Male HQ

Singapore Local Gay News [LGBT Related News] (Compiled)

GuestWriter

Guest Puzzled
Just wondering if police can arrest the so called Andy and charge him for having sex with men. Since he has confessed it, the police has the evidence. The police can issue an arrest warrant and TNP has to comply by providing information leading to Andy's whereabout. I am not sure about the law here, but just wondering...

If this could lead to his arrest, then why would Andy want to confess to TNP? Could Andy possibly be fake?

wat evidence? so far only got his story mah. can later say all dat made up story wat.

Puzzled

Just wondering if police can arrest the so called Andy and charge him for having sex with men. Since he has confessed it, the police has the evidence. The police can issue an arrest warrant and TNP has to comply by providing information leading to Andy's whereabout. I am not sure about the law here, but just wondering...

If this could lead to his arrest, then why would Andy want to confess to TNP? Could Andy possibly be fake?

Going strictly by the books, the police can arrest "Andy".

However, should "Andy" go back on his words, there's nothing the police can do as the confession would not be admissible in court. :D

So Puzzled is right. :thumb:

If it can be proven that the news article was fiction rather than fact then the editors at TNP ought to resign or better still, sacked. A newspaper's role is to publish news, not fiction, which belongs to the domains of magazines and books. But as we know, there's alot of truth in what was reported in that article. The character "Andy" is probably a fictitious name. Anyone can be Andy, John or Ah Seng. I understand that barebacking is getting rather popular especially among the young, not just at saunas but in private, too. Now, that's playing with fire.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Since no one interested, thought I answer my own question.

So far, this week, NO RAID.

Naked night at OneSeven on Fri night as usual.

The youth night and gym night on TC on Wed and Thurs as usual.

No. of people going dropped because of usual gay paranoia and suspicions.

NO POLICE RAID SO FAR.

Guest Regular

I'm a regular Sat. visitor at TC., reckoned that crowd has been thin recent months during Sat nights , last visit was on 20th May .

Since so much speculation on the impending raids after TNP report, decided to pay a visit to OS on Sat night.

Arrived at 8.50pm, was told it's a underwear night (had not been to OS for 1 year on Sat. Recents 2 visits were in Fridays). stripped to my undergear, headed straight to 2nd fl. There were 8~10 customers on g.fl cafe/TV room.

2nd floor were equally quiet, less thatn 10, instead of crusing, it was more like playing hide & seek.

Dark room were deserted, under the dim light, could see a body lying on his tummy , with exposed bare bum, no taker nor voyeur.

It was a wate of time there, came down to 1st floor, ordered a cup of hot tea and soaked myself in the hydropool, bored, so went try out the steam room, a guy followed ,in, Sat next to me, inched closer, not really my cup of tea, just hand job lor, then this naked fat anymo came in, wank right in front of us.

Took a break, had a shower, changfe back to my undie, went back to 2nd floor, more crowd, may be almost 20, eventually got a gymmer, happy ending in one of the room (ya, almost all rooms were vacent, could pick whichever room you fancy). left at around 11.15, some leaving, some just arrived,

Crowd were thin (not sure how were OS usual Sat crowd), but lives go on, I guess!

life goes on, but do excercise cautions.

if you see the lights switch on, STOP whatever you are doing, even if you are on the verge of cumming.

immediately wrapped your towel and get out of the room.

be cool and corperate with the authority, means if they ask you questions, answer them properly, dont give them an opportunity to book you. (of coz you dont have to be honest to tell them you just F another guy)

they know what you are doing but unless they can catch you red-handed, they cant book you for just being there.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

coming back, i dont know whether sauna has this master switch that once flip will switch on all lights in the joint.

alternatively hold the authority for a while (eg need to verify with boss, look closier at the permits etc) while other staff informing the people inside the joints 1 level at a time.

I know a number of the sauna operators are reading this forum (hey free publicity) maybe they can give assurance to the patrons here.

i mean if there is a emergency plan, we will feel safer.

Last but not least, of coz like TopChn, always always play safe.

Just an update on the sauna scene... OneSeven was CRAZY on nude night on Friday night last week... the crowd was at pre-TNP level.. about 100 over naked horny guys going crazy. Had a nice 3some at the public sling room some more before I went into the room with a very eager btm! :D

I think the saunas are back to normal after the so called "raid" on TC last Monday. Welcum! Welcum! :thumb:

Just an update on the sauna scene... OneSeven was CRAZY on nude night on Friday night last week... the crowd was at pre-TNP level.. about 100 over naked horny guys going crazy. Had a nice 3some at the public sling room some more before I went into the room with a very eager btm! :D

I think the saunas are back to normal after the so called "raid" on TC last Monday. Welcum! Welcum! :thumb:

WOW! Seems like a paradise there....Good, must check it out! :D

Today ST Report on page 3 main paper :

A young doctor was arrested when a stranger he met online invited him to have sex together with a third man. They turned out to be narcotics officers. He was arrested for having a packet of 0.16g of Ice at a Bencoolen Street Hotel on 1 April 2006.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, I totally condemn Substance Abuse in all form, but I dont impose my values on others. However, in the above case, I totally object to the way he was lured and arrested. INJUSTICE !!!

But the question remains, how did he possessed ICE ? Go for the dealer ! Get to the root of the problem.

With the recent TNP Spa Report plus this case, look like the Gay Community is portrayed in the media as one big SEX and DRUGS party. This is not helping the community at all, it doesnt portray us in a positive way to society.

