Male HQ

Health Supplements Discussion & Recommendation (Compiled)

Guest Supplements

Guest Supplements

I am looking for Glucosamine supplements for my leg joints. Checked the pharmacy. Going for about 50 cents / tablet.

Got recommendations for cheap and good ones I can trust and where to buy.

If got other added minerals like Zinc also can.

I think it's cheaper when you buy more, I was looking at buying at the Blackmores brand for my mother. It's call "Joint Formula".

NTUC Pharmacy selling 240 tables for about $120 so should be about the price you paid for.

Was talking to the sales person at GNC the other day and she told me some have sodium which is no good for people with High Blood Pressure so the best is check with the doctor first.

• 2 years later...

I realized my clique of 30-40ish year old male and female colleagues are all popping health supplements. I seem to be "under" consuming and everyone had recommendations.

I am only take Glucosamin from Guardian. Recently saw the Sheep Placenta, Maduka Honey threads here. I wonder what other supplements BW man take and find effective. Price you spend on it.

Do consider incorporating a general multivitamin and fish oil capsules into your diet. If you're concerned about external beauty, maybe you could consider Meiji amino collagen or sheep placenta.

• 2 months later...

IF you eat well....balanced diet. No need any suppliments. However most don't and have bad eating habits.

It's really your choice, There is a huge market out there eyeing your wallet :yuk:

I am most afraid of getting a stroke ..you life can take a complete swing after it happens as i have witnessed it happenig to others.

So make sure you BP is ok.....some exercise n eat in moderation.

Glucosamine if your joints are not too well works for me.

Some fish oil....to keep the arteries more flexible and not harden up and get clogged. My simple cost effective approach so far.

Like my doc would say....you want the end point of your life to be short and not prolonged with illness with medication.

Your Lifestyle your choice ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

im thinking about gaining weight and my friend recommended me the serious mass by ON. however i had search through many website in sg but cant find any supplement website selling it. Do anyone know which website i can get it in sg? thanks....

Guest Guest

Online is cheap but you have get them from trusted retailers. Beware of some online supplements as they can be sub-standard or contains toxic materials! :smokin: Not good for health!

Guest Guest

can try bodybuilding.com. alternatively, there are quite a few local online stores that sell mass gainers too. Just dont buy from GNC unless there is birthday discount. they mark up more than 150% i think.

but does bodybuilding.com ship to sg? dunno how much it cost too...

Guest Guesty

For the threadstarter, I did some research on your behalf.

Bad news first - Singapore-based online retailers such as Nutritionpark and Nutrifirst do not carry "Serious Mass" by Optimum Nutrition.

Good news - bodybuilding.com carries Serious Mass and they do ship this item to Singapore.

To answer your question on shipping, bodybuilding.com does ship most items to Singapore except where they are not allowed to do so, eg. the newly reformulated Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite.

Guest Guesty

I've ordered from bodybuilding.com a few times before. Yes, the shipping cost is heavy due to the weight of the item (this will be a factor for heavy items like whey protein and mass gainers), but I calculated and realised that even after factoring in the shipping cost, the item can usually be about S$10 to S$20+ cheaper than from GNC even at GNC's sale.

Another option may be to sign up with Singpost's Vpost USA service and have your bodybuilding.com product delivered to there. The shipping rate may be more economical.

For mass gainer, you need not necessarily take Optimum Nutrition. You may wish to check out Nutrifirst's in-house brand, it is more economical.

used to buy them online. a few examples are nutrifirst, nutritionpark, nutriforefront etc. go google them up and see which provides the most bang for your buck. if you prefer storefront retailers, im currently buying from holland & barrett. switched from online retailers because h&b is having this 30% supplement discount storewide. stacking it with member discount/vouchers, it becomes pretty cheap and has saved me quite abit of money

Guest Guest

Hey thanks for all of your comments. Actually my friends had been buying his supplement from Malaysia website, it's way cheaper than the ones in the website here. He is working in kl so have no problem, but for me who holding a student pass, I'm afraid I'll get taxed if I just bring the supplement crossing checkpoint. Does anybody know wats the value of goods for a student pass holder to bring across custom and without getting taxed?

• 1 year later...

When do you start taking supplements? I'm thinking of getting some but I'm not sure of what to take either. I just feel very lethargic and im so tired that im lazy to do anything at all.

just heard of a rather cheap supplement site on the radio so I thought of getting some.

