Male HQ

City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)

amkies

Well, well, well!

Suspected falsification of accounts?

Suspected criminal breach of trust?

Saw it coming!

Raiding at 6.30am would means that those officials had already done some prior homework!

3 cheers to the hardworking officials :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hopefully all the guilty ones will be prosecuted! :yuk:

Guest Erotictales

The SG government is typically very cautious towards such things. I mean religious stuffs.

To raid and announce, for me at least, indicates a certain level of confidence.

Guest good_luck_ birdie

Yes, usually when they make public such things means they have certain level of evidence. I hope this will be a good wake-up call for the zombies who think very highly of some of their leaders. Lets hope the people here will start to analysis things and start to think for themselves. Religion can be good for bonding etc, but please don't be a zombie like Josie Lau.

Guest gorgeous

It is amazing how some people can be so blinded by their religions that they choose to ignore the facts.

you have nice abs up to your pubic area ;o)

Or perhaps we should wait for more details to be released from the investigation before making any speculations.

CAD doesn't step in for nothing. We can wait but the results will not be any different.

There is a certain trend in all these 3 cases. Contrary to popular belief that people who commit such offences would lie low, hoping no one would expose them; the leading figures in these 3 cases are attention seekers.

Durai stole the limelight by insisting on suing NKF. In the end, his deeds were exposed.

Ever since Ming Yi did the daring stunts for the charity shows, he has been a media darling. Read the tabloids and you will know.

Needless to say about Kong Hee. Stole the limelight by telling everyone, his church has a stake in suntec city.

These people are so complacent. It is perhaps reasonable for layman like me to conclude that they probably think nothing of their misdeed. So the next time you find a religious leader or head of certain charity gets cocky and arrogant, you probably want to be wary.

Guest Erotictales

Amkies is right.

Actually, the Churches that got into trouble and bad limelight here, all ended up that way because they were desperate for attention and power. Look at COOS, Cornerstone, Lighthouse, MMS, St Andrew.

Are there any other non-profit making organisation in the country that has a staff strength of only 150 but the payroll is S$9.3million?

This comes to an average of S$62,000 per annum for each person!

But of cos, it can't be expressed is such a simple way.

The majority of accounts clerks, admin staff and such will probably only get a quarter of the average, or less.

So some other staff should be getting double or triple the average lor!

And this is a non-profit making organisation!

And according to their financial report, S$18 million was spent on "Other Operating and Administration Expenses" or simply known as "Miscellaneous" over a 26 months period.

And this was with all the bulk of expenses like salary, rental, transport, publications etc. already accounted for!

That comes to about S$700,000 per month!

So much money spent on what????

While many companies are suffering from cash flow problems, this one is definately overflowing with free money!

Are there any other non-profit making organisation in the country that has a staff strength of only 150 but the payroll is S$9.3million?

This comes to an average of S$62,000 per annum for each person!

But of cos, it can't be expressed is such a simple way.

The majority of accounts clerks, admin staff and such will probably only get a quarter of the average, or less.

So some other staff should be getting double or triple the average lor!

And this is a non-profit making organisation!

And according to their financial report, S$18 million was spent on "Other Operating and Administration Expenses" or simply known as "Miscellaneous" over a 26 months period.

And this was with all the bulk of expenses like salary, rental, transport, publications etc. already accounted for!

That comes to about S$700,000 per month!

So much money spent on what????

While many companies are suffering from cash flow problems, this one is definately overflowing with free money!

Is she one of the staff on the payroll?

wyclefsun.jpg

Edited by MobyDick

Not surprising that she might be called up for investigation.

From the Straits Times

CITY HARVEST church is somewhat different from an ordinary place of worship - it uses stars and pop culture to stay relevant, counts a number of prominent business leaders among its congregation and its events have links all around the world.

Even founder Kong Hee calls himself a businessman on the church website and, together with his singer wife Ho Yeow Sun, owns two companies.

One is International Harvest, which company records say is a provider of corporate training services and motivational courses.

The other is fashion company Skin Couture, which has three boutiques - Ed Hardy at Heeren, Skin at Great World City and Christian Audigier at Ion. Clothes sold are described as 'glam rock' and follow trends in cities such as New York and Japan.

This rock theme is even extended to City Harvest's church services, which some members say are akin to attending a rock concert.

Church members have been known to go as far as adapting the most current Lady Ga-Ga or Black-Eyed Peas songs for concerts and celebrations, swopping out original lyrics for some of a more religious nature. These shows are complete with full-scale sets, costumes and coloured lighting, which go beyond an amateur production.

