Male HQ

Nightly Ranting

Guest Midnight Owl

Some LGBT people around the world are so strange. 

Whether they placed themselves on TV, newspaper, youtube, radio interview or willingly chose to “entertain” their religious folks, with personal gay confusion stories, needs to have some bird’s brain.   These people appeared unnecessarily lost, even as an adult, and don’t know how to live with their gay life.  They wanted to change; hoping that some forms of help will cure them.   When it didn’t happen, they felt guilty and didn’t want to live anymore.

Owl wondered, why are these people, who have lived away half their life, still questioning about themselves?   What was there to be puzzled about having a gay gene in them, in the midst of a well-informed, high tech internet age?   Instead of trying to pray your gay away, let Owl put you back in your place and watch me:-

Owl’s gay life began from 8 years old (when I knew I was different) and has never questioned who I was, except being who I wanted to be – a princess. 

Owl, at the age of 9, was affectionate towards my male form teacher, and was noticeably gay at the age of 10, by acting cute in front of many boys and got beaten up at 11 and still having my wet dreams.  I mingled regularly with ladies, during my teenage years, trying to learn them, more than trying to become a “real” man and secretly stalked a male swimmer in school till my graduation.   At 17, I worked in little India drink stall and thought those transsexuals’ customers were awesome and brave.  Leading to my NS,  Owl was sodomised  by a neighbour’s son and harboured no hatred for what he did which I felt enjoyable

At 18, Owl was an attraction without appearing flamboyant, among army comrades, knowing neither shame nor embarrassment for my tendency.  Owl became the only NS recruit awarded with platoon plague, not due to my physical fitness but simply for whom I was – natural & easy.

Owl cruised aggressively throughout my working life, starting at age 20 and made a hinting move, to my first straight boss, which freaked him out.  Probably, Owl was young and full of gay energy then, and can’t wait to plunge into gay adventures and reign in by making love, sucking dicks and jerking strangers from the rags and the riches in our circle.  Time and shyness was non-existence when Owl's hormone was raging.

My cruising regime covers the entire island and people from different trades & gay tourists, who were as curious as Owl on the loose.   Owl nearly got raped at worker’s dome and occasionally came away blushing, under the nose of bewildered security officers, after a pleasure in forbidden places.   Those were pre pink-dot era, no internet, no cell phone, no sauna, simply a pager as companion, and some lame excuses for staying out late.

ICT was even more fun; Owl was well cared for, by a senior campmate, and was at the center of straight men’s attention, throughout my 13 ICT journey, indulging in their presence, from the field into the shower room, legally soaking in their nakedness.  

Anyway, Owl has always believed in playing safe at the top of my pink, balancing between risk and pleasure, while enjoying my fabulous gay journey.   Those were the days merely touching the tip of an iceberg without batting my eyelids. The final verdict, everyone was happy.

If after reading the above and you are still struggling with identity crisis, please don’t waste my time because Owl is not just queer.  I am

A QUEEN!!

*hoot!*

58eefe1a5c2e3549913320.gif

Guest Little peasant girl

Dear Queen, can you please elaborate what had you do to become the center of straight men's attention in your 13 ICTs and what happened?  Long live the Queen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Why are people so crazy about iphone whichever the model that is?  How much one cost and what is the big deal about having a smart phone anyway.  Well, now it has been said, I get it, human isn’t so smart.   

Owl is still holding my 2nd-hand Nokia and I paid only $10 for my Hi-card per month and if unused, the $10 can last 6 months.  Why am I saying this because an average person’s mediocre income didn’t come easy, but people are willing to camp for an overprized fancy gadget with limited life span because of trend?

It is greed & over bloated esteem that drives this capitalistic world crazy.  The elite will place a 20cts chip in an iphone and the working class willingly paid $2000 extra for it.  Think about it, does overpaying your politicians help to improve your life or earnings?

Don’t throw stone at Owl without first hearing me hoot, you see, Owl has had enough of stingy boss trying to push down my salary during job interview.   Simply, do you still want to support a boss who charged their customer 2 grands for a 20cts product and still cry foul that this exotic Owl is not cheap by a $100 more or a little bit discount?  When you realised you are still working forever in order to survive (for earning low and paying high to those bosses thru their products),  you will remember the hoot in the  jungle.

Anyway, the month has come for my “best friend” to be celebrated.  Owl went to Chinatown to soak in such happy occasion.   I wanted a moon cake with a big salted moon inside, but they were expensive (fanciful box included) ranging from tenth to hundredth of dollars. Ultimately, Owl bought a $3 authentic home-make moon cake, with a huge moon inside, no box needed and from an old shop.

Traditionally, moon cake goes well with tea.  Owl browsed through all the lavender tea I could find in Gold Storage, but they were expensive and each sachet contained only 30% or even lesser of grinded lavender buds, mixed with other herbs.  Don’t ask why Owl wanted lavender tea, I needed that little something to go with my moon cake.   

Long story short, eventually owl spend only $2 for 20grams of lavenders buds from nearby pharmacist shop and created my own 100% pure lavender tea for many nights to come.  You get  the picture, don’t you?

2yltdgp.jpg

*hoot*

Edited by Midnight Owl

As the night approaches full moon, Owl was watching “Legend of the Guardian” from the internet.   How could Owl have missed the movie, aired 7 years ago?  About same time those year (June 2010 onwards), Owl ranted about being chased by wolves and dreamt of the fantasy mountain which I eventually gave up pursuing. The raging fire, has also forced Owl to evacuate from the forest last year and, by the grace of God, Owl managed to fly over the turbulent river and take refuge in the farmer’s barn until today…..