When do you start taking supplements? I'm thinking of getting some but I'm not sure of what to take either. I just feel very lethargic and im so tired that im lazy to do anything at all.

just heard of a rather cheap supplement site on the radio so I thought of getting some.

Please do a search for common topic first before starting a new topic as it might had been discussed.

I saw some items in vitacost cheaper than at iherbs. Still, iherbs is better because it provides free shipping to Singapore via singpost for above US$80 purchase whereas vitacost will charge for international shipping. After factoring in shipping cost, iherbs is still better.

BW81, will items ever get lost if via singpost? For a start i am ordering US$20+ where they provide free shippiing within US, and then i tongpang my friend to bring back for me. Can still use your referral code if shipment is within US? I can't chalk up US$80 as i already purchased quite a lot from CVS (tongpang people bring back).

• 3 months later...
Guest CuriousBoy

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone is taking any men's health supplements e.g. tongka ali, maca or catuaba?

Beside the libido boost, are they really effective to boost energy level?

Also read that it is good for burning fats and building lean muscles but possible side effects include increased aggressiveness, insomnia and face blush.

Suitable for mid-20s guys or too early to start? or are they even safe in the first place?

If not safe, any other safe substitutes with similar effects?

Appreciate if anyone with experiences can share? 

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Have been taking supplements as of lately, OMEGA-3, MultiVitamins, Kinohitmitsu. Was wondering your opinions on taking health supplements at a young age? And also, are there any vitamins that can like increase metabolism and burn calories? I would love to incorporate them in my diet as I am exercising more now. Thanks <3

Belated Happy New Year! 

• 11 months later...

surely, This is one of the best supplements for knee joints. This fatty acid is a part of cartilage and other components of the joints. Glucosamine helps rebuild the bones and prevent cartilage wear and tear. It also prevents inflammation of the joints and adjoining muscles.

but you can consider about: Vitamin C is an anti-oxidizing agent that helps protect connective tissues like the ligaments, tendons, and skin, not to mention the bones and joints. Vitamin C helps make collagen which is important for the flexibility of muscles and blood vessels.

• 4 years later...

Anyone taking supplement like Ling Zhi, korean ginseng? Wanted to buy for parents but scared sometimes good things may also be harmful. My aunty took some mlm product and eventually took her life away. 

Birdnest so far is the safest. Any other supplement to recommend for elderly?

8 hours ago, Guest Health said:

Anyone taking supplement like Ling Zhi, korean ginseng? Wanted to buy for parents but scared sometimes good things may also be harmful. My aunty took some mlm product and eventually took her life away. 

A good quality Multivitamin formulated for the elderly is my recommendation.

Guest Understood?
On 1/11/2021 at 7:49 PM, Guest Health said:

What is the one health supplement that you swear by it?

When you are teen, better start taking vit c.  When you head into 20s and consume too much inflammatory fast food, kick in omega 3. In your 30s multi vitamin should be added at this age of slow body metabolism. In your 40s it will be targetted supplement for heart, hair, cholesterol ...etc. in your 50 prostate health supplement, vit k and D supplement, collagen food, guts supplement, ..etc depending on your need and budget .  All this should continue until your doctor say stop if it affect your clinical medications.  They are prevention , not cure.  Hope it helps. As for what best suited you, go iherb to read buyers review and spend more time doing YouTube research. Every body is different so take supplement as added protection and not for miracles. 

15 hours ago, Dreamz80 said:

I started taking Fish Oil and hope is good for my health in the long run. 

Fish oil good for skin, good for brain and heard can increase cum volume (not trolling but of cos its not official). 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Guest Health said:

On 1/12/2021 at 9:35 PM, Dart said:

A good quality Multivitamin formulated for the elderly is my recommendation.

In addition, you can consider Coenzyme q10. An antioxidant, for heart health, energy and skin. A natural occuring substance in human body but depleting with age.

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, whoever002000 said:

anyone taking this also?

https://nanosingaporeshop.com/products/nano-sg-male-max-extreme-tongkat-ali-maca-ginseng-19-all-natural-herbs

share your reviews?

I just started taking. haven't really seen the effects.

I tried SOMETHING LIKE this before. It doesn't work. 

7 hours ago, 30yochinese said:

I tried SOMETHING LIKE this before. It doesn't work. 

Its not once and you healthy. Its consistency taking. So you must have not taken in long run. 

Again, everything in moderation and not over your own tolerance limit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.