Male HQ

Sauna a hotbed for diseases & HIV? + Contracting STD in Saunas (compiled)

Guest ohWell

Of course there are gay people who don't visit saunas. 

It's just that promiscuity seems prevalent on a sexualized place like Blowing Wind. 

If the manwhores on BW were to indeed represent the entire gay population in Singapore then I would be very worried (and sad).

Guest No just no

Its a dirty place for ugly, unwanted, old and despos to hookup, similar to how those old uncles go to geylang to visit prostitutes. Chlamydia and gonorrhea will become your best friend there.

12 hours ago, Guest No just no said:

Its a dirty place for ugly, unwanted, old and despos to hookup, similar to how those old uncles go to geylang to visit prostitutes. Chlamydia and gonorrhea will become your best friend there.

I am gay but I would never dream to go to a sauna, what a sinful place!  People disobeying the mandate of God while wallowing in chlamydia and gonorrhea.  

28  And as they liked not to have God in their knowledge, God
    delivered them up to a reprobate sense, to do those things
    which are not convenient;
29  Being filled with all iniquity, malice, fornication,
    avarice, wickedness, full of envy, murder, contention,
    deceit, malignity, whisperers,
30  Detractors, hateful to God, contumelious, proud, haughty,
    inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31  Foolish, dissolute, without affection, without fidelity,
    without mercy.
32  Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand
    that they who do such things, are worthy of death;

Instead I stay home praying all day long and taking cold showers every hour.

Nooo... just kidding :) 

Edited by Steve5380

1 hour ago, mate69 said:

And it doesn't help that most of the saunas if not all are of dubious cleanliness standards.

None that can compare with the cleanliness of Taipei's Aniki, for instance.

Aniki is one of the saunas I have never been and like to visit some day.  After all, I can pay the entrance fee.

But...  is the cleanliness of the place a guarantee of the cleanliness of the patrons (free of STDs) ??

The latter is a hundred times more important to me.

The risk of visiting sauna is contracting STDs.

Getting syphilis, chlamydia , gonorrhea will show symptoms if u r lucky and its treatable.

There are many non treatable STDs like HPV, HIV, Hep B, Herpes

Getting HPVs are could increase ur risks of getting oral, penile, anal cancers

Getting HIV and Hep B are non treatable and affect ur entire life.

If u have casual sex oftenly, do u dare to hug and kiss ur young nephews/nieces. do u dare to share food and drink with ur family?

Are u worried that u may pass some of the diseases through skin contact unknowingly?

Just now, Guest STDs said:

The risk of visiting sauna is contracting STDs.

Getting syphilis, chlamydia , gonorrhea will show symptoms if u r lucky and its treatable.

There are many non treatable STDs like HPV, HIV, Hep B, Herpes

Getting HPVs are could increase ur risks of getting oral, penile, anal cancers

Getting HIV and Hep B are non treatable and affect ur entire life.

If u have casual sex oftenly, do u dare to hug and kiss ur young nephews/nieces. do u dare to share food and drink with ur family?

Are u worried that u may pass some of the diseases through skin contact unknowingly?

At the end of day u have to ask urself, is it really worth going to sauna or visit gay app for random sex?

• 9 months later...
Guest hahaha
On 7/12/2018 at 6:44 PM, thorzguy said:

Me. It just didn't cross my mind to go to one.

I prefer visiting people house. 

So risky to enter a stranger house not knowing if you can come out alive.

• 4 years later...
Guest kena-already

I have been an avid go-er for the past 2 to 2.5 years and I make sure that I always do a full workup at DSC every 3 to 4 months. Alas the day has come (pun not intended) where I have been just diagnosed with gonorrhea. I was quite taken aback and also indignant to a certain extent as I felt that with increasing accessibility and affordability to sexual health checks and treatments, the rate of catching anything if at all has significantly decreased over the years (I'm close to 40 and started at 18).

Case in point here that it has been a while since I kena anything at all. And I know it's from KB. My sexual history for these 2.5 years is very much exclusive to nude nights and the occasional undergear days. I would consider myself a more-than-regular on my good days. I tend to play with several guys each time I'm there too. As I had visited twice in the past week, I'm dropping a note here to encourage everyone to go for your checks now especially if you have visited recently. While having casual fun has its risks, I believe we can still try to be civic-minded and schedule regular checks so we can upkeep safe fun as far as possible.

Last month i went to this Sauna(& had anal sex)& after doing a blood test @ N.C.I.D. 

the blood test results showed:

negative for H.I.V. but positive for Syphilis =0(

those who think: This is fake news>

i can show u my results from HealthHub if U want, anyway, the whole month i only had sexual contact at this place so by deduction...i Def got this from a Sauna =0(              

28 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

Last month i went to this Sauna(& had anal sex)& after doing a blood test @ N.C.I.D. 

i can show u my results from HealthHub if U want, anyway, the whole month i only had sexual contact at this place so by deduction...i Def got this from a Sauna =0(              

Do you display symptoms of syphilis on your body?

