Male HQ

Manuka Honey

Anyone here take Manuka Honey for health reasons?

Want to share your experience?

i started to buy from nature farm and take Manuka Honey since last year when my colleague mentioned to me

that the doctor asked her to take Manuka Honey when my colleague inform the doctor of her easy tiredness

nowadays.

i normally take UMF / active 20 and above which is good for general health especially throat or ulcers in your stomach.

i will take one plastic tablespoon (no metal spoon please) of the Manuka Honey with Royal Jelly early morning

with empty stomach. do not dilute the honey in the water and take the honey directly.

so far, i hardly have sore throat and feel not so tired after a hard day work :thumb:

(Note: the result may differ from individuals) but the price is very expensive :(

try it and see how it react in your body :D

Thanks.

But I'm surprised that the advise to your friend actually came from a doctor!

Seldom doctors give such advices.

Manuka Honey is very expensive! Those with UMF 15% and above are mostly around $50 for a small bottle! You only buy from Nature Farm? Ever tried other brands?

According to the Manuka website, it mentioned that its better to take the honey in the morning with some bread or toast with no liquid on an empty stomach rather than by itself. And one more time before going to bed.

I have some gastric problem (GERD) and a friend suggest that I try manuka honey. I have a preference to try natural remedies instead of taking medication. Just bought a bottle with 15% UMF @ $45 and had been taking it for a week now. Maybe I should buy the 20% UMF next time.

Thanks.

But I'm surprised that the advise to your friend actually came from a doctor!

Seldom doctors give such advices.

Manuka Honey is very expensive! Those with UMF 15% and above are mostly around $50 for a small bottle! You only buy from Nature Farm? Ever tried other brands?

According to the Manuka website, it mentioned that its better to take the honey in the morning with some bread or toast with no liquid on an empty stomach rather than by itself. And one more time before going to bed.

I have some gastric problem (GERD) and a friend suggest that I try manuka honey. I have a preference to try natural remedies instead of taking medication. Just bought a bottle with 15% UMF @ $45 and had been taking it for a week now. Maybe I should buy the 20% UMF next time.

i have not tried any brand except the brand Northisland from nature farm as the taste is good (some brand of manuka honey tastes awful). there are some brand which is cheaper.

Yes, it is a doctor from raffles medical that advises my colleague to try out the manuka honey :rolleyes:

i was only told not to use metal spoon as it will 'spoil' the honey and must be taken directly without diluting with water. i only take once in the morning as the manuka honey

is very expensive! so far, i only take UMF/active 24 and 30 all this while which cost me about sgd80 per 500gram bottle during promotion.

if it is for general health, UMF 15 is enough.

since you are having gastric problem, you should take higher UMF (20 and above) as mentioned by you above. the staff from nature farm also told me the same.

Hope you will get better after trying out the Manuka Honey.

Last year's harvest was bad so there are very few UMF20 in the market. Due to the shortage, you expect them to up the price.

Anything above 30 will not be sold to the public for it considered a controlled item.

These categories are used as sterilizing air spray in USA hospitals.

If you have sore throat only just take UMF 15 will do,but not effective for stomach ailments.

Take UMF 20 if you do have stomach/digestion related ailments.

For better results, take 5 drops of liquid propolis 10mins after the honey.

This combination is a very effective organic antibiotics, immune booster, detoxs and clears radicals in the body.It results overall a clearer complexion.

If you do have heartburn or gastric flu, it is also a very effective antidote.

Liquid propolis can be apply on wounds and cuts.

Propolis are from the manuka plant as well

Edited by TheVistors

For better results, take 5 drops of liquid propolis 10mins after the honey.

This combination is a very effective organic antibiotics, immune booster, detoxs and clears radicals in the body.It results overall a clearer complexion.

If you do have heartburn or gastric flu, it is also a very effective antidote.

Liquid propolis can be apply on wounds and cuts.

Propolis are from the manuka plant as well

Thanks

I heard of propolis too but no one suggested before to take it tgether with manuka honey, so, I think maybe I should try.

What is the rationale to take propolis 10 mins after the honey?

For manuka honey, it comes in different UMF grades, so when purchasing propolis, what should we be looking out for?

Where can we find quality propolis here?

Thanks.

Thanks

I heard of propolis too but no one suggested before to take it tgether with manuka honey, so, I think maybe I should try.

What is the rationale to take propolis 10 mins after the honey?

For manuka honey, it comes in different UMF grades, so when purchasing propolis, what should we be looking out for?

Where can we find quality propolis here?

Thanks.

Because manuka and propolis comes exclusive from NZ, make sure it is pack from NZ.

