Male HQ

Phuket (Thailand ) Massage / Sauna (Compiled)

bukitpanjang

would be interested to know other's experience in travelling to phuket around the october periods.

currently planning for one with the boy nearing the end of october, most likely a 3 nights stay.

apart from patong (being the only one close to the gay centric part of phuket) anything notable about phuket in general?

and how about driving around in phuket. i dun quite fancy getting taxis so is renting out my own car a good idea while in a travel location like phuket?

I, for one, am not particularly impressed with the gay scene in Phuket at all. It really pales in comparison to the wide variety of gaylife found in BKK. The gay area is concentrated on just one street near to Royal Paradise Hotel. In this street is a neat cluster of gay bars, go-go bars (which sometimes double up as massage palour providing rooms above for that intimate massage) and one or two saunas. I went to one of the sauna one evening and found only one other ang mo there looking quite lonely in the jacuzzi room. Unless you know someone there, it's pretty hard to find a decent gay massage palour (not like BKK where there are many quality one to choose from). The last time I was there was about 3 years ago, god knows if the place has change. Hopefully for the better.

and how about driving around in phuket. i dun quite fancy getting taxis so is renting out my own car a good idea while in a travel location like phuket?

Are you crazy? Driving in Phuket can be deadly. If you insist, make sure you honk at the shrine when you reach on top of Patong Hill to thank the spirits for letting you live another day on that horrible steep road.

Patong can be fun for a short weekend trip. Lazing at the beach with watching gay boys. Diving during the day. Relaxed beach resorts. Great food. I won't spend my honeymoon there but its always a good getaway.

Just watch out for freak waves. This 34yo singaporean just drowned off Patong beach last weekend.

Just watch out for freak waves. This 34yo singaporean just drowned off Patong beach last weekend.

not out of disrespect, but the irony of it was that he was an insurance agent

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../288304/1/.html

for about 700 baht to rent a 4wd suzuki sporty per day, i will think its good if i wanna go from one end of the island to the other end and do my own little free and easy sight seeing...

but yeah safety concerns is what's bugging me right now... and phuket is a hilly terrain as well?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
would be interested to know other's experience in travelling to phuket around the october periods.

currently planning for one with the boy nearing the end of october, most likely a 3 nights stay.

apart from patong (being the only one close to the gay centric part of phuket) anything notable about phuket in general?

Any recommendations for PLU friendly PADI open water course or places to eat? What about the oneseven club hotel?

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday on Lost III I saw the beach which Jack was at during his flash back. Is Phuket really like that? The only beach resort I went to before was Redung Island and it was like a dream beach for me, sandy white beaches and crystal clear water. If Phuket is like that, I might want to plan a trip there. Anyone can advise?

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

• 3 weeks later...
Yesterday on Lost III I saw the beach which Jack was at during his flash back. Is Phuket really like that? The only beach resort I went to before was Redung Island and it was like a dream beach for me, sandy white beaches and crystal clear water. If Phuket is like that, I might want to plan a trip there. Anyone can advise?

I either didnt see or remember that LOST episode, but Phuket have places which can be considered 'dream beaches'. You just have to avoid Patong Town/beach. Go to Karon or Kata, Kamala or numerous other beaches on the west coast of Phuket. Or venture further to Ko Phi Phi island or even Krabi (3hrs drive from Phuket). I've been to Phuket several times and definitely recommend it.

Better still.. while in Phuket.. get on one of those boat trips and go to one of those deserted island with your bf. Souvenir Guesthouse @ Paradise Complex does an all gay cruise to Cock Island + buffet Thai lunch every Saturday barring bad weather. Very friendly and fun, yet tons of free and easy time on your own in the bushes. Beautiful powder sand beaches... and tons of hunky Thai men

Be warned though that Phuket can be an expensive destination. It has become upmarket over the years. Many of the best hotels and resorts in Thailand are in Phuket, including Amanpuri, Banyan Tree and some of the newer ones like Trisara, Phuket Pavilions and Mom Tri's Villa Royale. Even the seafood along Patong Beach are expensive.

• 4 months later...

Hi!

I am wondering if anyone has stayed at this B&B place in Phuket? I am still trying to figure out where to go when I am back in SG for a week or two. I appreciate any feedback.

Also if that place sucks, what can you recommend? I prefer a place with a pool to just chill and hang out to read.

Also should I just fly Silk Air or would a budget airline suffice given the trip is relatively short?

Thanks everyone!

Love. 

Stayed there once during the low season. Its a nice place but not cheap during the high season.

