Male HQ

City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)

amkies

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Guest anti nerd police said:

so damn scared right now...

Uhu the police knocking my door soon?

Oh no, it's just the sound of Dirty Auntie banging his head on the door at his locked cell at IMH....

You mean yourself. LOL

• 3 months later...

1 hour ago, Billy said:

Omg look at that white hair... but that smug grin is still there.

Mix the China wine with the dutty wine

9 minutes ago, Guest souls said:

And what happened to the cheated monies? 

See the above MVs. 

10 minutes ago, Guest souls said:

Had they been refunded back ?

Monies burnto can't be retrieved. 

11 minutes ago, Guest souls said:

The poor souls to me are those who still follow him with his super fake church.

Blind faith is dangerous.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Butterworth said:

Seem getting older from last two years ago! Hmmm wondering how his sex life inside prison during this two years.

Actually, his hair has been white all along.

It's just that in prison he could not dye his hair black so his real colour got exposed.

collagedefer.jpg

Guest Speechless
42 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Kong Hee once claimed that God said 'sorry' to him.

I can't believe people still claps over this drama? A corruption is a corruption, do not bring God into the picture.

Guest Leviticus
3 hours ago, fab said:

To truly understand how Sodom & Gomorrah looks like, in the bible, watch the above video.  It has nothing to do with Homosexual.

Guest Try and see
2 hours ago, Guest souls said:

And what happened to the cheated monies? Had they been refunded back ?

The money is all in their joint account; not one cent was refunded to their members/donors.

KongHeeSunHoFacebook1.jpg

Guest Try and see
4 hours ago, fab said:

'Abba' is an Aramaic term for 'father' used by the Israelites and early Christians from the Middle East.

For a Chinese Singaporean pastor in the 21st century to keep shouting "Abba" on stage in church is nothing more than a publicity stunt and cry for sympathy and attention - fake and insincere.

Guest Try and see
29 minutes ago, Guest Speechless said:

I can't believe people still claps over this drama? A corruption is a corruption, do not bring God into the picture.

I think what's more shocking is that after all that has been exposed and revealed about City Harvest and Kong Hee & his wife, their church still has members.

sunhokong1208e_2x.jpg?itok=odtbguCh&time

20140812-nooimages-chinawine.jpg

depositphotos_17574485-stock-photo-ho-ye

23 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

I think what's more shocking is that after all that has been exposed and revealed about City Harvest and Kong Hee & his wife, their church still has members.

2 hours ago, fab said:

Blind faith is dangerous.

The Reverend Kong Hee...

When we go about our decent lives, doing our work and supporting family and others, we are just ordinary people.

When a slick person latches onto some speculated religious dogmas and starts blabbering lies and deceptions about them to a receptive public,

this guy is called a "Reverend"!

One does not have to become a senior to realize that the world is full of lies and deceptions.  And organized religions push some of the biggest ones.

But nature is what it is!  That's why there is this saying:  "a sucker is born every day". 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Try and see

kc-kh2209.jpg?itok=7FAXZQG0&timestamp=15

"Please continue to support City Harvest Church. I still need your tithes and offerings to buy a new sports car and go for my Swiss skiing holiday this December. Thank you!"

Guest disclosed yourself

I love the hit single China Wine! 

Dance to the beat and shake your booty baby! 

It's the Carribean connection, Asian invasion coming to your residence

Listen me, Geisha!

1 hour ago, Guest Try and see said:

"Please continue to support City Harvest Church. I still need your tithes and offerings to buy a new sports car and go for my Swiss skiing holiday this December. Thank you!"

Yes, I agree! Please continue to support CHC.
So that Kong Hee able to live his comfortably! Hooray! 

Once money roll into his pocket, he can do monthly expensive botox and his personal professional hair-stylist can dye his hair back to black! Eat all his lovely tasty food that he missed in jis jail-time. 

3 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Why are there Tudor houses behind him?

2 hours ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

I love the hit single China Wine! 

Dance to the beat and shake your boobs

I love the hit single Dirty Aunt! But it's a broken record that turns endlessly...

Guest disclosed yourself
10 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I love the hit single Dirty Aunt! But it's a broken record that turns endlessly...

How dare you call Sun Ho Dirty Aunt that turns endlessly? 

