Male HQ

Zoe Tay Shrine for lovers & haters (Compiled)

Guest Zo ey Fan

Guest Guest

What respect does she expect to get when a closer examination of her track record in recent years shows her up to be either unproductive, irrelevant or worse, a box office poison?

Does she expect to be feted as the top unbeatable queen like in the 90s?

Zoe should get real and begin by earning some respect instead of demanding for it.

Guest Guest

Just noticed, in the press conference videos, Rui En didn't bother to add a 'jie', it's just 'Huiyu'.

Rebecca Lim also said 'Huiyu' instead of 'Huiyu-jie'.

Could this be the reason why Zoe is feeling so sore?

Guest Guest

Just noticed, in the press conference videos, Rui En didn't bother to add a 'jie', it's just 'Huiyu'.

Rebecca Lim also said 'Huiyu' instead of 'Huiyu-jie'.

Could this be the reason why Zoe is feeling so sore?

Please la, want people to pray, set up an altar.

Please lah, these kind of standard want to expect to be respected??? Has China invited these 2 for any of their major production??? Lau Zoe that kind of face can't even be a palace maid, she think she can do Ada Choi's empress role??? Their kind of inflated false sense of achievements and glamour you want to bullshit in Singapore still can, a lot of undiscerning idiots here who will support this kind of low quality shit. If you talk about international standard, please go back and fuck dog. Nobody will be impressed with her retarded acting.

Wah, your language is a little crass....

On a serious note, I tend to agree with the part on the part that she cannot even do a palace maid's role, what more as the empress.  In fact, many in mediacorp, to a certain extent, cannot portray refined roles, but all can do the ah seng or ah lian character.

It has to do with the facial features and inability to be cultured and refined.

Even for sophisticated roles like high society, lawyers, doctors or cops, mediacorp actors/actresses simply lack the suave, the ease of character.  They are all just so commoner, so grassroot and lack of that bit of glamor.

Guest Guest

TNP article: MediaCorp veteran Zoe Tay blasts young actors for being rude

Click this link for TNP article (JPEG format)

In the article, Irene Ang said that respect has to be earned, not demanded.

Guest Guest

yknow what the funny thing is? Wasnt your Xiang Yun like the maid in Tong Xin Yuan? like hua-jie or something?

eh pls pls take your stupidity back to the heartlands your LHZB-totting turd

What's an elitist bitch like you doing watching Channel 8 heartland drama serials like Tong Xin Yuan... or supporting a low-class local actress like Zoe? Haha you're so stupid.

Unlike Zoe, Xiang Yun never claimed to be some glam babe, neither did Xiang Yun insist on being the No. 1 leading actress in all dramas. She willingly took on supporting roles and made the best of her circumstances, performing the best she can. That's why she is so respected by everyone.

Compared to that old hag Zoe with severe wrinkles and crow's feet demanding for lead roles, complaining that younger artistes don't respect her, and who has a dismal track record of viewership and box office flops and endorsement controversies, the difference is stark.

Remember, Zoe proclaimed she was a glam bikini babe with 6-pack abs, but in 2009 HDTV Ultimatum exposed her wrinkles and the fact that all her 'glam' magazine covers were in fact Photoshopped.

Remember, Zoe had the chance to make a big comeback with a tailor-made lead role in Devotion, but she couldn't live up to expectations as MediaCorp's so-called 'No. 1 Ah Jie', even a newbie Taiwanese actress called Cynthia Wang stole her thunder completely.

So Zoe is a failure through and through. But her worst nightmare must be having you this type of retarded fans who go around cursing other actresses like Xiang Yun and Fann Wong, or insisting that Zoe must be trussed up in glam peacock feathers all the time.

Face it, she's a failure, and she can't live up to her titles. Let her rest in peace and stop flogging a dead horse!

Guest Guest

What's an elitist bitch like you doing watching Channel 8 heartland drama serials like Tong Xin Yuan... or supporting a low-class local actress like Zoe? Haha you're so stupid.

>> Why not, cos there are other people apart from Xiang Yun acting, who btw only takes up like 3 seconds of screen time anyway to bring out food at dinner LMAO; So it's bearable.

Unlike Zoe, Xiang Yun never claimed to be some glam babe, neither did Xiang Yun insist on being the No. 1 leading actress in all dramas. She willingly took on supporting roles and made the best of her circumstances, performing the best she can. That's why she is so respected by everyone.