While the moon is at it’s brightest with legendary tale of a woman, trying to save the world against tyranny, and she later became an immortal goddess, yet many people were still battling to make ends meet. Such unnecessary sufferings, were often inflicted on good people, by govt and their suckers disguised as being self-righteous, which is not legendary but epic, as have been ranted by Owl on many nightly occasions.

A week ago, Owl was down with flu and in the middle of a drowsy night, the farmer’s mother and brother came to clear away some stuff and his belongings are now gone.  It is depressing that the farmer may never return to merry with Owl again.   Wherever the farmer was, Owl will pray for his complete well beings and hope that someday, we will meet again after defeating those masked devil in our life.

In the meantime, Owl wishes everyone a happy mid-autumn festival.

Edited by Midnight Owl

This afternoon, Owl makes a faithful trip to the chapel, to pray blessings for the farmer.  In the silent & rainbowish holy place, Owl can’t help having flashbacked into our stories….

The forest was fruitful, a stranger appeared in the backyard of Owl’s nest, scouting for fertile soil and occasionally picking up fruits and nuts fallen from the trees.  No one knew where the farmer came from, and he wasn’t aware Owl was watching his movements.

The farmer appeared a couple of times, wearing the same neat shirts and carrying a cheap briefcase, going about his casual business in the forest again.   

Owl started to admire him, thinking he was straight and probably has a small family to provide for. A very responsible bubbly man and quite handsome.  He was probably aware of Owl’s presence too.

In one of those sleepy days, Owl caught the farmer staring into my nest and he posed no threat with his curiosity.   Thereafter it became his daily courtesy of smiling at Owl before going about looking for food.   Owl began to think, he likes me. 

Later half of the year, drought began to show……

Certain part of the forest was covered in heavy smoke, which started Owl’s first ranting in the forum.

Father Owl was taken ill and Owl chose to stay with him instead of flying off to safer place.   The farmer continued to show up though, and by now the wolves and black panther have gone amok in the forest, posing hazard to Owl’s world and had part of my wings torn apart.   

One night, Owl fell from a tree, and the farmer surprised me at the right moment, to put me back before any creatures could devour me alive.   Owl accidentally bit him thinking it was something else…..

Father Owl recovered, but most part of the forest was already on fire, and the river was rushing in madness. 

With my inability to fly (thanks to the crazy wolves and the panther), Owl begged one of an old tree to fall, so that Owl could cross safely to the land where the farmer came from and than began my journey from there, but Owl’s wish was not granted by nature

The farmer and Owl, separated by the raging river,  went into anxiety mode and wondering when the forest fire will cease. He wasn’t aware Owl nearly became a fried chicken, if not for a last minute brief drizzle.

The same year, Owl realised the farmer was living alone and probably gay, which confirmed to be so the following year.

The forest was completely wiped out, leaving behind broken trees with Owl’s nest dangling precariously.   Owl’s injury ran deep by then,  and forced myself to remain zest because the farmer had me on his regular watch list.

In order to get closer to Owl, the farmer leased a land, builds a barn and started the journey of cultivating his own rice field.  Owl could only watch him from a distance, during my painful time, with great appreciation of his persevered companionship.

The year of torrential rain. 

Owl woke up in the middle of a thunderstorm and saw an opened umbrella hanging above my nest.  How did the farmer manage to cross over the river and put the thing there?  Owl do not have the answer because the farmer has always surprised Owl when I least expected of him.

In our remote land void of traffic, and us often the occasional target of intrusive religious or inferior complex people hating the way we look, the farmer and Owl lived a simple life, always staring at the night sky with inexplicable chemistry between us and ignoring the rat-race beyond this land.

Finally, the rice was harvested, but could barely fetch enough to meet the landlord’s increasing demand. The farmer began to scrimp  from 3 to 2 meals in a day.  If he drove his truck out for grocery, he would return with only a small bag of meat.    Owl knew, he was struggling….

The year of haze has blocked our view from each other, but the farmer has never failed to pee in the nearby trees, and than shine his torchlight to check on  Owl.  The farmer’s persistency to muse me, was the reason why Owl survived my own ordeal before I could fly again.

Eventually, he sold off his truck to avoid being evicted from the land.   Regardless of his situation, the farmer always wore a smile, with his head held high,despite having the odds stacked against him.  He became Owl's inspiration and admiration for being a really cool guy and  we were both cushioning each other,  during lonesome times; with unspoken  affinity.

The farmer began his regular visit to the dry forest, for twigs and fallen branches, in preparation for the wet season to come. When he whispered into my nest for a reaction,  Owl felt he has lost much of hope in himself and wanted to convey them to Owl.

Later in the year, rainfall flooded the entire land and Owl managed to fly to the farmer’s barn to be closer to him…..

The landlord came for the money again and insisted that the utilities and other fees ought to be increased.  They took away the last harvest from the farmer, leaving him with not much to live on.  Adding insult to the injury, the rice-field was in complete disaster after the flood.  Owl began to believe that  the landlord quietly started the forest fire after every election, and ruined everything under our nose by forcing people to pay more or get lost.

Stress was written on his face, but the farmer continued to merry with Owl in the barn and than mimicking Owl’s “hoot” for his own amusement,  as he moved about his chores throughout the day and night….

The last time Owl saw the farmer, was 2 months ago. 

Wither the farmer has come or went still remains a mystery, but what alternative was there for him to remain in this broken world?  The rice field destroyed by flood and a demanding landlord who ruined our peaceful world, have left us nothing but an empty barn and a lone Owl living in anticipation under the moonlight..

One thing was certain, no love story like ours has ever endured so long, with lasting impression between Owl and the farmer.  He  probably is the last man Owl has ever loved, which prompted my visit to the  Chapel – just for him – and thus ended this chapter of Owl’s love story reluctantly.