Guest aiyo

Many people are curious and keen to know how a singer who is 30-plus, married with kids, with only a plain Jane face and an even plainer than plain voice can make it in the very crowded Asian music market.

Was she sponsored?????

If so, with who's money???

didnt u heard the saying in taiwan.....buying charts (haha)

sad is that a lot of pple are blinded by their faith...not their fault as they are being abused.

please check do both of them own us pr status? chances is........haha

didnt u heard the saying in taiwan.....buying charts (haha)

sad is that a lot of pple are blinded by their faith...not their fault as they are being abused.

please check do both of them own us pr status? chances is........haha

Of cos I've heard of it - "buy charts", "buy votes" etc.

But then its only those performers with super rich god-fathers, god-mothers and sugar daddies to buy up their albums in order to stay in the charts.

And then give the records away free.

This aunty also got rich god-father meh?

i believe most of the new evangelistic churches that operate in hotel ballrooms and non-permanent venues will be next in line for investigation, Yes in the name of His kingdom, many become blind followers and are willing to donate generously.

Remember the Central Christian Church saga.... homophobic to the max....

i believe most of the new evangelistic churches that operate in hotel ballrooms and non-permanent venues will be next in line for investigation, Yes in the name of His kingdom, many become blind followers and are willing to donate generously.

Remember the Central Christian Church saga.... homophobic to the max....

Aiyo, but the one under investigation now has their own premises at Jurong West and wanna purchase more premises in Suntec Convention lor....Those renting hotels and no permanet venues are not rich enough to buy lor........should check on the rich one la

They should check on New Creation Church using Rock@Suntec and pay more than $600m to jointly develop One-North also.... where they get the money?

Guest SunPower

Sun Ho's every album hits record high for the sales,

cos 33,000 powerful back up from the city havest church,

each one buy a copy, not to mention 33'000's friends n next of kin,

isnt that powerful for a plain Jane ordinary 牧师娘 to became an international superstar, Sun Ho had fufil her dream as a superstar from the back up of powerful city havest members! isnt that a wonderful magic to make use of these resources!

Guest Erotictales

The interesting thing is that CAD mentioned the cases go several years back.

Cornerstone's Yang i.e. self anointed anti-gay family life champion used to be a "team" with Kong Hee.

I wonder....

wyclefsun.jpg

Hey people, this one is INNOCENT!

She worked hard for the money, very hard!

And do you know how hard it is?

Do you know how hard it is to train for those flat abs and tummy?

Do you know how hard it is to train for those tight butts and thighs?

Do you know how hard it is to practice those quick pelvic trusting and boobs wriggling moves?

Do you know how hard it is now for her to shake off that oriental whore image?

But those are not hard enough yet.

Do you know how hard it is for the poor husband when she had to stay away for long periods in the US?

This one I believe must be really hard!

Watch this again to appreciate all her hard work!

Edited by cock brand

I think at some level every artiste has to work hard to get to where they are. While initially, Sun Ho may had the support of the congregation- i.e. they buy her album and get their friends on it, after that it is up to her to work hard to keep her audience/fans.

I am not really a fan of hers, but I believe people should be rewarded for hard work, discipline and effort.

I am advocate of churches keeping their finances as transparent as possible, since all these are tithe that people give, in hopes of supporting the church's mission. Churches should also be audited on a regular basis.

Love. 

Guest Guest

this "eating money" case has been happening for many many years.... heard that lots of money has been used to fulfilled his wife "singing" dream... and this pastor has been praising his wife more mighty than his own god during the church gathering... more money has been donate blindly by the church goers... this tells that why and how she cannot sing and yet got some fame :huh::(

Guest CELL GROUP MEETING

The prison has a monk, now a pastor may join him inside. :oops: :oops:

If the pastor is guilty and charged, then they can hold Cell Group Meetings inside the Cell!

Hey people, this one is INNOCENT!

She worked hard for the money, very hard!

And do you know how hard it is?

Do you know how hard it is to train for those flat abs and tummy?

Do you know how hard it is to train for those tight butts and thighs?

Do you know how hard it is to practice those quick pelvic trusting and boobs wriggling moves?

Do you know how hard it is now for her to shake off that oriental whore image?

But those are not hard enough yet.

Do you know how hard it is for the poor husband when she had to stay away for long periods in the US?

This one I believe must be really hard!

Watch this again to appreciate all her hard work!

lol... seriously I dunno if you are praising her or condemning her but if chanting china wine is singing, I think I can hold a mini concert le. :P

Guest Guest

Come across this interesting video

Excellent video ! :thumb: It is for some of those who sinned will think that giving $$$ to their pastor's church will be blessed by God. By building Mega Church -- to serve like a satellite disk -- the bigger so that GOD can hear you better?