I do not have today's paper. But isn't that an entrapment? Is this 'legal' in Singapore or at least in the eyes of Court?

sigh... he's a doctor, and should have known better than to take drugs. esp during casual hookups lar... tendency of having unsafe sex with taking drugs is greater.

For those who didn’t read the report, I copied from other web for your reading.

------------------

Young gay doctor jailed for possessing Ice

A promising medical career ends on the note of drugs.

27 year old Adrian Yeo was sentenced yesterday to eight months imprisonment for possessing methamphetamine or Ice at a Bencoolen Street hotel room on April 1st, which led to an abrupt end for his promising medical career. Three charges of possessing Ecstacy and ketamine were taken into consideration during his sentencing.

He was entrapped by two undercover anti-narcotic officers who invited him to a threesome.

Yeo's downward spiral was apparently caused by him failing one of his final papers and his start in seeking comfort from Internet chatrooms frequented by gay men.

It was one of these visits to the Internet chatroom that he met with a man named Joe who asked him if he would be keen on three-way sex with him and his friend Jacob. Joe also said he had some drugs and asked Adrian if he had any.

Yeo was arrested at the Bencoolen Street Hotel when Joe and Jacob turned out to be anti-narcotic officers.

The lawyer for the defence, Mr Singh had objected to the manner in which Yeo was lured and arrested, but the judge said there was nothing to suggest that the officers had acted illegally or had gone beyond the boundary of the law.

He could have been jailed for up to 10 years or fined up to $20,000 or sentenced to both a jail term and fine for having drugs.

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

The former CJ Yong had commented that entrapment for gay sex was unfair and should not be allowed. Its funny how this lower court judge will allow this to proceed.

In this case, the poor doctor had actually chatted with the CNB officers online for a week before the officers invited him to a drug 3some. These CNB officers actually plotted and planned to get him, before suggesting meeting. Shows you how disgusting these people will stoop to catch people. :swear:

I do not see this incident as a trap to catch gays but a trap to catch drug abusers.

Consumption of "Ice" to enhance sexual performances in marathon gay sex orgies had been around for a couple of years in the West, especially in the USA. This had led to greater HIV infections because in such marathon orgies, there are very inhibitions and very little protection used. I have read I think from the NY Times that hundreds of people take part in such orgies.

I am seriously concern for our community here. Such orgies, albeit in a much smaller scale do occurs in some of the gay saunas here during some of their theme nights. I sincerely hope there are no drug abuses in such orgies. I believe the govt will close an eye to such orgies in a private club UNLESS drugs are consumed during such events. If the cops are already trolling gay chat rooms to sniff out drug abusers, I would not be surprised if they are inside the saunas too during the theme nights.

If you like going to such "theme" nights, I would strongly advise that you look out if some people who look "spaced out" or "zoned out". Be careful about what you drink. Your dream man may share his drink with you but you do not know what is in the drink. Leave quickly if you are not comfortable.

Please do not play with drugs. As it is, the society here do not look kindly at us and if we also have a drug problem the stigma just becomes worse. The doctor was not arrested because he was gay, he was arrested because he had illegal drugs with him when he went for a sex session.

This case is sensationalistic because the doctor was gay and he was hooking up with some people for a gay sex session. But this was not the reason why he was arrested. The arrest and eventual sentence was for the drugs that he brought with him. So please, stay away from drugs and people who uses such drugs.

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Guest Guest

ST Interactive - June 9, 2006

ENTRAPMENT:

Lawyers say narcotics officers crossed the line in quest to nab offender, but any method of entrapment is legal here

By Stephanie Yap

PASSING time in an Internet chatroom one night, Adrian Yeo met a man called Joe. Over the following few days, Joe was quite persistent, sending him SMS messages asking if he had drugs, and if he wanted to meet up 'to have fun'.

According to Yeo's mitigation plea submitted in court, he refused the first few times. Eventually, the 26-year-old trainee doctor gave in and met Joe, and another man, Jacob, at a Hotel 81, on April Fools Day this year.

When he arrived at the hotel, he got a nasty surprise. Both men turned out to be undercover Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers, who found 0.16g of methamphetamine on him.

Arrested for drug possession, Yeo was sentenced to eight months in jail on Wednesday. The time in prison requires him to break a $400,000 five-year bond with the Government, and casts a shadow on his medical career.

CNB has often been known to employ the same methods it used to catch Yeo.

Said CNB spokesman Amelia Oh: 'CNB is aware that drug offenders use various means to conduct their illegal activities and have come across instances of some of them using the Internet to do so.

'Based on intelligence gathered and feedback received, CNB will monitor channels of information, including chatrooms, to detect and apprehend drug offenders.'

Unlike countries such as the United States and Canada, where evidence gathered through 'excessive' entrapment can be thrown out of court, evidence obtained through any method of entrapment is lawful in Singapore.

Entrapment is often used when the authorities know an individual is committing an offence, but cannot catch him in the act, said retired police detective Lionel de Souza.

'It can be difficult to catch a person red-handed even if you already have information that he is breaking the law.

'In the case of drug possession, you can invite him to meet you and hope he arrives with drugs,' he said.

However, Yeo's lawyer, Mr Kertar Singh, argued that CNB officers overstepped a boundary.

'Yes, the whole exercise is not illegal, but in all fairness what was done by CNB was not appropriate.

'They went into the chatline and lured people in by saying certain things. An innocent, naive person might find himself in this kind of situation, then get caught,' he said.

According to Yeo's mitigation presented in court, he initially refused the undercover officer's requests to meet him. While he admitted to the officer he had drugs, he said they were for his own consumption only.

