Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

Guest know it all

Ermm.. well, just have your regular healthy stuff, either eat more of them or move around / do sports less.. you will grow.

I think for the sumos.. prob. high blood pressure.. the rest of the other diseases. related to being that big.. well, not too sure.. But the sumos are not just all big and fat.. they have quite some solid muscles too under those fats..

sumo wrestlers have all the problems associated with obesity.

in fact, sumo wrestlers who are in the elephant class i.e. super duper huge grandmaster size... have a typical lifespan of about 45 years...

That is why they are such celebraties in the sumo world... they are revered for their sacrifice for the 'sport'...

I dun mind being grandmaster world champion huge superchub class man... you get to eat about 30kg of meat and rice and fish and veg every day...

you hava a man-servant to take care of all your needs... actually a few!!

You have them help to bathe you... becos you can no longer reach all of your body...

mmmmm..... i think even sexual desires are taken care of by them if you know what I mean heh heh heh.... I cannot imagine a geisha servicing this category of hugeness...

but sometimes I wonder... if that is the body size... how about the dick size..... all things being equal... the dick would be swollowed by the fats in the groin area right??? left 2 inch? or 3? ... it would be wonderful if still got 6 full inches... hahaha...

:whistle:

oh yeah... so interested by the sumo wrestler i forgot to address the original question:

you dun drink oil to get fat...

you consume more calories than you burn... and over time you accumulate fat...

so yes, you can eat healthy and still get fat... but at a slower rate...

eating hamburgers won't make you fat... it would just kill you in 2 months.. you never seen the movie 'super size me'????

you need to eat a lot of yummy foods.... 6 to 8 full meals a day...

start with breakfast!

Western style breakfast with 2 eggs, fried. 4 strips beacon, fried, 6 slices toast with kaya and butter;

1 large plate Chai Tao Kuay, add egg

1 packet glutunous rice, add sweet sauce

1 plate mee siam

3 cups coffee or tea, gar dai... or add sugar... plus milk

2 cans of soft drinks non-diet type.

**(eat all of this hor... ok ok... beginners can choose a combination of any 3 dishes... can substitute, but cannot remove)

mid morning snack:

1 plate longtong, eat all and drink the gravy.

1 plate nasi-lemak with egg, fish cake, otah, etc.

12 pcs chwee kuay

2 strips chee cheong fun with sweet sauce and oil

2 cups ice milo/bundung/coffee/tea gar dai...

** same... eat all or close substitute, not chose one...

Lunch:

wa... this one... the list is long but distinguished... choose at least 3 items...

1 plate roast pork rice with char siew, add one extra bowl rice with gravy

1 plate hainanese chicken rice, add one extra bowl rice

1 large serving of quay chap, 2 to 3 bowls of 'chap'

1 bowl of mee pok dry... upsized, or wanton noodle, or lor mee, etc.

1 plate roast duck or lor duck rice, with 2 bowls rice/gravy, or yam rice ... yum...

or eat until full tim sum... too long a list... but essentially 2 servings of everything ba... hahahaha... be sure to include char siew buns...

1 Combination rice include curry chicken, black sauce pork (tao yu bak) etc, at least 2 meats la...

Drink sugar cane juice or coconut juice ... or soft drinks, or fruit juices also can.

Tea time:

1 plate Char Kuay Teow

1 bowl laksa or lor mee or wanton mee, etc...

1 swiss roll chocolate cake... or any bakery type food... make sure 2 helpings

1 bowl soto ayam

1 plate rojak

1 bowl tao huay/tao suan with yu tiao

2 cups beverage i.e. coffee, tea, milo, soft drinks, fruit juice ok.

