Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

Don't get me involve in one of your sexual fantasty GM !!!

I rather have sex or orgy than stuck in some unfulfilled fantasty .

Or would you want me to have a private one to one, wrestling match,or oiling session ....with you ? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now that's what I call an invitation! :clap:

Go for it GM!!! The crowd is cheering ....

"Life it too short to be small"

BWBG - Blowing Wind Bodybuilder's Group.

Wondering if there are people here who have the same interest in bodybuilding. If you are one, lets get together here and exchange training tips, diets, routines, say which bodybuilder has been inspiring your training, which ones turn you on big time, what is the reason you're taking bodybuilding, if you compete, plan to complete or that you do it just to look good, etc

I have been training for few years now. Currently I am 1.75m tall, 70kg. Been trying to bulk up thru diet and workouts but takes a lot of effort and time, especially having to prepare your own food and stuff. Lately I have been thinking of trying oral steroids such as Dianabol. Anyone here experienced in taking steroids? Been reading up lots on the topic before I start taking it.

B4B, you already have your fans clamouring to go to 17 just to join you in the main forum and not forgetting ur fans here.

I can bet, if they know when you are going to show up in the local sauna, I believe that sauna will be full on that day.

Or would you guys (Beef4Beef, Retri, Utopaen, Just_me22, TheVisitors, Gymbod74) wanna make an appearance during BW's 5th Anniversary.

Hmm..maybe other hunks like Slayer, Gruffman, What's Next, Windanseaguy, Jtsc, Muscle66, Muscleworship, etc. might wanna join in.

Wouldn't that be a fun and interesting nite to remember?

I have been training for few years now. Currently I am 1.75m tall, 70kg. Been trying to bulk up thru diet and workouts but takes a lot of effort and time, especially having to prepare your own food and stuff. Lately I have been thinking of trying oral steroids such as Dianabol. Anyone here experienced in taking steroids? Been reading up lots on the topic before I start taking it.

ah steroids, I was thinking about starting a discussion on it. not taken any before, don't think i have reached my natural potential yet. But oral steroids considered dangerous as those are absorbed by ur intestines and then sent to the liver before going to the rest of the body, apparently it might damage the liver. IV/injection steroids are safer as it's absorbed on site and does not need to pass through the liver. (this is what i read)

ah steroids, I was thinking about starting a discussion on it. not taken any before, don't think i have reached my natural potential yet. But oral steroids considered dangerous as those are absorbed by ur intestines and then sent to the liver before going to the rest of the body, apparently it might damage the liver. IV/injection steroids are safer as it's absorbed on site and does not need to pass through the liver. (this is what i read)

I haven't tried it but have friends who had ... one just passed away with liver cancer at the age of 43. Yep, he was big on the outside but all damaged on the inside. The worst thing was that you don't see signs of liver issue and when you do, it is usually too late for treatment. And when you look so good outside, nobody would guess you'd need a medical makeover.

The other person who did, had roid rage and broke up several friendships. His life was all screwed up.

So, ask yourself many times before you try it. Besides being illegal and costly, you'd be risking your health ... all in the name of looking good? If you're going to win some sort of high stake bodybuilding contest and make lots of money or fame ... that might be the trade of for some but if its just for vanity, I'd say, don't.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by beef4beef

B4B, you already have your fans clamouring to go to 17 just to join you in the main forum and not forgetting ur fans here.

I can bet, if they know when you are going to show up in the local sauna, I believe that sauna will be full on that day.

Or would you guys (Beef4Beef, Retri, Utopaen, Just_me22, TheVisitors, Gymbod74) wanna make an appearance during BW's 5th Anniversary.

Hmm..maybe other hunks like Slayer, Gruffman, What's Next, Windanseaguy, Jtsc, Muscle66, Muscleworship, etc. might wanna join in.

Clamouring? Yah right! LOL! Which thread?

Fly me back and I'll only be too happy to party! :)

Welcome ... you look good. I don't think you need roids ... just encouragement. You seem to be doing very well. Perhaps hook up with bw members here and motivate/train with each other.

If you don't mind sharing. What's your training routine like?

Edited by beef4beef

Welcome ... you look good. I don't think you need roids ... just encouragement. You seem to be doing very well. Perhaps hook up with bw members here and motivate/train with each other.

If you don't mind sharing. What's your training routine like?