Yeo finally accepted an invitation to meet Joe and Joe's boyfriend for sex at the Bencoolen Street Hotel 81 on April 1. Joe told Yeo he had some Ecstasy, and asked if Yeo had drugs. Yeo said he would bring some.

While lawyers agree some entrapment is necessary for law enforcement, they say officers should not tempt an otherwise unwilling person to commit a crime.

'I don't think officers should be encouraging people to commit offences. I'm very uncomfortable with that,' said Mr Peter Low, chairman of the Law Society's criminal practice committee.

Mr Subhas Anandan, president of the Association of Criminal Lawyers of Singapore, agreed.

'Of course, a certain degree of entrapment should be allowed, otherwise you can't catch crooks. But they mustn't cross the line.'

CNB did cross the line, in Mr Anandan's opinion, in a 2003 case in which insurance agent Teo Ya Lin was pressed by an undercover CNB officer to obtain an Ecstasy pill for him, promising to buy a big policy from her in return. Teo got him a pill, for which she was sentenced to six years and three months in jail.

'This girl had no intention of selling drugs until she was repeatedly persuaded by the officer. She would not under normal circumstances be a trafficker. The temptation is put forward,' said Mr Anandan.

The veteran defence lawyer, who has personally seen three cases of excessive entrapment in the past year, believes it is a growing problem.

'It has come to a stage where people are talking about it. I can't give figures offhand, but the number is enough to be a little bit scary,' he said.

The Association of Criminal Lawyers plans to put the entrapment issue to the Government in a paper it is preparing, which Mr Anandan estimates will be ready in a month or two.

Mr Low said the Law Society is not currently looking into the issue as it is working on capital punishment reform.

'However, entrapment law reform would be timely,' he said.

Both lawyers point out that entrapment laws were revised in 2001 in Britain, on which Singapore models its legal system.

In an October 2001 landmark case, the House of Lords ruled that it was 'simply not acceptable that the state, through its agents, should lure its citizens into committing acts forbidden by the law and then seek to prosecute them for doing so'.

The case involved Spencer Grant Looseley, who was approached several times by an undercover police officer who tried to get him to sell drugs.

Reform in Singapore may take a while yet, but Mr Anandan suggested in the meantime, judges can indicate in their verdict their dissatisfaction with the current entrapment laws, in the hope of inspiring legislative change.

'Parliament must do something. For the judiciary, their hands are tied as the law is very clear.'

Guest gMoh

... maybe the story or report was uncompleted, the CNB might first get also a tip-off earlier from their informants planted in chatroom or from some one who wanted to fix the young doctor that he also consumed or was interested in drug and having heard it, the CNB started to track him. It's impossible, CNB would track all thousands of chatters in chatrooms daily whether straight, lesbians or gays forums.

.... I don't believe without any tip-off from some one, CNB officer would be able to track everyone in this variety of chat rooms.

What is clear is that CNB was lurking online... and had actually chatted to this guy for a week before they persuaded him to meet the undercover officers for a 3some and bring drugs. This is no spur of the moment operation.. but one that CNB had plotted and planned for a while. <_<

I know the police can be very siao on about making their quotas, but how do you draw the line between maintaining the law and inviting someone to break the law so that you can catch them? :swear:

Would the poor doctor have committed the crime if the police didn't ask him to bring the drugs? Where is the justice in this? :angry:

The drug, the doctor was carrying, is methamphetamine, commonly known as ice in Singapore. In the West, it is known as crystal meth, speed or tina. Apparently they found ecstasy and ketamine on him too.

As a long time reader of the New York Times (on-line edition) I am aware, from reading numerous articles of the NT Times, the extreme dangers crystal meth pose to the health of gay men who are addicted to it. The last few years, the abuse of crystal meth by gay men had led to countless people losing their jobs, their health and sometimes their lives.

I have gone through their archives to list a couple of the more thought provoking articles to share here. The doctor may have been trapped but he is no choir boy. As a medical professional, he definitely knows the dangers crystal meth posed.

Crystal Meth's Role in Immune System

A father writing about his son's addiction to crystal meth

Battling H.I.V. Where Sex Meets Crystal Meth

The following link describes in detail the relationship between gay sex and crystal meth, and the grave dangers it posed.

Crystal methamphetamine and sex - write up from Wikipedia

This is indeed very sad.

I despise drug abuse and I also despise the relentless and "Dirty Harry" ways the police used to nab the doc.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see?" Well, this apply to things that we see our fellow gays are doing that we know are wrong. Just because we are fellow gays then we close one eye to what's happening to other gays?

I am really surprised that there are gays looking for sex parties with drug use in chat rooms. I am sure there are people here who knew about it. Why didn't somebody say something or do something here to warn others before the doc's case? I hope we do not just pretend not to see and take more proactive action, gay or otherwise.

Likewise I despise the relentless and "Dirty Harry" ways the police used to nab the doc. It may be fine for Dirty Harry to disregard the safety of the passerbys to fire at his target but that is fantasy movie where he'll never misss. In real life, we passerbys definitely will not tolerate "bullets" whizzing by us. What happened if we innocent people accidentally encountered such a dirty trick while being playful online and played along just for fun or for whatever unfortunate reasons? Then we buy some drugs just to bring it to the party because those guys are too sexy to refuse?

The optimist may say that the innocent people will never do anything wrong so we need not fear. Let's just say that we are not all saints, even for the non-gays. These stray bullets can hit us too.

