Male HQ

Stay Alone - Daily Food

Guest bokay
Anyone staying alone care to share what you have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just asking as some of us here could have "run out of choices" what to eat :rolleyes:

breakfast , bread and coffee . lunch porridge . veg ,tofu. dinner fruits and salad. as i am 60 yr old bo kay lor

Guest hstnasia
Anyone staying alone care to share what you have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just asking as some of us here could have "run out of choices" what to eat :rolleyes:

Just stuff lots of food in the fridge and you'll know what to do. For me usually it'll be ham product with eggs and breads or sometime if I'm in the mood, I will just boil the porridge and the good old Bee Cheng Hiang Ba Kua.

Lunch, usually just simple pasta or fried rice or soupy noodle.

Down to dinner, usually it's either pasta, or some simple salad or fried rice. Or sometime just a fried salmon or at time, just boiling a simple soup like water crest.

And many time, sometime as simple as sandwiches, just heat up the butter and pan fried slice breads and just fried the ham together.. dump in some lettuce, tomato and there I have a nice simple sandwiches. :)

Guest uncle chin

58 yrs old sing chinna, stay alone semi retired

moring - coffee shop : just love fish ball noodles, shrimp noodles, fried mifen/noodle with fried eggs, fish cakes, siew mai

nasi lemak, laksa, wanton noodles, mee robus, mee siam. It's great to be in SG, at my place, there are five coffee shops, one market, 2 hawker centres.

I have lived in other countries, the breakfast cannot beat SG.

Lunch (if at home) rice, vege and one meat or sea-food

dinner usually outside, the variety is superb in SG, but the price is cheaper in Taiwan, Thailand and Malaysia

Can't complaint, was born here and not migrating!!!!

Luv XinJiaBor

Choices of:

Breakfast

Toasted Bread with Butter

Sandwitches: Bread / Ham / Cheese / Eggs

Fried Carrot Cake @ Punggol

Laksa @ S'goon Gdns

Lunch

Grill Fish / Chargrill Chicken @ S'goon Gdns

Chicken Rice

Fishball Noodles

Dinner

Campbell Chunky Soup

Sandwitches: Sardines / Ham / Luncheon Meat / Eggs / Cheese

Long John Silver

Instant Noodles with Mushroom / CP Shrimp Wantons / Prawn or Sotong Balls / Luncheon Meat / Eggs

Meet friends for a buffett at Vienna / Brio / Marche / etc...

Fruits

Agree with hstnasia, stock up your fridge and you will know what to eat....!

Food that I have stuffed my fridge with:

Seawaves Prawn Balls / Sotong Balls

CP Shrimp Wantons

Sunshine Pizza

Chicken Nuggets

Eggs

Luncheon Meat

Cheese

Ham

Fruits

Most of the time, I have brunch instead... of Breakfast and Lunch :rolleyes:

Guest guest
Breakfast

=======

Oatmeal with milk.

Dinner

=====

Grilled steak with assorted vege and mushrooms.

Pasta with meat sauce.

huh? means u skip LUNCH? not stated? think is bad to skip lunch.

Guest Spiritual

For a non-oily, hassle free and cheap wholesome and healthy meal:

Meals 1:

---------

I stocked up hotdogs - can be of different flavour. Simply heat up two "dogs" in boiling water. On your plate, add few slices of juicy cucumbers, and sliced fatty tomatoes (or few pieces of cheery tomatoes). Add two pieces of breads or buns on your plate with cut cheeses, than add baked beans for further variety to your meal. A western food is thus served. (don't forget your ketchup or chilly sauce).

The above can be taken as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Easy to cook and can last a week in your fridge without having to go out frequently.

Meal 2:

-------

Instant noodles:- dried or soup. Simple ingredients: eggs, vegetables (tao Gey, lettuce). bottle of sauce,chillies and fried onion (can easily be bought from supermart). You can also stock up fishcakes, mushrooms, babycorns to add into your instant noodles. Keep it light and not heavy on taste.

Snacks 1:

----------

Japanese salted soya bean in big packets for about $2.50. Can be taken at least 3 servings per person. Cheaper than eating at Saeki Sushi.

Keep frozen in fridge. When you want to eat, simply boil enough portion lightly for 3 minutes before draining off the water and serve dry.

Snack 2:-

---------

Sweet potatoes (recommended Indonesian type), boiled in ginger water with brown sugar and serves. Or you can just steam the potatoes (recommended Australia type) because it is big and softer in texture.

Snack 3:-

---------

Frozen buns, lotus paste, yam paste or chicken meat fillings. Now got sweet corn flavour and peanut flavour. Steam when you feel slightly hungry.

