Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

i m 38 170 57 ,i intend to gain my weight n build my muscle,i m taking weight gainner from GNC product for 2 year plus,n i do work out at least 3 time a week,every time take abt 3 hrs,but the result seems not so good,anybody can give me some advise what should i do next?change other product?i heard some vinegar can help,any recomend?thanks!!!

i m 38 170 57 ,i intend to gain my weight n build my muscle,i m taking weight gainner from GNC product for 2 year plus,n i do work out at least 3 time a week,every time take abt 3 hrs,but the result seems not so good,anybody can give me some advise what should i do next?change other product?i heard some vinegar can help,any recomend?thanks!!!

Can you explain what you meant by "results not so good"? Did you see muscles, bulk, or definition? Cannot be nothing at all after 2 years and spending all those money on soybeans powder rite? Maybe you need some young juices as supplements? :thumb:

Serve my fellow bottom men well !

Can you explain what you meant by "results not so good"? Did you see muscles, bulk, or definition? Cannot be nothing at all after 2 years and spending all those money on soybeans powder rite? Maybe you need some young juices as supplements? :thumb:

i wanna gain more weight,but only beginning state the weight increase,after a few month its stop to increase weight untill now,only can c a bit muscle only,but i wan more,i heard from ppl say need to have more weight then can have a good muscle,rite?what u mean by 'young juices'?any good recomend?

i wanna gain more weight,but only beginning state the weight increase,after a few month its stop to increase weight untill now,only can c a bit muscle only,but i wan more,i heard from ppl say need to have more weight then can have a good muscle,rite?what u mean by 'young juices'?any good recomend?

I believe there are too many misconceptions about how to gain mucle and loose fat. Gaining weight and gaining muscle is too different thing. I'd recommend you to invest on personal training with a qualified trainer who would be able to assist you regarding your probelm. Alternatively invest on some good books or magazine to be able to understand your condition better.

Normally serious gymmers and bodybuilders have two cycles in their training: bulk up and cutting cycle, bulk up is when you have your weight gainer, protein, carbs etc to gain mass and cutting cycle is when you reduce some of those carbs and stop your weight gainer intake to see more of your body definition. And your training definitely have to be adjusted accordingly, short and sharp training that is. Not more than 1 hour per day per muscle group. Last but not least to sum it up .. sleep + eat + train well would be able to get the body you want ..

Good luck!

At 38, you are a little too skinny.

But let me assure you that once you hit 40, the weight will escalate as the metabolism slows down tremendously.

Then you will be (like me), trying your best to shed those extra weight!

So check your exercise regime and your diet, please.

I have been hitting the gym most daily for the past 3 months and results are showing.

I had lost 3 kg in the past quarter and it is obvious to my friends.

I have better skin and better moods.. male menopause is sinking in fast....

Overall, with a proper mindset and a sound advice from the instructor, I am happy with my weight loss.

to quote unitight "...sleep + eat + train.."

based on your weight height ratio, probably need to look into your diet, a mass gainer does not necessarily mean you will gain muscle mass, go to websites like bodybuilding.com or T-nation to read up on diet, and of course training. :)

It all depends on the body type you want to achieve. Again no matter what, there is no easy way out - Discipline, determination, proper diet (healthy lifestyle) + sufficient rest are the basic rules to a better, healthier and fitter body.

As for me, I want to bulk and build up more muscules, so I have to change my diet (may be take some specific supplements or abosrb them from certain meats/vege/fruits) and vary my workout routines to improve my strength to be able to lift heavier weight.

By reading or do some research will definitely help you to understand better how to obtain your goal in the safe way.

learn to see the sparkle in others. not just the flaw.

Guest 31yo-172-90

It all depends on the body type you want to achieve. Again no matter what, there is no easy way out - Discipline, determination, proper diet (healthy lifestyle) + sufficient rest are the basic rules to a better, healthier and fitter body.

Interesting info on building muscle but shud all using the supplement?