Thanks for the advise. I train at least 4 times a week:

D 1 - chest and tris and abs

D 2 - back and bis

D 4 - shoulders and traps and abs

D 5 - either chest/back/shoulders and legs

D 3 is rest day and i do cardio (at least 30mins running) twice a week. Each workout session consists of at least 8 exercises with 4 sets and between 6 to 8 reps per exercise. I lift heavy. I try to shock my muscles by mixing up my exercises or try different types of exercises. Thinking of taking whey protein and maybe creatine too.

True that oral steroids are toxic to liver but I read that if the cycle is short (e.g. 4 to 6 weeks) and dosage is low (about 20mg per day) that would reduce the chances of liver toxicity. Still its a side effect I am not sure if I want to deal with. I guess if I am on it I will have to go for regular liver check ups with my doctor.

My ex was once a nice and pleasant person when I knew him. He was lean tone and a somewhat insecure person. Somewhere during our 2nd year together, he told me that he wanted to bulk up with steroid. I did voice my objection but he convinced me; as mentioned by Utopaen, that steroid injection is safe and hv fewer side effects. I relented and let him hv his ways. I even help administer the steroids. Within months, he got bigger and bulked up. Then came the side effects. I see myself having pimples outbreaks. I couldn't figure out why since I am not the one taking the steroids. He did tell me that he will not get outbreak because he is taking some oral pills to prevent it. Then it dawn on me that since we share the same bed, I must have gotten it from the bed we are sharing because the outbreaks happens mostly on my right side. He denied my theory and even chide me for being unhygienic. I was speechless and was a bit annoyed.

The other "side effects" not mentioned in the use of steroids; Big Head/Ego Syndrome. As his bod got bigger, he got more attention and his heads started to "swell". He started telling me who in Facebook and Fridae, wants him, and some willing to fly to Singapore to see him etc. Though his transformation helps him to be more confident with himself, it had also transformed him into someone I don't recognise.

In a nutshell, if you are not a grounded person. I won't recommend you to use steroid. Steroid don't just affects you, it will also affects people around you, in ways you could not imagine. Steroid is liken a fancy wrapping covering your body that only attracts and add points to the body, full stop.

Most gays are vain, some more than others. Some uses their looks others uses their bods to attract potentials bf/fb. Once you have the looks and the bods, hv you ever wondered if those who like you, likes you on your superficial sides or likes you for who you are? Sure, you can get easy lay, but do stop and think for a moment if the price you are going to pay really worth it?

Anyway, it's ur bod, it's ur life. Love it or abuse it. At the end of the day, should u developed, bitch tits, liver failures, pimple outbreaks, roid rages, etc. it is all your doings.

Anyway, it's ur bod, it's ur life. Love it or abuse it. At the end of the day, should u developed, bitch tits, liver failures, pimple outbreaks, roid rages, etc. it is all your doings.

Yes I agree. One has to be well grounded before doing it. There are side effects and one needs to be well informed and asking yourself why you are taking roids besides getting physically bigger.

My ex was once a nice and pleasant person when I knew him...

The other "side effects" not mentioned in the use of steroids; Big Head/Ego Syndrome. As his bod got bigger, he got more attention and his heads started to "swell". He started telling me who in Facebook and Fridae, wants him, and some willing to fly to Singapore to see him etc. Though his transformation helps him to be more confident with himself, it had also transformed him into someone I don't recognise.

It's called Roid Rage. There's also the shrinking balls, due to the glands not having to produce their normal share of Testosterone. Pimples on the back is common.

Felt sorry for you that you have break-out, even though you didn't take them.

I don't feel right that mags such as M & Fitness has ads selling Anabolics.

Personally, I find it disgusting.

Yes I agree. One has to be well grounded before doing it. There are side effects and one needs to be well informed and asking yourself why you are taking roids besides getting physically bigger.

Ah...the perennial steroid debate.

What GachiMuchi said is very true! Being adults with a certain level of maturity and autonomy, one should be able to make the proper judgement call...as long as one has full insight as to the risks/benefits of anabolic steroids.

Personally, I don't take it and don't advocate taking roids. I am mindful of the side effects, both acute and chronic, and some of the more serious ones are potentially fatal and irreversible. Roids do allow those without a genetic advantage to bulk up rapidly and the change can be most startling. I do know of a few gym buddies who looked rather wimpy, but after starting on their roid cycles, became overnight muscle gods. Then again, they grew FAT when they stopped their roids (due to side effects - one of them almost died from an idiosyncratic reaction) & exercise. So I guess the roid effect only lasts as long as you are taking them?