The above do not require much space in your fridge, non-oily, easy to prepare and...feelings to the stomach too. Most importantly, not require too much dish washing. Hope it is helpful.

Guest hassle
Pasta and sandwiches seem to be the top of the list for those of us staying alone. :)

Pasta is nice, but must chop minced meat and put plenty of oils to cook before adding the ready sauce followed by pasta to stir.

me? i'd prolly eat out most of the time :)

but yeah... sandwiches are really tasty and easy to make, and you can do a huge variety of things in-between the breads.

and i'd go easy on dinner...

i'd prolly have a huge grilled steak in the morning too... hahaha... and bread and cereals with grape juice or orange...

den no need to eat lunch and a very light dinner of salads and fruits... and lots of water in between meals.

this thread shud be in the imperial kitchen folder man... *slurp*

Breakfast

-----------

Milk

Cereal (if theres time)

Cigarette

Lunch

------

Office canteen food (typical malay/chinese food) - Working days

Skipped lunch for non-working days (sleeping)

Milk

Fruits

Cigarette

Dinner

-------

Common Cafes / Restaurants outside - Non-Working days

Microwave oven heat up food - Working days

Booze

Fruits

Cigarette

Occasionally - Only if I feel like cooking

--------------

Ham/Bacon/Cheese/Hotdogs/Pasta/Fried Rice/Red&Green Bean Soup/Thousand Island + Assorted light boiled Veges

Anyway, just stock up what you think you like when you visit cold storage/ntuc. From there you have the ingredients, next thing you'll think of is how you're gonna finish them before they go bad which you'll get the idea of what you want to come up with the ingredients. Its the easier way without using thinking process.

Guest hstnasia
Pasta is nice, but must chop minced meat and put plenty of oils to cook before adding the ready sauce followed by pasta to stir.

Oh, I prefer Agilio, not really a fan of cream based or bolognese. And usually, I will just heat the pan with butter first and fried the bacon and ham for a while then I will add the olive oil and garlic with a bit of slice chili then stir fried the Spargetti. :)

I always skip my breakfast, lunch time in office only dinner cooking :whistle:

But If you are retired, you have more time to cook ...

Lunch : Cooking rice, more than one meal so you don't need to cook rice for dinner. You can use that rice to cook fried rice :thumb: for next meal ...

Eating together with rice, you can cook many dishes, at least 2 for each meal :rolleyes:

- Meat : Fried Chicken or Pork or Fish ...

- Sweet and Sour meat

- Vegetable with meat (pork, beef)

If you cook spaghetti, can cook with minced pork or fish ... eat together with salad which is very healthy food.

Remember to use the Olive oil with extra Ve...

Some time can cook poridge, noodle, ... to change the taste ...

I like cooking so even I came home late, 10-11 pm, I still try to cook my meals, it is more healthy than outside food.

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

For a single person, learn to cook 1 dish meals.

The easiest 1 dish meal is stew.

Invest in a good slow cooker (big enough for 1 chicken) and you can cook various types of stews -beef, pork, poultry etc.

Heres what I will normally do:

Prepare all the ingredients the night before.

Throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker before I leave for work.

And a piping hot stew is waiting for you when you are back home in the evening.

Just add seasoning and thats it, so easy.

And stew can be eaten by itself or with bread, rice, noodles or pasta.

And stew can keep.

I'll stew a whole chicken, divide into 2 or 3 portions (depends on my appetite that day), store the other portions in microwaveable tubs and put into freezer for that lazy day.

Stew can be wholesome - meat, veggie, nuts, beans - and so many variations - chinese style, angmo style etc.

Those who wish to have some stew receipe can pm me.

the other one dish meal that can keep is meatsauce as in spheghetti meat sauce...

i just put two large jars of premade pasta sauce and add in 300 g of fresh minced lean beef... and some peppercorns and bay leaves... and cook for 4 minutes in slow putting boil... done...

pasta if use angel hair... cooks in 2 minutes in boiling water with pinch of salt and tablespoon of olive oil...

other pasta a bit longer - up to 12+ minutes... very very simple

for greens, i just eat raw... cucumbers and tomatoes... or brocolli lightly blanched or steamed...

ok... not a 'one dish meal'

:rolleyes:

but the pasta sauce can keep aside

The easiest meal to cook at home when u r alone in few steps (no not instant noddles!):

Wash few potatoes. No need to unskin them.

Stab them with fork all over to make holes.

Brush some extra virgin olive oil on them.

Throw into the microwave for like 7 minutes.

Done. And its tasty too!

