Male HQ

Touching Video (Compiled)

When the little girl pull his big daddy shirt down the belly, her hand almost touches her big daddy's crotch. hehe.

I heard Yasmin is a male, he undergo surgery to become female.

Anyway, of all the ads in the world, this CNY ad by her is one of my fav ever, the message hit us right like a nail, makes one reflect on oneself. Its in Hokkien with english subtitles. No one understand Chinese like her do.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Anyone seen the commercial on the single daddy who brought up his daughter?

Quite a cute chubby daddy, especially in his 'younger' days.

U can catch it here: http://www.thinkfamily.sg/

(PS: I dun work for NFC)

Chub is defintely yummy (not surprised if the one who did casting was a chubby-chaser), HDB flat setting nostalgic, ad-wise a bit predictable, contrived, formulaic, affected?

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

Guest Guests
Chub is defintely yummy (not surprised if the one who did casting was a chubby-chaser), HDB flat setting nostalgic, ad-wise a bit predictable, contrived, formulaic, affected?

chub yummy? dun need so? health is at high risk. a good example of MC king.

He got a nice tummy! :-)

Not bad copycat from Malaysia and Thiland TV channels, much better than those fake advert in the past with nothing but smiling faces!

I don't know about copying from Thailand TV, but Yasmin is Malaysian and you probably saw her many TV ads on Malaysian TV channels. A creative director's style seldom varies, so she has used her style and touch for the Singapore MCYS production - which clearly is a winning formula. For those of us who haven't seen the Malaysian ads the MCYS ad is so refreshing in its approach - simple yet thoughtful. For too long we have seen too much glitz and razzmatazz in the ads produced here. How many of us live in expensive condos, drive snazzy cars, eat in 6-star restaurants and wear designer labels and have looks that belong to starlets? It's not that Singapore doesn't have talented ad folks, but they haven't displayed that spark of genius or ability to touch our hearts, which Yasmin has done over and over again. Perhaps this might spark some rethinking here.

If you can watch her award winning movies such as Sepek, among others. And you will know what I am trying to say in my clumsy words.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

When the little girl pull his big daddy shirt down the belly, her hand almost touches her big daddy's crotch. hehe.

I heard Yasmin is a male, he undergo surgery to become female.

Anyway, of all the ads in the world, this CNY ad by her is one of my fav ever, the message hit us right like a nail, makes one reflect on oneself. Its in Hokkien with english subtitles. No one understand Chinese like her do.

She certainly looked very female to me when I last saw her, and she has a very feminine voice. And she has female hips. She says her husband is Chinese, so that's why her hokkien, cantonese and even mandarin is quite on. And if she wants to she can speak in Queen's English, replete with upper class Brit accent and all that - apparently schooled in Britain for many years.

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

• 1 year later...

(Que Sera Sera)

(Bromance)(watch out for the cute stocky guy with the goatee)

路一直都在(歌词)

穿过人潮汹涌灯火栏栅

没有想过回头

一段又一段走不完的旅程

什么时候能走完

噢我的梦代表什么

又是什么让我们不安

that's just life

寻找梦里的未来

笑对现实的无奈

不能后退的时候

不再傍徨的时候

永远向前路一直都在

穿过一块黎明一片黑暗

什么时候能习惯

又是什么让我们期盼

看不清的路又算什么

看不清的梦又算什么

就算走到尽头又能算什么

能算什么

徘徊到不再徘徊

重来都不怕重来

没有选择的时候

不能选择的时候

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

This is very touching.. thanks alot to share.

I was told once by a friend that most gays are very filial to their parent especially the mother. Don't know if it is true? Guys when married are usually closer to their wives parent(staying near too). Some people said that in modern society, it is better to have daughter because u gain a son-in-law.

The 2nd video paints a very realistic picture of Singapore senior citizen or would be senior citizen. So what if you son or daughter is smart or earning big bucks. What is most important is filiah piety.

Not that it matters but the ads are actually M'sian productions.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Not that it matters but the ads are actually M'sian productions.

Yes Fab, these are better than those shown in SG. Dialect adds that personal touch to the ads too. But then, I am wondering, why Asian countries have to create ads for filial piety......

