Male HQ

Tea

Guest Gay Teapot

Guest Gay Teapot

Anyone craze about it as in: you went to buy books about it, you have several tea sets (pots, holders, scoup, stand, saucer and everything associated with it. You visited tea shops, tea chapter and tea palour. You talked philosophy about it, chat with your friends and study its history. You drink it everyday - morning, afternoon and night.

I am not just referring to Chinese tea but English tea as well. So are you one of them?

Anyone craze about it as in: you went to buy books about it, you have several tea sets (pots, holders, scoup, stand, saucer and everything associated with it. You visited tea shops, tea chapter and tea palour. You talked philosophy about it, chat with your friends and study its history. You drink it everyday - morning, afternoon and night.

I am not just referring to Chinese tea but English tea as well. So are you one of them?

well.. I don't have a craze about it. But I do enjoy a hot cup of Earl Grey anytime.. Nothing like the scent of bergamot in your tea.. :P

I am familiar with some tea, and was taught a bit about it when i shopped at a cha zhuang some years ago.

did buy a tea set then, but gave it to a friend in the US after i graduated.

Did continue to brew and enjoy chinese and non-chinese tea. Japanese, English, Sri Lankan tea etc. And maybe hold a beginer's chat about it, philosophy maybe can share a bit, but not too deep...

And a close friend even taught me to EAT a bowl of tea too... not sure it that's pulling my leg tho...but i tried... not bad... but din do it often ... still have those leaves wif me...

sentimental reasons - they are just sitting there reminding me of him every time i see it.

:B)

my 1st ex is a tea lover, n a tea trader too. he got the knowledge from 1 of his best friend, a professional tea/antique collector/trader. during the time with him got many tea tasting sessions n now after reading this it called back my memories and re-arouse my interest about tea.

any1 here is looking 4 tea buddy? juz a couple cups of tea for a lazy but healthy morning/afternoon/evening?

**btw i've forgotten all relavent knowledge about tea since it happen many years ago...

Guest Gay teapot

any1 here is looking 4 tea buddy? juz a couple cups of tea for a lazy but healthy morning/afternoon/evening?

I don't mind having tea session with gay fellow every Saturday morning or afternoon and sample simple delicacies.

My colleagues called me a TEA MAN.

Not that i dislike coffee, I suffered from head ache after taking coffee.

Tea, so refreshing and the fragrance blend very well with one's emotion.

My chef always prepared the washabi prawns with diced strawberries, kiwis with green tea mayonnaise and a few mint leaves.

There are so many tea lounges where I have met so many wonderful friends.

Edited by GKS

I love tea...but only if it's the traditional kopi tiam style - ie. strong brew and milky - ala teh si gao or a frothy teh tarik! It's my daily lunch-time fix to pull me thru the afternoon, and my usual sat/sunday tea time fix. Any teh aficionados want to share a tea session, give me a holler! :)

• 2 years later...

My parents are major tea freaks lovers. I like tea too but am usually too lazy to make it. I do like my Nespresso machine.

But if you are a tea connoisseur, go check out Tea Bone Zen Min, run by Ms. Carrie Chen. It used to be at Seah Street but is now at Hoot Kiam Road, I believe. I haven't been to the new premises at Hoot Kiam, but the Seah Street venue was (in a word) fabulous if you ever managed to get a table. Prices aren't cheap though: a small pot of tea for one person can cost upwards of $30, if you want the good stuff. Tea aside, I highly recommend the cucumber sandwiches there - a traditional English accompaniment to tea. TBZM's is the best I've tasted anywhere, including Claridges in London.

Carrie has studied at tea institutes in China, Taiwan and Japan, and fxxk does she know her stuff. She has this amazing story about when she studied tea in Japan: the Japanese are so exacting that for the final examination, she had to perform the tea ceremony in a pitch dark room. During the exam, Carrie was so practiced that she knew despite the $!^*| darkness, that she had spilled one drop of tea ... and what's more scary is that she knew her examiner also knew despite the darkness that a drop of tea had been spilled. But she passed anyway.

By the way, I don't think very much of TWG. Slick imitation of Harrods packaging and clever marketing still can't cover up what is rather mediocre stuff. If you read the fine print, you'll realize that the "1837" date they use is NOT the founding date of the company - it's when Singapore's Chamber of Commerce was established. TWG was founded in 2008 by .... The Wellness Group of spa and rapid weight loss fame (now you know what "TWG" stands for).

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

lolx thc for the tips for me i go to TWG ambience and cuz its central but their selection of tea is ok i would say but still pricey...normally go to longrun at marina sq for weekly dose on tea and relaxation...

we all wear masks to protect and deceive how many masks do you have with you today?

according to my tea-loving friend, TWG is good IF you don't take their usual blends, but instead opt for their high-end single estate teas. that, and if you don't get served by some clueless waiter who try to lie to you when you enquire about availability of new batches of first flushes in the height of winter. heh.

the tea egg (茶叶蛋) at TBZM is really good too!

jingle-bitch screwed me over

go to hell jingle-whore

go to hell

go to hell

go to he-l-l

according to my tea-loving friend, TWG is good IF you don't take their usual blends, but instead opt for their high-end single estate teas. that, and if you don't get served by some clueless waiter who try to lie to you when you enquire about availability of new batches of first flushes in the height of winter. heh.

the tea egg (茶叶蛋) at TBZM is really good too!