Agree that what really mean is not the $$$ one has donated ... its the seeds you have planted. This goes in line with the teaching of other religions too.

Come across this interesting video

Nice Video Gachi!

So those poor chaps who were struggling to donate faithfully 10% of their salary to their pastors should see this.

Then ask themselves why are some pastors drivings fancy cars, living in high end condos (and some owning a few) while you had to work overtime to make up the difference and had squeeze into public transport to hear them preach.

Still don't understand?

Look at their payroll using your money then you might understand.

Edited by cock brand

Guest guest

What a BIG joke!

And in the middle of this, the "talented" Sun Ho.

Just wondering why the Sun Ho's fans from another post in this forum suddenly become so quiet.

Anyone who think that she's a great singer, must have their mind and ears check!!!

By the way, what's the meaning of her singing a song called "China Wine". Is she singing about her own urine???

My American friends pointed this out to me... Had a good laugh!

And why AKA Geisha, she's turning Japanese? What's next? Anything for fame!

Singaapore must be so proud of her and her pastor husband.

Another thought, don't her husband looks like a closet case?

Oh dear, I hope not. As if she gives being a Singaporean a bad name wasn't enough, her husband has to do the same for the gay society.

Guest Erotictales

I took a look at their facebook and it's flooded with the expected statements. This is a test of faith. God's light will shine through. This is a test of courage. Etc etc etc.

I wonder whether these folks realize that a TEST can also be a test of honesty? And that God could be testing them about their integrity?

And I wonder whether these folks will go jump if indeed people are found guilty.

Guest Guest

And I wonder whether these folks will go jump if indeed people are found guilty.

They so kiasee. They will make some noises and then go find another Idol pastor to worship.

Religion is about faith, you really need that faith to believe a higher authority that creates and controls everything, and yet needs money every week.

Take away that faith, what's left is a compilation of stories.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Guest

walau, my hairs all stand ~~~~~~

unequal amount but equal sacrifice

you give your best

you give until your heart is broken (?)

you give until your tears stream down your eyes (??) (

(?) = 心痛

(??) = sad and unwilling to part with the $$ donated

Guest Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up8xORo2vbc&feature=related

Hey watch this video, this is worst. He got quota .. your donation must exceed the average of your occupation category and total must exceed the previous year's. and, there are statistic to prove. And best part, he relate the amount of $$ donated to the seed that sowed. Seed = money only? Not the good deeds you do for others?

hahahaha .... now we shall see the seeds he had sowed and the fruits he is getting. hallelujah

Some pastors are indeed making obscene amount of money from donations!

It was reported that a Senior Pastor of New Creation Church was paid about S$500,000 for his fund raising effort in 2008.

In layman term this is also known as commission.

With this kind of commission, plus salary, jiak beh liao man.

I had raised this issue last year on this subject which you guys can refer to.

My link

These smart people can easily work out some heart-rending reasons to call for donation and make you give and give with all your heart.

When huge amount is collected, nobody should be happier than the fundraisers!

Everytime you donate your hard-earned money, you are only helping somebody get richer and richer!

Edited by cock brand

Guest halo

Some pastors are indeed making obscene amount of money from donations!

It was reported that a Senior Pastor of New Creation Church was paid about S$500,000 for his fund raising effort in 2008.

In layman term this is also known as commission.

With this kind of commission, plus salary, jiak beh liao man.

I had raised this issue last year on this subject which you guys can refer to.

My link

These smart people can easily work out some heart-rending reasons to call for donation and make you give and give with all your heart.

When huge amount is collected, nobody should be happier than the fundraisers!

Everytime you donate your hard-earned money, you are only helping somebody get richer and richer!

U will be surprised many of the followers are well educated, some are even celebrities and authorities.....

just hope they woke up earlier from the spell...AMEN

U will be surprised many of the followers are well educated, some are even celebrities and authorities.....

not surprise, believe most people know that, but highly educated does not mean this person is humble, holy, a saint...

wisdom, high IQ or EQ nothing to do with highly educated not.

a person greed for titles, money etc, a person follow blindly, is depend the person characters.

however, i do agree that, we should not be too nasty & too harsh, " let us not jump to conclusions: Pastor Kong Hee and his staff are innocent until proven otherwise."

guilty or not guilty? they will face their karma

Edited by snowball

Guest Guest

just hope they woke up earlier from the spell...AMEN

They - housing agents, insurance agents, owner of food courts, every a hawker selling bak-cho mee -- are all there for networking i.e. get supports from fellow brothers and sisters and then get more business. :thumb:

• G_M changed the title to City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.