I heard if we gain muscle with supplement, in later stage we stop and all the muscle will just became not hard anymore is it true?

davecub, so where do u train? engaged on PT?

Tried Cali PT sessions 3 times only and felt they r too pushy to ask u sign for long term packages.

And during the 3 times almost done nothing at all so fed up

Where to get better PT? currently member in Planet-Fit, u think their PT will be better?

I heard if we gain muscle with supplement, in later stage we stop and all the muscle will just became not hard anymore is it true?

It is defintiely NOT true that your muscles will grow soft once you stop the supplements. Why would they? In fact, they supplements are like a kickstart to help you get there, and you continue the rest of the journey on your own. With constant training, there is no reason for you to grow soft. Just stay away from steroids because that is one sure fire way of making your (cock) soft. Hahahaha...

Weight gaining supplements are very effective for first time users and the results are very obvious. I myself started putting on mass and weight within 3 weeks of usage. However, once your body gets used to the intake, the results sort of taper off until there are no results at all. So it is best you space the supplement taking apart.

davecub, so where do u train? engaged on PT?

Tried Cali PT sessions 3 times only and felt they r too pushy to ask u sign for long term packages.

And during the 3 times almost done nothing at all so fed up

Where to get better PT? currently member in Planet-Fit, u think their PT will be better?

All these chain gyms are very "hard sell". Some more than others so it is very difficult to determine which one is "better". What do you want to achieve? PT sessions can only do that much because ultimately it is still up to you to take the lessons you've learnt from and apply them. I myself have never had a PT session in my life but from asking the instructors a bit here and there every now and then, you can sorta piece the puzzle together and next thing you know, voila - you have your own routine. This can be complimented by flipping through Men's Health Magazine because they have some awesome work out routines for you to choose from. I am a cheapskate, I flip through them in Borders and input the routines into my PALM.

I achieved all these without having to spend a single cent. :)

If you still insist on PT, then try to get to know an instructor better first before signing up for a PT session next time. If you both do not have "chemistry", I can foresee it to be a very boring session not just for you, but for the instructor as well. When this happens, it will definitely impede on his passion in delivering the right advise to making your work out more effective.

Not necessary for all to take supplement when you have a very good eating habit & balance diet - knowing what to eat to help muscules growth and recovery after each workout. But having some basic supplement is still a must.

All muscules will become not hard if we stop exercising them regularly. E.g. a person who do sports regularly will have harder musules as compared to a person with no exercise.

I can't advice you much on PT coz I never have one before, perhaps other BWers can share their expereince.

In my opinion, PT is good for beginners but for long term, it is better to have a good workout/gym buddy. During the 3 PT sessions, you should have learned how to use the gym equipment and the basis of workout. You can find out more by picking up some good health and bodybuilding mazgaines. From there, you will able to get some good workout routines, they are very useful.

Other BW-ers who are much experienced in this and have good tips, please add on or correct me if I am not saying it right.

Cheers

davecub

Wow, great topic with alot of information.

Actually, the Uncle with such body is only "special" when he is in 50s but if in 40s, you can find many in Gyms with much better body. ;)

I have been in Gym for almost 2 years, there are some changes but not so much. My target now is having tone/6 pack stomach, like the actors in "Permanent Residence" or like "snowball" :P. Pls advise how I can have it ??? My eating is very diet already.

I even dont eat rice for 2-3 weeks, no problem for me. Lunch is only noodle or padthai, evening is normally vege + spaghetti or beefsteak ...

I dont know why I dont like muscle or be muscle at all, touching those body is not sensitive to me :P or I wont look good in such muscle body BUT after joining gym, I know that in order to have such muscle body/6 pack, it is NOT easy at all. I do appreciate them.

Being in Cali surrounded by all muscle guys, a slim guy will look sexier :P

So pls advise how to have "snowball" stomach !!! :P

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

Just wanna to say thank you for your advice and suggestions.