This video was specially created & dedicated to the farmer, who was by now 1600 miles away.......

Edited by Midnight Owl
New created video

• 1 month later...

In less than a month, Christmas will be ringing in Owl’s ear again.   After flying away from my nest, Owl has been living humbly over the year and so will this coming Christmas.  Though Christmas was never mentioned in the bible that ought to be celebrated, Owl’s joy comes from not having to be a follower of anybody I have happily discarded nor any calendar event.

Looking back, which I am trying not to, there has been couple of familiar people that passes on quite suddenly.  The breakfast stall owner, whom I patronised her stall for quick breakfast every monring, and another very friendly noodle lady, who owned several chains of stalls where Owl bought most of my lunch from, also passed on unprepared.  These ladies were not old, about 60s and their laughter suddenly disappeared overnight, altering the ambience of those familiar places, puzzling many of their customers.  So was the disappearance of Owl’s farmer, mentioned in the post above, for reasons only Owl could fully understand.   

The 24-hour coffee shop, where Owl’s used to have my midnight coffee, over many ranting nights, was shut down due to high rental cost.   Than a neighbour’s son, whom Owl has watched him grow from secondary school right to his working life, got himself heavily intoxicated over a sour love relationship, fell flat in the middle of a road, and police was called to assist……

Talked about humanity, mortality and impermanency, 2017 truly provides an outlook.

Not too long ago, Owl was walking along a quiet path, which leads to a private condominium, when a pinoy maid shouted “shit” into Owl’s ear, for crossing her path and than she has the gumption to see how Owl will react to her rudeness.   If it happened in the past, when Owl was still young and ambition, her face would have been heavily disfigured, followed by stern warnings from Owl never to do that to anyone again.  

Now, what I saw was someone hating her job, in that private condominium, thus putting a toll on her struggling cunt, thinking she could easily target an innocent gay Owl as some form of tension ease which won’t help at all.   She has a choice, whether to continue living as a maid, hating her job forever or move on for a happier life for the sake of mortality and impermanency reality mentioned above.

On that note, she can take the gift of her “shit” back and be who she is, an unhappy self-hating maid, while Owl found my happiness brewing coffee and singing my own tune in the late hour.  Simple pleasure, no shit, no cunt and no KPI needed to enjoy the  breezy night for many more hours to come.

*hoot*

• 1 month later...

Midnight Christmas Story

(Warning!!  Nauseous Fuck scenes and highly insensitive content. Read at your own risk)

***** Synopsis *****

It is unprecedented; Owl has not been working since, as far as my readers could remember, I think no one knew either.   Life has never been more awesome throughout the quiet journey, and Owl has finally found me.

***** Phantoms of the Opera *****

When Owl was green in the working world; I often felt a little part of me was taken away every year.  Working life, or networking with anyone at all,  was about pleasing everyone who was dying to be pleased, otherwise they tried to conceal their weakness by exerting power over you.   The struggle was real, for needing to put on that extra mask and destroy every fibre of your body in order to fit in, and than you still can’t tell who is friend or foe all these years…….

***** Les Misérables *****

Nonetheless, the wrong understanding of concept of wealth kept me going under those sobering situations.  Owl naively thought having regular pay-checks were the main object of boasting, to divine one’s future, and thus compensate for the ilks Owl was made to suffer.  I was wrong.  No one deserves to be beaten to feel the power of having steroid to live by.

Owl thought I had a false start in the early years, but after Owl has became a seasoned discerning worker, as each time I walked into an office or factory workplace, I felt exhausted and depressed,  with no less uncertain about my future.  Who am I?  The answer seemed distant behind those cold walls or strange people I thought I knew…..

***** The Birdcage *****

Day in day out, Owl can’t help looking out of the office window, towards the richness of the blue skylight with all its wonders, wishing I was anywhere other than where I was, in the soul-withering office, waiting to get fucked, or for our age to catch up on us before we started to live life.

At the height of it all, you caught your labour union sleeping with your bosses in the backyard. Trust was synonymous with dead, and you were made to pay for its “funeral” through monthly subscription.

***** The Usual Suspects *****

Early last year, opportunity struck when Owl had a row with my boss and I screwed him, defying the world of thinking order and began to lead a wandering life amidst economy crisis. “Dude, you are so sick!!” the usual peers’ jumped at Owl’s decisive action.  The last I heard, the boss fucked-up and brought his titanic down with everyone’s dignity in it.

***** The Great Escape *****

In order to keep Owl’s soul afloat and maximise my sanity from an insane world.  Owl threw away all things and stayed clean in an isolated farm barn.    Life became unknowingly good and peaceful, without having to worry about bitches breathing down your neck, or waited on their bidding, in every shit imaginable. Briefly, Owl slept and ate like a bird that should be.

***** The Sound of Music *****

Gradually, Owl’s danishly life was established while in the process of reclaiming me.  Owl exercised a lot, drew, painted, made craft, wrote short novels, hiking, pool dipping, ate proper breakfast, watched many midnight movies, and had several self-creative activities I have always wanted to do but never had the chance in the past.  Long intense masturbation was included in the list too, without fear of extreme tiredness the next day.

In contrast to students studying hard to please the world, or crowded trains fucked up again in the peak of day, or simply relaxed and watched zombies anxiously fiddling through  tonnes of office paper work, Owl felt I have already fucked Sauron’s ring and now enjoying my hygge moment in the Shire, sipping coffee and smelling sweet roses.

***** Home alone on Christmas *****

A quiet barn resting on a windy night, wool blanket over my lap, a cup of warm tea with a bowl of midnight salad, under stars dusted sky, is all that Owl would need to fuck our pretence system to enjoy many Christmassy moments throughout the year.