>> Yeah how about cos she cant??? From the very moment she came out on the Awakening she looked like a maid already. 

Compared to that old hag Zoe with severe wrinkles and crow's feet demanding for lead roles, complaining that younger artistes don't respect her, and who has a dismal track record of viewership and box office flops and endorsement controversies, the difference is stark.

>> Zoe can choose to have botox anytime in case you're wondering. I think Xiang Yun needs waaayyy more than just botox: She needs like reincarnation.

Remember, Zoe proclaimed she was a glam bikini babe with 6-pack abs, but in 2009 HDTV Ultimatum exposed her wrinkles and the fact that all her 'glam' magazine covers were in fact Photoshopped.

>> Magazine covers are all photoshopped anyway for everyone, no big deal. 

Remember, Zoe had the chance to make a big comeback with a tailor-made lead role in Devotion, but she couldn't live up to expectations as MediaCorp's so-called 'No. 1 Ah Jie', even a newbie Taiwanese actress called Cynthia Wang stole her thunder completely.

>> Not really, i don't think anyone could have played that role better than Zoe. Certainly not Xiang Yun. Yknow why? cos we don't need TV to be so bloody real: If we wanted to see naggy, un-glam flat-faced housewife types just head to the nearest heartland lor (where you're probably at now reading this).

So Zoe is a failure through and through. But her worst nightmare must be having you this type of retarded fans who go around cursing other actresses like Xiang Yun and Fann Wong, or insisting that Zoe must be trussed up in glam peacock feathers all the time.

>> Says who, you ah? Yeah ok *cough*

Face it, she's a failure, and she can't live up to her titles. Let her rest in peace and stop flogging a dead horse!

Guest limlawrence

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

Guest Guest

the children may decide to be gay in future by looking at their parents failed marriage.

on a serious note, it might really affect. lack of love from one side can become gay or lesbian.

I don't believe Chen Han Wei and Zoe Tay is that stoopid to sprout such nonsense. I think it is a pathetic attempt to drum up more publicity becos if this series with so many "big" names still fail,  it will be most shameful. The commercials during past and current serials are so little these days. No one is buying airtime anymore because they know the big spending 20s to 30s group are not watching TV anymore. The sales team is having a hard time convincing their advertisers that their products will sell when they have dwindling statistics to show for it. Hence this sort of pre-publicity measures which are laughably lame. 

TheDreamMakers700x400_20130604114550.jpg

28275712%20-%2012_06_2013%20-%20mtyoung.

Zoe looks so different in both pics.
Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

No one is buying airtime anymore because they know the big spending 20s to 30s group are not watching TV anymore.

more than half still do just that they are not watching mediacorp. everyone is only watching starhub cable tv or mio tv, to them these two are more 'mainstream' than the real mainstream channels.

Guest limlawrence

I don't believe Chen Han Wei and Zoe Tay is that stoopid to sprout such nonsense. I think it is a pathetic attempt to drum up more publicity becos if this series with so many "big" names still fail,  it will be most shameful. The commercials during past and current serials are so little these days. No one is buying airtime anymore because they know the big spending 20s to 30s group are not watching TV anymore. The sales team is having a hard time convincing their advertisers that their products will sell when they have dwindling statistics to show for it. Hence this sort of pre-publicity measures which are laughably lame. 

It is just one-sided story from these 2 old stars. The young artistes can also said they are arrogant and why must they greet them when bumping into them? It is a personal choice. Did they both greet all the people in the Company that they bump into? Just because they acted for a few more years does not mean they can command respect. Respect is earned. Maybe they did not earn it, that is why they are not greeted?

Guest Guest
This is nothing new. When you meet an old artiste at the petrol station queuing to pay, you greet him, instead of return the greetings he put his eyes to the ceiling looking for lizards i guess. How do you feel? I am talking about Mark Lee. You see these things come in circle.

Guest limlawrence

"did not greet their seniors when they bumped into each other"

This CHW and ZT think what, army camp ah?!

Chen Hanwei and Joe Tay should keep their mouths shut. Particularly Chen Hanwei always behaves like he knows it all (KIA). Most of Mediacorp artistes think that they are some future hollywood stars. This is a laugh. They are far from it!

Joe Tay in private life also needs improvement. Heard about her greeds for bags incident. She forgets she is in her middle age. The olds must give ways to the youngs. They forget themselves because they have been too much infront of the cameras. Stop acting once you are off the set!

