Male HQ

Saunas Which Had Closed Or Changed Names

ixmog

How many gay sauna we have in Singapore and still operating ?

Hercules, KeyBox, $!^*|, OneSeven, Ten Men Club, Shogun, Blue Heaven, Heater Room and Y-Club

Woah ! Nine ! That is a lot for a small country !

What are the sauna that had been closed or renamed ?

Spartacus, V-Club, Papillion, Rairua, Raw, Sphere, Towel Club, Diamond, The Box ... Any to add on ?

Edited by GachiMuchi

How many gay sauna we have in Singapore and still operating ?

Hercules, KeyBox, $!^*|, OneSeven, Ten Men Club, Shogun, Blue Heaven, Heater Room and Y-Club

Woah ! Nine ! That is a lot for a small country !

What are the sauna that had been closed or renamed ?

Spartacus, V-Club, Papillion, Rairua, Raw, Towel Club, Diamond, The Box ... Any to add on ?

Sphere?

• 2 weeks later...

Gay saunas which had since closed

1. Spartacus (Closed, moved and renamed to Stroke)(since 2000)

2. Stroke (Closed, moved and renamed to RAW)(since 2003)

3. V-Club (Closed, moved and renamed to Sphere)(since 2004)

4. Sphere (since 2006)

5. Rairua (since 2006)

6. Papilion (since 2005)

7. The Box (Changed to new owner, moved and renamed to Shogun)(since 2003)

8. Towel Club @ Sg (Only Towel Club HK still in operation)(since 2008)

9. RAW (Closed, moved and renamed to The Heater Room)(since 2008)

10. New Diamond (Diamond changed owner to New Diamond, moved and renamed to Hercules Club)(since 2009)

For latest updates on Gay Saunas in Singapore visit : http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=71

========

Nb: The years of closure are just estimates of time that I could remember. If anyone knows the exact date of closure, please PM me or update in this thread. Thx

Papilion failed since day one. Some retail units in the former Central mall was transformed from a retail unit into a sauna. Which means, the glass panel for window shopping was painted black to accommodate the sauna. There were no toilet facilities so they make use of those plastic portable loo units u see at outdoor events as their toilet. There rooms has folding doors and mattress. The worst part of it was they actually provide Vasaline oil base hand creams as lubricant. Talking to the worker there, I found out that the sauna was actually own by str8 men trying to cash in on pink dollars. Which is why they are "門外漢" (outsider)from the way the whole saunas was being constructed.

Anyway, I think they closed after about a year or less.

Personally, I like Rairua as compared to all the present sauna still in operation. Rairua was good for providing a relaxing place but also had quite a good mix of crowd.

Towel club had the best looking guys not even Absolute or 17 has.

Edited by ixmog

I think the crowd going to saunas are usually the same few groups. When one sauna closes, those who patronised that sauna will have to move other other sauna/s. It is not like when one sauna close all those who partronised that sauna will also disappeared from the scene. Thus, your reasoning on Rairua, Towel club, Absolute and 17 about the crowd is not very logical.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Gay saunas which had closed

1. Spartacus (Closed, moved and renamed to Stroke)(since 2000)

2. Stroke (Closed, moved and renamed to RAW)(since 2003)

3. V-Club (Closed, moved and renamed to Sphere)(since 2004)

4. Sphere (since 2006)

5. Rairua (since 2006)

6. Papilion (since 2005)

7. The Box (Changed to new owner, moved and renamed to Shogun)(since 2003)

8. Towel Club @ Sg (Only Towel Club HK still in operation)(since 2008)

9. RAW (Closed, moved and renamed to The Heater Room and now Queen Resort) (since 2008)

10. Diamond (Diamond changed owner and renamed to New Diamond, moved and renamed to Hercules Club)(since 2009)

11. Y Club (since 2010)

12. New Blue Heaven (since 2011)

For latest updates on Gay Saunas in Singapore visit : http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=71

========

Saunas stil in Operation

1. Queens Resort (same boss with now defunct Heater Room, Raw, Stroke & Spartacus)(Discussion link)

2. Shogun (Discussion link)

The following sauna operates till next morning during weekends:

1. 17 (Discussion link)

2. Keybox Sauna ((Discussion link)

3. Absolute (Discussion link), (Discussion link 2), (Discussion link 3)

Saunas which operates at about daily from 10am - 11pm (call to confirm the timing)

1. 10men (Discussion link)

Saunas which operates at about daily from 11am - 2am (the next morning)

1. Hercules Club (Discussion link)

For more info on the location of website and their webpage click here.

Updated since 25 Mar 2011

• 1 month later...

GachiMuchi, u might as well juz write that 'censored' spa name into separate letters.... :thumb:

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Guest amidst_the_stars

Why should I/we? We hv parted ways because I/we don't believe in their biz practices.

What's wrong with their biz practices?

Guest Very curious

You must have hate them so much. Those ex-towel staffs mgt the place with a MR XXX.

Nice place but really not my crowd and a bit too pretentious for my taste.

They otan you $$$$?

Guest Guest

Okay, Now I see the full pic.

Though #$%^& is own by Mr XXX but the staffs are all ex-Towel staffs. I was also a victim when I bought a one mth pass and got to used it for 2 wks only before Towel Club closed. They were not honest with me then.

Their self-advertisings on BWGF were a bit excessive and desperate.

What's shocking were the revealation of personal details plus unsupported and baseless accusations.

Must have some integrity & fairness lah. Then others would treat you the same.

Guest PEter

Without any doubt, Rairua is the best sauna ever.

The place is so relaxing, like second home. The music is soothing, got newspaper and many good magazines.

The staffs and patrons are polite. Sometimes they provide snack/ finger food also.

There's jacuzzi,Sauna, roof top garden, etc.

Many good memories there. really thumbs up!

So sad there's no more sauna like this anymore.

Guest Guest

Without any doubt, Rairua is the best sauna ever.

The place is so relaxing, like second home. The music is soothing, got newspaper and many good magazines.

The staffs and patrons are polite. Sometimes they provide snack/ finger food also.

There's jacuzzi,Sauna, roof top garden, etc.

Many good memories there. really thumbs up!

So sad there's no more sauna like this anymore.

I agree. The new age music is so soothing.

The jacuzzi is well-secluded.

The orchids at the wash basin is a nice touch.

The steamroom is bright and spacious.

I wish some rich men reading this could invest in a sauna like this and call it Sextuary - a gay nirvana

I would do free marketing for you towkays. Pls..................

Why should I/we? We hv parted ways because I/we don't believe in their biz practices.

Okay, GachiMuchi. I read that.

Didn't really know about this development as I only joined BW last year.

Admittedly, I can't be bothered to browse all of those pages in the Main Forum so I juz focus on the first 5 to 10 pages, therefore unaware of the existence of this explanation page.

My point is, u have a list of to-date operating saunas compiled nicely in d forum.

It's onli a factsheet.

By reducing the name there as a jumbled-up unintelligble word, those newbies might get confused.

Unless, ofcos, if an explanatory note is attached to the list for all of us to understand.

Cheers. :thumb:

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

The word $!^*|, is a banned word in BW Forum. Which is why it is jumbled up when it is listed in the forum.

Ok, maybe this can be accepted then? --> Δβ$0Lμ+Σ :P

• Guest locked this topic