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

Did u wear condom?

I am not sure what is so surprising about catching a STI from having fun at these venues.

It is probably just a matter of time, unless you refrain from any risky acts. (eg, I have a friend who will only go and fondle and touch others, will not fuck/get fucked, suck/get sucked)

Gonorrhea  and chlamydia infection in the throat and anus is very often asymptomatic.

So unless you go for testing, you won't know.

Guest Risk!
3 hours ago, And then said:

I am not sure what is so surprising about catching a STI from having fun at these venues.

It is probably just a matter of time, unless you refrain from any risky acts. (eg, I have a friend who will only go and fondle and touch others, will not fuck/get fucked, suck/get sucked)

Gonorrhea  and chlamydia infection in the throat and anus is very often asymptomatic.

Syphilis can also spread from direct contact with the syphilitic sore as well. So even fondling and touching others has a risk especially in the areas where it is difficult to see anything and especially where won't be able to see any signs of STIs (if any).

At the end of the day... play safe and best to get tested regularly especially if frequent saunas :)

Both gonorrhea & syphilis can be transmitted through oral or anal sex.. Sometimes with or without symptoms at all!

If you frequently have casual oral sex with strangers in saunas, you'll definitely get either one of the 2 STDs!

Both STDs are treatable, so just do a regular checkup at DSC Clinic & get it treated if you are infected!

Edited by FunLoving

Guest STD Everyone Everywhere

No need to go sauna.  If your wife has syphilis and you f her, sooner or later you'll also hv syphilis.  Married people usually raw sex.  

Also, if someone is over 40, 50, 60, definitely the risk is higher.  Like the sun rising in the east.  Lol.

Also if you have a baby or toddler, don't let anyone kiss them.  Got news article from a mum who's baby got std from being kissed by strangers.  

What else ya?   Oh...  My f buddy told me of a case.  Nearly his whole department at work got std outbreak cos a few guys went to Thailand for sex and somehow the colleagues sway-sway picked it up from the toilet seat.  My friend didn't get infected cos he used the squat toilet.  

I think a lot of you missed the point. Instead of shaming them, I would rather applaud the TS and the many others who actually did the responsible thing to get tested. 

How many are sexually active and have not even tested?

Unless any of us are celibate and angels, the will ALWAYS be a probability that we will contract one form of STD or another. 

29 minutes ago, Guest STD Everyone Everywhere said:

No need to go sauna.  If your wife has syphilis and you f her, sooner or later you'll also hv syphilis.  Married people usually raw sex.  

Also, if someone is over 40, 50, 60, definitely the risk is higher.  Like the sun rising in the east.  Lol.

Also if you have a baby or toddler, don't let anyone kiss them.  Got news article from a mum who's baby got std from being kissed by strangers.  

What else ya?   Oh...  My f buddy told me of a case.  Nearly his whole department at work got std outbreak cos a few guys went to Thailand for sex and somehow the colleagues sway-sway picked it up from the toilet seat.  My friend didn't get infected cos he used the squat toilet.  

Rubbish. Then it's no longer std if it spreads to a whole dept this way.

1 hour ago, Guest STD Everyone Everywhere said:

Right. Cause a SEXUALLY TRANSMITED DISEASE. Hence the abbreviation STD is transmitted by non sexual activities. I wonder is the whole medical community dumb. Or just YOU.

On 3/30/2023 at 12:53 AM, Guest kena-already said:

I have been an avid go-er for the past 2 to 2.5 years and the day has come where I have been just diagnosed with gonorrhea.

I was quite taken aback with increasing accessibility and affordability to sexual health checks and treatments, the rate of catching anything if at all has significantly decreased over the years.

You must be dreaming if you believe that getting regular sexual health exams can save you from contracting sex-related illnesses like winning top lottery price. Your odds of winning the minimum toto prize of $10 are higher and more likely because of your regularly visit to lottery outlets.   

Edited by Why?

Guest Guest

I started a thread sometime ago about this same sauna. Got std when a bottom sat on my cock without protection. I know std can be spread anywhere. But the fact is I got it there. Pls be careful guys.

Guest Paranoid
On 3/30/2023 at 1:55 PM, And then said:

keke .. I am like your friend .. I go to sauna to admire men's bodies and get motivation for gym .. MAYBE the occasional fondle if I get to see that person's face but since it is usually so dark there, fondling doesn't happen often

44 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I started a thread sometime ago about this same sauna. Got std when a bottom sat on my cock without protection. I know std can be spread anywhere. But the fact is I got it there. Pls be careful guys.

You really suay lor. Of all places, kenna STD in that Particular sauna. Dose that means, that you go meet up with others in toilets, or their place or some other saunas, you won't contract STD or other diseases.

Come on lah. STD is not specific to a location but are spread by sexually active horny people, and as long as you are sexually active, there are always a possibility that you might contract STD one of these days. The more you have sex with strangers, the higher the chance. 