Guest Guest

Chen Hanwei and Joe Tay should keep their mouths shut. Particularly Chen Hanwei always behaves like he knows it all (KIA). Most of Mediacorp artistes think that they are some future hollywood stars. This is a laugh. They are far from it!

Joe Tay in private life also needs improvement. Heard about her greeds for bags incident. She forgets she is in her middle age. The olds must give ways to the youngs. They forget themselves because they have been too much infront of the cameras. Stop acting once you are off the set!

we can bitch all we want but celebrities are humans too and they are leading their own lives. who are we to tell people to stop doing this and that?

Guest Guest

MediaCorp veterans: Young artistes have no manners!

MediaCorp veterans Chen Hanwei and Zoe Tay criticised the newcomers in the local entertainment industry about their "lack of respect to the veterans", "no manners" and "lack of proper upbringing".

At the press conference of MediaCorp's new drama "The Dream Makers", Chen lamented that there is a lack of respect for the senior actors and actresses amongst the younger generation. He cited an example where some artistes, whom he did not wish to name, did not greet their seniors when they bumped into each other.

The 43-year-old actor also took the opportunity to urge those "rude artistes" to learn some manners and moral values, adding that the number of fans and awards they have gotten do not define how good they are.

Further, Chen voiced his disappointment with the "disrespectful youths", as they continue to do so even after he reprimanded them. When asked if his remarks would offend certain quarters, he replied that he was unfazed by the possible criticism towards him as he viewed himself as "a veteran who is qualified to reprimand them".

Meanwhile, Zoe Tay shared the views of Chen by saying that she had personally scolded the younger actors and actresses about their discourteous behaviour, and attributed their impudence of young artistes to the lack of proper upbringing.

The 45-year-old actress also highlighted the importance of Confucianism to the local Chinese community as those teachings will lead them down the path of success. She elaborated that she had exposed her children to Confucianism and asked them to memorise some Chinese classic texts such as "The Three Character Classic (San Zi Jing)" and "Standards for Being a Good Student and Child (Di Zi Gui)".

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/mediacorp-veterans-young-artistes-no-manners-090400861.html

Guest Guest

im not zoe supporter, im neutral but saw this comment on yahoo. totally different from what the zoe supporters here are saying.

"I have personally worked with Zoe on the set before. She is a nicest person to work with. She cares and respects anyone without the slightest pretention. This is no sarcasm or make-up story."

to be honest, i have also heard some friends telling me zoe tay is unpretentious and very nice.

ok, i hope the zoe haters dun flame me. :yuk:

Guest Guest

im not zoe supporter, im neutral but saw this comment on yahoo. totally different from what the zoe supporters here are saying.

"I have personally worked with Zoe on the set before. She is a nicest person to work with. She cares and respects anyone without the slightest pretention. This is no sarcasm or make-up story."

to be honest, i have also heard some friends telling me zoe tay is unpretentious and very nice.

ok, i hope the zoe haters dun flame me. :yuk:

Those are just subjective views of one or two individuals.

Guest whyyoulidat

Who cares? She knows better how much shit she's worth. Try getting on some international poster, not low class local production. The mark of true success is outside recognition, not by the few frogs in the same well.

Recently Zoe Tay went on some International poster for her English movie, Mister John, right? That one local production meh?

If I got the news right, it was the Ang Mohs who cast her in the show, right? Still got appeal mah. 

I mean, if you hate Zoe Tay so much, just stop talking about her lor. Im kinda irritated by your constant 'prove to the world Zoe Tay sucks theory'. The fact is that you don't wanna admit she still commands power and attention to have such a big hater like you. 

I think she's one of the last few local actresses I really admire. You dont have to tell me how much you dislike her, I know. I just want you to know hw much I admire her. PEaCEOUT!

Guest whyyoulidat

It's her sista Chen Hanwei who started it and she just echoed him like a parrot, accusing the younger artistes and crew of being disrespectful.

Everyone who knows better knows that Zoe Tay has an unparalleled track record of viewership flops and box office flops since 1999 up to 2012.  Spectacular ones include Lost Soul, Millennium Bug, The Tree, Katong Miss Oh, Lady of Leisure, Ultimatum, Love Cuts, etc.

She has lost all her major endorsements since her 2006 'I swallow' debacle and her 2009 high-definition wrinkles controversy, Imedeen and Garnier have given her a wide berth and she's reduced to endorsing bak kwa and shower heads (even those were one-off, unlike Xiang Yun's perennial Nation maids or Shop N Save ads).  Prestigious bird's nest, abalone, jewellery and airline endorsements go to more marketable stars like Fann Wong, Jeanette Aw and Joanne Peh.