The rooms facing the roads are very noisy if you are a light sleeper. Ask for rooms facing the back. The staff are friendly and the boss is a Singaporean. They have a website and you can book with them directly. Location wise is not bad...about 5-10 min walk to the main area in Patong beach. There are convenience stores just beside it.

Transport in Phuket is relatively expensive if u are travelling alone. 1 trip from the airport ( about 40 mins) cost at least 500-600BHT. Its run by some sort of cartel.

• 4 weeks later...

Continuation ..

Comment: TopChinese

Posted: February 13, 2008 05:51 pm

I didn't like the 17 place.. its too far from the beach and too basic for the price they charged. The rooms are like hotel 81 for me. 17 has no pool but a rooftop jacuzzi.

There are tons of better places. If you like a bit of action, try staying in the many basic guesthouses in Paradise Complex. The Aquarius sauna there also have rooms which are convenient if you like to pick up off-duty money boys and fellow visitors. Was there this weekend and I met a Thai, another Singaporean daddy (!!!) and a Frenchie within 2 hours! Paradise is also a quick 10 min walk to the gay beach.

Don't bother with Silkair. Jetstar has a 1.5 hour flight that leaves SIN first thing in the morning and returns at 11:45pm at night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment: chelseasian

Posted: February 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Thanks for the tip.

I want a place with a pool for sure just in case I got tired of the sand.

Thanks for the feedback. Now the only thing is to gently tell mom that I want to travel alone and not with her...

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed my stay in Club One Seven, but there was no pool when I visit Phuket in 2006.

However, now there's a pool!

Just check out their website:

http://www.cluboneseven.net/

The staff are really friendly.

I booked superior(900 Baht), but they upgraded it to Deluxe(1,400Baht) when I arrived! :thumb:

• 9 months later...

I was in Club 17 during the low season. Club 17 is 2 star hotel which has very basic room, it is not cheap at all. It is located in quiet place, 10 mins walking to beach, 15 mins to gay bars/reastaurants ... but mosquitors :P

The Owner is very friendly and Singaporean. The breakfast is just nice.

===============

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

• 6 months later...

I'll be travelling to Phuket with friends in 2 weeks time.

Any recommendation on any venue i shouldn't miss ?

Thanks you in advance :rolleyes:

Hi,

if you happen to stay at Patong Beach, try going to the Gay area, near Paradise Hotel aka Paradise Complex. My Way gay bar is nice if you wanna see cabaret show. Many other go go boys gay bar. or just hang around the disco. or drink at karaoke lounge. or visit Aquarius sauna. nothing to shout about, just some small sauna to meet local guys. or if you wanna go phuket town, try Suan Luam park, cruising park. but dangerous cos got robbery as well. and too far cos no taxi available to go back Patong Beach if you stay at the beach. or during evening time, the gays will congregate at the beach near the Tourism Police Post to play beach volleyball. Since it is low season, in the day time, take a tuktuk to Kata Beach about 300baht, not that crowded and nice water. From kata beach, you can walk a short distance and a small quaint town appears. Find andaman coffee house (if you like coffee) and buy Andaman Coffee, beats starbucks hand-down.

look for "Soi Dr. Wattana, off Beach Road, is a good example of Patong's diversity and right at the end of this cul de sac is a busy restaurant called Lair Lay Tong (pronounce 'lay-lee-tong)." diificult to find but nice food.

dunno why i am so excited just talking abt phuket.

i am going in late Oct. for ten days : )

Edited by thad

older4younger

Gay clubs in Phuket is so boring ... all money boys there are like those in BKK after retirement.

Patong beach is not beautiful at all, but there is one part of this beach for gay, saw many there ... But if you want to rent car then there are many other beautiful beaches around. Just stop at which one you like and follow the map. Sorry, I dont remember its name.

Some beaches are very quiet so may be you can have ... sex on the beach :rolleyes: ... then have romantic dinner on the beach ... which cost you very reasonable :thumb:

• 4 months later...

best western patong sawaddi

new property in patong, not sea-front but shuttle bus provided to beach

5 min on proper walkway to jungceylon

opening promo 2200 nett at wotif and asiatravel - comp bf, wifi and 15 min massage

http://www.patongsawaddi.com/

any recommendation for the hotel in phuket..

hotel not bad and nice sea view, just in front of beach or near by beach..

n near to those eating places and happening places and gay friendly.. =p

any good soul please give me some recommentdation..

thanks

I stayed in Hotel Club One Seven 2 years ago - owned by a Singaporean guy. It is gay hotel.

