Male HQ

Keybox Sauna @ Upp Circular Rd (No Ads or Bitch fight)

Lungker

On 4/30/2020 at 4:00 AM, West93 said:

SG landlords are infamous for being willing to let their property sit empty than rent it out below market value. Because doing so would weaken their property bargaining power in future if people find out that they can rent the place at a discount. 

But these are not normal times. And gay saunas are not the only places staying closed.

If SG is like other countries,  people staying at home don't get much money, don't go to stores to buy, and they and the stores may not have money for rent. 

It's a bad time for landlords.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, West93 said:

SG landlords are infamous for being willing to let their property sit empty than rent it out below market value. Because doing so would weaken their property bargaining power in future if people find out that they can rent the place at a discount. 

The situation now is tenants are hard to find, even renting out at below market value.  Landlords with tenants working  in the health sector are safe, but many other businesses especially retail sector will not survive and have to send their foreign workers back.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest Client

My guess is MOH will have to come up with a customized set of social distancing guidelines for wellness spa & sauna before they can issue the green lights.

Most likely the following groups will be barred temporarily from entering when the CB ends :

1. work permit holders 

2. elderly person above 60yo 

3. recent travellers on stay home notice.

4. customers without protection mask & slippers.

Guest guest
5 hours ago, Guest Client said:

My guess is MOH will have to come up with a customized set of social distancing guidelines for wellness spa & sauna before they can issue the green lights.

Most likely the following groups will be barred temporarily from entering when the CB ends :

1. work permit holders 

2. elderly person above 60yo 

3. recent travellers on stay home notice.

4. customers without protection mask & slippers.

If Item (2) is implemented, then those sauna(s) that focus on the old will be gone, with the wind too.

Which establishment can tolerate three (03) months of closure, even with government subsidy? 

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Ass Sniffer said:

I suspect the entry fee might be doubled to cover the losses for the past months. But I think that is fair.

In my opinion, for customer retention and loyalty, in terms of sustainable business sense, and in line with CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), not only will entry free be NOT doubled, but everything would be status quo, meaning that EVERYTHING WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE. Hopefully ...

Whatever you want and desire, you can get it and find it at Keybox, EXACTLY the way you want it !! (Fact, not advertising.)

Could not wait for it to open to former glory.

Guest Client

Some will probably start registering & charging for membership to facilitate contact tracing, while others will pretend to fold and rebrand themselves for another round of ripoff on their existing members.

For Keybox,  I think they can cut losses by :

1. eliminating free entry for those K-boys under 25yo

2. reducing their business hours, ie. no more 24hr except on weekends & eve of public holidays.

In doing so, they can save up quite substantially on their overheads, cleaners will also have more time to do proper cleaning & sanitization, setting the gold standard for sauna operators.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/08/anti-gay-backlash-feared-in-south-korea-after-coronavirus-media-reports

DON'T THINK THIS WON'T HAPPEN HERE IN SINGAPORE. 

"Members of the gay community said they fear efforts to out them after a major media outlet, Kookmin Ilbo, reported that the man had been in gay clubs in the capital’s Itaewon district. Some social media users then posted video footage from its bars and clubs, urging followers for donations “to help put a stop to these disgusting goings-on”.

Homosexuality is not illegal in South Korea but discrimination remains rampant, with most Korean gay people choosing to keep their sexuality hidden from family members and colleagues.

“I don’t usually go to gay clubs and it’s been two years since I visited Itaewon [Seoul’s gay district],” Hong Yoo-jin, a 35-year-old IT worker told the Guardian. “But I read on gay community websites that Youtubers are joining gay apps to out gay men live. So myself and everyone I know have deleted our photos from all of our accounts.”

Health officials say they have a list of 1,500 people who visited the clubs last weekend and authorities are asking anyone who visited the premises to get tested.

A 37-year-old IT engineer using his regular pseudonym, Jang Ji-myung, said he had been at three of the clubs after months of staying away but feared for his job if he was tested.

