Male HQ

Would you have sex with a HIV+ undetectable

Guest Curious

Guest Minime

Anyone who have bought health insurance will and should not sleep with hiv+ person... Health and term life insurance is very strict on this and will void your coverage if hiv is detected in your health report.. you want to survive and be financially safe is Singapore should never do anything stupid.

1 hour ago, Guest cpnofused said:

But isn't U = U? Undetectable = Untransmitable?

U are right.  Today it is known that "undetectable" assures untransmissible.  But some decades ago it was believed that once infected,  always able to infect.

1 hour ago, Guest Minime said:

Anyone who have bought health insurance will and should not sleep with hiv+ person... Health and term life insurance is very strict on this and will void your coverage if hiv is detected in your health report.. you want to survive and be financially safe is Singapore should never do anything stupid.

I CAN'T BELIEVE that health and life insurance works like this in Singapore!   Weird!

In normal countries,  if one has HIV or any other health condition the insurance company may not give coverage, or the premiums will be much higher,  but once insured and thereafter some health condition like HIV appears,  the coverage should remain.  After all, the life insurance coverage is paid when the ultimate health problem,  death,  appears.

I’m too scare to it. So it’s a no for me.

Just my 2 cents worths for insurance coverage.

1. Policy bought before diagnosis will still cover you but you do have to declare as Insurer wants to assess the situation.

2. For HIV cases, it’s really case by case. Heard from a lot of friends, depending on your medical report, different insurer will give different outcome best to get your advisor to do a preliminary underwriting =)

Guest God is great
2 hours ago, Midori said:

To err on the side of caution, i wouldn't. But then again how do we know if the other party is HIV -? How do we know it's safe, say for example, when we hook up with someone for fun? 

That's the joy of sex. You'll never know. God created hiv and std to control the sex urge. That and the refractory period. 

If not, humanity would have been having sex non stop all day long.. 

Guest minime
16 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

U are right.  Today it is known that "undetectable" assures untransmissible.  But some decades ago it was believed that once infected,  always able to infect.

I CAN'T BELIEVE that health and life insurance works like this in Singapore!   Weird!

In normal countries,  if one has HIV or any other health condition the insurance company may not give coverage, or the premiums will be much higher,  but once insured and thereafter some health condition like HIV appears,  the coverage should remain.  After all, the life insurance coverage is paid when the ultimate health problem,  death,  appears.

no you will have to read the clause again for the terms and conditions in your policies.. they will void your coverage in event you are diagnose with HIV unless it is state under work related exposure.. which rarely will be covered unless you are in a front line duty and has been assaulted by HIV person while performing your duties. 

10 hours ago, Guest God is great said:

That's the joy of sex. You'll never know. God created hiv and std to control the sex urge. That and the refractory period. 

If not, humanity would have been having sex non stop all day long.. 

If you think a little harder,  you will conclude that your theory makes little sense.   If God would have desired to limit humanity to have sex in an orderly way to procreate... He would not have created sex urge in us.

Guest Hamson
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If you think a little harder,  you will conclude that your theory makes little sense.   If God would have desired to limit humanity to have sex in an orderly way to procreate... He would not have created sex urge in us.

Jesus told us that for many persecution will be the number one reason why they fall away. Jesus said they RECEIVED the Word and BELIEVED for a time (Luke 8:13).
Jesus linked persecution to tribulation and said it will cause many to be offended when it comes (Matt 13:20-21, Matt 24:10)+

BEING PREPARED FOR WHAT IS COMING IS INDEED A SALVATION ISSUE

Jesus and Paul said many will fall away who had believed
Matt 24:9-13 Matt 7:14
Matt 10:33-37
2 Thess 2:3
1 Tim 4:1
Luke 8:13-14
Mark 4:16-17

It is impossible to fall away from a place you never were. And the Very Greek word "apostasia" from which we get apostasy, means to forsake something that you believed or had. You cannot forsake what you never possessed.

51 minutes ago, Guest Hamson said:

Jesus told us that for many persecution will be the number one reason why they fall away. Jesus said they RECEIVED the Word and BELIEVED for a time (Luke 8:13).
Jesus linked persecution to tribulation and said it will cause many to be offended when it comes (Matt 13:20-21, Matt 24:10)+

BEING PREPARED FOR WHAT IS COMING IS INDEED A SALVATION ISSUE

Jesus and Paul said many will fall away who had believed

Why would one call to stop believing a " fall away "?   There should be nothing bad with stop believing.  It is simply a change of mind.  Or some new learning.

Yes, I am HIV- and would be happy to sleep with someone who is HIV+ on consistent treatment and undetectable! U=U!

In my opinion, sleeping with a HIV+ who is undetectable is actually safer than,

• A person who does not know his HIV status or not tested
  • A person who recently tested HIV- but continues to be exposed. Since HIV tests have a window period, some individuals who test HIV- recently could actually be infected recently and be having high viral loads

Given this, a HIV+ guy who is undetectable and on consistent treatment is really among of the lowest risks compared to a random guy you pick up.

Edited by Clive
Language

On 6/1/2023 at 4:45 PM, Clive said:

Yes, I am HIV- and would be happy to sleep with someone who is HIV+ on consistent treatment and undetectable! U=U!

• A person who recently tested HIV- but continues to be exposed. Since HIV tests have a window period, some individuals who test HIV- recently could actually be infected recently and be having high viral loads

Given this, a HIV+ guy who is undetectable and on consistent treatment is really among of the lowest risks compared to a random guy you pick up.

+1. sadly still not many people know this. 

Guest positive
On 6/1/2023 at 10:45 AM, Clive said:

I am HIV+, undetectable and currently live in Germany. As all other, I am checked every 3 months for the presence of HIV viruses RNA in my blood. Not a single test in 10 years has been positive. So, this is indeed a very low risk.

If you think about it, someone who is HIV- could actually be positive without know about it.  On the other hand, someone who is Undetectable, his HIV is under control and actually is safer.

Regardless, there is PrEP.  To be absolutely safe, every one can take as a precaution.  Can actually take event PrEP do not have to take it daily.  Check it out.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.