Reasonable price, walking distance to Patong beach or clubs ... but not a hotel that I want to come back :D

So it depends on your budget.

It is better to stay in some quiet beaches further from Patong Beach (very beautiful actually) because gay bars/clubs there are so bad, worse compared to BKK.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sleazebag

stay far away and get stuck on a remote beach with expensive farang food

and there's nothing remotely GAY outside patong

unless u drive or motorbike patong still the best place to be

so if u're planning for a super GAY holidays then bali phuket is out

but why does everything have to be GAY

damn sleazy u guys

I stayed in Hotel Club One Seven 2 years ago - owned by a Singaporean guy. It is gay hotel.

Reasonable price, walking distance to Patong beach or clubs ... but not a hotel that I want to come back :D

So it depends on your budget.

It is better to stay in some quiet beaches further from Patong Beach (very beautiful actually) because gay bars/clubs there are so bad, worse compared to BKK.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this is a very nice guest house, near Patong, near the paradise complex, awesome owner, big room, but still the position is very quiet so good for sleep :).

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293920-d1238952-Reviews-Adonis_Guest_House-Phuket.html

Adonis was indeed a great place to stay, most the good reviews was true. Quiet, big room equiped like 4 star hotel or aptm, good location.

Just be warned, foods around patong are expensive, you could easily end up spending 300 to 400 bath for meal and drink.

Massage aorund was cheap but mosttherapists were not good looking and slim type, some sissy (aquarius, dolphin, d c hotel), worst they were assigned to you, could nt pick. Better to find the small massage parlour and if the therapist is apealing to you just go asking him.

But i would say most therapist were skillful on thai massage.

Apologize to hijack th thread with massage info.

I think if you want to be in the centre of activities, then I would recommend Patong Beach.

Depending of your budget, there are lots of hotels and guesthouses at 200 Century Road and Soi Nanai.

There is no need to stay at a gay guesthouse as their prices are much higher than any other guesthouses.

Touch Villa is one good example of a good and cheap guesthouse.

Guest manliman

@ Thad & castaway

thanks for the info :D

Hi Ixmog,

I m planning to visit Phuket next week for the 1st time.

Thinking of spending 3 days in Phi Phi & 2 days in Phuket.

Can you recommend hotels and places to avoid/visit ?

Thanks in advance.

Tampinesian

Guest cheaposlut

www.patongsawaddi.com

cheap and good

Hi Ixmog,

I m planning to visit Phuket next week for the 1st time.

Thinking of spending 3 days in Phi Phi & 2 days in Phuket.

Can you recommend hotels and places to avoid/visit ?

Thanks in advance.

Tampinesian

• 4 weeks later...

Adonis was indeed a great place to stay, most the good reviews was true. Quiet, big room equiped like 4 star hotel or aptm, good location.

Just be warned, foods around patong are expensive, you could easily end up spending 300 to 400 bath for meal and drink.

Massage aorund was cheap but mosttherapists were not good looking and slim type, some sissy (aquarius, dolphin, d c hotel), worst they were assigned to you, could nt pick. Better to find the small massage parlour and if the therapist is apealing to you just go asking him.

But i would say most therapist were skillful on thai massage.

Apologize to hijack th thread with massage info.

Hi sitogang,

i might be going to phuket soon, and am interested in at least some good massage ( with a men's touch :P ). Where in patong are these small massage parlours, also around the gay district paradize complex?

also a general shoutout to forumers to share field reports if they had any good/bad massage in patong area.

• 1 month later...

i will be graduating from uni soon and my bf and me are planning a trip to Phuket. estimated departure date is 28-29 May. the trip will be around 2 weeks.

is it safe to go to Phuket?

Any places of interest we can visit?

we will be staying @ Thavorn Beach Village & Spa for 3-4 nights. it is located at the patong beach. is it near to populated area? how much is the airport transfer to patong beach roughly??

we also want to do some island hopping. any islands nearby with nice accommodation?

sorry for asking so many questions.

thanks! =)

Hi... =)

Guest horus1818

I mjust came back from Bangkok during the protests. It is still safe to visit Thailand, just practise the usual security measures when in a foreign country - avoid dark lonely places, tracel in pairs and don't go to places where there are protesters. Just enjoy your trip and when you reach there, o to any gay bar and get a map which shows all the gay places. Regards

i will be graduating from uni soon and my bf and me are planning a trip to Phuket. estimated departure date is 28-29 May. the trip will be around 2 weeks.

is it safe to go to Phuket?