“The company where I work is a regular Korean company, which means they are very anti-gay. I have taken part in conversations where my boss and colleagues said all gay men should be put to death in a gas chamber,” he said.

“If they find out that I was at a gay club, they would most likely tell me to leave under some other pretext or make my life there a living hell so I would have no choice but to leave."

“I’m extremely worried if I’m infected but I can’t come forward to get tested because I don’t want to lose my job. I don’t care that much about getting the virus as I’ll most likely be treated and get better eventually but I don’t know if I’ll be able to take the social and professional humiliation that would come with getting found out.”

Kwon Joon-wook, the deputy director of central disaster and safety countermeasures headquarters, asked the media to keep to the guidelines when reporting about infected people and to protect their privacy, but did not refer to the Kookmin Ilbo report.

Guest Client

With regards to outing of gays, I'm not surprised when such thing happens, it is more likely to come from a member of our own PLU community. It could be due to any of the reasons below : 

1. betraying us out of fear & insecurity of his bf/husband fooling behind his back in saunas;

2. a vengeful spoilsport holding a grudge against those who had previously rejected him & is now out to destroy everyone's funs;

3. a jealous competitor who can't stand the success of others.

Sad to say, the behaviour of West93 here reminds me of all of the above.

Guest amending
3 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Saunas, massage, clubs and bars will probably be the last businesses to be opened.   

I would like to amend it :

Saunas, massage, clubs and bars will probably be the last businesses to be opened and the first to be already bankrupt when the Government decides to re-open such establishments...

Guest guest

Maybe sauna can have different  kind of concept. Like build more cubicle door  with orange size hole. This cubicle can serve as social distance.Customers still can bj with condom through the orange hole if both click. Maybe u guys can contribute  more ideas to keep key box alive. 

Guest Client
28 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Maybe sauna can have different  kind of concept. Like build more cubicle door  with orange size hole. This cubicle can serve as social distance.Customers still can bj with condom through the orange hole if both click. Maybe u guys can contribute  more ideas to keep key box alive. 

Aiyo...might as well start a PPE fetish club where people have sex in see-thru protective coveralls with oxygen mask.

Guest guest
12 hours ago, Guest amending said:

I would like to amend it :

Saunas, massage, clubs and bars will probably be the last businesses to be opened and the first to be already bankrupt when the Government decides to re-open such establishments...

Well, as stated by one guest on earlier post that Bankruptcy would occur for those sauna(s) that serve the old, fat and ugly clientele(s). If one or two closed for good, the others would have more businesses. 

Guest guest
12 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Wonder how many are going to lose their jobs. Some places were closed since end march before cb

Already happened during the very first CB (Chee By) Week. 

Guest guest
12 hours ago, Guest guest said:

As usual, KB is ALWAYS alive. Ready anytime, now only waiting for Government to give the green light to open.

Guest Uncle
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

As usual, KB is ALWAYS alive. Ready anytime, now only waiting for Government to give the green light to open.

Once open, sure super long Q and overcrowded. Just like NTUC. Then sure got marshalls shooting temperature guns, QR code check-in, show IC, everything will be tracked and recorded and monitored. Then some people will stomp us like those idiots queuing to go into IKEA.  

Guest meat balls
3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Well, as stated by one guest on earlier post that Bankruptcy would occur for those sauna(s) that serve the old, fat and ugly clientele(s). If one or two closed for good, the others would have more businesses. 

This seems wrong. When Cruise closed KB was overcrowded for weeks like IKEA on a Sunday and people were chasing meat balls...

The one for the youngsters might be the first one to close.

And in the dark maze all cats are black!

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Guest Uncle said:

Once open, sure super long Q and overcrowded. Just like NTUC. Then sure got marshalls shooting temperature guns, QR code check-in, show IC, everything will be tracked and recorded and monitored. Then some people will stomp us like those idiots queuing to go into IKEA.  

Marshalls or others related are only doing their jobs. If one does nothing illegal, then one should not be afraid of the law. Gay saunas are perfectly legal in Singapore. Discreet would be the key word in the gay arena. IC verifications would most like be needed for free-entry patrons. 