Dinner

1 clay pot chicken rice for 3 persons.... you one person eat

30 sticks satay, any meat, preferably mutton/pork, kutipat 2

Fried Hokkien noodles big plate

bak kut teh... plus one bowl of internal organs, 2 bowls rice

beef noodles dry

western grill, any type, preferable steak or lambchops or pork chops

curry fish head... the whole thing... one person or 2 eat... plus rice & drink the curry kekeke...

buffet dinner... eat until cannot eat lor... make your money worth ma...

cakes, sweet desserts, fruits, beer.

night snack

fried Beef hor fun

mui fan

dim sum

laksa, you decide la... lots to chose

bean curd plus yu tiao

beer or stout, or soft drinks

late night snack

durians... eat until full!!! i.e. at least 3 x 1kg size... make sure good one shiok to eat

nasi lemak with everything!!

roti prata - muturbak big one

Teh tarik at least 3 cups

mee goreng

kambeng soup with bread

just before you sleep...

home cook instant noodle 2 packets!!

make dry... add oil, oyster sauce, ketchup, chili, pepper to taste...

drink fruit juice, milo, or soft drink.

yoghurt if you have any... drink 2 bottles... yakult or vitagen...

Oh yeah... in between meals and snacks, make sure you eat chocolate, potato chips, prawn crackers, marsh mellows, tinned fruits such as peaches, etc. and Ice cream... lots of ice cream!!!

wake up same thing again... variation for variety sake...but this is the type of intake you need to follow to 'gain weight'

remember... do not walk down the stairs, take the lift.

dun walk... take taxi or bus. or drive...

sell away your gym membership, bycicle and in-line skates.

the only sports you do is pool, bowling, and sauna...

ok keep this up for a few years I guarantee you change your wardrobe at least a few times... (keep out growing your clothes... sideways...)

Baloo, are those diet plans part of your plans too? I can see you are also trying to be a Sumo Wrestler going for the Yokozuna title right?

I was wondering, how many male servants do you have to ..help to bathe you...and take care of your sexual desires.. etc. etc.? :D:lol:

Baloo, are those diet plans part of your plans too? I can see you are also trying to be a Sumo Wrestler going for the Yokozuna title right?

I was wondering, how many male servants do you have to ..help to bathe you...and take care of your sexual desires.. etc. etc.? :D:lol:

This is my 'dream' diet... if I can eat like that and dun grow fat and dun die young from eating... I will follow it fairly strictly... it's all my favourite foods... actually after reviewing it, I forgot to add pasta and steaks and beer... lunch and dinner...

As to whether i am trying to become a sumo wrestler... I am not. In fact, it is precisely because I can no longer sustain such a diet, that I put it down so others can succeed me... maybe you might be interested GM?

The question of how many work to service me... that is very strictly private business... hahahaha... bathe me? only my boy-boy has that privillege...

Hi,

Any way to grow fat healthily without eating all those burgers, etc?

Do all those sumo wrestlers have health problems because of their massive weight?

Thanks.

Hmmmm, just found from other blog on ….

Sumo Wrestlers: This is How You Get Fat

There's only one sport where they actually aim to gain as much body fat as possible: Sumo Wrestling. According to this article - here is what a sumo wrestler does to get fat:

1. Skip breakfast. By depriving their bodies of food after eight hours of sleep, their metabolic rates stay low.

2. Exercise on an empty stomach. If their bodies have

no food, their metabolic thermostats are turned down even lower to conserve fuel.

3. Take a nap after eating. The Sumo secret for gaining weight is that, after eating, they sleep for at least four hours.

4. Eat late in the day. Going to bed with full stomachs means that their bodies must respond to the huge flood of nutrients with a rush of insulin, forcing their bodies to store some of it in the cells as fat instead of in the muscles and organs as nutrients.

5. Always eat with others in a social atmosphere. According to leading researchers, a meal eaten with others can be at least 44 percent larger and with 30 percent more calories and fat.

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2005/03/...you_get_fat.php

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

Sumo Wrestlers: This is How You Get Fat

There's only one sport where they actually aim to gain as much body fat as possible: Sumo Wrestling. According to this article - here is what a sumo wrestler does to get fat:

1. Skip breakfast. By depriving their bodies of food after eight hours of sleep, their metabolic rates stay low.

2. Exercise on an empty stomach. If their bodies have

no food, their metabolic thermostats are turned down even lower to conserve fuel.