Once again, Owl will not be expecting any gift or greetings from status-conscious people whom I don’t give a fuck.  No permission needed, those fucked friends can actually fuck off.  Owl is good without being needy, and having less is now more in my life

***** Revolutionary Road *****

Owl’s medical report has just arrived. No fucking sign of stress in any form, thus no fucking medication needed because Owl has chosen the dare, to live outside the confine of our fucking system, and end my decades-long fucking dilemma from being a clueless sheep.  Owl is now a non bargainable happy Dane-in-spirit, with wings stretched out to embrace the bright blue sky, and where once upon a time Owl was envy of.

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 1 month later...

The early evening rain has caused havoc on many parts of Singapore and you think Owl really care about its destruction?  I kept myself warm while perching on a tree after having fish for dinner,  because Owl is about going to have orgasm soon.  The moment has finally came,  as shadow of this fucking world began to develop from the tip of the moon.

3IHXEfIve1fgBopTS4XISJlEvB2e4oc2MaXSJEiF56IR_e28ZHRV34jRlyuhAGp_CvEe_ZQDXDuOoJEnt0r7ejbFaEmvQCaEZcHtgtQkUnffpP0U-Mj8RLpNep2o2cPE7I3w1Woa8TFhA9ULBcjhs-ADukiAcKh3O8ezDN87nfyvwAD9NoXq7SVprtHu869tCOuhsksabdVDHx1ftBCTsohL2Ct1Qry7eKJtnQ-fnpibi-isNEJqfwhZZrpxIhUF7pnox37ujxIPk66oYkhzoQvbIJtboGy4079qWLxUixyX04_FUsikAKTh_bXSNkWvnCcOI6JJpaL4ewn1pPgGexzaHqasz7vyhryU3BExmYH42tto_5AjOOCmeqUJV14Lo5mGqS9HleqHVIYd01FU4mlcieTWX9-gWQh5cKxRrxgQq7386IREsGmBDi83eG-c4HW-MKWAtah6M0a86Rs2V0bh37bJnuBSFl-AXw-COh76-78nKtnyoItKKiFM2g4q-ht5ItqQwm67_DX_Y5cjVgFnGY4wtQUvIJBiXaaBc_fuWxq6G6Q8fzeEcmjuJFdMwmi35Cbi0oBZ6237NWTyB76qVjlFVUftxKIrYQSZzqTTbnWQrOc0eu_gTYRgQ23fRhXeDX6hYVH5YvIvFu56cu5SDTP9dIEywFsPjkvrUsO5Prl8UxQ_EM0=w946-h709-no

The earth was racing by the minutes and slowly, Owl's shadow was invited to be seen on the moon too, technically speaking. - Lunar Eclipse

Than,  flapped my wings with orgasm

Yes, Owl do have my moment and now that the moment has just passed, Owl is going to stay with the new bright moon for the rest of the night without human race getting in the way.  Dessert time for me too.

Happy now?

*hoot*

Edited by Midnight Owl

Just curious...

Is Midnight Owl the same person who started the thread as "Guest Midnight Owl"?

If so, congratulations.  It makes much more sense to be a member (still anonymous)  instead of a double anonymous "guest".

BTW, how does the Owl react to the Super Blue Blood Moon ?

• 3 weeks later...

LUNAR NEW YEAR STORIES

SOUND FAMILIAR?

Like most people in town, CNY came with Joy and caution.  Joy that preparation came easy with a thin budget, just a slap of auspicious worded red packet on the wall, and you are good to celebrate.  Owl was also avoiding high sugary foods, and irritating relatives you have wished they wouldn’t come.  

THE UNINVITED

Atlas, my uninvited uncle came empty handed, and mainly with agenda, constructing fake aura of his achievement to perfection, at the expenses of what’s what in the huge tree of relatives, followed by passing unkind judgement on others, whom were none of his concerns,  with no proof or whatsoever to justify his masturbatory gossips. 

BATTLE OF ORGASM

Unfortunately, when you thought their orgasm ended there and then and they were good to leave, my moronic brother’s ego felt needing a massage (silly as always), and was drawn into war of throne with my delusional uncle. Unnecessary debate ensued, to prolong their stay.  Owl retreated to my quiet zone where I met Jimmy…

YOUNG & GAY

Jimmy is a 13yo boy, one of close family members.  He is a single child waiting for the outcome of an on-going battle, for his custody, between his divorced parents.  .

The last time Owl met Jimmy, he was 9 years old and dropping hints, to no one other than a Gay Owl, about school boys offering him sweet and befriending him, he thought it was “weird” and needing Owl’s opinion. The school “boys” was probably Jimmy referring to him and Owl thought it was premature to engage with Jimmy’s young mind then.  

Today, a slightly grown Jimmy has limp wrists and feet tendency, if there was such words often used to describe feminine, he fits the bill at a young age.   Whether Jimmy was one of us, Owl would probably know. However, his sensitive parents have been over protecting him, with strict rules and curfew, making his presence elusive and untouchable by anyone close, especially from an unpopular Owl not favoured by any of the bird’s family.

SOCIETY IMPAIRMENT

Though Jimmy was quietly enjoying every moment with Owl over a simple chess game, he was drowned in his own thought, either about the next move on the chess board or his personal life ahead.  His recent PLSE results have him academically streamed to the dissatisfaction of his demanding parents and he wasn’t allowed to speak about it to anyone either.  I saw a child being impaired, by the stupidity of our shaming society and ignorant adults, to deprive him the fundamental of childhood happiness.  Than again, what has our main stream media done to his mind and, by the same token, to pollute the adults too?