For the past 2 weeks, I have managed to push myself out of my comforty zone. Now I am able to lift and squat heavier, and definitely feel much stronger. I have shortened my training times by half hour, varied my training routines a bit and changed my diet as well. I think it is working for me. :D

I will continue to push myself and get better in size & mass.

Thank you all again and hope you guys are getting better & closer in obtaining your training objectives.

Take care. :)

Edited by davecub

• 2 months later...
Guest Transformer

Hullo.

How many days interval do you rest after hitting it out at the gym?

One day or two? Someone told me, never hit the same muscle group twice in a week. Is it true?

Any advance gymmers, share tips please..

Been working out since 1999, I am not an advance gymmer but would like to share with u some of my observations.

Better to rest 2 days to give ample time for muscle to rest/grow. U get better results. Happy Gymming

Based on my own experience, 1 day interval is good enough to allow your body to rest. Normally on the day that I don't do weights, I'll do cardio.

What your friend said is partially true. You can hit the same muscle group within a week but give it an ample rest, between 2 - 3 days before you do it again. The smaller the muscle, eg. arms (biceps and triceps) the more you need rest.

If you only do each muscle group a workout once a week and everyday you hit different muscle group, eg. Monday = chest, Tuesday = back, Wednesday = legs, etc. you can even do your weight training everyday (5 - 6 times a week)!

Based on my own experience, 1 day interval is good enough to allow your body to rest. Normally on the day that I don't do weights, I'll do cardio.

What your friend said is partially true. You can hit the same muscle group within a week but give it an ample rest, between 2 - 3 days before you do it again. The smaller the muscle, eg. arms (biceps and triceps) the more you need rest.

If you only do each muscle group a workout once a week and everyday you hit different muscle group, eg. Monday = chest, Tuesday = back, Wednesday = legs, etc. you can even do your weight training everyday (5 - 6 times a week)!

If I do monday = chest + cadio, wednesday = arms (biceps & triceps) and shoulders + cadio, friday = abs and legs + cadio, then I will get body pains here and there whole week?

May I know how to overcome the pains? :rolleyes:

If I do monday = chest + cadio, wednesday = arms (biceps & triceps) and shoulders + cadio, friday = abs and legs + cadio, then I will get body pains here and there whole week?

May I know how to overcome the pains? :rolleyes:

Possibly you will get soreness from different muscle groups but it won't give you a reason not to train the other unaffected muscles. The sorenss may take days to recover but once you get used to it, it only remains for 1 day at most.

I normally don't do anything to overcome it, in fact I love it .. usually am feeling quite horny :twisted:

Take note that when you do chest (pushing action), main muscle groups are pectoralis major, triceps and front deltoid and when you do pulling actions like (lats pull down), main muscle groups are lats, biceps and back deltoid. So don't go do chest when your triceps still ache or do rows / pull down when your biceps still ache. And please don't do long aerobic endurance and resistance (anaerobic) for your legs on the same day... it may reduce your anaerobic capabilities and hence be counterproductive

I guess when they are aching, muscle remodelling process should be going on and you would not want to disrupt the process..

I guess adaption (regularly hitting the gym) for awhile would decrease the ache time. As well as sufficient carbohydrate uptake after the workout to replenish your muscle glycogen will allow you to recover faster. On a sidenote protein synthesis can remain elevated for up to 48 hours after workout so protein uptake is important too. Normally people are recommended to consume 0.8g / kg of bodyweight of protein but athletes can consume up to 1.4.

Guest -random

Wootz.

Thanks guys for the tips and comments.

I guess I will rest two days if I feel i have lifted hard enough.

Oh, and biceps and triceps needs more days to recover?? :blink: Normally after hitting the major groups, I will do biceps and triceps workout. Bad move?

no la, not say they need more days to recover. just saying when u do bench press u're actually using triceps also, so dun go use it the next day, even though ur triceps dun feel much. yes you should do major group first then hit smaller individual muscles, not much point tiring out biceps then go do rows or lats cause i dont think you will end up working the lats anyway. yup so smaller muscle groups leave it after large muscle groups.

