Male HQ

Hong Kong - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

oralb

That's because we are old lol.

Will be in HKG from Oct 17-19. Anyone for char-siu bao? :)

Char-siu bao? That could turn so suggestive. I think many would prefer Enelym's bao (buns) instead.

Guest Coincidence

Will be in HK 12 - 16 Oct too.

Hope SQ gives me a cake for my birthday. Lol. Just joking.

How come Azimuth's and Enelym's trips often end up during the same time? Same (or overlapping) dates for both HK and Taiwan trip. Plain coincidence, telepathy or one stalking the other? Haha.

Both Enelym and Azimuth could start exploring those 2-to-go promotions since their trips often coincide.

How come Azimuth's and Enelym's trips often end up during the same time? Same (or overlapping) dates for both HK and Taiwan trip. Plain coincidence, telepathy or one stalking the other? Haha.

Both Enelym and Azimuth could start exploring those 2-to-go promotions since their trips often coincide.

Hello Mr Guest, you have very good observation.

Maybe what I will do when I board my plane to Hong Kong in Oct will be to go to every seat and ask the passenger if he is stalking me and discover if we have amazing telepathy with each other.

Thanks for the money saving tip. Perhaps I may discover passengers on that flight who want to travel with me and explore the ends of this world sometime in the not too distant future. :-)

A short report on ABC Sauna while I was there:

Entry was $130. I went in the early afternoon on a Saturday, and left around 5 pm. The crowd there was not big, but it was international. At the very least, I heard a Japanese and a Caucasian making such loud noises in the other room, but anyways...

Place was clean, and the crowd was quite mixed, with all shapes, sizes and nationalities. The steam room was small, but several people can go in for fun. The dark area (it is not really a maze) is not big, as with most HK Saunas, but there was a room with a sling. Cabins were spacious enough for two people. Shower area had space for five to shower at the same time. 

Guest jogger

My buns not famous, lol

Aya Azi, postpone for a few days haha.

SQ never does anything... CX does upgrade or give little gifts on bday month :)

CX didnt give me a single wish (nevermind a cake) on my recent birthday trip either. I coincidentally flew them on my birthday. Cost cutting everywhere I guess

Guest hausanzai

Any recommendations for any cheap and good place to stay in?

Dude, if u dun mind small space and not claustrophobic, i will recommend those hostels in Chung king mansion(5min walk from TST MTR station), those are no frills hostels n its pretty comfortable

Guest hausanzai

Any recommendations for any cheap and good place to stay in?

Dude, if u dun mind small space and not claustrophobic, i will recommend those hostels in Chung king mansion(5min walk from TST MTR station), those are no frills hostels n its pretty comfortable

Curious what Chungking Mansion is all about, I went to make a recce.

I would never recommend anyone to stay at those hostels in Chungking Mansion unless you enjoy waiting for your lift at the common lobby perpetually crowded with another 200 people of all nationalities - blacks, whites, SE Asians, Central Asians, Chinamen, Middle Easterns, locals etc, etc..... and all speaking in their own language.  However, the sight, sound and smell is really something not found anywhere else.

Errrrr seriously, I would not even walk in there... it looks dirty and it does have all these foreigners walking in and out all the time. I wonder how safe it is to leave your belongings in there. Location is great though, right in TST, opposite iSquare and all but I went there once, ground floor, for a photography shop and I didn't like at all the feel and atmosphere inside...

More like a backpacker place, with lots of people who look like they are homeless...

Bridal Tea House has a few hotels around HK, and they are relatively cheap and clean and "big" for small budget hotels. Starts at $70-$90 per night for example.

Not sure what you call cheap though lol

Otherwise you have hostels and guest houses. Tiny rooms with sometimes shared bathroom.... TST, Mong Kok, Jordan, even Causeway Bay. $40-$70 per night.

Note that I've never stayed in those... just listing a few examples that my booking engine found for a weekend stay, Fri-Sun for 2. :)

If you're willing to fork out a bit more $140-170 you can easily get one of the Holiday Inn Express, which are quite well located: Sheung Wan, Central, Causeway Bay, etc...

The Traders is also sometimes affordable but not near a MTR station...

Edited by Enelym1978

First time Visited Shnaghai Onsen located in Sheung Wan this afternoon,it is very clean,staff are very nice. I had a full body scrub and 1.5hours massage. The masseur is the one who scrub my back,the massage was really good but if you are looking for something else then it is not the right place. I've tried one in Jordon, the masseur will offer extra.

Perhaps It is around 4.00pm,i am the only customer in the Shanghai Onsen, there are about 4 customers when i leave at 6pm. Total cost over $600 and I tipped the masseur $100.

Curious what Chungking Mansion is all about, I went to make a recce.

I would never recommend anyone to stay at those hostels in Chungking Mansion unless you enjoy waiting for your lift at the common lobby perpetually crowded with another 200 people of all nationalities - blacks, whites, SE Asians, Central Asians, Chinamen, Middle Easterns, locals etc, etc..... and all speaking in their own language.  However, the sight, sound and smell is really something not found anywhere else.

Yes even locals would avoid Chungking mansion but heard the curry is worth trying though...

Anyone know if saunas will be empty or crowded during CNY period for hong kong? I am deciding between going Hong kong or BKK during this period.

I have been travelling to Shanghai and Hong Kong for CNY in the past few years.

I prefer Shanghai as I played with fire crackers.

And mind you, most of the shops are OPEN for business in that Nanjing LU Walking Street.