OWL’S PROSPERITY GIFT

At that moment, Owl’s tolerance was breached when the two stubborn adults, were still heard screaming at the top of their lung, tearing down walls and pitching non-stop over a piece of forgettable shit. Owl had to stomp unceremoniously into their living space, and gave those people a piece of mine instead. Did Owl mention I wasn’t popular in the family of birds?    

A CHILD’S HEART

In Owl’s brief moment of anger at those ignorant people, I took pity on Jimmy and wanted to tell him many things Owl has ranted all these years. Only if it can be explained in not so many words, for him, to fully understand that nothing is lost as a child and he is not alone..….

*hoot!*

Edited by Midnight Owl

On 12/25/2017 at 9:43 AM, Midnight Owl said:

***** Revolutionary Road *****

Owl’s medical report has just arrived. No fucking sign of stress in any form, thus no fucking medication needed because Owl has chosen the dare, to live outside the confine of our fucking system, and end my decades-long fucking dilemma from being a clueless sheep.

***** Free Willy  *****

God bless, Owl is now a non bargainable happy Dane-in-spirit, with wings stretched out to embrace the bright blue sky, and where once upon a time, Owl was envy of.

I fully empathize.  

On my side it is called RETIREMENT in good health with financial independence.  

No pretensions, no luxuries, no envy.  Just freedom without complacency. 

Guest Warren want jacken btmass

Owl can you show yourself. Since you are so brave like those desker mariah. Not scaring or to be scared by others as a gay. This poisonous little pit viper would like to have a sneak peak of these entire night ranting of yours. You are now a big hit here comparable to the other tranny spouting tales whom not even feel self esteemed.

• 2 months later...

NIRVANA NIGHT

(If you enjoy your life in hell, don’t read)

Owl has been quiet lately, due to the fact that I was in a state of Nirvana.  This afternoon, Owl went for a swim and “owned” the public pool because it was empty, except with 2 life guards sitting on high, watching Owl’s every movement.  Life was good and the wild weeds look awesome under the sun and clear blue sky.

Unfortunately, the occasional flying jet interrupted my peace and served to remind Owl that this country is a complete joke.  It is a symbol of self-serving power, a celebration in deception, organised & co-ordinated by the chief in uniform, who will eventually parachute into cushy job via connection, to screw things up or to screw you depending where they were positioned in your life.

In reality, there were many "generals", whether they were related or non-related to the boss family, often regarded themselves as prince or princess in the office.  Owl has had many first-hand encounters with such suckers.  Their lucrative success came from sucking at their boss in order to gain immunity from sucking at their jobs, often at the expenses of Owl working with them.  

Owl would love to pen my Labour Day message here, but it will only amplify the sadism of being a labour and the abundant of sadist bosses on the loose. The labour minister’s (also another paper general) making song and dance about tripartism, signify nothing more than an avoidance strategy to the reality workers faced out there.

Due to the above reasons, Owl was reluctant to board another pirate ship again, despite having job offer (3rd time this year) pending my signature.  It is just too painful to trust tradition, institutions, authority or anyone at all. They will tell you what is best for you, never feel your innate power, keep your job, early to bed, early to rise, wait for messy transport, wait to get home, wait for promotion, increment (which never comes), get married, raise up some bastards, be content with main stream news, filled your hours and minutes for the world, never question, think just enough and no more…. Briefly, stop being yourself till you are cremated (with no proper tomb to write everlasting appreciation), and be happy.…..

I am speechless staring at the job offer like some kind of a mysterious pill and decided to leave it there for another day.  

Now, back to enjoying my Nirvana and leave my cares to the windy night.

*hoot!*

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 2 weeks later...

OWL CONVERSATION WITH……

Owl has been very kind to you knowing you were needy then, and I didn’t complain.  Over the years you took it for granted after becoming big and arrogant, which is probably your character Owl didn’t expect it coming.

Instead of appreciating my kindness for putting up with your nonsense, you’ve never failed being very territorial and a disturbance of peace in Owl's personal space.  As a matter of fact, suckers cannot grow themselves simply by traumatising others, in limited space and still feel happy about it.  Can they?

Due to personality crash, Owl can no longer accomodate you any further.  Please stop judging me, in your comfort zone, for speaking the truth.    I could have easily flushed you down with shit and care less about your self-righteous excuses.  

I recognised those disgusted look on your face now. At least, try to see Owl in positive light for doing what I believed is good for suckers like you and, honestly, I can’t think of a more dignified way of putting you in place where you belong, into the pond,  and is glad Owl just did.  *hoot!*

2l8epf6.jpg 

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 1 month later...

A Piece of Cake

(Sharing is strictly prohibited)

UNEXPECTED GREETINGS

Recently, Owl has received couple of Birthday wishes from strangers such as the insurance agents you’ve never met before, recruitment agencies you have blacklisted, health companies screaming birthday promotion, but nothing beat being reminded of Owl’s previous company birthday celebrations, through an unexpected ex-ex-ex colleague’s sudden greetings……..

OUT OF THE BOX

Being a junior HR in those working days, Owl was tasked with regular responsibilities assigned from a bored looking supervisor, who strongly believed birthday celebration serves to recognise workers for their hard work. Though the motive is pure on paper, in practice is shittier than a dumb joke on greeting card.   Owl thought a time off, a gift voucher or a free ticket to no-man land, makes more sense and less of a hassle.  Disagree?  Let’s dig in to find out…..

GETTING READY TO FEED

Office Staffs were pleaded to show up in the conference room, to join in the birthday song, and than you have wished your age remain discrete. Soon after what these people thought was a waste of time when the candle was blown, almost everyone scrambled back to their rooms and cubicles, pretended to have things to do and left Owl alone with the feat to figure how to divide a pound of cake for a large number of people…..