Workout 1 day rest 30 days. Dont be such a cheapo, go hire a personal trainer instead of asking tiresome questions

Tsk tsk... Did your bitch dog just bite you and turned you into a bitch as well? Or are you harassed by all the supernatural things that got you so irritated and bitchy for nothing? The question is a valid one and definitely doesn't warrant your bitchy response.

I wonder what is wrong with some people. They simply love to act guai lan (i.e. cocky) online only to turn out to be a mouse in person. For fxck?

Tsk tsk... Did your bitch dog just bite you and turned you into a bitch as well? Or are you harassed by all the supernatural things that got you so irritated and bitchy for nothing? The question is a valid one and definitely doesn't warrant your bitchy response.

I wonder what is wrong with some people. They simply love to act guai lan (i.e. cocky) online only to turn out to be a mouse in person. For fxck?

Unfortunately i am not a keyboard warrior in real life.You know what I mean?

If I am that bitch, you are that mouse which is not worth a fxxk. It was nice, very nice knowing you

Edited by TheVistors

hi there, when i 1st started to gym i could see quick gains in size and strength. now after 6 mths of gym i feel the gains very slow compared to the past. however the overall improved physique remains. i thought maybe i did overtrained but i only gym 3x a week- gym 1 day rest 1 day and it continues. or maybe its diet. well i don't really watch what i eat but i try my best to eat lots.

i am very weak in running. i was advised not to run but swim or cycle instead for cardio cos my lower back is weak. well i do deadlifts but not too heavy cos of my lower back. i also afraid if i run, i will lose my mass and muscle. however i need to take 2.4 for my ippt. i passed all stations except 2.4 cos i lack stamina. how do i strike a balance maintaining my mass and muscle yet going for runs to improve my stamina and prepare for 2.4? i am now 77kg for 1.7m. is it true we can only grow to a certain limit based on genes and age? after all i am past puberty age.

pls advise. thanks lots

Edited by bwbw

Guest -random-

hi there, when i 1st started to gym i could see quick gains in size and strength. now after 6 mths of gym i feel the gains very slow compared to the past. however the overall improved physique remains. i thought maybe i did overtrained but i only gym 3x a week- gym 1 day rest 1 day and it continues. or maybe its diet. well i don't really watch what i eat but i try my best to eat lots.

i am very weak in running. i was advised not to run but swim or cycle instead for cardio cos my lower back is weak. well i do deadlifts but not too heavy cos of my lower back. i also afraid if i run, i will lose my mass and muscle. however i need to take 2.4 for my ippt. i passed all stations except 2.4 cos i lack stamina. how do i strike a balance maintaining my mass and muscle yet going for runs to improve my stamina and prepare for 2.4? i am now 77kg for 1.7m. is it true we can only grow to a certain limit based on genes and age? after all i am past puberty age.

pls advise. thanks lots

Gains are fast at first then slow later because of the adaptation process in your body. The neuromuscular system will do the initial adaptation that gives you "strength gains" at first. Muscle are made up of muscle fibers, controlled by neural system. One motor unit controls some (can be hundreds) of muscle fibers. So at first your brain learns how to activate and recruit more motor units for your strength production. Therefore, initial gains are always quite fast. After that, its just your muscles when you are plateau-ing.

Over-reach = initial decrement in strength / power then later recovers after a few days of rest then rebound and shoot up

over-train = constant degenerative strength / power over a really long period of time up to 6 months

Gym 1 day, rest 1 day is okay. Muscle still aching try not to workout that muscle.

Diet: Protein uptake after workout (elevated protein synthesis up to 48 hours after workout), carbo uptake (replenish glycogen store so dont ache too long, faster recovery) Protein uptake for sedentary: 0.8g / kg bodyweight, athletes can go for more, like 1.5g also can.