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Interesting thread. Well, I am 30 this year, stays alone in AMK. Been on a carbless diet for some weeks now. Cook three meals a day every morning before work. Here are some "food pxxn" I took to show you what is possible over some ingredients in the fridge and an induction cooker. Note: No salt, soya sauce, sugar etc are sacrificed for the production of these food. I used only olive oil. One teaspoon per day, max! :D

3383964044_edc77c7670.jpg

3383598329_095a55d8e3.jpg

3386889960_b5617ffd0c.jpg

3386592014_4aa1641e0b.jpg

3386488693_7be39cac74.jpg

Interesting thread. Well, I am 30 this year, stays alone in AMK.

Wow, that looks tasty! Can i stay with u? Ill wash the dishes! Haha.

Emm, sidenote, is that a dslr camera?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Wow, that looks tasty! Can i stay with u? Ill wash the dishes! Haha.

Emm, sidenote, is that a dslr camera?

Haha... well, let's just say my future partner will be damn lucky to stay with me, but he'll have to do alllll the dishes ;)

Nope, that's just my Digital IXUS. DSLR is a bit too cumbersome for me. I mean, it's so bulky, how to carry it around with me everyday?

A simple pizza.

What you need and what you do:

1) One or two slices of bread (I like the multi-grains ones to give the texture).

2) Cut up one tomato and an onion. Slice up a piece of cheese. Mix all up (to be used as topping).

3) Break some walnut into small pieces...or sunflower seeds.

4) Spread peanut butter onto bread. (optional)

5) Pile the tomato-onion-cheese toppings on the bread. Put walnut or sunflower seed on top.

6) Pop into microwave or griller or turbo boiler.

That should make a complete meal. If want something more elaborated, add chicken, sausages etc etc.

Interesting thread. Well, I am 30 this year, stays alone in AMK. Been on a carbless diet for some weeks now. Cook three meals a day every morning before work. Here are some "food pxxn" I took to show you what is possible over some ingredients in the fridge and an induction cooker. Note: No salt, soya sauce, sugar etc are sacrificed for the production of these food. I used only olive oil. One teaspoon per day, max! :D

Gee, your meals look colourful and interesting (look abit like pinoy food though)

But being on carbless, what do you take for filler?

Dunno how active a person you are, but with only 1 tsp of olive oil, are you having enough "fuel" for the day?

You mentioned something about "future partner", so, ahem, are you single now? ;)

Gee, your meals look colourful and interesting (look abit like pinoy food though)

But being on carbless, what do you take for filler?

Dunno how active a person you are, but with only 1 tsp of olive oil, are you having enough "fuel" for the day?

You mentioned something about "future partner", so, ahem, are you single now? ;)

I find that when my food is colourful, I have more appetite, and that made up for the lack of MSG/salt/sugar taste.

Yup, I am on carbless. Filler? Well, I substitute with more meat and vege. Needed to this now to lose more weight. Will increase meat intake and perhaps some protein supplement when it's time for muscle-building, hehe.

And yes, I am single :whistle:

Here is ingredient for French Salad :

- Salad

- Thailand Honey Tomato

- Thailand Cucumber

- Corn

- Bean sprouts (if you like)

- Onion (if you like)

Handmade dressing (in order) :

- Vinegar

- Sugar

- Salt

- Olive Oil

Enjoy the food ;)

Here is ingredient for French Salad :

- Salad

- Thailand Honey Tomato

- Thailand Cucumber

- Corn

- Bean sprouts (if you like)

- Onion (if you like)

Handmade dressing (in order) :

- Vinegar

- Sugar

- Salt

- Olive Oil

Enjoy the food ;)

Can I know what kind of vinegar are you using??

Can I know what kind of vinegar are you using??

Hi Danny,

I use Vinegar "Heinz" which I bought from Fair Price :rolleyes:

The reason I mention about Thailand Cucumber because it is small type, sticky rice taste, only has @ Fair Price Super Market at weekend :rolleyes: , there is big Chinese one but I don't like ...

The Thailand Honey tomato is small type, reasonable price ;)

Edited by castaway

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't want to spend much money for a dinner but want to eat beef steak with a very fast cook, try my meal :thumb:

You can buy Beef @ Carrefour with less than 10 $.

No olive oil, just put on the pan with small fire, less than 30 mins, put some salt on the top, not so bad .... :whistle:

The salad should be above post, not the cucumber, honey tomato and crackers which I put inside the dish, it does not look as traditional way ... anyway, I am not professional cooker, I often cook whatever I have in fridge ... :rolleyes:

Enjoy my meal ;)

P.S : Beef is very good for SEX :clap:

P1000002.jpg

Edited by castaway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest -summerboi-
So healthy, can one of you conduct such simple meals lesson at your home for small fee? like $5 per person?