OH NO! We’ve run out of serviette, there are not enough disposable forks; can we borrow plates next door? The knife sucks, was the cake too finely cut?  Oops! Icing fell off, can someone please distribute the cakes before it melts, and boss is still in the meeting? We have VIP needing the conference room soon, tells everyone to use the bin outside, the marketing manager claims she was on slimming diet, so-and-so is leaving? Damn! Please answer the irritating non-stop office phone as I am busy right now. Did I miss out anyone ……?  You get the idea.

AND SO MUCH MORE

Owl being the “birthday boy” was pulling feathers when people, who were supposed to help, seem rather sluggish.  You wished you have taken a day off to escape the trauma, but heavy workload have prevented Owl from running away.   Owl bites my lips through the motion, and don’t get me started on other occasions like colleague’s farewell party, buying gift for their new born’s, company lunch bonding, other colleagues birthday and whatnot – almost every other days.  

ICING ON THE CAKE

Birthday greeting card, has also served well to measure the temperature of its recipient’s acceptance.  If your colleagues do not bullshit about disliking you, and than write nothing.  Others just poured swift reluctance, with faint initials over someone’s brief pleasantries. The boss best words for the birthday boy, *drum rolling*, was a fatigue “Best Wishes!” to get over with.  All these gestures were understandable because nobody cares and they knew it won’t be the last.  

The following day, you’ve noticed the self-professed elites did not touch their cake, and left them overnight to the ants to mess it up.  Cleaner confronted Owl with grumpy faces and usual rhetoric of quitting, if situation did not improve……

TOSSING OUT THE CANDLE

If Owl came across any company photos which tried to portray a friendly culture, with a group of “smiley” staffs gathering around a fanciful cake as a statement of sort for their recruitment advertisement, it is just not me.

Forget about the candle when there is moonlight, a cup of coffee, and a simple piece of cake any time Owl wanted: quietly and with dignity. Tonight, God blessings are so much better than the devil’s greetings.  

A LASTING SWEET AFTER-TASTE

However, not all memories are horrific when it comes to Owl’s birthday celebration, certainly not in an office settings. 

It appears like an exclusive privilege which has never accord to anyone throughout Owl’s entire 13 In-Camp-Training, which took place in the middle of a strenuous field exercise.  While Delta personnel were herded to a large sheltered area waiting for further order, Owl was singled out as the main focus boy, and was presented with a large snow cake (either paid by MINDEF or probably by the commander) with candle already lit.

The Company Commander, than took on the role of a conductor,  led Delta into a chorus which soon sounds like an unexpected broken symphony of  different tune & army colored lyrics,:  “HAPPY BIRTHEDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRD-DAY TO YOU,   HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY…..” and when Owl was about to make a wish, in the midst of the crowd someone shouted: “COME AND BLOW MY CANDLE!!” and caused a roar of laughters.  

The joker was not spared for his joke and was brought to his knees, before Owl, by the commander now backed by everyone chanting “Strip the joker! Strip! Strip! Strip!”  Owl chose to spare the handsome joker from further embarrassment, not that I did not fantasize sucking him, certainly not in front of hundreds of straight combats in order to preserve Owl’s image of decency.

The most heart-warming news, after the dust has literally settled, Owl’s best camp buddy (the Sky Eagle) confessed he was among a few being picked by the commander, to choose and deliver the snow cake into camp discretely.   Looking back in time, it is no wonder that sweet after-taste still lingers. …….

*hoot!* 

A pc of cake.png

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 1 month later...
Guest Amazed

Hey Owl. 13th ICT would mean you are either into MR or finally RODed. Young bird here is amazed by how clear you read the politics of the human land. Most humans aren’t seeing the land as clearly as you, are they?

Would love to read more stories from you Owl. Hope great harvest come for you and le farmer. 

• 2 weeks later...

National Day is another non-event for Owl.  Half of the sensible population have gone overseas while the other half, wearing red, clustered somewhere to be part of somebody to feel like “somebody”.  If anyone does feel orgiastic under those screaming and hip shaking event, Owl salutes your achievement because I knew I can’t climax dancing to the national tune.

Unlike Pinkdot, which provides an avenue for Owl to celebrate my true identity, Owl does not feel the same for National Day. Anyone can opt in or out of their nationality if they have the means to do so.   Gay is not an option, but Owl cannot wrap my head around those, within our LGBT community, who hated pinkdot all these years and still maintained as hardcore National Day fan.  You freaked me out.

Owl does not hate Singapore. It is a tiny island not everyone knew where, and has lost its days the moment politicians felt they were still underpaid, after having heavily remunerated themselves in gold – a symbol world-renowned - go google.    Nearing National Day, we were reminded that our politicians have yet to reach a new milestone of being paid sufficiently, by the millions.  Aristocratic kingdom is just a matter time. Unity and equality is a fool’s dream.  Nobody cares to revamp the decade long national day song because it sounds so politically correct and safe for complacency.       

During my quiet days brooding over the poor farmer who went missing, about this time last year, Owl was also pondering if I should someday leave this island and spend the rest of my life flying around the globe on budget, seeking other Midnight Owls or Owl-friendly farmers, before returning home to the maker.  

Anyway, I think Owl has made enough midnight impression already and here is little token for pinkdot…..….

Good night!

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 1 month later...

There is a widely read book that paints everyone as sinner, and not everyone who worships this book feels guilt over the bad things they did. In contrast, these fundamentalist bigots kept making storm out of other people’s transgression (real or imaginary) and made us assumed more blame than it will ever exist.  