But I am very relieved that the local law society came out with no uncertain terms to call this "crossing the line" and unacceptable even with the law on the police's side. It is also refreshing to read the local paper reporting all these unfavorable comments in great details. We used to be afraid to pass negative comments on our sacrosanct local laws because we could be charged with contempt of the court.

Calling the law unjust is like calling justice injustice and that's the worst insult to any law. Yet our learned lawyers refused to throw away their years of education and took proactive action. They refused to pretend not to see.

Be Happy :)

This is indeed very sad.

I despise drug abuse and I also despise the relentless and "Dirty Harry" ways the police used to nab the doc.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see?" Well, this apply to things that we see our fellow gays are doing that we know are wrong. Just because we are fellow gays then we close one eye to what's happening to other gays?

I am really surprised that there are gays looking for sex parties with drug use in chat rooms. I am sure there are people here who knew about it. Why didn't somebody say something or do something here to warn others before the doc's case? I hope we do not just pretend not to see and take more proactive action, gay or otherwise.

Likewise I despise the relentless and "Dirty Harry" ways the police used to nab the doc. It may be fine for Dirty Harry to disregard the safety of the passerbys to fire at his target but that is fantasy movie where he'll never misss. In real life, we passerbys definitely will not tolerate "bullets" whizzing by us. What happened if we innocent people accidentally encountered such a dirty trick while being playful online and played along just for fun or for whatever unfortunate reasons? Then we buy some drugs just to bring it to the party because those guys are too sexy to refuse?

The optimist may say that the innocent people will never do anything wrong so we need not fear. Let's just say that we are not all saints, even for the non-gays. These stray bullets can hit us too.

But I am very relieved that the local law society came out with no uncertain terms to call this "crossing the line" and unacceptable even with the law on the police's side. It is also refreshing to read the local paper reporting all these unfavorable comments in great details. We used to be afraid to pass negative comments on our sacrosanct local laws because we could be charged with contempt of the court.

Calling the law unjust is like calling justice injustice and that's the worst insult to any law. Yet our learned lawyers refused to throw away their years of education and took proactive action. They refused to pretend not to see.

What BlowingWind observed is all too true. We in the PLU community tend to look the other way when we spot something that's obviously not right. We adopt the "bo chup" stance or we tell ourselves "it's not my business".

Well, I believe it is our business to safeguard our small community. Why wait for the Law Society and other civic-minded citizens to speak up for us? Now, with this news report, in addition to the recent one on catching Aids at the sauna, the public perception of our community has probably slid down further. Ignorant people will just surmise that gays are just people with loose morals and are drug takers. But we do know that the majority of us are neither drug abusers or sleep around with wild abandon.

So, if we all keep quiet when we see drug offences being perpetuated we are actually reinforcing the negative views. Occasionally, when I do go into a chat room I will see messages from people either openly asking for &lt;&lt;No Drugs Posting&gt;&gt; or offering to sell steroids for body building. Ask any doctor and you will hear that steroids abuse is very harmful for one's body in the long term.

We must guard against all forms of extremism with regards to free speech on the net. Yet, I think the regulators and controllers of these chat rooms should exercise some form of policing to weed out the drug dealers and to warn those who are seeking &lt;&lt;No Drugs Posting&gt;&gt;. It really does none of us any good if the authorities start blocking such chat rooms and other web avenues of communication for us. Or, worse, shutting down the saunas. Over the years, we have made good progress and it would be a great pity if we should slide back into the "dark ages".

So may I suggest that as a first line of defence we should communicate our displeasure to the offenders. And if enough of us do it, perhaps these people will get the message and leave. If that fails, then I think we should alert the administrators so that they can do their second line of defence.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

Guest Guest

On the bright side. The doc's family is strongly behind him and came to term with his "likings". MOH is also looking into the 400K bond with the family. there is still warmth out there :clap: :clap:

Frankly, I am not surprised. Drug usage by PLUs have been more rampant for the last few years. It is an ever growing trend here and in Asia with countries like Bangkok, Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan, just to name a few. It has been heavily reported in their respective countries. The reasons why Sg Gov banned Fridae's Nation party is partly due to the drugs too.

Anyway, coming back, what do you expect us to do? Report to the police that we know that there are PLUs using drugs during the events and there are many chem users on IRC looking for same?

We are taught from young that drug abuse is a punishable crime. If they use it, they are bound to be caught one day. I think it is up to individual to see for themselves what route they want to take. If they break the law that is the price they have to pay.

I empathise with the young doc, and despise the way he was entrapped, but then, for whatever reasons which lead him to use drugs, he is after all, a user to begin with, so he is now paying the price for his folly. Luckily, he is young, and he still have lots of future ahead of him, maybe not in Sg but certainly his life is not all lost.

Drugs are No No.

What I do not like is the press's way of reporting the news.

They could say he was caught in a drug raid but they have to bring in the doctor's sexuality.

There is an article in the forum of ST today. From the way its written, the writer seemed to be condemning the doctor for being gay and for engaging in sex with strangers he met on the net.

Can we draw sexuality and drug consumption/possession aside?

I don't like the way media is always trying to implicate gays with - promiscuity, wild sex parties and now drugs.

Why don't they go report on straight married men patronizing brothels - about infidelity and about them spreading VD to their wives etc?

Being gay is no crime.

Guest Sauna Goer
Anyway, coming back, what do you expect us to do?  Report to the police that we know that there are PLUs using drugs during the events and there are many chem users on IRC looking for same? 