However for all the song and dance, Hong Kong has more to offer.

First day of CNY - floats along TST.

Second day of CNY - fireworks at the harbour.

Next year i.e. 2014, CNY falls on a Friday 31st Jan.

How many days do I need .... 

Shall we have a group tour with like-minded friends ....

PM me ...

It would be interesting to see 

hi, i'm travelling to HK soon and i'd appreciate any recommendations for a professional massage by male masseurs who are not pushy on the extras. thanks guys.

hi, i'm travelling to HK soon and i'd appreciate any recommendations for a professional massage by male masseurs who are not pushy on the extras. thanks guys.

I've tried one home based male masseur located in Jordan area. Ver clean and nice person, he only charge hk150 per hour, HE also available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Great thread. I'm going to be in Hong Kong between 1 - 6 Dec (during the week) and I'm staying near Causeway bay. Which is the best saunas to visit on HK island? Seems like all the good one are in Mong Kok/Kowloon side.

Any recommendation for hot masseur would be welcome :)

SIN-HKG-SIN S$280 all-inclusive with 25% mileage accrual (pathetic but at least it's something) on CX if you book using a HSBC card.

And the timings ain't too bad. You can get CX650/CX736 (7/10am) outbound and CX711/715 (4/8pm) inbound. I generally prefer the 8am ex-SIN but at $280 what more can I ask for.

Edited by takeitoff

SIN-HKG-SIN S$280 all-inclusive with 25% mileage accrual (pathetic but at least it's something) on CX if you book using a HSBC card.

And the timings ain't too bad. You can get CX650/CX736 (7/10am) outbound and CX711/715 (4/8pm) inbound. I generally prefer the 8am ex-SIN but at $280 what more can I ask for.

So cheap!!! and yielding 25% miles!!! Too bad all my weekends are taken till end of year and can't really plan for 2014 yet.... 

Yeah same. I refuse to book trips more than 2 months in advance. There can only be a max of 60 days between the day I book my ticket and the day I return.

Only exception being if I just switched jobs joined another company, around 1 month into the job I'm willing to extend the criteria to 90 days. Because you can't really take leave within the first 3 months, and when you hit one month you probably know if you're staying there for some time or not.

I tried to search n managed to get 0115h flight to hk but come back flight is 1425h in end nov. $280 really cheap! Even non promo price also only $362 n u can get to choose all flight timing. Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

I also booked CX to go HK for sgd300 in exchange for red eye flight (0115am flight for both ways)

I dun like 0115h flight, took few times before n really bad for health. Cos imagine eating inflight meal at 230am! Also cannot rest well. Tis hsbc promo to hk can bk tix until 2 dec, so still got time to plan.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Indeed. Just don't have an HSBC card. Haha. I wonder if they do check when making payment online.

Maybe can use other person hsbc card?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Anyone heard about Middle Bay Hongkong? someone told me it is gay beach, how gay is the beach?

I will be in Hongkong 1 day/1 nite, done most stuffs so thinking something new, so wondering how is the gay beach will be.

And how to get there?

---------------------------------------------------------
Ordinary Next Door Guy - Baby Stocky - who love massage - Learnt Massage to know correct points - Thinking to have massage exchange or helping other who need massage. Staying in Melbourne till 2016.

Anyone heard about Middle Bay Hongkong? someone told me it is gay beach, how gay is the beach?

I will be in Hongkong 1 day/1 nite, done most stuffs so thinking something new, so wondering how is the gay beach will be.

And how to get there?

Quick search, found three gay beach in hk. One is middle bay in hk island next to repulse. Another is south bay beach which near middle bay beach. And last one is cheung sha beach located south coast of lantau island. Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

if you're going to hk anytime soon you still have a shot at going to the beaches. somehow it's unnaturally hot for november. it went up to the high 20s this weekend. ive heard of cheung sha wan but it's not entirely gay though, you have to find the correct part

i did overhear some locals talk about a nude beach in hk (also at lantau) when i was at deja vu last year, but given my pathetic cantonese and semi drunken state i might have gotten a lot of facts wrong though

And how to get there?

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/beach/en/beach-address-south.php#middlebay

http://www.urban-outdoors.com/gay-beaches-in-hong-kong/

Between MB and SB, I find MB more obviously gay populated. Better crowd on weekends.

Haha. That's what happens when peak periods travel I guess. My experience is that most HK hotels are small anyway.

HK is ALWAYS peak period lol

Same with Singapore. Singapore has one of the highest average occupancy rate all year long together with one of the highest average rate per night, worldwide....

HK is ALWAYS peak period lol

Same with Singapore. Singapore has one of the highest average occupancy rate all year long together with one of the highest average rate per night, worldwide....

That I totally agree! HK is ALWAYS peak period! Hotels rates are forever on the high side.. Gosh, indeed everyone travelling to HK will hear their wallets screaming! LOL..

Looks like I'll be stopping by HKG on my way back from Seoul on Nov 30 - Dec 2.

Looking at hotels... my wallet is screaming already....

Trying to stay below $150 per night all in but even with this budget, you get tiny minuscule crappy ones... bleh.

Hk hotels always expensive no matter which mth of the yr. U can try ibis hotel or ywca, rates is below $150.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

yes. you know how most places have peak and off-peak seasons, hk has like peak and super peak only. hk is basically the only place which i really have to check for any conventions prior to booking an air ticket

i managed to get a last minute deal at the cityview for this month. looks good enough but with no loyalty program and being at YMT it's not that exciting

Edited by wailo

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.