A friend gave me a bottle of propolis which he bought from JB - 34rm but it did not state its country origin but it seems to work against gastric flu. But again this by chance trial and error

Propolis - the purest form must be PROPOLIS TINTURE, the diluted ones will not state TINTURE but something like - alchohol free

all you need is to drip 5-7 drops into a glass of water(Not warm or hot). then quickly drink, then pour in somemore water to dissolve the

remainding ones still stick to the cup, and drink. Why remains? because it is so sticky like super glue it sticks to your cup and you will

have a hard time scrubbig it off. Thus i suggest you use disposal plastic cups.

Try brands like Welmary, Convita, and HnZ - which this the most expensive of the 3. They come in standard 25ml small bottle with a dripper

attached to the cover. Can last about 6wks. think its about $40??

Manuka - Experienced users will tell you that not all brands are honest.It may state umf 20 but it may be mixed with cheaper honey.

The texture may have sugary lumps or a dark golden brown smooth texture.But make sure it either is grown on organic soil or must be of

pharmacetical grade. Users will tell you usually the better or more expensive ones are the dark ones.But again I may be wrong its trial

and error and that it caters to individual body system. Same - the 3 above-mentioned brands. I rather you buy 15 or 20. Just a teasoup

will do. a 500gm bottle can last you 1mth. 20-30 mins before or 2hrs after food intake. Never use metal soup. There is a

chemical reaction that metal oxidizes the honey. If you suffer indigestion after food consumption, you can take the honey. Morning before

breakfast, at night before you sleep

Their combination - i have used it- gives me energy can i very seldom fall sick. But actually to tell you the truth- is for anti aging vainity reasons. Remember that kong fu drama series return of the condor hero(shen diao shia yu) that little dragon maiden - xiao long niu.

End of the long story when she was already 46 she never seems to age because if you read the novel, she was taking honey everyday!!!

Bitch

Edited by TheVistors

Something that is very good and i would like to share with you guys....

I bought this Propolis from GNC.

Your Powerful Immune Supporter.

Give your body the best that nature has to offer- Propolis is a natural antibacterial and antiviral agent,

great for relieving the sympoms associated with Colds & Flu, Coughs, and Sore Throats. Natural Life Propolis is now available in capsules, liquid and in combination with healing Manuka Honey.

Must Try It. :thumb:

Something that is very good and i would like to share with you guys....

I bought this Propolis from GNC.

Your Powerful Immune Supporter.

Give your body the best that nature has to offer- Propolis is a natural antibacterial and antiviral agent,

great for relieving the sympoms associated with Colds & Flu, Coughs, and Sore Throats. Natural Life Propolis is now available in capsules, liquid and in combination with healing Manuka Honey.

Must Try It. :thumb:

So you are taking the capsule or liquid form?

How you normally take it or you take it with manuka honey the way TheVistors mentioned?

I just bought a small bottle (alchohol free) for $40 in liquid form and will be taking it as suggested.

Please share your experience.

Thanks

propolis is very very difficult to take... got it stuck to my teeth and the taste was ... awful...

and it does not dissolve easily either... i can't take 5-7 drops per cup of anything... now i try to take one or two drops... per cup of milk... still... yeesh... hard to swollow

So you are taking the capsule or liquid form?

How you normally take it or you take it with manuka honey the way TheVistors mentioned?

I just bought a small bottle (alchohol free) for $40 in liquid form and will be taking it as suggested.

Please share your experience.

Thanks

Hi,

I took the capsule, its very easy to swallow. :thumb:

Manuka Honey is very good for health. You can also drink Manuka Honey too, which is available at Takashimaya Basement.

Manuka Honey is very expensive, it very good for health if you take long term. :thumb:

Last sunday while shopping, I walked into a chinese medical chain store Hock Hua, and found them also selling manuka honey.

Took a closer look, its a Deer brand from China and comes in several grades of UMF with the highest at 24% @ $78/500gm jar, not cheap!

Didn't buy cos not cheap, not sure and no confidence in this brand, was also thinking "China also got manuka honey meh?"

Anyone ever bought there before?

When you buy Manuka Honey, its best to get advise from the staff, by recommendation or the Brand that you had heard before. Manuka Honey made in Australia, New Zealand and Europe are the best and Highly Recommend. Best to do some reading, to get a better understanding of the products before purchases it because Manuka Honey is very expensive. You can get more information from GNC, the staff are very friendly and willing to help you should you have any doubts. I always go to GNC at Tiong Bahru Branch, Plaza Singapura. Look for the manager, she got very good product knowledge and helpful.

bought my 1st bottle of manuka today. plan to start consume tomm but not sure the correct method. sifu's here suggested best to take early morning without water, but every1 knew the best water intake practice is to drink min 300ml of plain water str8 after we woke up. so how? drink water 1st then manuka 30mins afterwards? or manuka 1st then water 30mins later?

Till today, the best manukas are still form NZ no doubt that other countries are cultivating manuka honey. The reason being is the soil.