For a start, we could boycott those gay friendly businesses that close an eye to drug abuse at their premises. Know of any sauna that allow patrons to use drugs at their premises? I remember seeing 1-7 has an advertisement for RUSH Poppers on one of the notice board. I believe 1-7 is selling RUSH Poppers to patrons. Isn't using RUSH Poppers a form of chemical abuse. It contains fast acting drugs like amyl nitrate, isobutyl nitrate, butyl nitrate and butyl chloride which can damage the heart, kidneys and liver. It will eventually compromise the immune system of the users.

Guest Guest_guest

there is a resurgence in homophobia. suspect there is a hidden agenda too as they seem out to get the gay drug syndicate. don't meet strangers in budget hotels . stay away from drugs.

read what the str8 communities are commenting on this case...

surprisingly they are against the entrapment policy by CNB, usually they tend to be G bashing.

point to note that their language can be extreme.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/messag...d&msg=107909.21

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/messag...od&msg=107938.1

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/messag...d&msg=107771.21

a very balanced view from the str8 forum...

To: ALL 1 of 36

If society was less scathing of gays... who knows perhaps Adrain Yeo would not have had to be a closet gay to his parents and colleagues. He could have been a happier person and perhaps contibute more to others in his work and career.

The problem was he had something to hide- his orientation. That coupled with a series of disappointments - bad results in last paper , failed relationship..made him a easier target for drugs- perhaps ? and a n easier target for the CNB's lure!

If he need not have to cover up his orientation if he could be open about it then perhaps he could also be more open also about his failed relationship and then perhaps he could have had help and support from friends , peers colleagues and family and perhaps (only perhaps) he would not have turned to the stupid chat line and be lured by drugs as well as the CNB. Depress and lonely people often turn to chat -lines. people who need to masquerade or hide their real persona also turn to chat -lines!

What were Yeo's mistakes?

Yeo's principal mistake was his weakness. His weakness in being unable to fight the social prejudice of being gay. the weakness of not being able to come up front with family friends peers and colleagues. .\ That weakness in a way spiralled into a worse form of weakness - escapism- into the world of drugs and wild sex. What a costly price to pay for weakness!

Perhaps he always liked wild sex - and so does many other people I am sure doctors, lawyers, engineers teachers etc.- But as a doctor - .drug abuse is an absolute no no. and even in his weakness he should have realised that he was taking a hell of a risk with his career and livelihood. In that sense this chap is really very weak., unfortunately.

NOW CNB officers can pat themselves on the back? I doubt Those psuedo paragon of virtues may in real life not be half as bright a chappie as the doctor , not half as filfial , and not half as nice a person.

BUT then again they are just doing their job and earning a living too. . And clearly they must have trailed the young doctor and knew he indulged in drugs. If indeed ithe doctor was just a merely random pick from the chat line - then he must really be a damned unlucky fella!

Now is there a chance for rehabilitation for this young doctor so tha this life does not go to waste?

You can't change him from being gay, but society can still allow him to be a wonderful doctor. Will our authorities allow him that chance? Every one trained to be a doctor cost the taxpayers of Spore.

Will the authority perhaps allow him to continue his housemanship on a condition say he works with the government service for the next 15 years caring for say the aged and sick or say maybe AIDs patients( since few doctors like to do this anyway) Give the guy a chance and give others who need him ( like Aid 's victims) a chance too?

Not allowing him to be registered if he has been rehabilitated from drugs is not giving him a second chance at life- what yellow ribbon nonsense have we been spouting hah????

Or are we castigating him and NOT giving him that second chance even if he is rehabilitated from drugs in 8 months because he is gay?

If so, the SMC better stop bury their heads in the sand and look around themselves - so may gay doctors and specialists in the hospitals and health services and in civil and government service!

If it is entrapment, it can be anything. this time CNB lured you into getting involed with drugs. next time uncle sam might tempt u into gay sex.

nevertheless, after reading today's paper, it was heartwarming that the family stoodby him despite all the controversies and pain that they are going through right now.

May there be strength for the family at this difficult moment. and how can we as PLUs help?

Yes, his family is supportive and my heart goes out to him and his family members.

Last sat 'TODAY' reported that his family is planning to sell their HDB flat inorder to pay back his bond of $400,000 to Sg govt. I can imagine how much his parents need to go through, not only seeing their once career-promising son going to jail for 8 months, but to cough out huge sum of $$. Added on these, they also need to face their relatives' and friends' gossips.

Avoid drugs should i emphasized, especially those offers who sound too real to believe in the chatrooms these days. Be smart, avoid these invitations and play smart. :o:ph34r:

a very balanced view from the str8 forum...

To: ALL 1 of 36

If society was less scathing of gays... who knows perhaps Adrain Yeo would not have had to be a closet gay to his parents and colleagues. He could have been a happier person and perhaps contibute more to others in his work and career.

The problem was he had something to hide- his orientation. That coupled with a series of disappointments - bad results in last paper , failed relationship..made him a easier target for drugs- perhaps ? and a n easier target for the CNB's lure!

If he need not have to cover up his orientation if he could be open about it then perhaps he could also be more open also about his failed relationship and then perhaps he could have had help and support from friends , peers colleagues and family and perhaps (only perhaps) he would not have turned to the stupid chat line and be lured by drugs as well as the CNB. Depress and lonely people often turn to chat -lines. people who need to masquerade or hide their real persona also turn to chat -lines!

What were Yeo's mistakes?

