Male HQ

Mio Tv Vs Starhub

Guest cable

Hello all,

I'm currently on starhub, but thinking of switching to mio tv, particularly the supersavers chinese pack for my parents.

anyone here a current subscriber and can give me some feedback before i decide on the switch?

cheers!

just curious, what kind of mandarin programmes does mio tv have?

i am with starhub too, very used to their mandarin/taiwan programmes, so much so that i've become a fan of these channels, like ch 46, 52, 54, 55 and 56.

here's the link...

http://mio.singtel.com/miotv/price-plan_new-supersaver-pack.asp#chinese

What I'm interested is content-wise of these channels, which I can't really find much info

it's definitely cheaper than starhub,

rental is free for 1st box (as opposed to $4 for Stahub)

2nd box rental is less than $6 (as opposed to $12 for Stahub)

on that alone I will save $10 a month!

PLUS starhub in my experience is NOT flexible at all with my payment, and will breathe down your neck before the month is up. singtel at least gives you another extra month leeway.

My parents are also used to those Starhub channels you mentioned, but the high cost and rigid bill payment is giving me much stress. So I'm hoping that content-wise the ones from mio tv is just as good, so I won't feel guilty doing the switch for my parents.

I know most are on Starhub now, so I'm hoping to get some feedback from mio tv subscribers.

you can google the respective channels info to catch a glimpse of the content (eg search ETTV Asia) and see whether your parents like them.

I am under the impression that Starhub gotten the better of the Chinese channels since they started first. But looking at what Singtel is doing to EPL and soccer, they are cash-rich enough to snatch other better channels from Starhub.

Cost is important but if your folks doesnt like the channels, all the money will be wasted

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Thank you guys for your response and suggestions.

Yes, Starhub does have the edge (for the moment) with regards to their Chinese channels, especially in terms of variety shows. The BIG plus for that Mio Tv package is the many Hokkien dramas that my parents will enjoy.

oralb, I so get your point about cost vs enjoyment, that's my dilemma now. And yes, I can foresee them continue to be aggressive and snatch more channels from Starhub when those respective contracts end.

superflawless, I'm so with you on the high set top box rental (it's about 1/3 of my monthly subscription!). I really don't understand them charging 2 times more for an additional box. They should instead encourage customers to have more boxes in their homes and reward them with better pricing. Have you gotten a reply from them yet? Do let me know if you do. I won't pin much hope on that. In my experience, they really take their existing customers for granted, and give WAY MORE attention to getting new ones.

• 12 years later...

I am with StarHub for many years now, because I am stuck with their Hong Kong Jade channel in cantonese. 

But lately their pricing has gone up and the most annoying thing they also high -jack the original advertisement in   

channel and chuck the local boring advertisement in it. So despicable and unprofessional!!!

I was thinking of switching to SingTel, but not sure they doing the same annoying thing! 

Anyone with SingTel also subscribe Hong kong Jade channel can share your feedback? 

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2021 at 1:17 PM, gstringuy26 said:

I am with StarHub for many years now, because I am stuck with their Hong Kong Jade channel in cantonese. 

But lately their pricing has gone up and the most annoying thing they also high -jack the original advertisement in   

channel and chuck the local boring advertisement in it. So despicable and unprofessional!!!

I was thinking of switching to SingTel, but not sure they doing the same annoying thing! 

Anyone with SingTel also subscribe Hong kong Jade channel can share your feedback? 

Basic chinese pack plus tvb is about 30.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 9:41 AM, gstringuy26 said:

Sounds more reasonable than paying Starhub $45 plus! 

I watch tvb 90% . 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.