However, if you wish to be FREAKY big like those Greek/Roman heroes of yore, there is only so much that good genes and mental discipline can do. In this scenario, the lure of steroids again rear its ugly head, and again one must be cognizant of the consequences.

Whatever you decide Windanseaguy, just be certain that this is REALLY WHAT YOU WANT and be prepared to deal with the after-effects.

Be well,

Gymbod74

Heya..

i do gym, but my figure is cut.. although i'm putting on mass, my ht/wt is 169/66 and am aiming for 70-75kg.. will take a lot of work and good diet.. but hey, nobody says body sculpting is easy!

Although the fruits of the labour is satisfying for sure.

Got to keep the pace going guys!

Hello guys, not sure if i fit the bill, I am 174cm, 76kg, 32inch waist so i think i am pretty much a cub :-)

1. How often do you workout? -> 4 times

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? -> 1 hr 25mins 25 mins doing cardio.

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! I do cos its good for me, I need to sweat to get my blood flowing, sometimes do it in between sets or after, I change my routine as my muscles get accustomed to routines fast.

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? Nope, do it before hitting weight

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? 3 to 4.. 2 meals and dinner is super small, steam fish and vegs 2 and a half

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? none, cos i have inherited gout which has disappeared after controlling my diet

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? my size?

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? Anyone who looks like a G-man lol

9. When did you started lifting seriously (regularly)? 2002

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? Self preservation, started to look and feel better and also to keep a long list of potential health hazards at bay, I don't have work out buddies, just me with a mission and I am out of there, no time for gossip!

Wrestling? Hm.....:-)

Wow all are heavyweights category .. Where's the middle weight??

I'm looking for guys around my heights/weights (168/68) into erotic wrestling (not real Greco-Roman or competitive wrestling) and oil/muscle worship as well.

Have approached (and been approached by) similar heights/weights guy that contributed in this post but seems they're not interested in this. So, I think I shall better move on and find new guys .. :P Anyone interested, please PM me.

Good God... Thank you for considering me but please... I am far from it. :oops:

To respond B4B request, here's my response ...

1. How often do you workout? (3-4 times a week weights and 2-3 times a week cardio)

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout? (1 to 1.5 hours)

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights! (yes I do, normally 10 mins)

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout? (nope, too exhausted)

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet? (3 main meals and 3 additional meals which mainly consist of half a dozen egg whites, chicken breast, tuna, wholegrain rice + bread, sweet potato, lots of veggies, green apple, oranges + many more fruits and japanese cucumber)

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones? (BCAA, Creatine, Glutamine, Protein Powder)

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around? (Ideally it would be around 75 - 80kg - lean cut and defined, preferably :P)

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire? (Wei Teik, Jonas, Desmond Lee :P)

9. When did you start lifting seriously (regularly)? (2006)

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners? (Look and feel good, more confident and yeah .. attracting more funbuddies)

Actually if you look at most of the bodybuilders in Singapore, pretty sure they have taken steroids before/ still taking. Was reading a blog of a local bb-er who recently won competitions in his weight category, it was almost explicit in his writings that steroids was the way to go in order to compete. and yes, he did report periods of depression/aggression. Having said that, I am NOT against the use of steroids, it's all about managed use and making sure you are using it for the right reasons. I've seen this particular bb-er in read life, and trust me, he works out as hard or harder than most of us would, plus the amt of food he eats etc. Steroids just allows u to go past ur natural potential.

I actually spoke to my trainer about steroids, his advise was to try and hit my natural peak potential, and since I've only been training for 2 years, i'm no where close to my natural peak. After which, if I wanna get bigger, then steroids may come in. (he said train for at least 10 years..haha)

windandseaguy, ur're 175cm 70kgs right? I think u're still able to grow. increasing protein intake logically should be the way to go. creatine does help in allowing u to lift more, but the increase in size would be reduced once u stop taking it. I take creatine only on workout days, just to give myself the extra pump/energy needed. There are other supplements like zinc which is supposed to increase ur testosterone levels, so that should replicate some effects of steroids i guess. compound exercises too.

anyway, GM, i think all the guys that you mentioned, based on their pictures, they are all hunks/bodybuilders or some sort. to me, being a bodybuilder does not mean you have to look like those who compete, if u are putting in effort in sculpting ur body, u are a bodybuilder. and GM, i thought u said i was fat. :P hahaha

You are right, I did pick some from the pic they displayed, but some I do know personally. :P

I don't know if you are fatter now as I hv not seen u for some time.

