Male HQ

The Best Ramen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest concern

Oh goodness,there is just one very tasty in our very own heartland,maxwell market.The whole bowl is just 5dollar 50cents.Add on is just 1dollar for meat,vege and egg.I opt for the black garlic and it was superd.

32 minutes ago, Guest concern said:

Oh goodness,there is just one very tasty in our very own heartland,maxwell market.The whole bowl is just 5dollar 50cents.Add on is just 1dollar for meat,vege and egg.I opt for the black garlic and it was superd.

The black garlic is good?...and so affordable? Hmmm, must try!

On ‎17‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, nicjude said:

I highly recommend Ikkousha Hakata. They have 2 outlets, Tg Pagar and Chijmes. I prefer the latter outlet; small and cozy, and the ramen is really good, also depends on your flavour and ramen texture. 

I think the one at T Pagar is equally small and crampy too

but I agree ikkousha 一幸舎 is good, but they claimed that ippudo (at mandarin has turned lousy, not sure though after I last visited many  years ago)

Musashi Ramen , keisuke come close then Santouka (but I have not seen anyone mentioning) https://www.santouka.co.jp/en/story (not sanpoutei , haven't really tried though I always passed by its shaw isetan branch: http://sanpoutei.sg/)

Edited by lovehandle

On 9/17/2017 at 5:46 PM, nicjude said:

I highly recommend Ikkousha Hakata. They have 2 outlets, Tg Pagar and Chijmes. I prefer the latter outlet; small and cozy, and the ramen is really good, also depends on your flavour and ramen texture. 

Yes, I tried the one at Chijmes once. It was pretty good!

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:43 AM, lonelyboi said:

My all time favourite: Keisuke, especially the outlets at tanjong pagar and suntec

yes, have u tried the keisuke crab version at orch!

and its hamburger?

all the ladies love the free flow of salad (better than the main, all claimed so!) and I m truly grateful with its bean sprout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: this s best establishment I liked at the moment, as I don't believe sg has a ramen close to jp

but many love this https://www.santouka.co.jp/en/story  n  the ippudo

12 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

yes, have u tried the keisuke crab version at orch!

and its hamburger?

all the ladies love the free flow of salad (better than the main, all claimed so!) and I m truly grateful with its bean sprout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: this s best establishment I liked at the moment, as I don't believe sg has a ramen close to jp

but many love this https://www.santouka.co.jp/en/story  n  the ippudo

Yup. I've tried all their outlets. 

Love the free flow eggs at hamburg outlet

7 hours ago, lonelyboi said:

Yup. I've tried all their outlets. 

Love the free flow eggs at hamburg outlet

But dont take in too much eggs lah, unless u r frequently bldg muscles in gym

i thk the other outlets also provide free eggs too

just luve the bean sprout so muchhh

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2010 at 2:31 AM, Manbane said:

Ippudo, Santouka and Marutama are all pretty good.

Santouka has a new outlet near Robinson.

Marutama is also in the Central on the 3rd floor. Char siew is very good.

Among the three, i prefer Ippudo as the nooble is more fine and soup has very good flavour. But the char siew is not as good as

the other 2 outlets.

I prefer Santouka and Ippudo over Marutama.  I don't quite agree with the pricing system at Marutama and on top of that, I find the soup too 'porky' and oily.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

I notice this small little outlet in Thomson Plaza (Menya Mushashi or something like that) which is drawing crowds every day.  The queue is just too long for me to bother.  Shall wait for the craze to die down before I try it.  But judging from the long queues I guess they must be good.  Anyone tried?

All in sex is fair.

was at the new tai seng area for the famous takasu ramen....to be honest, nothing to yell about.

first a bowl of ramen take 4 person to do different role - wastage of manpower lor.

second - the seat is too near to each other - cramp almost hit the other guests with my choptick (to be exact poke into her face)

third - fucking hot inside the small area when i walk out - u can tell the great difference under extreme heat.

fourth - i shall never go back again even with 50% promotion or whatsoever.

ps : their greeting is so unwelcoming like screaming for hell...the chef all look from malaysian jiuhu kia...no issue about them but somehow i felt like fake japanse restaurant lor.

in short - yes my bowl of ramen soup is salty guess to enhance the favour.