Yeo's principal mistake was his weakness. His weakness in being unable to fight the social prejudice of being gay. the weakness of not being able to come up front with family friends peers and colleagues. .\ That weakness in a way spiralled into a worse form of weakness - escapism- into the world of drugs and wild sex. What a costly price to pay for weakness!

Perhaps he always liked wild sex - and so does many other people I am sure doctors, lawyers, engineers teachers etc.- But as a doctor - .drug abuse is an absolute no no. and even in his weakness he should have realised that he was taking a hell of a risk with his career and livelihood. In that sense this chap is really very weak., unfortunately.

NOW CNB officers can pat themselves on the back? I doubt Those psuedo paragon of virtues may in real life not be half as bright a chappie as the doctor , not half as filfial , and not half as nice a person.

BUT then again they are just doing their job and earning a living too. . And clearly they must have trailed the young doctor and knew he indulged in drugs. If indeed ithe doctor was just a merely random pick from the chat line - then he must really be a damned unlucky fella!

Now is there a chance for rehabilitation for this young doctor so tha this life does not go to waste?

You can't change him from being gay, but society can still allow him to be a wonderful doctor. Will our authorities allow him that chance? Every one trained to be a doctor cost the taxpayers of Spore.

Will the authority perhaps allow him to continue his housemanship on a condition say he works with the government service for the next 15 years caring for say the aged and sick or say maybe AIDs patients( since few doctors like to do this anyway) Give the guy a chance and give others who need him ( like Aid 's victims) a chance too?

Not allowing him to be registered if he has been rehabilitated from drugs is not giving him a second chance at life- what yellow ribbon nonsense have we been spouting hah????

Or are we castigating him and NOT giving him that second chance even if he is rehabilitated from drugs in 8 months because he is gay?

If so, the SMC better stop bury their heads in the sand and look around themselves - so may gay doctors and specialists in the hospitals and health services and in civil and government service!

Hmmm......

I don't think the govt will allow him to be a doctor since he was caught having drugs. A doctor's character is very important especially when lives are in his hands.

If he is someone who take drugs, its difficult to guarantee that he will not misuse the drugs he has as a doctor to do other thing. For the safety of all, he should not be allowed to continue his practice.

Yellow ribbon means to give him a second chance in life. Does not mean that he needs to be a doctor. He can go into other profession. If an accountant is being caught for embezzlement of funds, I dun think he can still be trusted to handle money again.

Too bad for him lor. That's why in life, everything you do is very important. One wrong move will change your whole life.

- we interupt the usual tranmission with some of Oralb's preaching -

what's done is done, even if CNB admitted that entrappment is wrong, the harm and shame to the young Doc will be forever there, in a way, his life in SG is completely ruin... not to mention his family

this should serve as a warning to all out there, NO DRUGS, period.

if you need poppers to relax, then you shouldnt do anal

if you need whatever ice or es tacy to get high, you shouldnt even do sex

if you have drugs now (for whatever reasons), do yourself (and your family) a favor, throw them away

if that guy you met on the chatline/ phone/ street told you no drug no sex, give him the middle finger, ask him to FO, better yet, tell him you will call the cops

if you see drugs abuse in the sauna, get out immediately and tell the sauna operator before you leave

it is a different ball game when it comes to drugs, no one will pity you

drugs kill

if all these didnt convince you, get a copy of the newspaper, read that article again, pictured yourself instead of the doc on the front page, ask yourself, is it worth it?

- back to normal transmission -

From what I read and understood, the victim did not indulge in drugs.

Where did you read this Bro? I did not read this before and I had been following this incident very closely since it was reported.

The doctor brought three drugs - crystal meth (Ice), ecstasy and ketamine with him to the threesome sex party. Really, if he had never dabbled with such party drugs before, he would never had known how to get them, especially in such a strict place like Singapore.

In an earlier post, I had mentioned the dangers crystal meth posed to the gay population who abuse it. We all know what ectasy can do. What about ketamine? How many of us here knows what is ketamine and what it can do?

Nowadays, ketamine is primarily used in veterinary medicine for its anaesthetic and analgesic effects on cats, dogs, rabbits, rats, and other small animals. Veterinarians often use ketamine with sedative drugs to produce balanced anaesthesia and analgesia, and as a constant rate infusion to help prevent pain wind-up. Ketamine is used to manage pain among horses and other large animals, though it has less effect on bovines.

People had been using ketamine as a recreational drug drug for quite sometime now. Ketamine produces effects similar to PCP and DXM. Like other dissociative anesthetics in low- to upper-middle dosages, its hallucinogenic effects are only seen against a background lacking sensory stimulation, such as darkness. Users tout its trip is as good or better than that of PCP or LSD because its overt hallucinatory effects are short-acting, lasting an hour or less in most cases. Effects on the senses, judgment, and coordination, however, can last for 18 to 24 hours. Standing up and moving may be more dangerous than lying still in one place.

Bottom line : Party animals (pun intended) in the west had been using ketamine, a drug primarily for use for animals, to get a special hallucinatory high during "Rave" parties and sex orgies.

Lets be logical here. You chat with a stranger in chat room and he invites you for a threesome. You had never met him brfore. He insisted you bring three kind of illegal party drugs to the session. And what do we do? Come on Bros. If we are not already in the "scene", all kind of warnings bells will be going off in our head. The doctor had known what drugs these are and where to get them. He probably had used them before and worst might had some of them in hand. He is no choirboy and lets not gives excuses for his offence.

The issue of entrapment, I believe, is confusing to some people, especially gays.