GM, you're such a social butterfly! haha .... :lol:

But its a good thing :thumb:

Count me out. I am not a body builder. I started my foundation playing rugby and waterpolo for 3 years.

I later ventured in two form of watersports for 9 nine years, of which I was selected for the top elite team for 5 years.

Back in those days, we ran 5km x 4 times a wk + wkend Sunday 15km run.

4x a wk weight training 14 stations of 6 sets to each muscle group, with mininum 18reps in each set, which are all supersets training.

2hrs in the water for the sport training.

There were night trainings where we blindfolded our eyes to use our hearing sense for coordination.

In total darkness you must use your instinct to know where you are going and what you are doing

Our training always changed to shock the body for strenght and endurance training

We trained 5x a wk rest 2 days.

I have already left those sports about 4 yrs ago

I still do my own maintaince. Run 5km x 3 a wk. Sprint 6 rounds around the track at 1 min interval. wkend run 8- 10km.

Gym 5x a wk . swim 3-4 x a wk abt 20lapse.

I dont have a programme to follow. I just do what I feel my body tells me to do

wow.. so many new members on this thread! cool. :lol:

anyone else gyms at fitness first? sometimes wish i had a workout buddy for harder sets. ha.. currently gym with one of my friend but he's not so much into weights, preferring to do just machines and cardio.. don't dare to ask him to spot for me. ha.

Count me out. I am not a body builder. I started my foundation playing rugby and waterpolo for 3 years.

I later ventured in two form of watersports for 9 nine years, of which I was selected for the top elite team for 5 years.

I still do my own maintaince. Run 5km x 3 a wk. Sprint 6 rounds around the track at 1 min interval. wkend run 8- 10km.

Gym 5x a wk . swim 3-4 x a wk abt 20lapse.

I dont have a programme to follow. I just do what I feel my body tells me to do

If that is not the program of a hardcore body builder, I don't know what is.

I rest my case.

If that is not the program of a hardcore body builder, I don't know what is.

I rest my case.

Ah Ha. Thats where most people can't spot he difference. Hardcore body builders hardly do cardio. They rely on alot of stuff, diet for their bulking and cutting.

They believe doing cardio will make they lose their muscle mass, which is a myth.

Thats because they dont have real quality muscles. The muscles they have consist of so much water, that it will reduce the muscle size as they are drained when they do cardio.

When you do cardio, your body will strip off excess water and toxins. Then when you do weights and eat good nutrients, you will develop quality good muscles.

Simple as that.

Guest bottomup

I'm 160cm, 68kgs and 32 yrs old. I think bodybuilding is a very difficult sport when you are a working adult. You got to devote some time and money to training and your diet. I just hope to take part in the Nationals at below 65kgs cat. if my body is ready. hehe... Right now I'm training for mass and strength and hope to go up to 70kgs.

Benchpress (1 rep max): about 95kgs

Deadlift (1 rep max): 127kgs

Squats (1 rep max): 90kgs

1. How often do you workout?

Workout like 4x a week normally.

2. On the average how long per session do you spend with your workout?

About 1hr.

3. Do you do a short warm up cardio session (10-20mins) before you start lifting or you just go for the weights!

Yes I do about 15mins of warmup. It depends on the body parts you have to train in that session. For legs, i will warmup the whole body.

4. Do you warm down with cardio again after your workout?

Nope I dun.

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet?

I eat about 6 meals a day.

Breakfast: 4 eggs, some vege and 2 scoops of whey protein, 4 caps of fishoil.

10am Break: 2 eggs

Lunch: 4 eggs, chicken breasts, and lots of vege and 4 caps of fishoil.

4pm Break: 2 scoops of xtend (BCAA) and then one scoops of whey protein.

Preworkout: One scoop of whey protein

During workout: 2 scoops of xtend

Dinner: A piece of steak, with vege, baked beans and etc.

6. Do you take supplements and if you do, which ones?

Yes, fish oil, whey protein, xtend (BCAA), zinc supp, mag supp, and HCL supp.

7. If a person was 1.70m tall, what do you think his ideal weight be around?

Should be more than 70kgs.

8. Which local or foreign bodybuilder do you admire?

Chan Wai Teik

9. When did you start lifting seriously (regularly)?

When I first join Cali gym in 2006.

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners?

Yes of cos... Lol...

Thanks for sharing! :)

I'd like to encourage you to take part in the nationals.

Also, I think we should start a Chan Wai Teik shrine for all the fans here! Haha ... :D

So post your fav pic of him (or any other bodybuilder). Nothing like a good pic to inspire more training .......

