Male HQ

Keybox Sauna @ Upp Circular Rd (No Ads or Bitch fight)

Lungker

we would like especially to attract the young crowd. So we have planned an attractive package for people of 18-25 years.

mean that Keybox is no different from rest of the sauna, either free entry for youngster during certain day or very " cheap " entrance fees etc.

now just see what's SPECIAL THEMES keybox will be having, their Regular Entry rate, if membership card needed how much will Patrons need to pay.

keybox don't have steam room?

i thought keybox will be a new sauna more to mature crowd but as a result another Absolute, is it young crowd market is much more bigger compare to mature one?

which month will be opening?

Edited by snowball

@keybox

Lungkar mention there is a sauna. I surpose it is the hot dry sauna.

What about steam room and jaccuzi ?

What is the entry price ?

Do you sell 6 visit passes ? What's the price ?

What theme keybox will be organising ? Nude ? Foam party ? Executive nite ? Chub and chaser ? Muscle ? Dog tag nite ? Swimwear ? Young gun nite ? Bear ? Leather ? S&M ? Big cock nite ? Nude disco dancefloor nite ?

Does Keybox give discount or additional free passes for good looking muscular customers ?

How are you going to attract the crowd then ? Certain sauna does gives special for good looking customer to retain them.

Any free drinks ?

At the moment , Absolute is the leading sauna and followed by 17.

How KeyBox is gonna position itself in the already competitive saturated market ?

Absolute has an edge as it is located near most of the gay pub at tanjong pagar. So clubber go absolute first and later in the nite goes clubbing. After clubbing , they go back to absolute.

How are you going to compete in this area where Keybox is situated away from the club.

What is the member joining fee ? Any PC for Internet access ? Water cooler ? Hair dryer ? Endless supply of towel ? Any gym facilities ? What's your website address ? Any massuer providing extra service ?

One thing all sauna lack now is to provide a soothing environment for relaxing besides sex. The old Rairua is one sauna that none existing sauna can provide. Too bad it is closed. Interior furnishing is important. Does Keybox has a relaxing balinese interior design ?

=================

The above 2 post have been merged.

Gachi

Edited by gachi_muchi

Guest Kelly

What another sauna... and its location nearer to Lavender MRT ...

This is my opinion...

I think the owner should try not to market it for the younger gay population.. how about making it a place for the 30-something ..

The location isnt all that great.... and please, $15 is the max I would want to pay for saunas nowadays... as most of the gyms

have jacuzzi and steam rooms etc...

A new gay sauna by the name of Keybox will be opening soon. It is located at North Bridge Road, near the Lavender MRT station.

I was asked by the owners to take a look at the place last Saturday.

This place is located on the ground floor of two shop units along North Bridge Road. It is conveniently located with easy access by MRT or bus. Drivers can also parked their cars nearby at Aliwal Street.

Everything is brand new. They have a large locker area, ample seating in the resting room, a sauna, two or three general play areas and 13 private cubicles. I saw lubes in all the rooms and I understand condoms are free.

Opening hours are supposedly from 1 pm to 7 am the next morning.

Point to note: They are not related to Diamond whatsoever.

I have asked them to register a nick here so they can eventually answer any queries readers may have here.

Please post all related matters pertaining to Keybox Sauna in this thread.

Cheers and have fun. Safely of course.

I understand from the staff of New Diamond that they will be moving to Keybox. In this case. how come u said no relations to New Diamond ?

What will happen to the membership in New Diamond ? Can it be transferred there ?

I understand from the staff of New Diamond that they will be moving to Keybox. In this case. how come u said no relations to New Diamond ?

What will happen to the membership in New Diamond ? Can it be transferred there ?

This is what the management of Keybox had told me.

Now why don't you be a sweetie and call Keybox yourself. Their phone number is listed in their website which they had listed earlier.

Anyway from their website, they are supposed to open tomorrow wednesday 15th June. Memebership will be given free on that day.

Lungker's comment: Ooops..it should be 15th July. I am growing old. :oops:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Guest Zoosk
Anyway from their website, they are supposed to open tomorrow wednesday 15th June. Memebership will be given free on that day.

U mean Jul 15 ha?

The web really not showing anythings at all all wording, how can this attract the target customers.