Any places of interest we can visit?

we will be staying @ Thavorn Beach Village & Spa for 3-4 nights. it is located at the patong beach. is it near to populated area? how much is the airport transfer to patong beach roughly??

we also want to do some island hopping. any islands nearby with nice accommodation?

sorry for asking so many questions.

thanks! =)

Guest guest

a lot of things can happen in 2 weeks.

best to plan for the trip

get some travel insurance

my mum and dad, bro and sis-in-law should have just come home from phuket last night.

didn't get any phone calls so i assume they are ok.

suggest you rent a car and go exploring, there are some nice waterfalls in the centre of phuket

guys thanks for your reply. :thumb:

me and my bf have already bought travel insurance. when we travel we usually do not buy such insurance, however, due to the Thai political turmoil we thought it's better to buy.

i believe car rental in Thailand is expensive. we went to koh samui before and we rented a motorbike for below 200 baht a day. we believe motorbike is a good way to travel around phuket too.

by the way, is patong beach the center for gay cruising? heard that there's a place call paradise complex where many gay pubs and spas operated.

we will definitely visit the waterfalls, we love waterfalls.

have anyone been to koh yao? it is an island in between krabi and phuket...

Hi... =)

The taxi from the airport to Patong will ...roughly...be 600B. There is a minibus service ,too which costs 150 B and takes you directly to Patong. AVOID taxis and tuktuks there, they charge ridiculously high prices, the market is controlled by the local mafia. Avoid jet ski services, too as they will likely try to cheat you. Many complaints about this on the internet and I witnessed several incidents when being on the beach. The Paradiese complex has several gogo/host bars BUT 2 very nice..non commercial...places, too. "Kiss" and "Boat Bar" with...VERY good shows every late evening. They both turn into a disco after the shows and are open until early morning. Phuket is safe, don t worry and IMO an insurance is not necessary, besides no insurance covers incidents which happen in a turmoil. Read the details in the contract. Be careful when swimming, there might be dangerous waves at this time of the year. Anyway, have fun!!!!

The taxi from the airport to Patong will ...roughly...be 600B. There is a minibus service ,too which costs 150 B and takes you directly to Patong. AVOID taxis and tuktuks there, they charge ridiculously high prices, the market is controlled by the local mafia. Avoid jet ski services, too as they will likely try to cheat you. Many complaints about this on the internet and I witnessed several incidents when being on the beach. The Paradiese complex has several gogo/host bars BUT 2 very nice..non commercial...places, too. "Kiss" and "Boat Bar" with...VERY good shows every late evening. They both turn into a disco after the shows and are open until early morning. Phuket is safe, don t worry and IMO an insurance is not necessary, besides no insurance covers incidents which happen in a turmoil. Read the details in the contract. Be careful when swimming, there might be dangerous waves at this time of the year. Anyway, have fun!!!!

thanks for your advice :thumb:

we are just worried about transportation cost being too high.

600B is more expensive as compare with taxi fare in BKK. we always took cab when we were in BKK last time, the maximum fare we had encountered was only 250B and the cabbies were very friendly (met a lady cabby driving toyota estima or another toyota MPV cab and she was very friendly, we tipped her roughly 200B for good service)

i wonder if jet ski service operated by hotel is a better choice...

Hi... =)

all gay activities within the Royal Paradise Complex; easy to spot; just where the 40+ storey Royal Paradise Hotel is situated;

go to Aquarius Sauna, many local boys cruise there; not all are money boys, only a few... peak hour 5pm to 8pm.

the beach that is directly in front of the Marine Police Office and the Tourist Police Office is gay beach

can cruise there during evening time

you can also try Tara Sauna where you can hook up some guys back to your hotel;

Location closer to Katina Hotel Jaofah Road. Phuket town.

airport to hotel about 6000baht.

i will be there too at end of May

older4younger

im actualli heading to phuket from 7-11 jun with a gerlfrend and ill be stayin at karon beach at woraburi beach and spa resort.... do u guys have any suggestions on where to have fun within the gay scene and maybe pick up a guy for fun?

hi, posted this earlier:

all gay activities within the Royal Paradise Complex; easy to spot; just where the 40+ storey Royal Paradise Hotel is situated;

go to Aquarius Sauna, many local boys cruise there; not all are money boys, only a few... peak hour 5pm to 8pm.

the beach that is directly in front of the Marine Police Office and the Tourist Police Office is gay beach

older4younger

wow 6000 baht? so expensive???