Couple of years ago, the police used this tactic to catch gay people. They would posed as gays in places like the gay beach at Fort Road. They would act suggestively like they are interested to have a fling. When gays approached and touch them, they would be arrested and later charged for molestation. This form of entrapment was ruled illegal by the former Chief Justice later and such entrapments by the police discontinued.

I am personally extremely opposed to such entrapments too. It was specifically targetted at gays and gays only. I used to tell my straight friends if the police were to use pretty females to go to pubs and behave suggestively to males, they would have a lot of straight males to arrest for molesting these females.

Having said that, I have no problem when police used such entrapment tactics to catch people like drugs dealers, drug abusers and especially pedophiles.

In the West, especially the USA, police often posed as young girls and sometimes, young boys in internet chat rooms to catch pedophiles. Just last year, a Singapore teacher was arrested in Bangkok trying to procure young boys in the internet for sex.

The police here and elsewhere uses a range of entrapment tactics to catch the bad guys. Drugs dealers, guns smugglers, terrorists, pedophiles and even people who are in the market to find contract killers to kill their spouse. No kidding.

Many of us see this doctor incident as a gay issue. It is not. It is a drug issue that involves illegal party drugs with gay sex connotations, that if not controlled would turn a lot of our young gay brothers into sex-crazed drug addicts.

Some may disagree but using such drugs to get a special unique high while having sex is not cool and does not makes you special and unique. It makes you a drug head and it will cause you your life if you are not careful. And also the unimagineable anguish it will cause to your family and love ones.

Please think and do the right thing if you encounter such offers of "chemical" fun in the chat rooms or anywhere else. You will surely be doing yourself and your love ones a favour.

Bro Bodyholic, you are seriously misconstrued.

You cannot take something the family did not know and used that as a basis for your "understanding" that the doctor did not indulge in drugs. They did not know he was a homosexual so why don't you say he never had homosex before as well.

Of course the poor parents did not know but one cannot used their ignorance to form a flawed basis for a serious discussion.

The doctor not being a drug abuser was never a matter the defence brought up in court. Once caught, the doctor probably spilled his guts out while being interrogated. Remember he pleaded guilty and there was no trial. If there is a trial, all his previous "activities" and where and when he obtained the drugs would have been revealed.

We are talking serious party drugs here. Let me say this, no ignorant first timer will know where to get these drugs in Singapore. Hell, they will not even know what crystal meth and ketamine are and how it look like and what it can do to your body, let alone try and find them in such a strict place like Singapore!

Come on, you guys believe, a stranger in a chat room ask the doc to get these stuff, and he goondu goondu not knowing anything go and get them? For goodness sake he is a damn doctor!! He surely knows what these drugs can do. And yet he showed up with three different drugs for the sex session!

And btw, I deleted your religious reference at the end of your post. This discussion do not involve religion. Appreciate you stick to the issues.

personally i think it is pointless to debate whether the doc indulge in drugs. what we are trying to stress here is NO DRUGS.

yes in SG, homo sex is illegal, however to a certain extent, this ruling has been in the grey area, meaning that the authority close 1 eyes, as long they didnt see, they will pretend that nothing happen.

this is NOT the case when drugs is involved. they will come down on you so hard that you wont even have time to scream.

this case was sensationlised due to the gay content and it reinforces the public opinion of promiscuous nature of gay sex (3some orgy arranged via chat line), added in the ethical issue of entrappment, the whole reason of the doc's arrested was diluted.

he was arrested NOT coz he is gay (he was never charged on that) he was arrested for possession of drugs (3 different kinds).

maybe we sound like broken records harping on the "no drugs" message, but if that can save your life, we will continue to do so.

Agreed with you, any person whatever position he is, once he involved in drug, the law would never give him a second chance and this action can not be tolerated.

Based on ‘Straits Times’ report on Sun 11 June 06, the doctor was a habitual user of drugs, see below ....

-------------

June 11, 2006 (The Straits Times)

JUNIOR DOCTOR CAUGHT WITH DRUGS

Family did not know he's gay or that he took drugs

They vow to stand by him and are selling exec flat to pay off his medical school debts

By Jeremy Au Yong

THE arrest and subsequent conviction on Wednesday of junior doctor Adrian Yeo for drug possession has left his family reeling from shock.

They did not know he was a habitual user of drugs. Nor did they realise he was gay.

Now, the eldest son of a taxi driver and a housewife is in jail for eight months. He fell into the trap narcotics officers set for him when he turned up at a Bencoolen Street hotel for threesome sex with an assortment of synthetic drugs on him.

His father, Mr E.K. Yeo, 57, said: 'It's like someone dropped a bomb. The first time we visited him after he was arrested, he cried and said sorry and we just cried and cried. Everyone was so traumatised.'

He has been so distracted by his son's arrest that he had four near accidents in a week. He stopped driving for a month.

Shocked and distressed he might be, but he was not about to forsake his son.

The family is in the midst of selling their HDB executive apartment in Tampines to pay off the debts incurred while his son, 27, was going through medical school.

There is the $400,000 five-year bond with the Health Ministry as well as a $66,000 bank study loan Yeo took to pay his way through the National University of Singapore.

'We will just try and do everything we can. The rest we leave it up to God,' said Mr Yeo.

The Yeos, who have a younger son, 24, studying in a polytechnic, reckons they can get $370,000 for their flat.

The family is also appealing to the prison authorities to let him serve his time at home under the home detention scheme for offenders of less serious crimes.

They are also hoping to secure his future as a doctor on his release by appealing to the Singapore Medical Council (SMC), the Health Ministry and their Member of Parliament to let him continue his medical training.