Over one "hundred lockers

Cosy air-conditioned Café

TV lounge

Resting room

Private cabins

Steam room

Smoking area

--- just another place, nothings special all have same facilities ma

Someone quite a price .... located almost near Blue Heaven ....... same pricing $ 18 but now BH (after cancelling membership requirement - changed name from Fabolous BH and eat up all those signed as member) giving free entry all days all time for the so call "young"

wondering how this keybox will compete and market itself.

SG too crowded with this kind of Sauna already ......

Guest Guest
U mean Jul 15 ha?

The web really not showing anythings at all all wording, how can this attract the target customers.

Over one "hundred lockers

Cosy air-conditioned Café

TV lounge

Resting room

Private cabins

Steam room

Smoking area

--- just another place, nothings special all have same facilities ma

Someone quite a price .... located almost near Blue Heaven ....... same pricing $ 18 but now BH (after cancelling membership requirement - changed name from Fabolous BH and eat up all those signed as member) giving free entry all days all time for the so call "young"

wondering how this keybox will compete and market itself.

SG too crowded with this kind of Sauna already ......

True was hoping to see a Japanese style sauna since they are local on the ground floor but too bad.........

Guest george
True was hoping to see a Japanese style sauna since they are local on the ground floor but too bad.........

since they are formerly new diamond which attract mainly older chubs and uncles, i guess their main base will be the former chub mature crowd. perhaps now they are targeting the young chub crowd. looks more like they are competiting with shogun n ten men. and maybe BH for that area

keybox do u have CCTV in your locker area?

Guest George's Teacher

George as usual is a stupid boy who cannot understand English.

Now this is what I understand when I called them earlier today to inquire whether they are linked to Diamond.

The empathic answer from them is Keybox has absolutely nothing to do with Diamond. The management are different. The staff are different. Their concept is different.

Some people here are just shit stirrers.

Readers please exercise your brain and call Keybox itself to clear up any doubts created by these trouble makers.

Thanks, George's Teacher, for the clarification. We have little to add, except to come and see for yourself.

Follow us: @clubkeybox

Facebook: Facebook Group

Any post trying to maliciously link Diamond to Keybox will be removed immediately since Keybox's management had stated clearly they have nothing to do with Diamond.

Do not listen to what people with suspicious intent are saying. Call Keybox directly to confirm.

Cheers.

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Plus points:

1) All the rooms seem to have condoms and lube

2) The steamroom is really hot

3) There are 6 shower heads [rainforest type], 2 toilets with seats, 1 squat toilet

4) It's open until the next morning 7.30am.

Room for Improvement:

1) Should have heavily advertised not only in bw, but also fridae, trevvy, irc, the gay pubs/clubs to drum up awareness and curiosity. For an opening with free membership some more, the crowd's pretty thin.

2) Should give 2 towels instead of one

3) Should hand out lockers from the 2 or 3 level first because it's easier to access. The lockers should be handed out such that there should be one locker in between the previous and the next customer so that they don't have to squeeze right beside each other or wait to access their lockers.

4) If filling in of IC on the membership form is not necessary, take out that box. Or at least inform customers to write just a few numbers would do.

5) Pricing is a bit on the steep side with 18 for the 4-10pm entry.

Other points to consider:

How you attract customers can be based on product, location and price. Product wise, you don't have the hot/cold pools, you do have a steamroom which some others have as well so it's not really unique. Location wise, others are near mrt station, yours is in between mrt stations. Although you have overnight features, it's not near the gay club/pub scene. Which brings us to price, with no unique product features, a somewhat not so easily accessed place, a low price would be a better bet to draw in the crowd. Although you did say that your target crowd is the younger set, it might be better to get the Diamnond crowd since Diamond is closing down and their customers are used to going to that area.

I do wish you all the best.

Keybox is located just along North Bridge Road about a lane next to Jalan Sultan Road. The building is a pre-war conservation building painted in white. There are many big sign boards with the word "SPA". Keybox occupied the ground floor while the str8 spa occupied the top floor.

Entrance:

Frosted glass door with embossed signage of "Keybox" greets you at the entrance. Upon entering, a reception counter on your right. After paying the entry fee (depending on the time), you will be asked to fill in some personal particulars. A membership card will be issued as well as a drink coupon. After the registration, another electronic door opens into the premise. A little right and left turn opens up to a long corridor with lockers leading to another frosted glass at the end of the building.