Guest Babies
15 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

You really suay lor. Of all places, kenna STD in that Particular sauna. Dose that means, that you go meet up with others in toilets, or their place or some other saunas, you won't contract STD or other diseases.

Come on lah. STD is not specific to a location but are spread by sexually active horny people, and as long as you are sexually active, there are always a possibility that you might contract STD one of these days. The more you have sex with strangers, the higher the chance. 

Babies also can get from relatives kisses.  

Dog lick owner also can die.

Breathe air also can die from Covid pneumonia 

On 4/5/2023 at 12:16 PM, Guest NIL said:

Given you're a regular in Keybox, very directly ask you, do you use just prep or you got condom on?

Prep does not prevent STD, so many clueless idiots here no wonder you gays are giving bad impressions to the straight community for being mindless cocks raping each other butt holes.

Guest Stranger
25 minutes ago, mate69 said:

freeze them away using liq nitro?

Yup. Been doing so fortnightly. 

I visited DSC clinic when the growths were small. After treatment, some would grow smaller while others became bigger before becoming smaller. Now left with two growths. Hope they can go away within a month or two. Even though I always ensured the guys wore condoms, I still got it. I haven’t visited since starting treatment.

I still remember when I felt the ass of some of the good looking guys, some of their growths were big but I wouldn’t know if they received treatment or just let it grow. 

14 hours ago, mate69 said:

actually i wonder what proportion of the gay community in singapore use prep?

from what i gather, i think its quite rare, correct me if im wrong

always thought the use of prep is quite low esp in asia

it is definitely not on the level as western countries, but it is increasing.

malaysia is giving out free prep, and you know how many Malaysians are in SG.

Previously when visiting sauna, the automatic default was condoms, but in the past year, I had been asked numerous occasions whether I was on prep.

These fellows were ready to go raw.

So definitely a change in the air there

17 hours ago, Guest Stranger said:

Yup. Been doing so fortnightly. 

I visited DSC clinic when the growths were small. After treatment, some would grow smaller while others became bigger before becoming smaller. Now left with two growths. Hope they can go away within a month or two. Even though I always ensured the guys wore condoms, I still got it. I haven’t visited since starting treatment.

I still remember when I felt the ass of some of the good looking guys, some of their growths were big but I wouldn’t know if they received treatment or just let it grow. 

Yup that's why the key is still to have regular testing

Guest Stranger
2 hours ago, mate69 said:

Yup that's why the key is still to have regular testing

Some STIs  are curable but others are not. 

I started visiting saunas in late 2021 and go for regular screening every quarter. Genital warts is not curable and the virus stays with us. If I go back to saunas, I would inevitably pass it on to others. I wonder how many of us are walking around with the virus. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Stranger said:

I started visiting saunas in late 2021 and go for regular screening every quarter. Genital warts is not curable and the virus stays with us. If I go back to saunas, I would inevitably pass it on to others. I wonder how many of us are walking around with the virus. 

I think it's obvious that as long as we are sexually active, we can surely expect to contract some form of an STI in our lifetime

Guest Man man
1 hour ago, Guest Stranger said:

Try not to visit. There are some really irresponsible people there with warts size of pebbles.

Thing is warts take a long time to go away even with treatment.

After they been removed they can recur if the person has sex again

18 hours ago, Guest Man man said:

Try not to visit. There are some really irresponsible people there with warts size of pebbles.

Thing is warts take a long time to go away even with treatment.

After they been removed they can recur if the person has sex again

Are the genital or anal warts because of HPV? Can HPV disappear from the body? Or will forever be in our body?

Guest HPV vaccinate
33 minutes ago, chiPJ said:

Are the genital or anal warts because of HPV? Can HPV disappear from the body? Or will forever be in our body?

Get vaccinated. If I'm not wrong, female have to do HPV. But guys are optional. But if you get fucked better go vaccine

Guest Man man
3 hours ago, chiPJ said:

It goes away after some years without health problems.

But the treatment is just as bad. Freezing, have to do a few sessions. Creams and lotions dissolve the wart and  also the skin , leaving the area red and raw. Some lotions have side effects.

2 minutes ago, Guest Man man said:

It goes away after some years without health problems.

But the treatment is just as bad. Freezing, have to do a few sessions. Creams and lotions dissolve the wart and  also the skin , leaving the area red and raw. Some lotions have side effects.

Apple cider vinegar is a good treatment too, but very raw and tender burn. 

Guest Stranger

There are actually a few strains of HPV, and some are more virulent than others. Vaccination works only if you have not contracted HPV. And it is in 3 doses over a period of months. 

If you have genital warts, you can still go for vaccination but you would only be protected against the strains you have not contracted and the vaccine does nothing for the strain that you have. 

• G_M changed the title to Sauna a hotbed for diseases & HIV? + Contracting STD in Saunas (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.