3. Take a nap after eating. The Sumo secret for gaining weight is that, after eating, they sleep for at least four hours.

4. Eat late in the day. Going to bed with full stomachs means that their bodies must respond to the huge flood of nutrients with a rush of insulin, forcing their bodies to store some of it in the cells as fat instead of in the muscles and organs as nutrients.

5. Always eat with others in a social atmosphere. According to leading researchers, a meal eaten with others can be at least 44 percent larger and with 30 percent more calories and fat.

OMG I usually skip breakfast, eat late in the day and eat with others in a social atmosphere. No wonder my weight has been constantly on the upward trend!

OK got to start eating breakfast and eat alone liao

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I am 39yo. My waist line since my teen is always 27-28 inches. Any ideas to increase to

30-31 inches.

Does gym help, like squat or leg press. I do eat lots of junk food, never increase, instead I got acne on my face and back.

I dun want to be seen like a lady boy with only 28inch ,good to F..... I am top and act very men, just when I look down look on my waist with my loose pants I got lots of shame and disappointments.

It has been so many years, I want a change. Any old birds have some good ideas to gain weight on my waist. Other part of body look ok.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

my, you know how many folks out there would love to have slim figure, just look at the number of sliming center ads on the media nowadays.

reality is, genetic you are born slim, just like some are just chubby, regardless of how less they ate.

gym will help to build up and tone your body, so instead of looking pencil thin, you would have some muscle to pack the clothes. you can try protein supplements during your gym routine.

countary to belief, eating a lot of junk food maynot give you mass esp if you are born with a slim gene, instead that increases your chances of high blood pressure and heart attacks.

so eat well, exercise and most importantly, have confiendence in yourself, just like chubby folks have their followers, slim people has their admirers.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

At 39yo, I dun think you will have major changes in your waist line due to metabolism.

I used to be only 26 inch but now I am 29 inch. Very happy but difficult to maintain coz once I eat a bit more, I will tend to go close to 30 inch. You should be glad that you can stay slim without much effort.

You can build up on your chest, shoulders, bicpes and triceps and you will still be a lean, toned muscular manly guy with small waist.

I dun see any problem with that.

• 2 years later...

I am in my 40s and find it harder to build muscules and mass. I train at least 4 times a week and about 2 hours / session. But I am not getting the result I want. Am I doing things right? Any advice?

Is anyone here having the same issue? How do you overcome it? Using supplements? Special diet? Any special workout routines to recommend?

I would appreciate it if you guys can share your experience with me. Thank you.

learn to see the sparkle in others. not just the flaw.

some tips from my trainer for building mass.

1. reduce workout time, keep it to 45min - 1hour (excluding warmup), since testosterone levels actually drop after a certain amt of time.

2. remember to do the Big 3 exercises which works out compound muscles: deadlift, squats and chest press. if you are advanced, u can try olympic lifts and clean and jerk. the most impt thing is to stimulate ur larger muscle groups and as many as possible per rep.

3. Vary your workout routines monthly or bimonthly. Don't stick to one routine over and over again, vary the reps and sets.

4. workout ur supporting muscles also, like forearms, rotator cuffs etc, that will allow you to lift heavier.

5. If you're doing long distance running/jogging/ cardio, reduce that and focus on high intensity interval training instead for fat burning. That helps to retain muscle mass by keeping ur fast twitch muscles(good for explosive action) which tend to be bigger than slow twitch muscles (good for stamina-based action).

Diet:

High protein, low carb diet (esp if you are of the fatter build like me, if ur thin and want to build up, then carbs encouraged).

key is protein: eat at minimum 1.5 x (your weight in pounds) grams of proteins a day.

for example i am 100kg = 220 lbs, so i eat about 220x1.5 = 330g of proteins a day.

your meals should be spread across the day, 5-6 meals, rather than 3. for body to grow, u need to feed it continuously.