Long Corridor / Locker Area:

Lockers aligns the walls in rolls of four along the corridor. It also branches to 2 smaller locker areas. Lockers are spacious but the numbering is such that it runs from top down. When there are many people coming in at the same time, the locker area will becomes cramp as each customer are given keys based on running numbers. This means many people will be trying to change near each other where the locker is located. Keybox should look at spacing out the lockers accordingly or give keys to customer not according to running numbers. Inside the locker will be towels and condom.

Vanity table

Hair blower, gel and mirror are provided.

Full Length Mirror

A full length mirror is provided along the corridor.

Doorway leading to other areas

One leading to TV room (left side)

Locker area (left side)

Curtain doorway leading to additional dark room (left side)

One doorway and a curtain doorway leading to Dark room (right side)

Frosted glass door leading to wet areas and smoking room (end center)

TV Room cum Cafe cum Internet Access:

TV Area

First door on the Left, opens up to a TV room with cafe tables and chairs as well as a resting platform. TV showing Channel 8 and can be boring after sitting through all the Chinese serials.

Computer Station

Two computer stations along the wall. The computer runs fast and access to internet is speedy. The only problem is only Internet Explorer can be used to watch Youtube.

Cafe Experience

Drinks and Cup noodles can be ordered through a counter where the reception is.

Dark Maze & Rooms:

First door on the Right, opens up to the dark maze and 12 rooms of various shapes and sizes. Some rooms have raised platform, while others has only mattresses. All rooms comes with tissue rolls, condoms and dispenser for lube. Little blue lights lit the way in the dark. Some corners has little rest area for customer to sit and watch or rest. The room light can be controlled by a dimmer.

Addition Dark Room

Along the main corridor, there is a curtain up area with house a big raised up mattress and a walked up mattress for mass fun. Mattress can accommodate about 5-8 people on both mattresses.

Steam Room / Shower / WC / Smoking room:

The frosted glass door at the end of the corridor leads to wet areas.

Steam room:

Steam room that is dark and can accommodate about 10 people. Steam is hot and works well.

Shower:

Hanger for towels are just at the entrance of the open concept shower room. Shower room is dark and it had 6 overhead showers heads. Lights from the basin area lit the shower area.

Smoking Room

Smoking room house in a little room next to the steam room has 2 little cafe table and chairs. It also has a powerful exhaust to pump out the smoke.

W/C:

All 3 W/C stalls are white and clean.

Basin:

A few washing are provided and one of them has mouth wash and disposable cups.

Water Cooler

A water cooler that dispense hot and cold water.

The Crowd

The afternoon crowd was rather small. Mostly mature uncles. It was until about 6 onwards did the crowd got more. As it was only the 1st opening day, it is hard to tell what crowd eventually it will end up with. Will have to see what event they have before we can see where Keybox is heading.

The Management

From speaking to the worker, I was told that the management is pretty new at running a sauna, but that did not stop them from getting many details right. Which means, they must have asked the right person for advice. Things like lube dispenser, dimmer in rooms, dark rooms areas, mass fun area, water dispenser, etc.

Improvement Area

1. The locker arrangement needs to be looked into.

2. Signage for locker no. Can be bigger.

3. Signage for Smoking room.

4. Notice board with events and pricing and some notices would be good to have.

5. Music in dark room is a little too loud.

6. TV could show movies instead of TV show.

Overall Experience

Good. Will visit the place for it's ambiance. Though there isn't much reason for one to stay longer since it does not has a gym or hot/cold pool.

The price of $18 during evening time will be expensive when compared with other establishments which provides the same facilities.

The place is very quite..Up to date is less then 15 guest..

I decided to go home.

there were so many super fat guy at keybox.sorry im not into chub chaser

Guest Guest
majority r chub uncle. not even one cutie. disppointed many came and left half and hour later

Why only chub uncles and no cuties? Or at least guys with avg physique? :unsure:

Guest george
Why only chub uncles and no cuties? Or at least guys with avg physique? :unsure:

its a nice cosy simple place but i doubt it can capture the youth market, it is quite a walking distance away from bugis or lavender mrt. their map is not drawn to scale. when you really walk u will know its quite far, if rain, gone case. not really a glam place to be compare to absolute

the rooms are not bad with right lightings

personally i definately think they will cater to the mature crowd who can afford car after all becos they have lots of parking car space around and its free after 5pm!

over all nice place comparable to BH league but a bit ex at 18$ at that kind of place

Guest love older

Is there are a lot of chub uncles?