The government, led by Bigot’s belief, wanted citizens to believe there is no discrimination against gay people.  Such holy shit rhetoric needs some very “holy” experiences to counter:-

If you have spotted a job, where the company founder or director is a religious bigot, don’t waste time sending in your job application to them or their affiliates.  Questions irrelevant during the interview such as: Why aren’t you getting married, do you go to church, tell us your specific lifestyle or simply you are not cut out for the job…etc. 

If you love helping children, you are unlikely to secure job in those area, because the Christian community have so fervently brain-washed society into thinking people like us are paedophilic in nature, and possibly turn their children into gay. 

Many years ago, at a Buddhist charity event to collect donation cards with cash, from students at Primary School, one empty card has a brief scribble inside that caught Owl’s attention, it read: “We are Christian; my mom said we do not have to donate due to different belief.”   

In my previous job, Owl was helpful towards a fresh graduate, who was green and happens to be the sheep of Faith Community Baptist Church.  During office hours, he treated Owl like sage for guiding him in his work. After office hours, he distanced Owl at all cost, out of fear of being seen associated with gay people.  

If you walked into a Church while the sermons were on-going, you will notice a couple of bigots rolling their eyes at you while singing the Gospel of Grace.

Recently, an elderly woman rubbed herself heavily with medicated oil when she saw a gay Owl flew into MRT. She than went further to take out an oxidized rosary for the chant, as if to dispel a bad omen and freaked a passenger sitting next to her before the "nun" stumbled out of Novena MRT.

Owl has experienced all of the above on mundane days, and the list can go on, from being spat directly in your path, to the receiving end of poor service attitude, and being called fagot having an agenda.  LGBT were anything but good people. If that is not hell of a passage to bear, nothing is.

Bigots wouldn’t care less if their actions have made us unhappy, which is widely accepted norm in our society, to put many good people out of place under the guise of  acting moral, political or conservative  belief system.   S377A is one such bigoted law held dear from one bigoted generation to the next, the very source of all leadership crisis.

Christianity ascension to the throne of God, can only go as far as their holier than thou attitude, obsession with power & money, and their non-acceptance of others. These were scenes Jesus was too familiar before heading to the cross, and his parting words  (Matthew 10:15), it is more bearable to preach Grace in Sodom than to the people in self-righteous city. It still hold true today and NCCS came to mind.

2 months ago, a bigoted bus driver sped along Queensway, and deliberately pulled a hard brake when he saw a gay Owl waiting to alight.  As a result, Owl’s wing was twisted while trying to balance myself against falling from grace, causing a shock wave of pain to the left muscle ligament and the inner bone of Owl’s wing.  The pain still lingers today, like a stubborn S377A that never seems to go away.

*hoot!*

Edited by Midnight Owl

11 hours ago, Midnight Owl said:

There is a widely read book that painted everyone as sinner, and not everyone who worships this book feels guilt over the bad things they did. In contrast, these fundamentalist bigots kept making storm out of other people’s transgression (real or imaginary) and made us assumed more blame than it will ever exist.  

The government, led by Bigot’s belief, wanted citizens to believe there is no discrimination against gay people.  Such holy shit rhetoric needs some very “holy” experiences to counter:-

----

Midnight Owl,  you don't seem to be one who worships this book that paints everyone as a sinner.

If so, you are free from the guilt that those sins are supposed to inspire. 

The sincere believers are the ones who are victimized the most by this book.

You are not sacrificing your life on earth in exchange for an eternal life in heaven,

something that is an idle promise at best and a shameless deception at worst.

You have a lesser chance of being cheated by the organized religions.

As long as it does not cause physical harm or economic hardship,

what the fundamentalist bigots say can be their karma.

Would you rather be in heir place, with your soul as dark as theirs? 

With the way society is turning progressive, at least on average,

there does not seem to be a bright future for the fundamentalist bigots.

Edited by Steve5380

• 2 weeks later...

OWL’S HALLOWEEN RANT

(Please seek Medical Advice before you proceed to read)

There have been plenty of jobs in recent years, and majority came from “good” foreign investors, everyone was dying to join; at least the Government think so too.

Look around, we have many fintech & investment companies, registered under various sounding names, filling up recruitment pages.  Their logo may be blurry; but their offices are virtually situated at Suntec city, Raffles Place, Peninsula Plaza or cheap downtown lanes.  Some have websites which was half done in haste, otherwise it is simply linked to an empty facebook showing only a handful  black pigeons, grinning from ear-to-ear, without any informative background.  Would they mind having a barn Owl for diversity? 

Owl has also spotted many Chinese Commodity & Holding companies, within the same locations. Their websites kept giving Owl an error message, while others look too distant & alien, nowhere therein mentioned the group has any vested business interest in Singapore.  At least, someone bother to take photo of a pantry to prove their existence here, but you won’t know who was the founder or directors.

What did all of the above companies do?  They simply weaved out the standard obvious, like Trading, Consulting, Holdings, Investing or Service providing to exactly what, was left to Job seekers’ imaginations.  

You can’t blame these mysterious investors, because Singapore is a very Business friendly country for all sort of foreigner’s excitement, without much capital nor hassle to make its presence here. Thereafter, these investors would presumably create exciting jobs opportunity and request you to send in your resume for their viewing pleasure.    

With tonnes of hungry applicants falling for the con jobs, Owl didn’t want to miss out pitching in:-

RESUME

*** Mighnight Owl ***

Address: Tree Top@ little Red Dot, Bukit Timah Nature Reserves

callme@midnightowl.com.bv

#Skills#

Typing:  843 words per minute to be exact :)

Computer:  Excel in Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Macrosoft Orifice :)

Communication:  Professed in most of human languages :)

#AMBITION#

Aim to become another Elon Musk in 5 years time.