Ho. lower back weak? cannot be core weak right? I dun really know about that. Go for hot yoga classes hahahahah!

run: after 90 mins then proteins will start to be more significant in providing energy. actually depends partly on ur diet on that day etc also. think can do 45 mins aerobic endurance, cant rmb where i got this 45 from.. but i think i read it somewhere also... unless u marathon runner. Plain way to train for 2.4 would be just run 2.4 or slightly more than that, maybe 3. U can integrate some aerobic endurance and also high intensity interval training (HIIT) like 30/60 sprint/jog in also. Train your cardiovascular system and the Type I muscle fibers... Although actually i say 2.4 is really halfway in between endurance + speed... So your aerobic endurance will help you in endurance, HIIT will help you in speed and anaerobic capabilities. Adaptation, adaptation....

Hope u nv just build on top, nv build bottom. top too heavy later bottom harder to carry.

Genes is a very easy point to make in an argument. But it seems that our muscle fiber types composition is unfair compared to whites or blacks. They seem to have more of the muscle fiber type that respond better to resistance training and hence hypertrophy occurs easier in them. Age... perhaps sarcopenia (see wikipedia).

Disclaimer: What i say is based on what i understand from and from what i read / learn. I am currently on some fitness instructor course and reading up more on the topic. So yeah, no responsibility on me if anything goes wrong =)

run: after 90 mins then proteins will start to be more significant in providing energy. actually depends partly on ur diet on that day etc also. think can do 45 mins aerobic endurance, cant rmb where i got this 45 from.. but i think i read it somewhere also... unless u marathon runner.

Actually, the main substrates used as fuel during running are carbohydrates and fats. It all depends on the intensity of the run. Anything which is prolonged and mow to medium intensity will encourage the body to burn fats due to the high oxygen intake ratio. Protein is used as a fuel source only if you have exhausted your glycogen and fats stores. Therefore jogs and runs at low intensity would be encouraged.

Edited by azuchan

this is what i do in gym

mon- chest

dumbbell pullover

barbell chest press

pec fly

push up

3 sets x 10 for each exercise

wed- shoulders/back

cable upright row

barbell shoulder press

2 sets x 10 for each exercise

lat pullodwn

barbell deadlift

machine T bar row

fri- bicep/tricep

standing cable curl

machine chin up

alternate hammer curl

dumbbell tricep extension

tricep pushdown

dips

sun- leg press

squats

pls comment. many thanks to those who replied in this thread.

The key to effective training and see gains is to consistently shock the body. Once the muscle is used to lifting a certain amount of weights for example, you will need to up the intensity. I.e. If you are currently benchpressing 35kg comfortably, up by another 5kg or 10kg. That is how you build up. Every so often mess your routine up by doing something like jump rope instead of spinning.

Also switch to other activities such as yoga as it helps to tone and improve on posture and flexibility.

Love. 

the bench press is stuck at 60kg. for say almost 2 mths?

you may need a personal trainer or at least a buddy to push you abit.

• Confucius says: man who masturbates without tenga takes matter into his own hands.
  • The woman sat next to me on the train is writing a text on her iPhone. It's all underlined with the squiggly red line. Illiterate cunt.
  • Singapore's '白制服' 的官: 只准州官放火 | 不准百姓点灯
  • The Gynecologist - A lesbian went to the gynecologist one day, and as the doctor is examining her, he remarked, "My, aren't we clean today." "Yeah," replied the lesbian, "I have a woman who comes in twice a week."

Guest -random

Don't see how you have to separate the monday and wednesday sessions. Push exercises (pectoralis major, triceps brachii, anterior deltoid), pull exercises (latissimus dorsi, biceps brachii, poterior deltoid).Unless your doing jogs / runs on other days u can also do legs on other days, not only sunday. unless time is a constrain here.

Don't always have to be 10 repetitions. Try 6 reps at >60kg next time? Yes 6-8 reps is sufficient for strength training and hypertrophy. Get a friend to help spot you and to do abit of assisted training at heavier loads maybe? Or maybe you wanna look at different training systems to vary out a bit.