Zoe Tay is completely unknown beyond Singapore and JB, no regional or international directors or production houses bother to cast her in their films or dramas.  She can't do period dramas (she looks like a transvestite in period garb), can't do comedy (Lady of Leisure and Katong Miss Oh were 2 big-time flops), can't do anything except a typical HDB housewife role.  She was not nominated for Star Awards Best Actress for almost a decade since 2003, don't even talk about overseas.

Her movies were big box office flops.  Her last movie, Love Cuts, had a production cost of $1 million but ended up getting only $90k at the local box office.  And she reportedly drew a 6-figure fee for that, can justify or not?  No wonder even a Zaobao entertainment report alluded briefly to her reputation as a box office jinx when reporting about local movie stars!

With all these flops, controversies and failures, Zoe Tay still expects to be respected?  Hell no!  Who the hell does she think she is, the Queen of Caldecott Hill?  Huang Biren and Ivy Lee are much better in acting compared to her, Fann Wong is definitely more successful than her, Xiang Yun is more respected than her, even actresses like Yeo Yann Yann have been to Cannes already?  So who is this kuching kurap Zoe Tay who thinks so highly of herself with her inflated sense of self?  She's just a nobody!

Queen my arse!

You're her biggest fan. Period. 

She's earning more than what you can ever earn in a lifetime. Chill. 

Guest whyyoulidat

Stop misleading others you lying bitch, you didn't stop at saying Zoe Tay was merely "okay", you went on to claim that her position was "unshaken".

But you had no proof to back up your baseless opinion.

We have all the facts to support why Zoe Tay is in fact the biggest failure in MCS for 15 years. You don't.

You lackeys should be muzzled and leashed to prevent other innocent people from getting bitten.

Wow! So you're trying to say that you've been hating Zoe Tay since 15 years ago? 

But according to real facts, she's been in top rated drama serials before mediacorp's lousy scriptwriters came in, been the #1 for so many years, still commands a 6 figures endorsement fees, got engaged by Irish to film an English movie, got selected by Eric Khoo for his new film, earns $10,000 per appearance (she just had a few appearances this year at launches), has Cartier as her sponsor etc etc... ..Wow.. 

To me, she is the biggest and most successful star; someone who has the ability to make another person hate her for 15 years! 

Guest Guest

Huh? what new film, don't anyhow inflate the old hag's value hor.

A movie on dementia, he needs someone with that kind of age. look and symptoms

Guest Guest

Huh? what new film, don't anyhow inflate the old hag's value hor.

A movie on dementia, he needs someone with that kind of age. look and symptoms

That explains why he didn't look for her for his other award winning movies 

Mee Pok Man (1995), 12 Storeys (1997), Be with Me (2005)

then how come he never find you? a demented lhzb-totting dirtbag. btw dont repond to your own replies it looks really stupid

Guest Guest

then how come he never find you? a demented lhzb-totting dirtbag. btw dont repond to your own replies it looks really stupid

Because he prefers your mum that old slut and she's willing to swallow

Guest Guest

So it's a lackey of Lau Zoe initially pretending to be neutral and posting stuff in her defence.

Then the lackey's true colours are unleashed when he says how much he admires her.

Old hag is just an old hag, and stop misleading people with false news like she's in a new Eric Khoo movie and she's cast by the Irish in an international production.

You should know better what are the real facts.

Guest sour grapes

So it's a lackey of Lau Zoe initially pretending to be neutral and posting stuff in her defence.

Then the lackey's true colours are unleashed when he says how much he admires her.

Old hag is just an old hag, and stop misleading people with false news like she's in a new Eric Khoo movie and she's cast by the Irish in an international production.

You should know better what are the real facts.

