Male HQ

Falsely Accused / criminal intimidation

Guest Shakened

Guest Shakened

Hi I am a guest and closeted bi curious, I had a nasty experience and would like to seek for advices.

I was passing by Macritchie reservoir today and took a piss at the washroom while waiting for my connecting bus. While at the washroom, initially a topless guy was showering naked, followed by another guy.

as my connecting bus had a long wait (for non crowded double deck subsequent bus), i rested in the bench area with two fans, to get a respite from this hot weather. Washing my face and neck a few times to cool myself.

As i was cooling down, trying to get the best of both fans, one oscillating and one stationary, i could time to time hear weird sound of wet slippers squishing sound and plastic bags ruffling sound, alternating with shower sound and silence. Suspicious of the guy and curious if he was intentionally send cruising signal to a noob newbie like me, i went to take a look. He then made eye contact with me and went back to shower. I did not react or do anything. This happened again a 2nd time. 

then randomly out of the blue, while doing my own thinking under the fan, he suddenly came out and said in a confrontational voice “do you want me to call triple nine”. 

as his voice was confrontational, i went directly into a defensive mood and honestly said i’m enjoying the fan. he then tried to reason saying he saw me walking up and down looking at him.

firstly he was not naked and there was no voyeurism. Secondly he was the one dropping hints of cruising. 

now i am concerned of his threat and its possible implications. I am considering making a police report to safeguard myself in case he really make a false report against me. Should i do it?

my conscience is clear but his threat is unsettling. Doesn’t his action sounds like harassment and criminal intimidation. I suspect he was the one performing voyeurism against the first guy by pretending to wash things in his plastic bags. His action also embarrassed me as I was leaving the washroom.

what should i do in such a situation of false accusation? how would you handle if caught in such a false accusation, anyone could relate to the undue fear and distress?

It's a case of over sensitivity and plain idiosyncrasy on your part.

In your case, you know you are "closeted bi curious" which is as good as being gay but hates to admit it. Your guilty conscience knows that you were and may have admired the 2 guys for showering naked / clothed. 

You overthink and think that the squishing and rustling noise is a signal to get your attention and you went to check what happened. Which turns out it wasn't a cruising signal. 

Obviously that guy over-reacted thinking that you were ogling at him while he showers. That guy must have had previous bad experience by other cruisers which caused him to behave the way he behaves. 

In the eyes of the law, it's hard to prove that you were ogling at another person while one showers. He has to prove that you had tried to do something criminal. 
You can turn it around and say that you will call the cops on him because he behaves like a gangster for staring at him and you fear that your life could be in danger.  

Either way, since no malice nor any criminal activities and no injury. There would not be any case. Report at your own will.

So, what does this lesson teaches you? 

if you truly weren't cruising and were really waiting for the bus and enjoying the fan, then don't go into the showers, no matter what sound you hear.

Which idiot will use slipper squishing sound and plastic ruffling noise as a cursing hint? Only you can think of such nonsense.

And if you weren't cruising, would you even want to go and check the showers? Sure or not? You are such a lousy liar.

You really have to be honest to yourself. As must as you hate to admit it. you were hoping that something nice would happen. Stop lying through your teeth.

I can spot a lie a mile away. 

Anyway, hope this teaches you a good lesson.

Well just make a police report then because you believed that you had done nothing wrong.

It's just a police report anyway, not a big deal I don't understand why you need to be afraid of going to the police?

Drop in to one of the stations near your place to have a chat with an officer instead of wasting your time worrying and not doing anything.

Asking the police for advice like this is fine anyway, it's your right as a citizen to get Police help if you think you need it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.