Guest guest
54 minutes ago, Guest meat balls said:

This seems wrong. When Cruise closed KB was overcrowded for weeks like IKEA on a Sunday and people were chasing meat balls...

The one for the youngsters might be the first one to close.

And in the dark maze all cats are black!

Luckily you mentioned youngsters. KB has mixed crowds and for all.

Guest meat balls

But the MTI already said they will impose the NRIC scanner for all businesses for contact tracing, even small businesses must “buy” the app. If you need to scan your staff at company or even hawker stall, won’t it apply for sauna?

Please note it says “must”!

MTI website:

From 12 May 2020, all businesses and services that are in operation must come on board the SafeEntry system to log the check-in and check-out of employees and visitors.

MOH guidelines:

Guidelines on opening after CB:

SafeEntry was deployed by the Government on 23 April 2020 to log the names, NRIC/FINs and mobile numbers of individuals visiting hotspots, workplaces of essential services, as well as selected public venues. Such details are necessary for the Government to carry out contact tracing quickly and effectively, should the need arise. Users check-in by scanning a QR code displayed at the venue with their phone, or by having any identification card with a barcode scanned e.g. NRIC, driver’s licence, student pass and work permit.

To further support our contact tracing efforts, SafeEntry must be deployed extensively across Singapore, especially at places with a higher risk of non-transient contact.

41 minutes ago, Guest meat balls said:

But the MTI already said they will impose the NRIC scanner for all businesses for contact tracing, even small businesses must “buy” the app. If you need to scan your staff at company or even hawker stall, won’t it apply for sauna?

MTI website:

From 12 May 2020, all businesses and services that are in operation must come on board the SafeEntry system to log the check-in and check-out of employees and visitors.

MOH guidelines:

SafeEntry was deployed by the Government on 23 April 2020 to log the names, NRIC/FINs and mobile numbers of individuals visiting hotspots, workplaces of essential services, as well as selected public venues. Such details are necessary for the Government to carry out contact tracing quickly and effectively, should the need arise. Users check-in by scanning a QR code displayed at the venue with their phone, or by having any identification card with a barcode scanned e.g. NRIC, driver’s licence, student pass and work permit.

To further support our contact tracing efforts, SafeEntry must be deployed extensively across Singapore, especially at places with a higher risk of non-transient contact.

In full agreement with you, bro

Guest Golden

.... one should not be afraid of the law. Gay saunas are perfectly legal in Singapore.

How true is this and has it been tested, challenged by moral rightists?

Guest guest
2 hours ago, Guest meat balls said:

MTI website:

MOH guidelines:

Ok. Lets explain, clarify and get it straight once and for all.

(1) The NRIC Scanner works and registered your full NRIC number with whomever asked you to do so. Full length of your NRIC number. Everything of your NRIC Number.

(2) The QR Code that you scanned or photographed with your handphone only captures your handphone number. If at that material time the handphone that you are using belongs to another person besides yourself, then there is no way for anyone to know where you are. Because the QR Code does not capture or track the Google Location. If your handphone belongs and is registered under your own name, then the authorities can track by cross-referencing with the relevant Telcos.

(3) Then the final way, which is deemed as a "gold standard" or the best method, is the traditional manual method - by writing down on paper the last four digit of your NRIC Number and your handphone. There is absolutely NO WAY of verifying on the spot what you have written or declared is correct or accurate.

Understand??

Guest Uncle

Ok. Lets explain, clarify and get it straight once and for all.

(1) The NRIC Scanner works and registered your full NRIC number with whomever asked you to do so. Full length of your NRIC number. Everything of your NRIC Number.

(2) The QR Code that you scanned or photographed with your handphone only captures your handphone number. If at that material time the handphone that you are using belongs to another person besides yourself, then there is no way for anyone to know where you are. Because the QR Code does not capture or track the Google Location. If your handphone belongs and is registered under your own name, then the authorities can track by cross-referencing with the relevant Telcos.