People learN from u ma. Arent you some coward pretending as a lots of haters in this forum as well. Get a life coward. Stop hiding behind the laptop and keep typing all these... 10 years down the road, as long as she is still in mediacorp, she still will be the queen. Face it ;) ooichunh

Guest Guest

People learN from u ma. Arent you some coward pretending as a lots of haters in this forum as well. Get a life coward. Stop hiding behind the laptop and keep typing all these... 10 years down the road, as long as she is still in mediacorp, she still will be the queen. Face it ;) ooichunh

Your Zoe Tay will forever be a failure, a box office jinx and the most unmarketable old hag in MediaCorp :)

Guest Guest

People might comment or criticise Zoe Tay but its a fact that Mediacorp still regards her as Queen of Mediacorp as she is always the last one to sashay down the event as the last star (presumably the biggest just as every other star event around the world) and even the upcoming drama 志在四方,she is also placed in middle of posters etc, so we can only say that she has "power", dramas may not earn high viewership, not many endorsements but still get to front new big blockbuster dramas

What can we do? Unless someone knows the head of Mediacorp and cab reflect their views of Zoe to them, or maybe only time will tell

You look at Lao Zoe now, she doesn't have the glow despite MCS trying hard to artificially pump up her status. Why? Because she is living 'on' her past 'glories', she keeps talking about the good old days at MCS.  Why is Lao Zoe like that? Besides she personally doesn't possess the necessary qualities of a REAL star (she was artificially pushed up by MCS and her media lackeys), and also she doesn't have fans who tell her frankly about her limitations. They keep singing her praises despite her lacklustre performance/achievement & the reality behind her 'success' at MCS. 

Ironically, it's her FANS (which include the local media) & her FRIENDS who caused her downfall. Their 'over-protectiveness' caused her head to swell & act like a queen & so she expects a lot & complain a lot. Her fans think that by 'eliminating' her rival Fann Wong, their queen will live & rule forever. To their disappointment, there are people with brains & eyes who can see for themselves.

To Lao Zoe, please don't expect everybody to kowtow to you, because you must know you actually didn't achieve anything without MCS.  Every accolade you had received came from mcs, right from the moment you joined star search. Don't say you had worked very hard, because you are not the only one who had worked very hard.  Anyway your pathetic track record speaks for itself.

Guest Guest

Zoe Tay made a lot of enemies over the years, these are just some of them

Fann Wong

Pan Ling Ling

Madeline Chu

Guo Ling Song

Yang Libing

Christina Ong

Boredphucks

Li Xie

Guest Guest

Zoe Tay is No. 1!

Yes, Zoe Tay is No. 1, from the bottom!

Old hag Zoe trying too hard to be glam when she's a wrinkly old auntie who can't perform new tricks.  Tell her to fuck off!

Since 2009 until now, 2013.  You guys have been fighting about the same fucking Old topic. Aren't you even tired. 

Please spare all of us in the forum about your fucking fights. 

Who the fuck watched Mediacorp shows nowadays, everyone have moved on to watching shows on the internet and you guys are still fucking bitching about who is fucking no. 1 in Mediacorp.

Please go and fucking get a life!

To the Pro-ZT & the Anti-ZT

1. Everyone has already have sufficient time over the last few days to air your views of ZT.

2. Guys, everyone take a deep breath and one-step back each. Please do NOT continue with anymore new thread of this contentious issue. Give me some face. Also I am sure majority of BW readers will appreciate you all exercising restraint from now on.

3. I will be moving this thread to the flaming room.

Hendry Tan

Admin and Mod

PS :

------

i) For anyone else who trys to create a subsequent thread on THIS subject matter. (i.e. do not give me face) I will tell you my next course of action.

ii) I will interpret subsequent threads by either parties as ANTI-SOCIAL behaviour; that is intentionally designed to disrupt the smooth operation of the forum.

iii) From the technical perspective, I will also treat such actions as maliciously wasting BW's paid bandwidth and our paid computer CPU resources.

iv) I have already noted the IP address, date and time of all the above posts.

v) I will write to your LLC's management, ISP's network administrator in our capacity of Blowing Wind GAY Forum Admin/Mod; to complaint about (ii) and (iii).

vi) This complaint will definitely not be pleasant for all parties, especially your network administrator who will be forced to investigate such GAY cat fights originating via their company network resources.

vii) Let us avoid this.

Let's recap what Hendry posted.

Guest whyyoulidat

Your Zoe Tay will forever be a failure, a box office jinx and the most unmarketable old hag in MediaCorp :)

You will be her most loyal fan till the day she retires and you will continue hating her with her continuing to earn more than you, see more success in life. :D

Guest coryblue

You will be her most loyal fan till the day she retires and you will continue hating her with her continuing to earn more than you, see more success in life. :D

Please go and fucking get a life!

Guest Guest

Until she gets incinerated into a pile of ash in an urn.

• G_M changed the title to Zoe Tay Shrine for lovers & haters (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.