After graduating last year, Yeo was posted as a houseman first to the National University Hospital and then to Tan Tock Seng Hospital this March.

As his employer National Healthcare Group has terminated his contract, the SMC told The Sunday Times that Yeo would have to find a new employer willing to let him complete his housemanship. Only after he completes his year-long housemanship can he go on to register with the council to practise medicine. Whether his application would be approved is a big question.

Doctors interviewed said the drug conviction would stick out as a defect in character under the Medical Registration Act.

Consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist in private practice, Dr Lee Keen Whye, said: 'I believe the council would view this very seriously, as the public has very high expectations of doctors. When a doctor, who handles drugs and medication as part of his job, abuses drugs, it just doesn't look right.'.

But Yeo could still do administrative work in nursing homes or work as a researcher in pharmaceutical companies, doctors said.

That though, would mean the end of a childhood dream. The elder Yeo said: 'Since he was Secondary 3, he has been talking about being a doctor and helping people.'

He described his son as 'very filial'.

'When he got his first pay as a houseman, he came back and he gave his mother $500, he gave his brother and grandfather $100 each and he paid when we went out to eat.'

A female colleague, 26, described Yeo as a 'favourite among the nurses'.

'Normally when a patient complains about abdominal pain, a doctor will ask the nurse to check it out first. Adrian would go himself.'

His lawyer, Mr Kertar Singh, said it was as if Yeo led a double life: 'He showed one side to his family and friends, and then a different side to others.'

The facade was shattered after he failed one of his medical test papers in March. A break-up with a partner was said to have pushed him to breaking point.

That was when he started seeking solace in Internet chatrooms, he told his father while he was in remand.

The elder Yeo said: 'He was devastated. He initially thought he had passed. He even went on holiday after the exams with a friend.'

It did not help that his mother was encouraging him to get married and to have children.

A male friend who knew of Yeo's sexual orientation said that Yeo was so desperate to gain entry to the sex session that he went to different dealers trying to obtain the drug that the undercover narcotics officer had asked him to get.

Added the 28-year-old who works in advertising: 'When I visited him in prison, his main worry was not himself and his punishment but rather the financial burden and shame he had left the family with.'

Asked about this, Mr Yeo replied: 'Everyone make mistakes. We are not ashamed of him and he knows we are there to support him.

'He is a good son and whatever happens, we know he will take care of us.'

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Let me side track abit....hmm...recreational drugs are a big no no. There are many other drugs available and many guys are taking them for various reasons. Say Steriods, they have been injecting them so that they could get bigger and more attractive...So is our govt putting any effort to stop these drugs too ?

Just curious. Heard that there is no action taken and steriods can be easily available in the black market. True ?

Consequences_of_steriod_use.

extract from the article:

"Nearly all of the anabolic steriods taken by mouth cause abnormal liver function. These abnormalities range from the common, but usually harmless, leakage of enzymes from the damaged liver tissue into the blood to rare, but very serious, liver cancer and liver bleeding."

"Many male athletes who take large doses of anabolic steriods have shrunken testicles. They also have such poor sperm production that virtually all of them who have used steriods for six months or more are sterile. Sperm count may not return to normal for seven months or more after discontinuing use."

it's your life, live it or waste it.

Let me side track abit....hmm...recreational drugs are a big no no. There are many other drugs available and many guys are taking them for various reasons. Say Steriods, they have been injecting them so that they could get bigger and more attractive...So is our govt putting any effort to stop these drugs too ?

Just curious. Heard that there is no action taken and steriods can be easily available in the black market. True ?

Where have you heard that the govt is not taking action against recreational steroid use? Any proof?

This is a serious discussion. Don't come here and spew your nonsense if you have no proof. You were the one who said previously in another thread that there is absolutely no harm in consuming viagra. Other people here had disputed your nonsense remark by posting links to show that there are in fact side effects and even deaths for some who consume viagra.

We are talking about preventing illegal drug use so don't go and side track about other things. If you have knowledge about other illegal drugs that are abuse by the gay polulation then by all means bring it up here with details. Or else don't come here and spin your nonsense.

You have been warned.

Dear All,

It's all about 绳之以法, esp dealing with drugs here in SG. There's no compromise,

Simple as that.

To me, it means Game Over for someone who chosed to play the game called "Catch Me If You Can". Many PLUs I know still have this kind of mentality. e.g. some who perform extensive act in the Public places.

I don't think for this Doctor case, its targetted at PLU.

To be frank, how many of us know what else did the Anti-vice do to the straight people, maybe worse than we can imagine.

Sometimes, stupidity can ruin one's life. So, PLUers, be alert and play smart.

What about 'Sabotage'??? Where they get the lead?

Cheers.

Warmth Regards,

Hary

May there be strength for the family at this difficult moment. and how can we as PLUs help?

What ....? What can PLUs help in this situation? Nothing we PLUs can help once the guy was involved in drug, you might visit him in his prison and cry together over his shoulder then .... sob sob sob ......

Based on the report, CNB was not that stupid, they had been given tip-off by some one and therefore the Authority had been following him and trapped ‘him’.

Without any clue, no one in CNB would ever smell this case ...... his action has ruined his 'future' as he would never be able to be registered as the General Practitioner and maybe the next case, he might molest any male patients too .... oh oh oh ...

• G_M changed the title to Man jailed 5 months for molesting male stranger in Causeway Point mall toilet
  • FunLoving changed the title to Singaporean taxi driver molest 14yo male passenger!!
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.