Male HQ

when you initiate to meet someone and they just ignore the text.

Guest secretpanda

Is it rude, sort of. But it happens.

Some times its not a clear message, but in this case there's not a lot of context so hard to say.

Typically I send another text non-related but if the person still doesn't reply or doesn't indicate that they've seen the text, then I take it as that they're not interested.

That said, I'm learning from my new boss to be upfront so that I don't end up wasting people's time either.

3 hours ago, Guest secretpanda said:

is it more rude than a 'no'?

You should not feel such "rudeness" or be affected by it.   You should find better individuals to meet.  After all, to initiate and send some text should not be a big task, and you can repeat it a thousand times.

Maybe the person is afraid to write a "no" because it could be rude.  But if he would be more self confident and social he could find nice ways to  say just that.

Guest Ucanfeelit

If the other party is keen, he will respond. There is no reason he totally miss ur message or has no time to reply. Some prefer not to reply to reject or giving white lie that he is busy or sort. 

16 hours ago, Guest Ucanfeelit said:

If the other party is keen, he will respond. There is no reason he totally miss ur message or has no time to reply. Some prefer not to reply to reject or giving white lie that he is busy or sort. 

Agree. No reply = not keen.  If you keep chasing for a response,  you may get a cook-up excuse after excuse.  If he is genuinely keen, he will reply, no matter how late 

Don't read and response to guests' post

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Agree. No reply = not keen.  If you keep chasing for a response,  you may get a cook-up excuse after excuse.  If he is genuinely keen, he will reply, no matter how late 

But honestly, some people expect instant replies and even turn nasty when there is no reply. In many cases I did not even read the message due to specific reasons (being busy, forgot phone while going for lunch, etc etc.

I also find that this "no reply" policy or trait is much more common in this region than in other parts. In Europe people are just more blunt to say "not keen, not my type, not interested, not a match" etc   while here people keep silent.

It makes things easier if you just send a no.

Depends on the situation sometime they even forget they use to chat with you n when u ask to meet up they give so much gaga excuses then after so many years suddenly pop up in their membrane to meet up? 😂 What the fuck u tryin to do brah? U pretend not to know or u have many guys to meet n go? 😂 Too bad you ignore the one that can show you incredible adventure or even a show! Or just watch n shoot it! What a loser!!! 😂

On 6/4/2023 at 7:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

means the person is not interested, just move on. dun end up being a nuisance instead.

I agree.  If there is no response, it is either that person is not able to, or is unwilling to reply.

If that person is not able to do so at that moment but is still interested, a reply will eventually come.  If it does not, that person either had forgotten all about you, or is not interested. 

Trying to pursue someone when the other party is not interested is pretty much stalking.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

means the person is not interested, just move on. dun end up being a nuisance instead.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Looking for Lean twin bottom.. Only clean safe discreet fun

15 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Very true, esp you are just a stranger to him

Looking for Lean twin bottom.. Only clean safe discreet fun

On 6/5/2023 at 4:19 PM, singalion said:

But honestly, some people expect instant replies and even turn nasty when there is no reply. In many cases I did not even read the message due to specific reasons (being busy, forgot phone while going for lunch, etc etc.

I also find that this "no reply" policy or trait is much more common in this region than in other parts. In Europe people are just more blunt to say "not keen, not my type, not interested, not a match" etc   while here people keep silent.

It makes things easier if you just send a no.

Different East West cultural value.  Some people can't take outright rejection kindly, especially rejection with racial connotation.   Keeping silent or non-reply in fact sent a clear message that the person is not keen and we should not persist further. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

Best advice is to move on.

Think of it as a sales pitch; if the customer is not excited/proactive in terms response it's best to cut your losses and find someone else. For all you know he may revert eventually but do not bank on that.

Guest Silence may be golden
On 6/4/2023 at 7:02 PM, Guest secretpanda said:

is it more rude than a 'no'?

What difference by staying quiet or saying "No" to you make?  Both scenarios are sign of rejection.   In fact, staying quiet allows the other party some flexibility to meet you again after he came to his senses.   Saying "No" mean he has already killed you.  Which one you prefer?

18 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Different East West cultural value.  Some people can't take outright rejection kindly, especially rejection with racial connotation.   Keeping silent or non-reply in fact sent a clear message that the person is not keen and we should not persist further. 

Yeah, but I would always advise to leave any context to race out of the rejection. Keep it neutral.

It might matter to you that you don't have sex with Klingones, Zinobobbians or Mangalores, but you don't need to be offensive and reply with "No Klingones".

A "not keen" would just do it.

Keeping silent doesn't really give a clear message.

Responding with a no, not interested gives a clear message.

I personally prefer to reject instead of keeping silent, because then 99.6% will just not bother you any longer. If you keep silent, how many times will the other guy still message you. So, problem is not resolved. But you can resolve it by giving feedback with a no. it doesn't cost you much effort.

It is the same story, as someone chasing another through all the corridors, stairs and paths of a sauna. You might enjoy being a superstar for the moment, but in the end no one will engage with you because you are busy or people will get the idea you are doing some sports training by running at faster speed through the place. So turn around and tell the guy off.

Same goes for apps.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.