I think probably will go on this weekend.

Here's the review. Overall experience is slightly more positive and I gave it a 6 out of 10 points.

The place is cosy. Nice deco which felt relaxing. Lockers were just the right size for bag and shoes. And yes ! There are 140 lockers. I counted each and every one. The 140th locker has it's number tag missing. Can the staff fixed that ? Ha ha ... The lighting at the locker area were just nice.

There are 4 staff today. The ah beng with freshly tattoo arms. The grey hair man. The 40s plus guy in blue tee shirt. And lastly the Thai guy. Here's some feedback. I find that the ah beng with tattoo doesn't seems well versed in conversation English. Secondly, the grey hair man. My impression of him is that he seems like the owner's father helping out in the business. Anyway, both ah beng and grey hair doesn't smile. Third, the 40s plus guy in blue tee. I suspected that he is the boss. He is the only staff that smile to me. Lastly, the Thai guy that seems helpful too. Here's a tip for the management ! As staff in service line , please smile. Don't worry we customers won't ask for more than a smile.

Tv lounge is great. Can watch tv. Read magazine and papers. The table and chair were simple and nice. Good for a drink and chat with friends. There are 2 Internet Pc and it was great. The lighting in the tv lounge area was bright enough.

The play room is large and both sides has cushion platform for mass fun. But the bad part of this play room is that it doesn't directly linked to the maze and private cubicles area. You need to pass by the locker area. The mass area are good enough and the lighting just nice. Not to dark like some other sauna. There are plenty of private cubicles. And the cushion platform is good. Each cubicle has it's lighting switch and dimmer. Also there are lube and condoms provided. A big roll of toilet paper for use. Maybe the place is new and clean. But it does have better cubicles compared to other sauna. I also notice each cubicle has small hanger for hanging towels. Very well thought of.

Next, the wet area. Walk to the end of the locker area you will see a wooden door with partial frosted glass. Next to this door is a mirror. There is a hair dryer and hair gel provided. Go through this door and you will reach the steam room, smoking area, toilet and bathing area. The steam room is great and the steam hot enough. Steam is dark but not so dark compare to other sauna. Smoking area is just normal. There are some chairs there for you to sit down and smoke. Lighters and smoking pots are provided. Next is shower area. Hot and cold water works fine. Shower head is of rain shower type. But the raining effect not really prominent. Shower area is dark. It creates a good opportunity for fun there too. Lastly the toilet were normal. The end toilet cubicle were fitted with KDK exhaust fan. So the toilet won't smell bad. Toilet and shower area also fitted with small towel hangers. That is also well thought of. There are 2 wash basin in this wet area. Only one basin has mouth wash gaggle listerine. There is a water cooler.

Impression of this sauna is positive. Cleanliness is important and it has it. Maybe becos it is new. The flooring were fitted with fake wooden pattern but that is really nice as compared to other sauna. The floor is smooth and clean. Well done for the staff. Here are suggestion for improvement. Firstly, I realized that there are no free mints and sweet in the sauna. The management should consider placing some mints around. As some customers got bad breath. I don't want to kiss some cigaratte or long kang smell mouth. Sometimes the listerine doesn't help. Secondly, the price $18 during the peak hour is a bit steep based on the facilities of one steam room only. Keybox disadvantages are not having a hot dry sauna and a warm jazcuzi. As for location stategy, I will say it's good and bad. If a customer likes to be discreet, keybox will be good as it is located at the quiet side of north bridge road. Bad in the sense that keybox is located between lavender and bugis mrt. There are no link shelters to this place. So if it rains, I don't think people would wanna go. Next, the location is not located near any gay pubs or gay ktv so it's hard to attract the young clubbing customer to this place. Lastly, there are no theme nites. Here's some help. Muscle nite, nude nite, retro disco nite, young guns nite, dog tag nite, mystery mask nite, executive nite, swimwear speedo nite and many more. You may want to consider having nude foam party too. Also, there is no

gym.