(3) Then the final way, which is deemed as a "gold standard" or the best method, is the traditional manual method - by writing down on paper the last four digit of your NRIC Number and your handphone. There is absolutely NO WAY of verifying on the spot what you have written or declared is correct or accurate.

Understand??

Wah... The govt can easily export the data and run a report on patrons, expose every married men, all youngsters, all lecturers, all pastors, all lawyers, all MPs whose been visiting this KB. Hoseh Liao! 

Guest Guest

Likely key box can only be reopen on January  2021.Gov will not shut down gay sauna. If shut down  it will cause more problem to the public. Meanwhile gov will help them with the rental. 

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Likely key box can only be reopen on January  2021.Gov will not shut down gay sauna. If shut down  it will cause more problem to the public. Meanwhile gov will help them with the rental. 

You think Singapore Government your father,  is it? Where got help?

As and so long as can proof and persuade the government that this type of sauna is "essential service", just like your daily meals, then it is ok to be opened, soonest possible time.

You got to have a unique and niche way of negotiating with the government. 

Meanwhile, finger  crossed and hoped to open soon.

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

As and so long as can proof and persuade the government that this type of sauna is "essential service", just like your daily meals, then it is ok to be opened, soonest possible time.

If the sauna are not opened soon, I'm afraid gay activities may spill over to public toilets like in the 90s.  Remember Plaza Singapura toilet in the 90s?

Edited by Ass Sniffer

Guest OUTDOORFUN
36 minutes ago, Ass Sniffer said:

If the sauna are not opened soon, the gay activities may spill over to public toilets like in the 90s.  Remember Plaza Singapura toilet in the 90s?

Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by GIPHY News

On 5/10/2020 at 9:56 PM, Guest HeralD said:

Sigh. All those getting tested there as a result of the exposure would also be coming out to their families. 

Guest Uncle
21 minutes ago, Guest OUTDOORFUN said:

Saturday Night Live Snl GIF by GIPHY News

Unlike in those hay days, now there are CCTV outside all toilets including MRT, malls, massage shops. After COVID, NRIC scanning will be a norm, so as to trace your movement and who you had human contact with. Big brother is watching... His wife will find out soon find out that you are the 贱货小三 and will publicly shame you and stomp you. Hopefully you are sovereign...

Guest Guext

Not to worry so much by January 2021 everything will be back to normal including travelling.. Opening of night life .massage parlour.beauty salon  foot massage and gay sauna. Vaccine will be out in Dec. 

Guest Life goes on
5 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Even if can open after cb, as long as 1 infected guy enter and create cluster, still will end up close down. 

Those who visited have to prepare of the risk of being quarantined if suay suay it happens. No escape de.

Just watch how the current itaewon incident develop. 

If kb can open and decide to open, just play at own risk. If u cannot bear consequences, then u better just wait.

Guest Guest

Sg gov are smart they monitor other country after their lock down and practice here.so comfirm they will not allow sauna  and night life to open until january when the vaccine arrive in Dec. Small pub and small sauna will close down for good. The big one gov will help out with assigning their staff to work as temperature  and crowd control with a monthly salary. 

13 hours ago, Ass Sniffer said:

If the sauna are not opened soon, I'm afraid gay activities may spill over to public toilets like in the 90s.  Remember Plaza Singapura toilet in the 90s?

Perhaps but 1990s didnt have Grindr n other apps. Nowadays less need for cruising when u can just swipe, filter the list to who u like n find a better match right?

Guest Guest

Grindr Is for youngster and good looking guy with bod. How about those ugly and old gay where can they cruise if there is no sauna.Public pool?

Guest flying fox
55 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Grindr Is for youngster and good looking guy with bod. How about those ugly and old gay where can they cruise if there is no sauna.Public pool?

Below the last overhead bridge at Fort Road (Tanjong Rhu Flyover) as in mid 90s to 2000....

Will be called Flybox with no entry fee...

• 2 weeks later...
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.