Male HQ

Japanese Roasted Barley Tea ( Mugicha )

Guest PictureHouse

Guest PictureHouse

I have recently discovered that apart from the famous Japanese Green Tea, there's this very ncie to drink all-matural Japanese Roasted Barlet Tea called Mugicha.

In chinese, we call it " Mai 4 Cha 2 "

Anyone also drinks it daily ?

I understand that we can buy it in Singapore ?

I searched NTUC and Carrefour but to no avail.

Grateful if you can share where to buy and which brand is premium?

Also, may I make ICED version of this tea? Do I need to boil it and allow it to simmer?

Also, may I make ICED version of this tea? Do I need to boil it and allow it to simmer?

麦茶,Barley Tea available at Daiso, Meidi-Ya, Isetan, Yamakawa Super or any Korean supermarkets. Suggest U get the teabags, teabags also come in Hot and Cold versions.

People who are lazy can get the cold water version from Daiso(5 tube-bags for $2), very handy for office use, just place the tube-bag into 1 litre water, within 3 hrs u will have a Iced version.

4126.jpg

hatuburetukurikata.gif

For Hot version, normally 1 teabag can brew 1 big pot.. When you are more familiar with the tea, get the beans instead of getting teabags.

barley_tea-----currythecat.com2.JPG

Japanese Barley Tea

barleytea.jpg

Korean Barley Tea

Edited by nvms

Guest PictureHouse

Thank Q soooo much.

I think I'll get this from Meidiya trmw after work.

I had my first cup when I was in 3 GDS camp last time. My room mate offered me a cup after outr training and I felt so good.

I thought it was heaty as the burnt taste is quite easy to taste.

But after reading , learnt that its supposed to be a cooling tea.

Guess I 'll grab the authentic tea bag version 1st.

Heard that brewing the tea hot will give it a more distinct taste and stronger brew.

麦茶,Barley Tea available at Daiso, Meidi-Ya, Isetan, Yamakawa Super or any Korean supermarkets. Suggest U get the teabags, teabags also come in Hot and Cold versions.

People who are lazy can get the cold water version from Daiso(5 tube-bags for $2), very handy for office use, just place the tube-bag into 1 litre water, within 3 hrs u will have a Iced version.

4126.jpg

hatuburetukurikata.gif

For Hot version, normally 1 teabag can brew 1 big pot.. When you are more familiar with the tea, get the beans instead of getting teabags.

barley_tea-----currythecat.com2.JPG

Japanese Barley Tea

barleytea.jpg

Korean Barley Tea

• 7 years later...

Barley is also known to be used to treat boils when applied directly to the skin. When consumed as roasted barley tea, the barley tea can be beneficial to treat a wide variety of common ailments. Barley tea benefits are innumerable. It helps preventing certain types of cancers, regulates blood sugar levels, treating constipation and keep bowel movements regular and many more...

any diff in the benefit btw barley tea and water?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 3 months later...
On 2009-10-11 at 8:11 PM, Guest PictureHouse said:

I have recently discovered that apart from the famous Japanese Green Tea, there's this very ncie to drink all-matural Japanese Roasted Barlet Tea called Mugicha.

In chinese, we call it " Mai 4 Cha 2 "

Anyone also drinks it daily ?

I understand that we can buy it in Singapore ?

Not only barley tea is effective. Barley water also benefits for weight loss, kidney stones and many more. 
Barley water benefits our health in many ways and may aid in weight loss as well. Barley water is obtained from boiling barley grains in water. Barley water is made from its whole grain, and is as healthy as the cereal itself. This simple healthy drink contains the goodness of nutrients like manganese, selenium, folate (vitamin B9), thiamin, iron, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, copper, and much more. It is also rich in dietary fiber that is favorable to those with a diabetic condition and aids in weight loss as well. It keeps the body well-hydrated, and because of its natural cooling and detoxing properties, it has become a popular health drink.

• 5 months later...
On 09/02/2017 at 3:29 PM, Emmac said:

Barley is also known to be used to treat boils when applied directly to the skin. When consumed as roasted barley tea, the barley tea can be beneficial to treat a wide variety of common ailments. Barley tea benefits are innumerable. It helps preventing certain types of cancers, regulates blood sugar levels, treating constipation and keep bowel movements regular and many more...

On 11/05/2017 at 4:53 PM, Emmac said:

Not only barley tea is effective. Barley water also benefits for weight loss, kidney stones and many more. 
Barley water benefits our health in many ways and may aid in weight loss as well. Barley water is obtained from boiling barley grains in water. Barley water is made from its whole grain, and is as healthy as the cereal itself. This simple healthy drink contains the goodness of nutrients like manganese, selenium, folate (vitamin B9), thiamin, iron, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, copper, and much more. It is also rich in dietary fiber that is favorable to those with a diabetic condition and aids in weight loss as well. It keeps the body well-hydrated, and because of its natural cooling and detoxing properties, it has become a popular health drink.

Thanks.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 10/19/2017 at 12:34 AM, Guest hihi said:

you can buy the teabags at Daiso

talking about barley teabags at Daiso, i somehow feel that it tastes like coffee. it's somewhat different from the "barley tea" i drink from jap/korean restaurants. anyone tried before?

Be cool, like a breeze...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.