LOL

"Despite the scandal, City Harvest Church is still one of the top richest charities based on donations received in 2018."

Possible only because of the blindness in the donors. 

23 minutes ago, Guest Ha Ha said:

"Despite the scandal, City Harvest Church is still one of the top richest charities based on donations received in 2018."

Possible only because of the blindness in the donors. 

This is what it appears.  But I would not dismiss them all as naive.  There must be some collateral benefits to belong to City Harvest church.  Business,  political connections?  Prestige among some elite undesirable groups?  "Religion" and "Church" do not eliminate the incredible variety of  self interests greedy people seek no matter what!

1 minute ago, kidster said:

Just curious. Where did all the money he squander go to?

Can't the law recover from him to return to the victims?

The state will probably confiscate some of it... If it's truly been lost i.e. spent already, it may not be recoverable. You cannot penalise someone else just because the one spending the money is a criminal. 

The victims... Well. Some don't really care, and those who do left the church so...

16 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

大家行行好,我终于在农历七月被释放出来了,你看我被锁在里面吃不好,穿不暖,身材瘦削,头发苍白,请大家多烧些钱给我吧。

23 minutes ago, kidster said:

Just curious. Where did all the money he squander go to?

Can't the law recover from him to return to the victims?

20 minutes ago, AnglesnDemons said:

The state will probably confiscate some of it... If it's truly been lost i.e. spent already, it may not be recoverable. You cannot penalise someone else just because the one spending the money is a criminal. 

The victims... Well. Some don't really care, and those who do left the church so...

The money given to them was given legitimately, even though some may feel that they were given under social pressure. But frankly, nobody was forced at gunpoint to make those donations. So I doubt if anyone has a case to get back the money at all. 

However, how he had SPENT the money as a religious service is dubious and is now to be done against the law. So that's why those people are all going to jail for that. 

Guest From Paulus to Saulus
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

This is what it appears.  But I would not dismiss them all as naive.  There must be some collateral benefits to belong to City Harvest church.  Business,  political connections?  Prestige among some elite undesirable groups?  "Religion" and "Church" do not eliminate the incredible variety of  self interests greedy people seek no matter what!

If you had followed the news here, you would have known: Even on the day of him being handed down the judgment, people from his church (is sect the better word?) told the reporters that they believe him to be innocent... and were standing crying in front of the court...

The followers are true believers and take the word "forgive the sinners" very literal.

I hope I won't meet him at any event, because probably I would not refrain myself to call him a criminal cheater.

You said yourself somewhere else: "There is no tool against stupidity !"

Just wonder nobody did a crowdfunding campaign for his sufferings... (but maybe the church did?)

37 minutes ago, AnglesnDemons said:

As the church is a private institution, the request for the "refund" must come from the church against Kong and the others. Have not seen any action from the church and have not read that anything was confiscated by the gov.

City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee released from jail: Key facts about the multimillion-dollar case

The Court of Appeal handed down its final verdict on the City Harvest Church case, involving (clockwise, from top left) Kong Hee, Tan Ye Peng, Serina Wee, John Lam, Chew Eng Han and Sharon Tan, on Feb 1, 2018. PHOTOS: ST FILE

The Court of Appeal handed down its final verdict on the City Harvest Church case, involving (clockwise, from top left) Kong Hee, Tan Ye Peng, Serina Wee, John Lam, Chew Eng Han and Sharon Tan, on Feb 1, 2018.

Published

Aug 22, 2019, 3:22 pm SGT

Updated

Aug 22, 2019, 4:12 pm

Facebook Twitter Email

Ng Huiwen

Prisca Ang

SINGAPORE - A five-judge Court of Appeal on Feb 1, 2018, dismissed a bid by prosecutors to reinstate the original convictions for City Harvest Church (CHC) founder Kong Hee and five others convicted of misusing millions of dollars in church funds - ending a marathon case involving the misuse of millions of dollars of CHC funds.

Here is what you need to know about the case:

1. WHO IS INVOLVED?

The six are CHC founder and senior pastor Kong Hee, 54; deputy senior pastor Tan Ye Peng, 46; former finance managers Serina Wee, 42, and Sharon Tan, 43; former fund manager Chew Eng Han, 58, and former finance committee member John Lam, 51.

