Male HQ

your favourite airline

begleitung

Philippines Airlines Business Class for Trans Pacific.  It is less than half the cost of SIA Business Class and the PAL Business is usually fully staffed and half full.  Guess most Philippines do not fly Business.  Absolutely will not fly PAL economy.  Always 100% full.  The only negative is the transfer at the Manila airport.

Regionally, Scoot Business, all nice 787s.  Do not like the old Tiger 737s.

Europe FinnAir.  Good deal on Business Class pre-Covid.  

usually SIA or Emirates as I have points in both FF programs. Both have great services.

I was particularly impressed by SQ too as the crew would accommodate with a passenger's language ability as my last flight with them to a western country when i noticed a crew speaking mandarin to an aunty throughout the flight, as the aunty doesn't speak English.

And i noticed other crew would speak to her in mandarin too in a polite manner.

I don't know how they do it but the other crew was aware of it and was able to serve her and speak mandarin to her.

it was nice to see this gesture especially when the aunty was kind of elderly and needed assistance with filling custom forms.

This reminds me that when I fly to Hong Kong later this year on Cathay, I will speak mandarin too. see if their attitude had improve or not haha.

Used to be SQ, but lately I see a decline in service standards.

The good point on SQ is punctuality and less issues with lost or delayed luggage.

However, lately, prices are much too high for SQ, unless you book 6 months in advance.

I dislike also that they skipped the first drink round before meal (and if you got your meal, often you wait until they serve drinks also).

Can't say the same about Scoot. I decided to boycott Scoot the next 2 years at least because they seriously disappointed me on one thing, where Scoot caused the problem but is reluctant to refund my ticket. Just replying with standard replies for month, even after they agreed that it was their issue to have caused the problem.

I find this silly. Could have just given me a voucher, but...

I boycotted AirAsia for 5 years after they left me stranded at a small airport for nearly 24 hours and didn't even offer a 0.2l orange juice on the trip to Singapore.

Qatar, I don't think they stand for 5 star services also. It is much marketing. If you just need to travel one sector to Middle East it is ok, but if you continue I prefer to direct flight with no stop over. Due to Qatar pricing, flights are mostly full.

Emirates is very unreliable when it comes to luggage. nearly every third trip the luggage only arrived 2 days later...

The business lounge is much too full of people. Same as for Qatar the stop over is annoying.

For budget I prefer Jetstar (yes, they have issues also). Surprisingly, AirAsia seems more expensive nowadays than Scoot or Jetstar.

For long haul I hope prices will come down again with SQ.

And SQ should seriously rethink on cutting costs that make passengers "angry".

While I understand that for a 2 hours flight, you don't need to expect the most fancy food dish, but for long haul above 5 hours, it shouldn't look like

low standard... Maybe it just doesn't work with that current caterer...

Just looked for some return flights with SQ to Europe and all turned out to be 3k for economy (more than 3 months in advance).

Night flights seems at least 2k more costly than their day flights.

On 5/29/2023 at 11:12 AM, radiusulnar said:

Philippines airlines should have good service but no chance to try

They left me stranded at Changi airport for 12 hours...

Wasn't allowed to leave the airport and really had to spend (or better say waste) time at Changi airport until their plane arrived.

You can be lucky but can also be unlucky... haha

Business class differs also when it comes to the size of the bed or whether it can be reclined to a full bed, also depending on the sector your fly to.

KLM

AIR FRANCE

TURKISH AIRLINES - I love Middle Eastern food and the food served in their Business Class is really something and the range of welcome drinks they serve is also very good especially their lime mint soda

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

For trips back to Singapore, I prefer flying SQ. Anywhere else in the world, I don't have a strict preference, though I tend to stick with Star Alliance since most of my miles tend to be transferred to my Kris account which I use for upgrades etc. 

When I fly within the US, especially for work, I prefer private jet service, since sometimes last-minute fares can cost just as much as a private jet. There are many such companies providing membership, especially between popular connecting cities. You don't have to deal with the crowd, you can typically leave at a more convenient time, and usually, there are no more than 8 to 10 passengers on such flights. I've flown once where the passengers were just me and my dog. The best part, the company pays for it. :)

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

4 hours ago, doncoin said:

For trips back to Singapore, I prefer flying SQ. Anywhere else in the world, I don't have a strict preference, though I tend to stick with Star Alliance since most of my miles tend to be transferred to my Kris account which I use for upgrades etc. 

When I fly within the US, especially for work, I prefer private jet service, since sometimes last-minute fares can cost just as much as a private jet. There are many such companies providing membership, especially between popular connecting cities. You don't have to deal with the crowd, you can typically leave at a more convenient time, and usually, there are no more than 8 to 10 passengers on such flights. I've flown once where the passengers were just me and my dog. The best part, the company pays for it. :)

After hearing your sharing:

"I WISH I WERE IN YOUR SHOES..."