15 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

I prefer Santouka and Ippudo over Marutama.  I don't quite agree with the pricing system at Marutama and on top of that, I find the soup too 'porky' and oily.

i prefer Santouka as well.

Marutama uses chicken stock, doesnt taste of pork at all

57 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

i prefer Santouka as well.

Marutama uses chicken stock, doesnt taste of pork at all

oh ... i thought i saw on the menu choice of chicken, pork or clear soup

All in sex is fair.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, kimlo777 said:

kimLo

your tongue is not  only at good at certain thing but really v sharp

marutama shd never on the list, as u have rightfully point it out!

no keisuke lovers here? luv their freebies

http://www.keisuke.sg/

On 13 February 2018 at 10:57 PM, -Ignored- said:

kimLo

your tongue is not  only at good at certain thing but really v sharp

marutama shd never on the list, as u have rightfully point it out!

no keisuke lovers here? luv their freebies

http://www.keisuke.sg/

Keisuke lover here. Can't wait for their new outlet opening next month :P

• 4 weeks later...

for those who liked your ramen to have a taste of bak ku tea

serving till end April , at keisuke suntec ONLY in conjuction w the Jeanette aw and mark Lee's jp movie

https://mothership.sg/2018/01/bak-kut-teh-ramen-singapore/

On ‎15‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, skinnyboi_93 said:

Heard is duck ramen. Somewhere around holland v

19 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

the outlet u mentioned!!!! but I m not sure do I like that soup base

Tried the new outlet twice. Once at pre opening food tasting and another one just now. The duck taste may be too strong for some people but alright for me. Will recommend the clear soup version. The one in the pic is spicy miso. 

5 minutes ago, skinnyboi_93 said:

Tried the new outlet twice. Once at pre opening food tasting and another one just now. The duck taste may be too strong for some people but alright for me. Will recommend the clear soup version. The one in the pic is spicy miso. 

wow u r really adventurous and fast!

but for the taste too strong, customers could have opted for lighter soup base (usu ie their style right)

is it true that all their outlets comes w the free bean sprouts/vege?

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

wow u r really adventurous and fast!

but for the taste too strong, customers could have opted for lighter soup base (usu ie their style right)

is it true that all their outlets comes w the free bean sprouts/vege?

As in the taste of the duck. The lighter taste usually refers to the saltiness level. And yup the new outlet comes with the beansprouts and hard boiled eggs

• 4 weeks later...

I like Maturama cos their soups chicken and not too porky......I used to like the normal Cha-Shu ramen at Ramenplay (now called So Ramen) but now with tonkotsu soup stocks available even in bottle form i duno if the soups the real deal or not.....Tsuta Ramen @ Pacific Plaza was over-hyped and only so so nia to me...I tried before Hokkaido Ramen Santouka (the pork jowl meat was reallie tasty)...and loved Sapporo Ramen Miharu back when it was still at Gallery Hotel...noodles were nice and springy and not too soft...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 9:07 PM, skinnyboi_93 said:

btw, i read in a jp magazines, the duck is a hybrid duck

n also, do u know that in most of the pizza stores or italian f&B, they used some parts of duck (fr a frozen pack) breast only , they sliced and then place it on the pizza or food items that they are selling - & as u alry know most dont usu order duck pizzas esp in sg

pls set a date and the venue ie type of ramen, the rest will sign up accordingly (hopefully not during coming school holidays)

11 hours ago, GKS said:

Let's organize a ramen gathering. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

anyone who tried the new kid on the block who joined Michelin tokyo? Oysters/clams and truffle
“Konjiki Hototogisu”  金色不如帰
https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/tokyo-has-a-new-michelin-starred-ramen-restaurant-sobahouse-konjiki-hototogisu-012219
http://danielfooddiary.com/2018/06/24/konjikihototogisu/

not latest news but recent enough:

Soba house Kiniro Hototogisu 金色不如帰 from Tokyo, Japan has been awarded the “1 Michelin Star” status in the Tokyo Michelin Guide 2019.

Latest outlet is at Great World  City and coming soon will be its 3rd outlet at Paragon B1-4 
(Members seemed to stop at Keisuke's) - not bad , i would prefer the lemon squeeze to be lesser

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.