The soil of NZ were formed from the volcanic activities where is a high sulphur and phospherous content.

If you ever notice, countries where there are volcanic activities, there are no snakes, because snakes detest the smell of sulphur, that if you pour sulphur powder on their sink, it burns them.

thanks ethan. had my 1st try of manuka this morning. taste fantastic! fall to it immediately! :thumb:

Remember don't scoop with a metal spoon, it'll spoil the honey!

And the spoon must be clean and dry.

Finishing my bottle of 15% MUF and going out this weekend for my next bottle.

Thinking of getting the 20% one.

The MUF 20% are so bloody expensive, around $70/500gm!

Anyone got good lobang?

Anyone got good lobang?

Yes. Totally Agree with 'cock brand'. One of my friend told me he use metal spoon and it spoil the honey.

Try Takashimaya Basement, very close to Harods Store, you can find alot of Manuka Honey. You might find something for yourself. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got good lobang?

You may want to try Tanjang Pagar.

Behind Craig road where the HDB shops/complex (behind the NTUC), there is a big pharmacy (on the left side) which specializes in medical /hospital stuff.

They do sell Manuka. Its pretty resonably prized.

hi all! found tat umf15 not strong enuf tats y bought umf25 yesterday n the taste not as good + not as thick as well. is it common?

What do you mean by "not strong enough"?

I'm taking the 20umf now, its very thick and firm (when you scoop, you leave a hole inside) and has a light woody taste.

So far, this is my second bottle and also another brand, they both taste quite different.

Trying another brand after this.

i mean not as effective when come to curing sore throat. my umf15 is thick like wAt u saying. but umf25 abit watery. juz abit thicker than normal honey. so i suspect the umf25 not genuine but bot from same guy. maybe we shd exchange our product to find out which brand is the best since so many of us r taking makuka. haha!! :clap:

What do you mean by "not strong enough"?

I'm taking the 20umf now, its very thick and firm (when you scoop, you leave a hole inside) and has a light woody taste.

So far, this is my second bottle and also another brand, they both taste quite different.

Trying another brand after this.

Lobang Lobang.

Nature's Farm having a roadshow now at Tampines Mall with great discount.

Buy 1 item less 10%, buy 2 similar item less 35%!

Just bought 2 bottles of Manuka Honey Active 24+(1kg) @$219.90 less 35% = $142.90! :thumb:

Actually info was pm to me yesterday by fellow BWer, Tampguy, so I went.

Thanks Tampguy. :)

Lobang Lobang.

Nature's Farm having a roadshow now at Tampines Mall with great discount.

Buy 1 item less 10%, buy 2 similar item less 35%!

Just bought 2 bottles of Manuka Honey Active 24+(1kg) @$219.90 less 35% = $142.90! :thumb:

Actually info was pm to me yesterday by fellow BWer, Tampguy, so I went.

Thanks Tampguy. :)

you are welcome! it has been quite a while since nature farm last provided such a good discount for honey!

have you tried the 3 bottles of Manuka Honey Active 18+ (500gm) that i helped you to buy from nature farm

which was passed to you on last sunday? how do you find it?

i will give a miss to this nature farm roadshow at tampines mall as i still have 5 bottles of manuka honey

Active 18+ which i bought at a very special price of sgd32.70 per bottle at nature farm last week.

you are lucky that i bought 13 bottles that day and can let you have 3 bottles :lol: come to think of it,

i should have bought more bottles as we will never get this price for active 18+ :)

I will keep you informed if i come across any good promotion for Manuka Honey :P

tampguy, still possible to get this price? i do visit nature's farm regularly n received all their roadshows promo info but never seen such good deal at all!

i will give a miss to this nature farm roadshow at tampines mall as i still have 5 bottles of manuka honey

Active 18+ which i bought at a very special price of sgd32.70 per bottle at nature farm last week.

tampguy, still possible to get this price? i do visit nature's farm regularly n received all their roadshows promo info but never seen such good deal at all!

gaygaysin,

i went to the Nature Farm last week and the staff told me that there is a printing error at the side of the Active 18+ NorthIsland Manuka Honey as Active

12+ but the content is genuinely active 18+ as shown in the front of the orange label so they decide to sell me at the Active 12+ price reduce from

sgd68.80 (active 18+) to sgd48.80 (active 12+ price) before discount. after that, they give a further discount of 28pct on the original price plus

an additional cny hongbao discount so i bought 13 bottles at one go totalling sgd424.97 :thumb:

i sold away 3 bottles to cock brand and 5 bottles to my good friend leaving 5 bottles for myself :)

i went back the next day during my lunch time and the staff told me that the promotion is cancelled after i bought 13 bottles and left.