I'm 160cm, 68kgs and 32 yrs old. I think bodybuilding is a very difficult sport when you are a working adult. You got to devote some time and money to training and your diet. I just hope to take part in the Nationals at below 65kgs cat. if my body is ready. hehe... Right now I'm training for mass and strength and hope to go up to 70kgs.

/

/

10. Are you lifting because it gets you more bedtime partners?

Yes of cos... Lol...

Thanks for sharing! :)

I'd like to encourage you to take part in the nationals.

Also, I think we should start a Chan Wai Teik shrine for all the fans here! Haha ... :D

So post your fav pic of him (or any other bodybuilder). Nothing like a good pic to inspire more training .......

Chan Wai Teik? A very humble chap, who has lots of determination and perseverance.He has no airs about him.

We used to spot weights for each other back in those days when we trained at the same timing during National Stadium days.

Very strong chap.

Havent seen him for a few months . Last heard he had some injuy. Hope he has recovered.

Edited by TheVisitors

windandseaguy, ur're 175cm 70kgs right? I think u're still able to grow. increasing protein intake logically should be the way to go. creatine does help in allowing u to lift more, but the increase in size would be reduced once u stop taking it. I take creatine only on workout days, just to give myself the extra pump/energy needed. There are other supplements like zinc which is supposed to increase ur testosterone levels, so that should replicate some effects of steroids i guess. compound exercises too.

Yeah, I think I going to focus more on training and eating first. Try to max my potential before trying other stuff. I think my training is ok but I should eat more like every 3 hours and have good proportion of carbs and proteins.

@Bottomup:

Are you who I think you are? my gym partner?

Benchpress (1 rep max): about 95kgs

Deadlift (1 rep max): 127kgs

Squats (1 rep max): 90kgs

if you are, then u are reporting wrong weights for your Benchpress and Deadlift. :P

Edited by Utopaen

Hi guys,

I'm new here, having read all your posts in this thread, I'm kinda motivated to get on the bodybuilding bandwagon.

I'm 1.79m, 79kg, never had much results from my gym sessions.... I basically did the same set of exercises given by the instructor for over 2 years.....lol... now, looking at what you guys do, I guess I've certainly wasted my time then.

Hope someone could drop me some pointers where to start. I've got a Nordic Track home multi-gym machine, and a 40pound dumbell, could someone help me put together a workout routine with the equipment I've got, rather than having to join a gym.

I'm looking to bulk up a bit more as I've heard I appear slim for my height.

Cheers, Mike

5. How many meals to you eat a day and what is your typical diet?

I eat about 6 meals a day.

Breakfast: 4 eggs, some vege and 2 scoops of whey protein, 4 caps of fishoil.

10am Break: 2 eggs

Lunch: 4 eggs, chicken breasts, and lots of vege and 4 caps of fishoil.

4pm Break: 2 scoops of xtend (BCAA) and then one scoops of whey protein.

Preworkout: One scoop of whey protein

During workout: 2 scoops of xtend

Dinner: A piece of steak, with vege, baked beans and etc.

@Bottomup .. do you eat 10 entire eggs or just 10 egg whites a day .. ?

If whole eggs I would recommend you only to eat max 1 yolk once a day .. as 1 egg yolk is almost reaching the recommended daily cholesterol intake for adult. So .. definitely not advisable to have 10 entire eggs a day :)

Edited by unitight

Just as word of caution, and from experience, the down side to eating so many eggs a day plus, all the supplements is that your farts stinks like crazy. :twisted:

Bodybuilding is a relatively expensive sport to indulge in. I have been training with a bodybuilder trainer for a few years, and I have seen how expensive everything adds up. He is more of a heavyweight category type of guy, and, as hot as he is, I think it is a little obsessive, and totally narcissistic. On the bright side, he does know what are the important parts to focus on to look good shirtless.

All I can say is, diet plays an important role. You need to eat sensibly to bulk up, and once you hit that weight zone, you need to maintain it, which takes time to get used. I.e. consuming more than 2000 calories a day etc. depending on how active you are.

Love. 