I hardly watch TV . Are these ads shown in sg?

These ads serve as very good reminders.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

The Petronas ads are done by the fabulous Yasmin Ahmad (may she rest in peace). She was also responsible for the funeral ad which was run by MCYS in Singapore. She has an eye for little details which seem to magnify by leaps and bounds once translated into reel.

Other than these fillial piety ads, she is also responsible for other controversial Petronas ads in Malaysia dealing with racial issues. No surprise why other companies wanted a "Yasmin" treatment to their brand because she more or less created a storm and did wonders for Petronas.

Awesome stuff though. You should watch her movies and the best to date I have seen is "SEPET"... about a forbidden love affair between a Chinese ah beng and a Malay girl. When the credits rolled and the lights came on in the cinema, everyone was struggling and rushing to get their wet eyes dried up and a few were even sobbing. It was THAT sad.

Edited by slayer

• 2 weeks later...

M i a weakling or what, all the ads move me to tears or at least, make my eyes wet......

The Pantene ad is the most powerful, both ideas and executions. I salute the creative people.

My fave actor from Johnnie Walker Ad is Andrew Lien. I think he is one of the most beautiful people.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

两岁没妈的卢亮掉入开水锅百位妈妈网上救助

[发表评论]  

来源: 黑龙江新闻网-生活报 作者: 记者 孙娜 编辑: 杨慧 08-03-04

核心提示:

一个由奶奶看护的两岁半男孩掉进了开水锅里,全身45%的皮肤严重烫伤;而就在半年之前,他的妈妈被歹徒奸杀。“救救这个没妈的孩子吧,也许你不是大款,但只要你有爱心,人人都可以是慈善家……”当这个消息在网上发表后,400多位妈妈被这个命运多舛的孩子牵动着,10元、20元、100元……短短5天时间,2万元捐款通过网络汇集到一起,“孩子,你要坚强地活下去!”

惨剧发生:男孩掉进开水锅

2月20日,佳木斯解放军二二四医院的病房里,两岁半的小男孩卢亮全身血淋淋地躺在病床上,“大夫,大夫,别拿剪子剪我呀,我疼啊!”尽管全身包着纱布,但依然能看出小卢亮漂亮的模样,大大的眼睛,长长的睫毛。“孩子,你再坚持一会儿,马上就换完药了。”主治医生肖伯春哽咽着说。

小卢亮的爸爸卢振海怕孩子疼得咬坏了嘴,在孩子的嘴里塞了一块毛巾。而每一次换药,纱布从小卢亮的身上揭下来,血肉模糊的躯体让现场许多人不忍目睹这一幕,纷纷躲了出去。而从1月15日惨剧发生至今,每天都要换药,那揪心的场景每天都要一遍遍地重复着。

说起惨剧的发生,卢亮的爸爸卢振海眼睛里浸满了泪水:“我在双鸭山一家煤矿打工。今年1月15日那天,我给家里打电话,要回桦南县驼腰子镇下桦村的家里,家里一听高兴坏了,都忙着包饺子,因为我已经快两个月没有回家了。儿子一听说我要回来了特别高兴,把小板凳当马骑,不知道什么时候跑到了厨房的锅台上,结果一下子掉到了开水锅里。”

当爷爷奶奶把小卢亮从开水锅里捞出来时,孩子早已经休克过去。爷爷奶奶当即扒掉孩子身上的衣服,衣服上的热水将爷爷奶奶的手上烫出了无数个大水泡。

邻居帮忙将卢亮送到了佳木斯解放军二二四医院。经过医生诊断,小卢亮全身45%的面积二三度烫伤。至少需要做5次以上的植皮手术。好心的村民自发捐出了一万多元钱,“救孩子命要紧啊!”