Supplement:

zinc to boost testosterone production

magnesium for sleeping well

Whey protein/caesin/bcaa for repair and growth of muscles

fish oil for fat burning

glutamine for post workout recovery.

been following the above program more or less over the past year and half, muscle mass has definitely increased quite significantly, but i've rather lazy with my carb intake and interval training, so still have fats. :P but for muscle growing, the above definitely works.

Dear Utopaen

Thank you very much. I am doing some of the exercises mentioned.

Perhaps I need to be more discipline on my diet and reduce my workout time to an hour (max).

Is old age one of the contributing factors to slower muscules / mass building? I can see younger guys in the gym build up muscules / mass quite fast without much effort.

Thank you once again.

BR

dave

Young guys will build faster due to their levels of testosterone and metabolism being higher, it's would be hard for an older guy to build as fast unless you are genetically gifted.

basically the big three exercises will raise ur levels of testosterone and metabolism which in the long run will help in muscle building. A good side effect is that you will feel more horny. haha

but yar, older guys will prob take longer times. Plus, after gymming for about a year and speaking to quite a number of trainers and friends, i also realised that the younger crowd is more willing to experiment with steroids. so when u see sudden massive growth, it might be because of that rather than their age or training methods.

I think diet is the key thing here, if you have not been eating a high protein diet..then must start. I've seen gym mates who have been working out for years and they are rather nice and lean toned, but cannot get massive. the minute they start whacking proteins, the growth is immediately obvious. :)

All I can say is, continue to work hard in the gym and read up on various kinds of workouts u can do, even for squats and deadllifts, there are many variations that you can use.

Guest slayer

Mind sharing what are the protein foods? I am gymming and soon to be tipping the scales at 80kg as I am on my way to making myself look like a GMAN. Hahahaha...

Don't keep thiniking that if you want to gain weight & gain muscle mass just concentrate in protein foods only, Carbohydrate Foods, Fiber Foods & others also very important too.

Get enough sleep & don't let your body too stress are important, let your body & mind to have a good rest to start for the new day & work, so it can built & have time to repair.

Common protein rich foods can include:

•Milk

•Soy Milk

•Eggs

•Cheese

•Yogurt

•Peanut Butter

•Lean Meats, Fish, and Poultry

•Beans, Tofu, Lentils, and other Legumes

•Grains, including bread and pasta

•Nuts and Seeds

http://build-muscle-gain-weight.com/muscle-building-high-protein-foods.html

http://www.myfit.ca/foods_highest_protein.asp

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/top-10-protein-foods

that just afew search from website, but hope it enough help, happy workout.

Edited by snowball

foods containing proteins = meat, fish, eggs, nuts. stay away from tofu/soybean though, it's oestrogenic (it mimics the female hormone oestrogen and can lead to man boobs).

Don't be afraid of eating fats (but in moderation)..it's essential for growth (fats are needed for cell membranes) hehe

Utopaen, that's why i never put anything infront of Carbohydrate Foods, so it can be High or Low :lol:,

you ought to know your body & age too, if your age is caughting up, best is not going for very High protein foods too often, as long you are fit, that's most important, if you too " big " in your size, you may be in trouble when in old age, hard to maintain, don't cos you want to have hot big built then you " stress " your heart & body :D

Edited by snowball

davecub, frankly, we don't know what have you train in your workout session, what type of machines & free weight you are using, so is hard for us to say anything, timing too long does not mean you will achieve your target, is all about your body & types of training. as what Utopaen said, maybe you cut to an hour, each day do different parts ( eg today you more concentrate in your chests etc ), so your body wont be too stress, how long have you been serious workout we don't know too, don't be too discourage, some people take more times than other, you may like to ask those people in your gym for advice? i think that's better. cheers

Edited by snowball

I guess the high protein diet is really for those who want to achieve a certain mass/look (eg G-men). As snowball said, to achieve different body types, training and diet would be different. I just jumped to the conclusion that davecub wants to get to that size based on his question on why he is not puttin on mass and muscle (plus his avatar pic ..haha)

As for aging and size, i think as long as one can maintain it regularly, it should be fine. But as snowball said, in order not to stress your heart and body, u do need to take precautions. eg, some form of metabolic training should still take place, ur supporting muscles on your back, upper and lower, your legs and knees need to be built up in order to support one's weight.