Guest -random-

It would seem so...

Actually, I also recommend doing all the push exercises on one day and all the push exercises on another day.

OR...

you can do front upper body on one day, and back upper body on another, and legs on a third day.

No, i'm saying push and pull exercises do on same day, since they work diff muscle groups. then able to train more days per week. looking at the schedule atm, he is only training chest ONCE a week and lats ONCE a week. more like maintenance work.

No, i'm saying push and pull exercises do on same day, since they work diff muscle groups. then able to train more days per week. looking at the schedule atm, he is only training chest ONCE a week and lats ONCE a week. more like maintenance work.

The problem with your recommendation is that he will spend too much time in the gym working out. If he has other commitments after work, this would not be feasible. Working with the ACSM recommendation of 1:3 per set (example 30 secs of chest press, 1.5 mins rest in 1 set) at 85% 1RM for 3-5 sets for hypertrophy, it would essentially mean he would be spending at least 2-3 hours just doing weights. He would not have time to improve his cardio fitness and flexibility, which are just as important as weight training.

If you recommend that a circuit routine, then it's not possible also, simply because the gym is too crowded to do so, unless you have your own gym equipment or hire a PT.

A good way to overcome these is to break the exercises to either push-pull alternate days or front-back alternate days. Or else you can do more research on types of exercise programs to fit your schedule.

Instead of lifting and lifting all the time, which I get bored with, I do switch to say a fortnight of doing yoga or something that is non-weights related- i.e. rock climbing. Those activities are great as you are working your muscles differently and also you get to learn new stuff, like perfecting a pose in yoga or working on your balance. :thumb:

Love. 

Guest -random-

The problem with your recommendation is that he will spend too much time in the gym working out. If he has other commitments after work, this would not be feasible. Working with the ACSM recommendation of 1:3 per set (example 30 secs of chest press, 1.5 mins rest in 1 set) at 85% 1RM for 3-5 sets for hypertrophy, it would essentially mean he would be spending at least 2-3 hours just doing weights. He would not have time to improve his cardio fitness and flexibility, which are just as important as weight training.

If you recommend that a circuit routine, then it's not possible also, simply because the gym is too crowded to do so, unless you have your own gym equipment or hire a PT.

A good way to overcome these is to break the exercises to either push-pull alternate days or front-back alternate days. Or else you can do more research on types of exercise programs to fit your schedule.

lol monday push tuesday pull, den everyday go gym? i'm guessing total time spent there will be the same. either u spend more time on one day or spread that time over multiple days. Dun need to do so many variations for same muscle groups too. wouldnt recommend cardio immed after resistance trg, esp if u do resistance for legs, anaerobic + aerobic close together = reduced anaerobic abilities. Flexibility anywhere anytime can train, but probably wouldnt do with resistance training though, since most flexibility trainings tend to be static and theres evidence indicating static stretches detrimental to force production and power after - so you realise most of us have been doing it wrongly, esp army. So dont do static stretches before your standing broad jump =X UNLESS your range of motion is so bad u cant execute the jumping properly and need to do static stretching to allow you to get into the range of motion required for the jump.

i guess time-wise and schedule wise its up to him. Balance between all these and social etc etc. I know clubfitt gyms are terribly crowded on weekday nights tho =/ i dunno abt the ACSM recommendation though... thanks for pointing out. extra info to quote for me =)

• 1 month later...

BWBG - Blowing Wind Bodybuilder's Group.

Wondering if there are people here who have the same interest in bodybuilding. If you are one, lets get together here and exchange training tips, diets, routines, say which bodybuilder has been inspiring your training, which ones turn you on big time, what is the reason you're taking bodybuilding, if you compete, plan to complete or that you do it just to look good, etc

So please begin by introducing to us your stats (height, weight) and feel free to share anything related to working out, for example: how long you've been lifting weights and what level are you at and your goals.