命运多舛:半年前妈妈被奸杀

卢振海告诉记者,他原本也有一个幸福的家庭。一家四口生活在桦南县驼腰子镇下桦村,大儿子卢镖考上了中专,妻子在家开了一个小卖店,他在农闲的时候则到外面打工赚钱。2007年6月15日22时许,妻子一个人带着两岁半的卢亮在家。一个歹徒闯入将妻子强奸后勒死,当时小卢亮还在炕上睡觉。

据人们猜测,半夜时孩子醒了,却发现妈妈不在身边,他拉亮了家里的灯,发现妈妈躺在地上,他可能想叫醒妈妈,可是妈妈却永远地“睡着”了。第二天早上,当有人光顾这个小卖店,抱起趴在妈妈身上的小卢亮时,妈妈的肚皮还是热乎的,但整个身体早已冰凉。

爱心闪耀:400妈妈网上救娃

就在卢振海一家陷入困境的时候,2月15日,电视台播放了小卢亮的消息,几天之内,哈尔滨、佳木斯等地的市民纷纷为小卢亮捐款。一位爱心妈妈在网上论坛上发布了一条帖子,随即,一场轰轰烈烈的网络捐助也开始了。

3月2日晚,记者登录该网络论坛浏览后发现,该条帖子的浏览率非常高,许多人都在上面留言关注着小卢亮的命运。该网站的版主告诉记者:“400多位妈妈都参与这个活动,就连北京、上海、杭州的妈妈们看到消息也都参与进来了,5天的时间我们一共捐助了2万多元钱。”

3月3日,当记者再次联络到卢振海时,他告诉记者,目前小卢亮已经做了四次植皮手术,五天之后,小卢亮将做第五次手术。对于社会各界给予小卢亮的关爱,他不知道用什么样的语言表达谢意。他随身携带的一个小本子上密密麻麻地记载着好心人的名字。他表示,等小卢亮出院后,他将带着大儿子到外地去打工,无论如何都要把好心人的钱还上。

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=118923764829373#! (Facebook Video)(Very Touching)

http://bbs.yaolan.com/thread_6907659_7.aspx

• 4 months later...

I thought the Thai Life Insurance one is exceptionally touching.

PS The choice of the BGM is most appropriate. It is a tune called, 'Weather Cock' by the Japanese guitar duo, Depapepe.

Edited by chubaholic

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Watch the video http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/dog-in-japan-stays-by-the-side-of-its-ailing-friend-in-the-rubble

and Here is an English translation of the voiceover exchange between the two reporters in the clip (translation courtesy of Toshiyuki Kitamura):

We are in Arahama area. Looks like there is a dog. There is a dog. He looks tired and dirty. He must have been caught in the tsunami. He looks very dirty.

He has a collar. He must be someone's pet. He has a silver collar. He is shaking. He seems very afraid.

Oh, there is another dog. I wonder if he is dead.

Where?

Right there. There is another dog right next to the one sitting down. He is not moving. I wonder. I wonder if he is alright.

The dog is protecting him.

Yes. He is protecting the dog. That is why he did not want us to approach them. He was trying to keep us at bay.

I can't watch this. This is a very difficult to watch.

Oh. Look. He is moving. He is alive. I am so happy to see that he is alive.

Yes! Yes! He is alive.

He looks to be weakened. We need to them to be rescued soon. We really want them rescued soon.

Oh good. He's getting up.

It is amazing how they survived the tremendous earthquake and tsunami. It's just amazing that they survived through this all.

Guest Doggie

I always believe dogs are most loyal buddy in the animal kingdom. They made good gay buddy too...especially if one remains single all their life.

there's anther one on a squarrel protecting his dying friend too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

I always believe dogs are most loyal buddy in the animal kingdom. They made good gay buddy too...especially if one remains single all their life.

my partner n mine dog died 4 months ago, she was 22 years old. she was our daughter and our baby. i still cry almost everynight for her. we most likely will not have another again. but they really do give u great joy. but its a really huge responsibility as there are many many things 2 do that is not cute when u keep a dog. dun rush in2 getting one, its for life no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thanks GM, for posting such very meaningful stories. Simple, and some much truth.

There are so many simple things in life we took for granted but overlooked their essense, because our selfish sides is only concerned with our own wants and desires.

Thanks.

Kind of remind me of this story - Precious Present by Spencer Johnson.

PS, That Luo Ann Li lady compere ( in the third fouth stories) infact acted as Guo Fu in the 1984 Andy Lau's version of Shen Dian Xie Lu

Edited by TheVisitors

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic