Male HQ

Home Cooked Speghetti Wif Tomato & Meat Sauce

Baloo

I'd been cooking up batches of this at home... and splitting it up to single portions and refridgerte it for warm up and eating later in the week... it's quite interesting what you can do with this 'traditional' pasta dish, and personalise it.

OK I am the lazy kind... I really dun wanna start from scratch to make the pasta sauce - in this case, tomato and meat sauce. So I buy off the shelf... and after trying out most of the market varieties... only one brand is to my liking for overall base sauce taste... I buy the big bottles... they come in a few 'variations' too - chunky garden, mushroom, cheese and garlic, etc... so you really can mix and match if you use 2 big bottles... I also get their canned versions too - handy for a single serving, but by itself, i dun feel like it very often...

the meat sauce for this thing is to have minced lean beef from the wet market or at the gourmet section of the supermarket - ntuc? forget it... all not from lean meat - you will get some fat minced in... but it's not lethal, you can have it for added flavour like I sometimes do. I'd usually pre-marinate the minced beef in some olive oil, some soy sauce, some wine, or XO haha my currently opened bottle... sometimes i use scotch whisky (hate Burbon - so no Jacks for me), sometimes red wine.

I'd chop in some onions, and add liberal amounts of fresh ground black pepper.

oh, rule of thumb - 300 g of minced meat with one big bottle and one can of the prepared sauce. too much, no more sauce, too little... not for me ... i like it sinfully rich with the meat.

over a heated sauce pan, lace in some olive oil and fry up the chopped onions till fragrant... medium heat, else everything will burn, even the olive oil...

put in the marinated minced beef (try 30 minutes or more if possible) and fry till almost cooked... must stir it till all separate and not one huge lump...

in the pot, heat up the base sauce and scoup in the fried beef... once you worked it all in, put a teaspoon of vinegar - can be white, or cider vinegar - to taste. if you like can also add in crushed bay leaves, and whole peppercorns. slow boil for 5 minutes. Done.

The pasta... on a big wok or pot, heat up water. before it boils, add in a teaspoon of salt, and table spoon of olive oil. Add in the pasta. use a pot/wok big enough to put the pasta in without breaking it and let it boil till you like the softness - minimum time is on the box/package. set your timer... and lower the fire once it boils - yet keep it boiling, no need to be furious boil... and cover partially your pot/wok. dun overboil the pasta... it will be horribly gooey... yucks... my rule of thumb? speghetti No.5 i boil for 14 minutes from time of boil - soak in earlier... tubular speghetti is 9 minutes, and angel hair in 2 minutes.

to the pasta, when drained, add liberal amount of olive oil... and scoop in some pasta sauce. you can add a wedge of lime to the sauce for additional zing, tobasco sauce, grated parmesian cheese...

and if you like greens, on the side have some blanched brocolli ... it's nice with pasta.

variations to the sauce is to have gourmet sausages, cut into coin shaped discs... or whole cocktail sausages. makes nice pasta sauce too... just dun put in fish... or seafood... puui...

and to make things interesting, can at the point of serving, add in cut tomatoes, or baby tomatoes too... to the sauce... let the heat cook the tomatoes a bit... the baby tomatoes - just BURST in your mouth... mmmm.... sometimes i add baby tomatoes raw... cold straight from the fridge and onto a plate, and combine in my mouth... with the hot pasta sauce... and the cold explosion in the mouth contrasts excitingly with the steaming hot sauce... yet being tomato - same family... is very nice.

you wanna do meat balls, also can... but must be self made... and meat balls 'fried' well so insides are cooked, and can keep... you want it "medium" or "rare" they must be eaten in one sitting. cannot keep. else become quite toxic... so beware.

YUM.....

• 9 years later...

Thanks for the tip @Baloo. I'm trying to discover cooking and making spaghetti on my own is a start. This is a good post and very useful for newbie cooks like me.

Are you using Del Monte Pasta Sauce ? What would be the best pasta that I should buy based on your opinion, any pasta should be ok am I right?

For the Del Monte Pasta Sauce I bought two variants, Basil and the other one is Garlic.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.