I have a place but a little bit small and only available for Saturday lunch. anyone has a bigger place for a sharing session?

beef you can buy from wet market... very cheep... 300g for normal beef is only like $3.00

that is already a big slab of beef...

take it home, rinse and pat dry... marinate with olive oil - 1 tbsp, pepper, (or lemon pepper) herbs, and some wine. can be any red or even vsop, (grape based).

if you want your beef softer, you can pound it with the hammer before marinating, or add meat tendoriser...

let it soak for 20 minutes, and wrap up, marinate and all in aluminium foil.

Put it in a toaster oven for about 10 minutes... the foil will keep in all the juices... you add or minus a minute or two depending on how well you want your steak done. for me, 8-10 minutes depending on mood, and how flat you pounded the meat... taller meats cook 10 minutes else the middle will be rare... which is nice for some days... these days i prefer it pinkish... which is medium-well done...

:)

• 1 month later...

For a single person, learn to cook 1 dish meals.

The easiest 1 dish meal is stew.

Invest in a good slow cooker (big enough for 1 chicken) and you can cook various types of stews -beef, pork, poultry etc.

Heres what I will normally do:

Prepare all the ingredients the night before.

Throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker before I leave for work.

And a piping hot stew is waiting for you when you are back home in the evening.

Just add seasoning and thats it, so easy.

And stew can be eaten by itself or with bread, rice, noodles or pasta.

And stew can keep.

I'll stew a whole chicken, divide into 2 or 3 portions (depends on my appetite that day), store the other portions in microwaveable tubs and put into freezer for that lazy day.

Stew can be wholesome - meat, veggie, nuts, beans - and so many variations - chinese style, angmo style etc.

Those who wish to have some stew receipe can pm me.

is it safe to leave the stew cooker on without anyone at home? Just afraid may catch fire or explode. Is that possible?

is it safe to leave the stew cooker on without anyone at home? Just afraid may catch fire or explode. Is that possible?

as in all things electrical, it must be a well ventilated, safe place to leave the power on. Make sure you keep your electical equipment in good shape and dry and away from water source. and if you must, use an extra plug-in timer to on and off it if whole day is not 'safe' enough for you... you can cook the stew overnight when you are at home... and use the timer to switch on the stew pot an hour before you get home... walla... steaming hot meal when you get back...

also can.

can also use another timer to switch on your rice cooker too... your rice will be extra fluffy becos it soaked in the water the whole day... :)

oh well... the timers may blow up and catch fire too... come to think of it... so will your fridge... or you off the power before you go out for the fridge?

:)

get fire insurance ... and use properly fused plugs to trip the fuse if there's a short circuit... this will prevent most fires from these equipment.

got to have faith somewhere...

For a working person living alone, food isn’t much of a problem as he only has to cater to his breakfasts and making sure he is filled after leaving office.

It is when he stops working, like myself, that it becomes such a bother. I find myself having to leave home everyday just for meals, sometimes more than once. Am totally green when it comes to cooking. Too lazy to market, and to wash after the cooking and eating.

I think it depends on person.

For me, even when I come back home very late @ 10-11 pm, I still prefer cooking my own meals than eating outside. It is more healthy and taste different :rolleyes: ... cooking not more than 30 mins and washing just 5-10 mins only.

Weekend or holidays, if I have more free time, I will cook big meal which can eat for 2 days (safe 1 for next day :thumb: ).

Currently, starting cooking black/green bean soup ... so nice ... by using rice cooker ;) ... but worried of getting fat :(

For me, even when I come back home very late @ 10-11 pm, I still prefer cooking my own meals than eating outside. It is more healthy and taste different

Yeah eating at home is so much better than eating out. Plus you get to control what you add to the dish.

One quick dish I usually make is olio aglio pasta. I stir fry chapped garlic and onions in olive oil and butter for few minutes and follow by slivered carrots. Cook carrots for few minutes till soften and add mushrooms and chopped chilli. Add cooked pasta (usually takes about 10min for linguine in boiling water) and stir fry everything for few more minutes and ready to EAT!

Simple yet satisfying dish! Accompany with your fav wine!

Edited by windanseaguy

Love cooking at home but hate the mess after?

Looking forward to a clean and neat home after a hard day at work?

We offer a wide range of home services that cater to your daily needs in just a call away.

- Cleaning of house

- Laundry & ironing

- Home-cook food for yourself or your love ones

- Food preparation & cooking at chalet

For more enquiries or booking, please contact Andrew at 9011 3220 or email to onehomeserve@gmail.com for a customized rate from only $9.90 onwards (per hour). Thank you and have a nice day!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.