That wraps up for this super long winded review. Anyway, I left without having fun. Maximum there are only 3 to 5 customers when I am there. Non are my type although 3 guys are trying to cruise me. Maybe keybox is still new. Wait for the regular customer to form and maybe by then it will be different. Enjoy .....

My understanding from the boss, he has no intention for theme night at the moment for some biz reason which I choose not to elaborate. There is a jazcuzzi but he has not decided to open it at the moment as he explain that he has manpower constraint and he also want to see the customer's need before he open it. I feel he should just open it as it is an value-add features. He also reinstated that he is no related to Diamond Sauna. I am not a biz-partner to Keybox

My understanding from the boss, he has no intention for theme night at the moment for some biz reason which I choose not to elaborate. There is a jazcuzzi but he has not decided to open it at the moment as he explain that he has manpower constraint and he also want to see the customer's need before he open it. I feel he should just open it as it is an value-add features. He also reinstated that he is no related to Diamond Sauna. I am not a biz-partner to Keybox

but the website say nude nite for this Sat and underwear nite for Sun............

where is the Jazcuzzi, I went there yesterday, there seem no sign of it.

Guest topping
where is the Jazcuzzi, I went there yesterday, there seem no sign of it.

a jaccuzi so BIG, how could u miss it!!! :blink: unless the management throwing smoke bomb

Guest muscularly manly
We welcome customers of all ages, but we would like especially to attract the young crowd. So we have planned an attractive package for people of 18-25 years.
Bullshit! I was there a few days ago to want to register, but the owner of Keybox say that they want only young people, they rejected me. I am 39 years old this year. Then after me, was another elderly man, also rejected by the owner. I guess, Keybox, will only cater for young people.

muscularly manly, you never ask why they rejected you? 39 years old don't consider old to me, don't think any sauna will do that even is Abs, you sure the one who rejected you is the owner? then why some say that first day of opening majority r chub uncle? hard to believe frankly, esp you say that you are muscular.

well, could the owner say something for this, you will reject patrons from going? more or less it may or not bring bad name for it

Guest muscularly manly
muscularly manly, you never ask why they rejected you? 39 years old don't consider old to me, don't think any sauna will do that even is Abs, you sure the one who rejected you is the owner? then why some say that first day of opening majority r chub uncle? hard to believe frankly, esp you say that you are muscular.

well, could the owner say something for this, you will reject patrons from going? more or less it may or not bring bad name for it

I am quite shocked when the owner told me that his sauna only cater to young people. If my age is not a problem, then it must be my looks. I confess that I am not handsome at all, though I am muscular, my chest is 40 inches and my biceps is 15 inches. When I go to Absolute, they never reject me. I hope Keybox owner can explain to me.

Guest RichardSheer

I want to go and see for myself what is Keybox tonite after work. But I can't, because I am 41 years old, just celebrated my birthday last night.

Guest Guest
Bullshit! I was there a few days ago to want to register, but the owner of Keybox say that they want only young people, they rejected me. I am 39 years old this year. Then after me, was another elderly man, also rejected by the owner. I guess, Keybox, will only cater for young people.

I am 50 but i look like 28. So I can register. NO BOTOX but just a happy-go-lucky soul.

MAybe itis better to keep the Indians/Bangladeshi/foreign workers at Heater Room, The Cubs/Uncles/The BIGGEST LOSER ASIA Candidates at 10Men and the UNtouchables at Y Club. I hope KEYBOX would not turn out to be another of the above.

I hope it's an extension of the Ex-Towel Club. Good looking, eduacted patrons with beautiful music (17 now plays hokkien/canto/J-pop, thanks to the Ah Beng Aupervsior at the Cafe, TMC reminds me of Ex-Rauira, new age/ballads, ZY- Club , no music except moaings from the rooms) BRANDING< BRANDING

Guest Guest
I am quite shocked when the owner told me that his sauna only cater to young people. If my age is not a problem, then it must be my looks. I confess that I am not handsome at all, though I am muscular, my chest is 40 inches and my biceps is 15 inches. When I go to Absolute, they never reject me. I hope Keybox owner can explain to me.

I think the owner prefers younger guys and also better looking ones. So even if you have muscles but no look, you will not fit into the profile of what the owner wants. So look is very important? :unsure:

• G_M changed the title to Keybox Sauna @ Upp Circular Rd (No Ads or Bitch fight)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.