Hopefully, some people will become actual workout buddies (good workout partners are always hard to find).

P/S: My stats are in my profile. But here's the short version - 1.71m, 90kg, Chinese, clean cut guy next door looks. I started working out in '96 to get bigger and now that I've hit my target I'm maintaining it within a + - 3-5kg zone. I workout to feel and look good. I don't like having more than one workout partner. When I train, I train.

Edited by beef4beef

"Life it too short to be small"

BWBG - Blowing Wind Bodybuilder's Group.

Wondering if there are people here who have the same interest in bodybuilding. If you are one, lets get together here and exchange training tips, diets, routines, say which bodybuilder has been inspiring your training, which ones turn you on big time, what is the reason you're taking bodybuilding, if you compete, plan to complete or that you do it just to look good, etc

Where's unitight? He is an avid bodybuilder:P....

What is your inspiration? you might like to start the ball rolling by stating your body statistics and aim.

Edited by muscleworship

Where's unitight? He is an avid bodybuilder:P....

What is your inspiration? you might like to start the ball rolling by stating your body statistics and aim.

Haha .. thanks for your referral muscleworship .. indeed I'm a bodybuilder enthusiast .. although I don't have the mass yet.

I'm 39/168/68, lean and defined, bit of striation around the shoulder and arms. Trying to put on mass for my next bulking up phase.

It's good if we can have some gathering among bodybuilder enthusiasts. Anyone will attend or participate in the national championship on the 17th? :)

Edited by unitight

Haha .. thanks for your referral muscleworship .. indeed I'm a bodybuilder enthusiast .. although I don't have the mass yet.

I'm 39/168/68, lean and defined, bit of striation around the shoulder and arms. Trying to put on mass for my next bulking up phase.

It's good if we can have some gathering among bodybuilder enthusiasts. Anyone will attend or participate in the national championship on the 17th? :)

Do you think the title is scaring people off?

I was trying to void words like 'gym', 'workout', 'fitness' just to differentiate serious weight lifters from gym fashion enthusiasts, if you get my drift.

Do you think the title is scaring people off?

I was trying to void words like 'gym', 'workout', 'fitness' just to differentiate serious weight lifters from gym fashion enthusiasts, if you get my drift.

Not really. Most people associate "bodybuilders" as bulky muscular men which is true. Lean, muscular physique is more popular among locals. So more gays prefer to be popular instead.

Edited by muscleworship

i am 170 and 78kg. lifting for 6 months. now getting lazy. haha

Only 6 months and so quickly you're tired of the sport? :(

I was off and on but those bouts were between a few years.

Started in 1996.

I hope you will keep going and not give up so quickly. Set realistic goals and keep them on a short time frame. For example, you'd like lift heavy to gain 2 lbs a week for the next 12 weeks and then take a short break by lifting lighter weights for the next 3-4 weeks.

Edited by beef4beef

Started in 1996.

I hope you will keep going and not give up so quickly. Set realistic goals and keep them on a short time frame. For example, you'd like lift heavy to gain 2-2.2 kg a week for the next 12 weeks and then take a short break by lifting lighter weights for the next 3-4 weeks.

sorry didnt make myself clear. i used to gym 3 to 4x a week but now getting busier with work so gym 1 to 2x a week. ok i am also getting lazy.

Started in 1996.

I hope you will keep going and not give up so quickly. Set realistic goals and keep them on a short time frame. For example, you'd like lift heavy to gain 2-2.2 kg a week for the next 12 weeks and then take a short break by lifting lighter weights for the next 3-4 weeks.

It's possible to gain 2kg a week in pure mass?

I am 170cm... Hit my max of 80kg last year before a bout of dengue fever hit me in Nov. Lost 6kg in a week. :( Slowly trying to bulk up again after that and am now 77kg according to the digital scales at the gym.

But since I have changed my diet to include two meals of purely oats and one lunch of normal food, I wonder how would this affect my mass gain? Comments?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.