LOL

13 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

After hearing your sharing:

"I WISH I WERE IN YOUR SHOES..."

LOL

My job does provide a lot of perks, but it is also one where you are constantly surrounded by wealth that reminds you that it is not yours. It is also weird in some ways when dealing with ultra-high net-worth people. They can splurge on so many things but also penny-pinch on the most absurd things.

There are quite a number of PJ companies that provide services between Singapore and the popular regional cities, i.e. BKK, Bali, etc. Granted you do pay a little more for the convenience, i.e. you can depart at your preferred time, the flights usually leave from smaller airports, so less crowds to deal with, and in some cases, the immigration officer meets you at the door of the plane, no security checks (sometimes). 

Taking PJs is not something I do on a regular basis for work. Out of 10 trips maybe 4 will be on a PJ. The rest are just regular US-based airlines. 

Love. 

On 6/6/2023 at 3:26 PM, begleitung said:

Food is great on Turkish airline

I fully agree that the food served on Turkish Airline is one of the best I have eaten.  They have a selection of fruit juices once you are seated and I especially like their Lime & mint soda.  For main meals, I love the dips like hummus and eggplant ganoush.  On my recent flight, I opted for red meat and was served islim kebabs which is oven roasted lamb shanks wrapped in grilled aubergine with buttered Turkish rice.  Am looking forward to my upcoming flight to Lyons, France in October.  Wondering what the menu will be.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Asiana has a deeper pitch seats for their Economy Class than other airlines'. Provides more comfort for small size passengers as well. Little gesture with great outcome.

Batik Air also have relatively new planes and rather comfortable.

Cebu Pacific, one of the most fun flight I took a few years ago. They organized quiz with prizes for the passengers after meals were served. Certainly something unexpected on flights.

One of the factor which contributed passenger comfort on flights is the type of plane. A380 is one of most stable and quiet one.

On 5/30/2023 at 12:50 PM, singalion said:

They left me stranded at Changi airport for 12 hours...

Wasn't allowed to leave the airport and really had to spend (or better say waste) time at Changi airport until their plane arrived.

You can be lucky but can also be unlucky... haha

Business class differs also when it comes to the size of the bed or whether it can be reclined to a full bed, also depending on the sector your fly to.

The 

Edited by Slowmo

On 6/10/2023 at 12:42 AM, kimlo777 said:

I fully agree that the food served on Turkish Airline is one of the best I have eaten.  They have a selection of fruit juices once you are seated and I especially like their Lime & mint soda.  For main meals, I love the dips like hummus and eggplant ganoush.  On my recent flight, I opted for red meat and was served islim kebabs which is oven roasted lamb shanks wrapped in grilled aubergine with buttered Turkish rice.  Am looking forward to my upcoming flight to Lyons, France in October.  Wondering what the menu will be.

How unfortunate that you never encountered a sex orgy in the COCK-pit of Turkish Airlines with the captain and his 3 assistants...

Spotting your post in this thread, I was already waiting for you pinning down any such encounter...

20 hours ago, Slowmo said:

No offence but you are really unlucky in love when it comes to flying lol. Every other airline seems to be a miss to you when the topic in “your fav airline”. 

Hopefully things will turn out better for your next few flight!

Maybe being in Singapore I grew already into the habit of overexpectation on services, same as you can read in many blogs in this country.... 😂

For SQ A380 flights in Changi, they would split to different zones/seats example first/suites in front then biz to economy.

I just took one last month and then I saw this eco class passenger insisted on queuing up in front of an airport staff before boarding.

He had to be advised to go back to the zone seats but the guy seemed stubborn and stood there with his family.

of course his face was livid when suites/biz ppl boarded first.

I'm usually very late to the gate as I want to relax in the lounge and I'm not a shopping person.

I don't usually enjoy A380 flights as the crew are often very busy and a bit harder to get attentive services like in a smaller aircraft like A350 but SQ are usually okay. Just had to remind them again when they forgot certain stuff in a full flight.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:49 PM, radiusulnar said:

i thought family with children get to board first?

oh yes that's a standard but they always allow for young children and etc but that man was with his older teens so he was pretty annoyed.

SQ and EK for the win.

Should anyone start a “Your Least Favourite Airline(s), here are mine in early advance—once was enough and never ever again, they are the pits and everything about the whole passenger experience from queuing in line checking in, to onboard flight journey, to collecting luggage and leaving the airport sucked big time!

1. DL

2. AA

3. AF