Guest musclelogic

i welcome this thread, as gym/bodybuilding culture is much a part of being gay, for some, if not most. i hope i am not stereotyping here as i also know a fair share of gays who do not gym, and in fact, could even be anti-gym.

first and foremost, i would like to address terminologies. pro-bodybuilding is where you train to compete and carve a career out of that - and you can expect a pro-bodybuilder to look like a wall of muscles, train six days a week, and go on a special diet. and of course, there are also natural pro-bodybuilders and non-natural pro-bodybuilders, the difference is in the high dosage use of supplements and possibly even steroids for the latter. but let's not get into such fine details.

there are also many of us who train with weights as a form of hobby, and can still build a lean muscly body like Brad Pitt or muscle-god like Jay Cutler (if you know who he is, you must be a serious enough bodybuilder who bother to keep up with bodybuilding media). The former can be casually called fitness bodybuilding, and the latter of course a shade closer to pro-bodybuilding (just that you do not make a career out of it).

but terminologies aside, we can generally say that we all do weights training, pro or otherwise, compete or not, big or small, lean or massive ......... i don't think the berserk world we are living in need more divisions.

it is interesting that bodybuilding means different things to various people:

exhibitionist : bodybuilding is a legitimate way flashing in your undies to a stadium full of people

low self esteem : muscles is the compensator of your in-born insecurities and deficiencies

sociolgist : doesn't matter you are rich or poor, once you are in a gym, the currency is muscle-mass

gay : you hope your bf be muscle starved, but mr one night stand be a muscle god

it is a form of sports, physical attribute, what wet dreams are made of ........ but no matter how you look at it, it is but 70% protein and 30% water.

Wu liao.

i welcome this thread, as gym/bodybuilding culture is much a part of being gay, for some, if not most. i hope i am not stereotyping here as i also know a fair share of gays who do not gym, and in fact, could even be anti-gym.

/

/

it is a form of sports, physical attribute, what wet dreams are made of ........ but no matter how you look at it, it is but 70% protein and 30% water.

@Bottomup .. do you eat 10 entire eggs or just 10 egg whites a day .. ?

If whole eggs I would recommend you only to eat max 1 yolk once a day .. as 1 egg yolk is almost reaching the recommended daily cholesterol intake for adult. So .. definitely not advisable to have 10 entire eggs a day :)

Boy, would I hate to be in the same room when you fart! :yuk:

The opening line caught my eye .... while it is true to an extent that a lot of gays are gym bunnies .... I think it is a perspective that is more commonly/generally so in Asia. In the US, boys in general are expected to lift weights. Boys lift weights as part of their high school program and in some communities, it is unheard of if you've not lifted weights in your life.

While many do not take it to the extreme ie to compete, etc, many do continue to lift after school. Often to get bigger arms and chest (and ignoring legs bcos board shorts cover them anyway and no straight guy wears speedos). You'll see fathers training their sons. It is a sort of bonding thing at the same time. Lifting weights is a highly encouraged and sometimes even expected thing here.

Where I am right now, it sometimes works the reverse ie gays don't like lifting weights, there's too much testosterone.

BTW, the gyms here are just that - a gym, bring your own towels no fuss places with tons of weights and machines. Very different from the 'sleek' club mentality that is found in many parts of Asia.

So in a way, I'm saying the stereotyping can be quite the opposite ie if you don't gym, you must be a geek or gay or both. Quite interesting isn't it?

Edited by beef4beef

The opening line caught my eye .... while it is true to an extent that a lot of gays are gym bunnies .... I think it is a perspective that is more commonly/generally so in Asia. In the US, boys in general are expected to lift weights. Boys lift weights as part of their high school program and in some communities, it is unheard of if you've not lifted weights in your life.

While many do not take it to the extreme ie to compete, etc, many do continue to lift after school. Often to get bigger arms and chest (and ignoring legs bcos board shorts cover them anyway and no straight guy wears speedos). You'll see fathers training their sons. It is a sort of bonding thing at the same time. Lifting weights is a highly encouraged and sometimes even expected thing here.

Where I am right now, it sometimes works the reverse ie gays don't like lifting weights, there's too much testosterone.

BTW, the gyms here are just that - a gym, bring your own towels no fuss places with tons of weights and machines. Very different from the 'sleek' club mentality that is found in many parts of Asia.

So in a way, I'm saying the stereotyping can be quite the opposite ie if you don't gym, you must be a geek or gay or both. Quite interesting isn't it?

nice response. different culture, different expectations..

OK, I'll start the ball rolling .... on inspirational photos to help you workout. The ones I find most interesting are those who are not in the limelight ie on the cover of some muscle mag, but regular guys who just like working out.

Korean_stud.jpg

... some people are just blessed with fantastic genetics! I'm so jealous!

Edited by beef4beef

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.