half an hour later after i left, the head office called the staff to sell at sgd68.80 instead of sgd48.80 (before discount) back again despite the print error on the fine print at the side. she said i am very lucky and decisive to get 13 bottles at one go! :P

so you can't get this price anymore ....

where, what brand and how much and what umf/active Manuka honey that you bought and consumed currently?

care to share? :D

Edited by tampguy

thanks for reply & u really a very lucky guy tamptamp. :D

i did went to natures farm tat day to get their up to 40% special rebate + up to $68.80 angbao discount too! did consider to buy their manuka since there is 28% discount but food items not entitle to earn the rebate so i give it a miss.

i m now taking Honey Valley New Zealand Honey UMF25 bot from my company vendor. it cost $100 each but buy 3 get 1 free so ends up $75 each. i consider it a good buy. :thumb: the price similar to CB NorthIsland active 24+ but no need to wait till promo period. and some how feels tat UMF might be a bit better than Active. haha!!

let me know if u got better lobang since we all taking it long term. good to save some $$. hehe...

thanks for reply & u really a very lucky guy tamptamp. :D

i did went to natures farm tat day to get their up to 40% special rebate + up to $68.80 angbao discount too! did consider to buy their manuka since there is 28% discount but food items not entitle to earn the rebate so i give it a miss.

i m now taking Honey Valley New Zealand Honey UMF25 bot from my company vendor. it cost $100 each but buy 3 get 1 free so ends up $75 each. i consider it a good buy. :thumb: the price similar to CB NorthIsland active 24+ but no need to wait till promo period. and some how feels tat UMF might be a bit better than Active. haha!!

let me know if u got better lobang since we all taking it long term. good to save some $$. hehe...

thank for sharing your information. if i am not wrong, nature farm gives rebate (points) when you purchase manuka honey but the rebate cannot be used for honey/food items but can be used for subsequent purchase on supplements and vitamins ...i will normally use it to buy Royal Jelly tablets and multi-vitamins for men :)

I think it is still cheaper for Cb to buy the Manuka Honey from Nature Farm when they are having 35pct discount as the retail price (without promotion) is quite expensive

and is about the same price in other retailers (without discount/promotion) unless we can get you to buy Manuka Honey Valley New Zealand Honey UMF25 bot from your

company vendor ;)

do let us know if you have any other lobangs too :P

Edited by tampguy

• 1 month later...

OG are having sales from: 8th to 21th April 2010.

HONEYWORLD

Manuka Active 5+ 1Kg

$52

(Free Rewa Honey 1Kg worth $30)

HONEYWORLD

Organic Manuka Active 12+ 500g

4 flavours - Boysenberries, Blackcurrent, Kiwi and Raspberry

UP: $52

Now:$26 (OG cardmembers), $36 (non-OG cardmembers)

You may like to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Nature Farm is having promotion for Manuka honey again!

i can only remember the below as i bought active 18+ and active 30+ today:

the active 18+ (500g) manuka honey is selling at sgd44.50 per bottle (59pct discount) and active 30+ (500g) manuka honey is selling at sgd88.80 per bottle (40pct discount)! :thumb:

i bought 14 bottles altogether today! :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Bypasser

Active is not the same as umf. They are different rating systems for the antibacterial properties. Supposedly, umf is more reliable. However there are also researcher trying to ascertain the rating systems. As of now, umf is better that's why they are a lot more expensive than just active +

• 5 weeks later...

manuka honey (16+ Active) is very good for the health. It is very beneficial. I was having a problem in my stomach from last 2 months, My friend suggest me about this manuka honey. I have also gone to the doctor, he also recommended me manuka honey. So, i am using this from last 40 days and now I have got a lot of relief.

I have never tried UMF ,so I am new to UMF.

Edited by Chrisdean

Active +16 is a type of manuka honey.

fish oil capsules

• 2 weeks later...

i have been taking manuka honey almost 3 years and i find myself hardly get sore throat - i am taking active 24+ or active 30+

i will make an effort to wake up early every morning to take the manuka honey empty stomach for at least half an hour before i take my breakfast.

remember not to use metal spoon! i use a plastic spoon (for feeding baby porridge - the spoon is quite big) to get the manuka honey and feed directly into my mouth - do not dilute the manuka honey with water. yummy yummy!!

Just bought 4 bottles of Manuka Honey Active 24+(1kg) totalling $544.54 (after discount) last week from nature farm:)

for active 18+, nature farm is selling buy one get one free.

Chrisdean, if you have stomach problem, perhaps you should get higher active for better effect.

i am sure you are aware that active 16 will still give you active 16 result even if you double the quantity you take.

Edited by tampguy

Hi, can someone please tell me if manuka honey is cooling? I am the cooling type and not those people with a heaty body. I m afraid it may be too cooling for my body. I know it is nutritious though.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.