2. WHAT ARE THEIR JAIL TERMS?

Mr Kong was sentenced to a jail term of 3½ years, the longest sentence of the six. Chew got three years and four months; Mr Tan, three years and two months; Ms Tan, seven months; Ms Wee, 2½ years; and Mr Lam, 1½ years.

Mr Kong was released from jail on Thursday (Aug 22).

Mr Tan, Ms Tan, Ms Wee and Mr Lam have also been released from prison.

Chew, whose jail term was extended by 13 months after he tried unsuccessfully to flee the country, will be the last to complete his sentence.

3. WHAT DID THE SIX DO?

They misappropriated $24 million in CHC's building funds through sham bond investments in music production firm Xtron and glass maker Firna.

They then misused a further $26 million to cover up the initial crime.

These bonds were used to fund the Crossover Project, a church mission to spread the Gospel through the secular music career of Mr Kong's wife, pop singer Ho Yeow Sun.

4. WHAT WERE THEIR ORIGINAL CONVICTIONS AND SENTENCES?

The six were originally charged and convicted of criminal breach of trust (CBT) as agents, under Section 409 of the Penal Code.

They were handed jail terms ranging from 21 months to eight years in November 2015.

5. WAS THERE AN APPEAL, AND WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME?

The six appealed against their convictions and sentences, while the prosecution appealed for harsher sentences.

The prosecution had appealed for sentences ranging from five to 12 years for the six.

Deciding on the appeals in April 2017, the High Court, in a split 2-1 decision, cleared the six of CBT as agents and found them guilty of plain CBT under Section 406 of the Penal Code.

As a result, their jail terms were cut to between seven months and 3½ years.

6. WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE APPEAL?

The prosecution then applied for a rarely invoked criminal reference, to seek a definitive ruling from the Court of Appeal as well as to reinstate the original convictions.

The prosecution was led by Deputy Attorney-General Hri Kumar Nair in the hearing in August 2017.

7. WHO IS ON THE FIVE-JUDGE PANEL FOR THE CRIMINAL REFERENCE?

The panel includes Judges of Appeal Andrew Phang and Judith Prakash, and Justices Belinda Ang, Quentin Loh and Chua Lee Ming.

8. WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF THE COURT OF APPEAL'S DECISION?

In coming to this decision, the Court of Appeal overruled a 1976 High Court decision, which had held that company directors could be convicted for CBT under Section 409.

This means that the apex court has now ruled that company directors, as well as governing board members or key officers of charities and officers of societies, who commit CBT are only liable to be punished under Section 406.

The offence carries a maximum sentence of seven years' imprisonment.

In contrast, those who commit CBT under Section 409 may face up to 15 years' jail.

In response to the Court of Appeal's decision, the Attorney-General's Chambers said that it would work with relevant government ministries "on the appropriate revisions to the Penal Code, to ensure that company directors and other persons in similar positions of trust and responsibility are subject to appropriate punishments if they commit criminal breach of trust".

9. IS THIS THE END OF THE SAGA?

The criminal cases, yes. The decision of the apex court on Feb 1, 2018, was final and brings the long-running saga to a close.

Criminal investigations into the case began in 2010.

The trial stretched over 142 days, from its start in 2013 to sentencing in November 2015. It is one of the longest criminal cases in history, shorter only than a drug trafficking case in the 1990s that went on for 168 days.

The case is also likely to be the costliest criminal trial here, with legal fees for the six church leaders possibly exceeding $10 million, lawyers had said.

$50 million = 3.5years jail.

1 year = $14.286 millions
1 month = $1.19 millions

Averagely, he paid back $1.19 million per month in exchange for jail time:clap:

I am very sure, lots of people will queue up to go jail for that price! 

At this point, he is still very rich than average and most Singaporeans! He will still continue to be a Pastor and drawing good salary from the CHC! 

Guest Try and see
16 hours ago, Guest Posh said:

Why are there Tudor houses behind him?

According to today's (23 Aug 2019) Straits Times (link below), they belong to the Upper Bukit Timah neighbourhood where he lives.

Not bad living for a church pastor.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/city-harvest-founder-kong-hee-out-of-prison

• G_M changed the title to City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.