Dear Utopaen and snowball

Thank you for your good advice. I am trying to progress my weight training to the next level. Gmen or not is not important...some guys said I am and some said no way, so it is very subjective. Being healthy & fit is more important, especially as I grow older.

Obviously both of you are very expeienced gymer, I thank you you for sharing those valuable tips with me here. I will continue to train hard and hopefully will see better result soon.

Cheers

davecub

1. reduce workout time, keep it to 45min - 1hour (excluding warmup), since testosterone levels actually drop after a certain amt of time.

2. remember to do the Big 3 exercises which works out compound muscles: deadlift, squats and chest press. if you are advanced, u can try olympic lifts and clean and jerk. the most impt thing is to stimulate ur larger muscle groups and as many as possible per rep.

May I know will it be heavier weight,less rep or lighter weight,more rep?

Supplement:

zinc to boost testosterone production

magnesium for sleeping well

Can you recommend the brand for zinc and magnesium supplement?

thank you

May I know will it be heavier weight,less reps or lighter weight,more rep?

depends what you want:

you want to pump out muscle mass, heavy weight less rep ( also not say less la, even free weight also around 12 reps, if really very heavy, you can even just do 6 - 8 reps, so is all depends, you can't expect beginner to have same standard compare to those regulars right? i ever read a book before, claim that no matter how many sets you do, best is one set u do 10 rep, he also dunno the reason :lol:

for tone - average weight, more reps

serious gymmer normally will into free weights more than machines

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GNC / nature's farm / organic ( rem ever a reader mention this brand before ), you can even go to any pharmacy store to seek for their recommended & advice.

eg, Bioscience Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc

GNC Pro Performance® - Zinc Magnesium Aspartate

GNC Calcium 1000 Magnesium 400

GNC Magnesium 500

GNC Pro Performance® - Zinc Magnesium Aspartate

GNC Mens Zinc Formula 100

GNC Zinc Picolinate 30

most gymmer like to buy their supplements from GNC

http://www.nutritionpark.com/healthfitness/index.np

http://www.supplementshop.com.sg/shop/?main_page=index&cPath=4

Edited by snowball

if u wanna build muscles, choose a weight that's not light but not too heavy as well. if u can do like 10 reps effortlessly, it's too light. ideal one should be 5 to 6 reps where during the last 2 reps, you will struggle a bit. but if you are a beginner, dun act hero. learn the proper way first.

try not to rest too long between each set. best is around 60 seconds.

break up meals into 5 to 6 small ones. this will keep your metabolism going and constantly feed your muscles. if it's 3 big meals, the content of 1 meal might be too much. if the body doesn't utilise all, some will be stored as fats.

try to do more compound exercises like what others mentioned. and try to use free weights more. some machines can do more harm than good as they restrict your body's natural movement that will cause you injuries easily.

lastly. rest. your muscles only grow during rest, not in the gym. and oh, best not to train the same muscle groups daily, allow alternate days rest etc. and be patient, muscles will not pop out like in a few days. allow yourself a few months to see results!

why? find urself getting old and unattractive therefore decided to focus on ur ageing body?

dont waste time la...even if got nice body, ppl will bitch ur face and ur age one.

ops the truth hurts!

