Male HQ

Indoor Sun Tanning (compiled)

Guest boy2man

Guest boy2man

Just wanted to make an observation on the guys at Sun Tanning Studio. They are generally nice and friendly. Most probably AJ too! :P

Today I went to tan but the place was closed as they were installing new tanning machines. Nevertheless, I asked if I could use the toilet to change out of my gym gear. A tanned Mandarin-speaking guy, probably in his early to mid 30s, who was in charge there, said okay. That's the way! So cute of him, haha.

He made my day.

while u dun need that kind of service - doesnt make it stupid

people who doesnt even get out of their office in the day and who love to get tanned will definitely find this a blessing, or even those who just cannot afford the time to go to the beach or pool to get a tanned :smokin:

Well, it's not that stupid.

Singapore is a fast paced place and everyone wants things quick. For only half an hour, you get a tan equivalent to lying on the beach for like 4 hours. Not to mention the harmful UV rays. Although I'm not really a fan of it, I actually wanted to try once, but even then I had no time.

And since this place is like 2 minutes walk from my office, I might just drop by next time. Heehee.

Oh please.. if I blindly follow the in thing, I'll be having babies with some woman now.

Tanning parlours are still dangerous for skin cancer.. you can die from too much tanning. Why get a tan if you can't afford the time/mood to relax in the sun. Its your money, go spend it on some cute boy locking you up in some coffin with bright lights for all I care. I'm not going to pay good money to get cancer.

I'm getting my tan the natural (and free) way. At the pool doing my laps.. or lazing with my dog at the nude beach.

Oh please.. if I blindly follow the in thing, I'll be having babies with some woman now.

Tanning parlours are still dangerous for skin cancer.. you can die from too much tanning. Why get a tan if you can't afford the time/mood to relax in the sun. Its your money, go spend it on some cute boy locking you up in some coffin with bright lights for all I care. I'm not going to pay good money to get cancer.

I'm getting my tan the natural (and free) way. At the pool doing my laps.. or lazing with my dog at the nude beach.

Er.. TC, did I read wrong or did you mentioned "nude beach" when did Sg has a "nude beach"?

Let me know where and I can join you there. :D:lol:

Er... I think sun tanning studios in a sunny island is just stupid

Aiya....why you so SK?

Its the in thing now....

Aiyoh... in thing must follow meh?

I mean, I'm not disputing the fact that it is kinda ridiculous to have a tanning studio in a location where it's perpetual summer... but it's just faster than normal tanning.

And yeah, after reading the 'test skin type thing', you're right TC, it still does emit UV rays. My bad.

I thought UV rays are the ones that make you tan? But I guess it is like smoking, the direct link to cancer is not medically established.

But one thing to note is that tanning DOES cause premature aging of the skin.

Jealousy is when you realise the things you don't have.

Envy is when you realise the things you'd never have.

-Nip/Tuck

I have been to STS a few times. I agree that the staff there are very friendly and helpful and the whole place is not too bad, though a bit small and cramped. And you get to see cute guys most of the time. :B) But the price is really quite steep, as with all indoor tanning parlours in Singapore.

Actually suntanning, whether indoor or outdoor, can be equally harmful. I suggest using self tanners as another alternative. Works well and is not harmful at all. :thumb:

Spray tan guys... it's the best for that tanned look and no harmful UV rays. I like being tanned- not too dark but the sun-kissed look.  ;)

Spray tans work great i find given how far the science and technology behind it has progressed. I recommend- L'Oreal.

I don mind abit of tan as I don wanna get under the sun too much. At my age, sun spot will appear easily. BUt is spray-tan harmless or as harmful?? Is it effective?

Read the Claire Oliver report. She is worried that she may not past her 26th b/day. But looking at her pic, she looks so good. So much better than some of the ppl i see around my office !! >> (ermm.. just to bitch abit )

Live A Life, Live it Well. Be Forgiving, All will be Well.

Read the Claire Oliver report. She is worried that she may not past her 26th b/day. But looking at her pic, she looks so good. So much better than some of the ppl i see around my office !! >> (ermm.. just to bitch abit )

And she is no longer with us.

Think about it before paying more money to some hunky yandao to get some colour.

• 1 year later...
Guest Driclor

- Do a full body scrub before going for the tan then apply the normal sun tan lotion.

- Do a full body scrub before tanning, apply fragrance or anything that contains alcohol... this is not very advisable as it will burn your skin.

To gachi_muchi

i do go to sun tan saloon, but its about 20min and the effect is not that effective.

To Driclor

normally lotion or oil is more effective result?

thanks to the both of them for your help! :thumb:

There are 2 types of skins. One that tans easily while the other turns red like lobster.

Which one do you belong?

You won't see the effect of the tanning salon until after a few hours.

If I not wrong, in US there are spray tan salon. I am not sure if there are any here in Sg.

Mine is after tanning for 2hour, the skin is still like before.. the size of the swimming trunk does not appear really much.

in fact still the same like before tanning.

indoor tanning is fast, but it quite expensive. so was thinking to have a natural tan. :rolleyes:

i'm trying indoor tanning now. And yes, you do not get the look just after 1 or 2 sessions. It can take up to 6 sessions just to build that base tan. Especially for fair skin people who burns easily.

I prefer indoor tanning to get the effect quickly, ie, you get to tan nude for 10-20mins which is equivalent to 3-4hrs under the sun. No need to flip front and back in the pool or beach which means you get divided hours on your body. Expensive yes, but that the price for convenience and time. Once you get the base tan up, you can pop by beaches or pools bi-weekly or monthly just to maintain the tan.

Guest just checking

I heard those indoor tanning salons are like death shops giving you skin cancer. Not sure how valid/invalid these claims are.

I am not anti tanning salon, in fact I am very tempted to go myself.

People who want a nice tanned colour should refer to the ideal specimen I have. Wear a G-string, apply lotion on the cheeks, rub it in circular motion, leave the outer layer untouched and the color will swim neatly around and across the butt. If you still cannot get the color similar to mine, you are fxxked!!! :ph34r:

tanning salons in singapore is seriously overpriced.

i think natural tanning is of course still the best, but if time doesn't permit and i have money to spare, i will go tanning salons.

i have also tried fake tan. those self-tanning cream. if you do it correctly and get a good one, the tan can last a week without streaking. but the whole process is a chore.

Suntanningstudio (www.suntanningstudio.com.sg) is the cheapest among the 3 tanning salons in Singapore.

I am paying a monthly fee of $70 for unlimited number of tanning sessions for 3 years. Of course, this promotion was loooooong over. You can pop by the studio to ask them about the price and latest promotion.

Edited by sgboy82

sigh...my tan don last long....my skin turned reddish orange after sun-tan...then it becomes pale after sometime....so sad...

I think that is normal for starters. Alternatively, you could have tanned for too long till you are sun-burned. Alot of people think they can achieve a tan the next day if they stay longer under the sun. In the end, what you get is not a tan but burnt skin. No point in over tanning, once you get burned, your skin peels, you are back to square one with fresh pale skin. Its better to do it slowly over a period of time. After every tan, moisturizer have to be applied coz the skin can get very dry and starts peeling even without a burn. Once your skin gets accustom, the peeling stops.

I chose fabulous tan for their convenient locations. They have many packages and if you can find people to share the package with you, the price per tan is actually quite reasonable.

• 8 months later...

Recently, i am thinking of going to try out indoor sun tanning studio in singapore. Any idea which one has good service and a good price ? Fabulous Tan, Bronz Tanning Studio or Indoor Tanning Studio ? Which one has the most celebrities or singapore bodybuilders going there for tanning ? :rolleyes:

the one with the most publicity and celebrities going should be Fabulous. but i have been signing packages with sun tanning studio for yrs. so far so gd thats why don't bother to go elsewhere. they have gd discounts during holiday period or your birthday.

i usually wait for their 10 + 10 package. although they have rules that u can only use tanning lotion bought from them. but buying them from ebay is definitely much cheaper. i remember i bought 2 bottles of tanning lotion; step 1 and step 2 the first time i sign up with them. its about $300+ just for the lotion. subsequently i have been buying from ebay. it cost less then a hundred plus shipping.

i still have many unused sessions which is going to expire soon. pm me if you would like to try out.

Just a few questions.

1) What's the duration for each tanning session ?

2) Does any service staff helps you to apply the lotion evenly on your body ?

Some area cannot be reached like the upper middle of your back.

3) Does it feel very hot in the tanning machine and just like under the sun ?

4) What type of tanning machine you prefer ? The bed type or the standing compartment type ?

Thanks

Just a few questions.

Some area cannot be reached like the upper middle of your back.

4) What type of tanning machine you prefer ? The bed type or the standing compartment type ?

Thanks

1) Max of 14 mins + 3 mins cool-down

2) You wish :P

3) No. There is a fan on top blowing you (pun intended)

4) Standing type cos I think it's more even

Just a few questions.

15mins per session. for first timer 10-12mins to prevent sunburn. sometimes i opt for 15min + 5min.

i usually apply it myself because the hunky staff at suntanning studio is no longer there.

you can set the fan to the max. some tanning lotion give a cooling effect + fan blowing. its very cooling.

definitely the standing type for a better tan. suntanning studio no longer use the bed type.

Edited by jerra

i usually apply it myself because the hunky staff at suntanning studio is no longer there.

got hunky staff meh? but i must say that the staffs at STS are very nice, and they dun tend to hardsell, not like another tanning salon. haven't been to bronz by the way.

What are the stuff to bring there ? Own towel and toiletries ? Do the tanning studio has bathing facilities to wash off the sweat ? What's the best tanning lotion that gives a golden brown tan ?

no need to bring anything. they will provide you with towel. toiletries are provided in the locker area. yes the locker area includes the bathing facilities. there are step 1, 2 and 3 lotions. step 1 is for beginners new to tanning or those who does not have a base tan. step 2 is to darken the base tan. step 3 i think is for maintenance. the staffs there will be able to provide you with more info.

you can go to these websites for more info:

http://www.suntanningstudio.com

http://www.indoortanning.com.sg

http://www.bronz.com.sg

Be very careful because if someone hates you and lock you inside the tanning equipment, you could literally be burnt alive!

nonsense. the tanning lamps will off automatically once the session ends and the door can be pushed open from inside.

pls dun walk out nude from the tanning machine. cos although the majority are guys, there are ladies as well, after all it's a unisex place. must wrap yourself in towel even if u are wearing underneath. :rolleyes:

got hunky staff meh? but i must say that the staffs at STS are very nice, and they dun tend to hardsell, not like another tanning salon. haven't been to bronz by the way.

yes but i no longer see him there anymore. that was long ago. i remember asking him to help me apply sunblock on my new tattoo which is on my back. i only been to bronz and STS to check out the prices before my first indoor tanning session. Bronz price is way higher then STS. so i only stick to STS until now.

Edited by jerra

hunky or no hunky staff......sorry to be a wet blanket but read this (Source: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914188,00.html )

i think everyone knows about the danger of sun tanning in the sun or in the indoor tanning studio.

for everything we do, there is bound to have danger. But no choice, for those that like to look tan will still continue to tan.

Anyway, i had signed up with Bronz tanning studio. The staffs are helpful.

At every visit, i'm never be shy to ask the staff to apply the lotion on my back. They have 5 to 6 staff and luck draw see who can help me lor ha ha :rolleyes:

Edited by ixmog

i think everyone knows about the danger of sun tanning in the sun or in the indoor tanning studio.

for everything we do, there is bound to have danger. But no choice, for those that like to look tan will still continue to tan.

At every visit, i'm never be shy to ask the staff to apply the lotion on my back. They have 5 to 6 staff and luck draw see who can help me lor ha ha :rolleyes:

Hi ixmog,

you may want to try gorgeous solarium along duxton road.

more for some of those people who are not aware.......won't be surprised that some people are not aware if got contestant to a national wide pageant dunno that the Merlion is a mythological creature created by Singapore Tourism Promotion board and can still guess that the Merlion became extinct in 1965......

if u need volounteers to apply on the front let me know.....or the staff would likely fight over the chance already.

@Chunky Munkey

I had signed up with Bronz and I don't think I wanna change for the moment. Fabulous Tan is definately out of my consideration as it is the most expensive. Thanks for the suggestion.

if u need volounteers to apply on the front let me know.....or the staff would likely fight over the chance already.

ha ha ... I don't need extra service to apply lotion on the front. Applying on my back is good enough.

Anyway, I tan nude. I never like tan lines. I'm now in the process of getting a base tan to even out the tee shirt tanlines I got it from the Phuket trip. Hmm ... I quite satisfy with the result after 2 sessions. I'm getting that golden bronze tan. Seriously, I'm not into those pro-bodybuilder tan colours. They had deep dark brown tan which I think it's too extreme. Isn't golden brown french fries or McNuggets tan colour nice ? :rolleyes:

I'm using a tanning lotion named Dark Secrets by the brand Swedish Beauty but also manufactured by the company Australian Gold. This lotion has a 3 times bronzer DermaDark which doesn't stain clothes or streak your skin if it wears off. Not like some sunless tanning lotion which leaves your skin orangee or yellowish colour with streak pattern on your skin when it wears off. It has a mild light frangrance of cocoa butter which doesn't empower one's nose. It is also moisturizing and so it's good to leave it on after the tan till end of the day I get a shower. A good recommended product for indoor tanning. Anyway, Australian Gold is the main company manufacturing tanning lotions for the brand Swedish Beauty, California Tan and Carribeen Gold. Buying tanning lotion from the Internet is much cheaper.

After tanning, in order to keep the tan, I need to maintain my skin well moisturized. There are after tan lotions which they called

it Tan Extender. Basically, these lotions are moisturizer made from hemp seed or sunflower seed. Some moisturizer has additional bronzer in it. Therefore, you get another boost of bronze. :lol: Anyway, I'm using the Carribeen Gold Pretty 101 tan extender moisturizer. Also, lightly frangrance.

Finally, I do not know, will I catch more attention in the gym's men locker room when I take off my clothes.

Vanity ? I don't deny :rolleyes:

• G_M changed the title to Indoor Sun Tanning (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.