I dunno .... single estate teas are to me rather a bit of a marketing ploy, much the same as single malt whiskeys.

Probability is that no single tea estate will produce leaf possessing of all the qualities that make a good cuppa - too much tannin, too little tannin, not enough body, poor colouration, lacking in fragrance, too strong fragrance, etc.

The art of the tea blend is to balance these different attributes - at least for fermented teas. Otherwise, as one whiskey expert put it to me, one is basically eating flour, milk, sugar, eggs and cream separately, instead of a cake.

There are tea varieties, which are best unblended among varieties, but these are almost never single estate. Darjeeling for example... there's no estate "Darjeeling". This ain't Chateau La Tour. Instead, tea of the Darjeeling variety is harvested from the Darjeeling hills, from many different estates and then blended.

Sorry, but just my opinion - really ain't feeling TWG. Twinings is a much better brand, as are Fortnums and Whittard's, for English teas.

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

mmm. i like TWG for their wide range. yet to find one that i really like. still exploring? lol.

wanna go tgt some day looking for tea buddies to go out with as well and explore the various kinds of tea tt is there...PM me if interested...

Edited by crazyfreak

we all wear masks to protect and deceive how many masks do you have with you today?

mmm. i like TWG for their wide range. yet to find one that i really like. still exploring? lol.

Which ones have you tried?

wanna go tgt some day looking for tea buddies to go out with as well and explore the various kinds of tea tt is there...PM me if interested...

How do you plan to do so? Tea with afternoon tea? :P

Instagram @the_meowprince

me Pleabean tea lover...

likes nice fragrant and strong cuppa tea - English style

chinese style

and limited Japanese style... no tea ceremonies... if you are thirsty... you die waiting for Jap tea ceremony to serve you tea... unless you step in only at the end... :)

and good chinese tea and tea art... is nice to know ... and to be able to identify the major chinese teas, like Kun Yam tea, vs Jasmine, vs pu eh, is about the limit of my knowledge...

the velvety lingerings of good chinese tea i've tried... and even bought some home with a chinese tea set to drink and taste at my leisure... I just cannot fathom doing 'tea' at tea houses - NOISY and full of chattering people no matter how 'muted'

at the most, tea even for japanese tea ceremony especially - limited to 2 persons... best practice... unless your tea house is 2 pax per room... wao... you got to be PAYING for the privacy... I just do it at home after shooing everyone off to sleep haha... or early in the morning or morning off when no one is home... is best time for tea... at the prices of medium grade chinese tea... enough for a good drink...

lolx it is quite a secluded tea house frm my exp nt many ppl turn up there...the marina sq one i mean and they hv the chinese tea set juz no fragrence appreciation juz tea appreciation if u get what i mean...

Which ones have you tried? How do you plan to do so? Tea with afternoon tea? :P

hur. erm. i dun really rmb. i'll rmb if i see the menu. LOL! TWG really has lots of tea! =s

we'll see uh? im quite busy as of late. oh and if you wanna try TWG teas, you can go shangri la for their high tea buffet at rose veranda. go google. it may be pricey but its worth it on weekdays.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

Am into tea, all kinds. Drink tea everyday, Chinese, English, Jap green tea, floral tea. If English tea, love to hv it with biscuits, scones or a nice piece of pastry, cake :) ... one of my pleasure in life. Don't mind having nice tea session with good company :)
if you all want y nt can suggesta place to sit and hv a good chat over a good cup of tea...m up for tt...but nt too pricey tho...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Zaihan Kariyani

I'm a tea lover, and have about 3 cups of green tea a day. Shouldn't have more than 5 cups, for you tea lovers.

Not sure if you all know this, but it's probably best to skip the milk when drinking tea. Here's an article on that:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6241139.stm

I haven't had white tea though. Any recommendations of where to get it?

for me i go TWG wide selection of various mixes and blends...traditional chinese Bai Mu Dan is a ind of white tea if i m nt wrong you can try tt its sold at teadot and most tea shops

Okay. Thanks!

Do you guys use leaf tea or tea bags?

I find for green tea, the bags always taste way too bitter.

I guess some people prefer less bitter brews. But for me I like my green tea strong with a good dose of bitterness however, when it comes to black teas like the english breakfasts, I like it medium with just a hint of bitterness, no sugar of course :)

Guest Zaihan Kariyani

I do enjoy bitterness, of the right degree, and in a good brew. But I find sometimes the bitterness overpowers everything else on the flavour profile. Can't detect the fragrance and the nuttiness or other traces. Ends up as a collective 'yuck', haha.

White and green teas supposedly taste horrible when brewed with boiling water. But for the black teas, I agree with you Sibelius, a hint of bitterness is nice. I'm not a fan of English-style tea where it's super strong, and the only way to make it palatable is to add sugar and milk.

true green and white teausually brewed with water at 80 to 90 degrees to prevent damage to the leaves...black tea i prefer the darjeeling or assam nice flavour to it...blue tea or oolong, and aged/compress tea usually pu er tea is also not bad for cleansing and quite refreshing but prefer the red, whit and green teas though...anyone tried yellow tea?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.