May I know will it be heavier weight,less rep or lighter weight,more rep?

thank you

i normally get my supplements from online stores, for basic herbal and mineral supplements, iherb.com , while based in US, is very cheap. can get zinc/magnesium from that website. otherwise, just search for bodybuilding supplements singapore, there are at least 5-6 online based stores over here. compare the table of contents for each supp u want, check out the price, go to GNC and do a comparison. I think normally online websites are cheaper, unless it ur bday at GNC and its offering some discount.

foods containing proteins = meat, fish, eggs, nuts. stay away from tofu/soybean though, it's oestrogenic (it mimics the female hormone oestrogen and can lead to man boobs).

Don't be afraid of eating fats (but in moderation)..it's essential for growth (fats are needed for cell membranes) hehe

Hey Guys,

I'm lactose intolerant, hence i can't take milk with my protein shake. I've been taking it wif soya bean milk instead. Any other suggestions of what other beverages to take with the protein powder? I dun wanna get man boobs later. Haha...

i normally get my supplements from online stores, for basic herbal and mineral supplements, iherb.com , while based in US, is very cheap. can get zinc/magnesium from that website. otherwise, just search for bodybuilding supplements singapore, there are at least 5-6 online based stores over here. compare the table of contents for each supp u want, check out the price, go to GNC and do a comparison. I think normally online websites are cheaper, unless it ur bday at GNC and its offering some discount.

Even the discounted items that the GNC offers us on our birthday months is still more expensive than the local-based online stores .. I normally buy powder based-supplements (protein, glutamine, creatine, etc) from Singapore based online sotre, while vitamins and other tablets/caplets based-supplements from US online store(in bulk quantity) - it's much cheaper that way.

Another worth mention source of testosterone is fresh cum juice! Especially from the 17, 18 and 19 years old. They are always horny and cum plenty! Just offer to pay them $5 a shot and they will be willing to give you at least 3 times a day. :thumb:

Serve my fellow bottom men well !

Recommended Daily Allowance for the body to function well is 50-60% carbo (preferably complex carbo), 20-30% protein, and the rest is made up of fats. It may look like a lot, but actually the fats is there to help facilitate the growth of cells. You can top up and adjust your proteins and fats accordingly, but you can not reduce carbo intake, because if the body is staved of the sugars it needs to use as fuel for the body, it will start to break down your muscles as an alternative fuel source instead. Fats will always be the last source of energy for the body.

so Boya, are you using this method to keep u fit, youthful & healthy? :lol:

I did that when I was living overseas where you can get lots of young cum easily. I got them "delivered" to my house regularly. Personally I find the taste and smell repulsive but I have o force myself to swallow it every time because I know those young juices is good for my skin and to maintain my testosterone level as I get older. Highly recommended! :thumb:

I did that when I was living overseas where you can get lots of young cum easily. I got them "delivered" to my house regularly. Personally I find the taste and smell repulsive but I have o force myself to swallow it every time because I know those young juices is good for my skin and to maintain my testosterone level as I get older. Highly recommended! :thumb:

HAHA...I hope readers take this recommendation as a joke. There is no medical reference concerning this act but is a high risk of getting STDs or even HIV if one allows cum to contact onto an open wound in his mouth. Be cautious, dun take chances.

I believe if one trains regularly with proper diet and supplements ( as recommended by the above readers ), muscles will grow and fats will be burnt. Bodybuilding is a long and determined process, patience and endurance need to be emphasized. :twisted:

HAHA...I hope readers take this recommendation as a joke. There is no medical reference concerning this act but is a high risk of getting STDs or even HIV if one allows cum to contact onto an open wound in his mouth. Be cautious, dun take chances.

I believe if one trains regularly with proper diet and supplements ( as recommended by the above readers ), muscles will grow and fats will be burnt. Bodybuilding is a long and determined process, patience and endurance need to be emphasized. :twisted:

Of course its not a joke! Who ask you to swallow when you have open wounds? Of course when the fresh juice source is young and health and when you are healthy. That's when you absorb the best minerals and chemicals from those precious squirts. Remember not to waste a single drop because young juices are very precious and nutritious! :thumb:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.