Hi... =)

I will be in Phuket From 25 February till 28 February 2011 Friday till Monday - Total 4 day at phuket- Just book the same thing as mine interested email me for more info guy.joey@gmail.com

msn bestdvd_com@msn.com

It thier gay pride day

The 10th Phuket Pride Celebration February, 2011

Soi Paradise - Paradise Complex “10th Phuket Gay Pride 23 till 26 February”

23th February 2011 (Wednesday) pre party night

24th February 2011 (Thursday) Opening party for Phuket Gay Pride

25th February 2011 (Friday) Phuket Pride Party night

26th February 2011 (Saturday) Afternoon Gay Pride Parade Phuket

Thailand Phuket Tours Information

From 25 February till 28 February 2011 Friday till Monday

Thing To Book ( Flight , Hotel & Tour )

FLIGHT DETAILS

http://www.airasia.com/sg/en/home.html $180

Flight Itinerary - CONFIRMED

Departing - Singapore (SIN) to Phuket ( HKT )

25 Feb 2011 SIN - 13:05 PM HKT - 13:45 PM FD 3525 $89

Returning - Phuket ( HKT ) to Singapore (SIN)

28 Feb 2011 HKT - 09:50 PM SIN - 12:35 PM FD 3524 $91

Hotel

Aquarius guesthouse

127/10-17 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee road Paradise Complex

Patong Beach 83150 Kathu - Phuket Island

Telephone: +66 (0) 76 341 668 - Fax: +66 (0) 76 346 142

Email: info@aquarius-guesthouse.com

Url : http://www.aquarius-guesthouse.com 1200 thb X 3 = 3600 THB ( $155 )

Tour (2800 thb = $120.40 ) + ( 1850 THB = $79.55 ) = ( 4650 thb = $200 )

26/02/2011 PP Island + Maya Bay + Khai Island by Jc http://jctour-phuket.com/pp_khai_maya/price.php 2800

27/02/2011 Connect's Gay Day Tour to Koh Kai email to connect@beachpatong.com 1850 thb

Itinerary

1st Day - The 10th Phuket Pride, check In Aquarius and Thavewong road gay beach and sauna

2th Day - PP Island + Maya Bay + Khai Island by Jc Tour (Phuket) and sauna

3th Day - Connect's Gay Day Tour to Koh Kai and sauna

4th Day - Check out and go back Singapore

Edited by shy_shy

I will be in Phuket From 25 February till 28 February 2011 Friday till Monday - Total 4 day at phuket- Just book the same thing as mine interested email me for more info guy.joey@gmail.com

msn bestdvd_com@msn.com

It thier gay pride day

Thailand Phuket Tours Information

From 25 February till 28 February 2011 Friday till Monday

Thing To Book ( Flight , Hotel & Tour )

FLIGHT DETAILS

http://www.airasia.com/sg/en/home.html $98 ( if you book before 23 may 2010 )

Flight Itinerary - CONFIRMED

Departing - Singapore (SIN) to Phuket ( HKT )

25 Feb 2011 SIN - 13:05 PM HKT - 13:45 PM FD 3525 $89

Returning - Phuket ( HKT ) to Singapore (SIN)

28 Feb 2011 HKT - 09:50 PM SIN - 12:35 PM FD 3524 $91

Hotel

Aquarius guesthouse

127/10-17 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee road Paradise Complex

Patong Beach 83150 Kathu - Phuket Island

Telephone: +66 (0) 76 341 668 - Fax: +66 (0) 76 346 142

Email: info@aquarius-guesthouse.com

Url : http://www.aquarius-guesthouse.com 1200 thb X 3 = 3600 THB ( $155 )

Tour (1700 thb = $74.30 ) + ( 1850 THB = $79.55 ) = ( 3550 thb = $153)

26/02/2011 PP Island + Maya Bay + Khai Island by Jc http://jctour-phuket.com/pp_khai_maya/price.php (1700 ) if you book now before may30 2010 pay over there and get free tranfer to hotel when you reach airport

27/02/2011 Connect's Gay Day Tour to Koh Kai email to connect@beachpatong.com 1850 thb

Itinerary of Songkram

1st Day - The 10th Phuket Pride, check In Aquarius and Thavewong road gay beach and sauna

2th Day - PP Island + Maya Bay + Khai Island by Jc Tour (Phuket) and sauna

3th Day - Connect's Gay Day Tour to Koh Kai and sauna

4th Day - Check out and go back Singapore

aquarius room may not be that nice and clean; well, but then again, depends on your luck tho'

not that i hv stayed there; but i hv heard abt it many times during my more than 20 years of travelling to Patong Beach for holidays annually

older4younger

• G_M changed the title to Phuket (Thailand ) Massage / Sauna (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.