#ACHIEVEMENTS #

1)         Whisper blow my corrupted boss to authority and gained social media recognitions.

2)         Managed to save a copier from breaking down by calling service provider for help

3)         Held various high profile positions throughtout work history

CAUSES I THINK I  CARE ABOUT

Activist against office bullying by Boss

Activist against corruption & liars

Personality Traits

For you to find out and for me to know.

Hobby***

Tea, Coffee, Music and Me

eDuCaTiOns:

Secondary School  Obtained my accrdition from majoring the Art subject

Pre University Otabined 7 As and toppled the school in Paper General subject

University Dropped out half-way, and get 1st Hon Degree from India because cheaper, better and faster

MBA Obtained from private school in  China University and within 6 months graduated with flying colors

PHD If you need it, I will get it. Give me at least 3 months’ notice.

TALENTED  Experiences !!! (Newest history come first)

Apr 2013 to Now:   Waiting for Opportunity to strike.

Jan 2013 – Mar 2013:   Supreme Executive Manager:   Resilient role for all types of shitty office  jobs (Left because boss  farted in my face )

Nov 2012 – Dec 2012:   Emeritus Admin Associate:  Engage  in Admin  routine & sometime  gossips. (Left because nobody likes me)

Jul 2011 – Oct 2021:   Boss righ-hand Chief   Jobs Ass mentioned  above (Left after being caught spitting into my boss’ Jasmine  tea)

Jan 2011 – Jun 2011:   Freelance MD/CEO -  Self entrepreneur $2 home-based business. Helping successful boss feels bad about themselves, for needing my help on simple task.

Nov 2010 – Dec 20010:  Public Relation Ambassador  – Spaming people phone with pots and pans for a shady company.   (This is the job I eventually turned the BOSS in, as my greatest job satisfaction)

May 2010 – Nov  2010:   Senior Financial Lead Master  Promoting Cards to stupid  people and managed to hit 70% population target in the year 2015.  (Left because it is morally right thing to do)

Nov 2009 – Apr 2010 -  Study  human pyshcology on Youtube  (My dreamed passion to understand how human body, mind and soul  work)

Oct 2009 -  Feb 2009  -  Volumteer my profession  to Charity to helping people to de-stress. (Left because it was stressful)

Strength:  I promise you won’t regret if I am shortlisted.

Weakness:   Broke my colleague’s arm for stealing my pen

Expected Salary ($)

Not an amount you won’t accept for yourself 

Goal for this application

To become a millionaire within one year after joining your esteemed organisation

Availabity

Let’s discuss over buffet treats from you.

================================================================================================================ 

If  Owl’s resume is not impressive for the above “promising” companies, no one ever will.  Will they ever at all, regardless?

*hoot!!*

P.S:  The above resume was created for BW amusement purposes only, any resemblances to your resume or real life situation is purely coincidental :)

• 4 weeks later...

WATCHING MOVIES

The past two days, Owl has been watching movies continuously for free, in the warmth of my bed and drinking hot coco.  Movie allows one to enter into twilight zone, if you dislike life reality and wished to destroy the world and movie provides almost just that. You felt safe under the arms of whoever you wished to idolise, which is the wonders of having science fiction to live by.

SHORT REVIEWS

The Meg  

A Megalodon, its Jaws the size of a hotel main entrance, was seen chasing after a  gorgeous actor, Jason Statham,  and a pretty oceanographer who has a young daughter, to feel like the man was supposed to be responsible for the latter two unbeknown to him.  So he risked his gut out for a lesser gender, by sending the prehistoric creature to its demise, before the scene ended with the couple having flirtatious gibberish, and the baby girl watched and grinned into the sunset.  The Megalodon is obviously a retard, by allowing itself to be easily poked dead in the eyes. 

The Predator

The beginning plot, similar to The Meg, an ex-soldier (Boyd Holbrook) whose first encounterance with a Predator, managed to incapacitate it and took its armour for souvenir. He was brought for examination and met a lady biologist chasing after a large predator. At its climax, the actor was seen standing on the roof of a 4th civilisation predator’s space ship, as it took off at the speed of light with the abducted autistic child. Every well-meaning crew members died in loyalty, leaving only the Actor, Actress and the boy crawling out unscathed to take the honour.  How could this even be possible?

Rampage

Dwayne, because of his manly bod, thus he has to be the alpha man for almost a number of dumb movies.  A geneticist came into play, a woman again (Owl is now rolling my eyes into heaven) and with Dwayne,  both  hand-in-hand try to kill or capture the mastermind behind several genes mutated enormous animals.  While the couple was hiding inside a damaged helicopter, Dwayne confidently told the actress to trust him before he allows them to plunge from a 100 storey tower, with all other buildings crumbling down in tonnes. Defying gravity, they were still able to survive after hitting the ground and than briefly dusting away debris from their shoulders, an insult to 911 world-trade victims. The monsters died eventually, and these two survivals looked at each other with affections to the end.

The Jurassic World – Fallen kingdom

Chris Pratt, now the Hollywood boy in almost every sci-fiction movies, is ridiculously heroic to try to save several extinct dinosaurs from volcano eruption and even touched the cheek of an angry carnivorous T-rex, as if it was a kitten. As usual, an actress who were always meant to be the partner of  a male heroic figure, followed by a couple of kids screaming around, as the T-rex ran after them within foot distance, but no children was being eaten up except all the bad adults.  The dinosaur seems lenient to kids?

BACK TO THE WORLD

Who cares about the absurdity of the movie as long as the devils were killed and the ending was happy to make Owl happy and strenghten my gayness?

However, in reality, it is not always the case. Mutants existed everywhere in our midst, under the guise of capitalism to destroy every human sanity.  Motherhood, rhetoric, fake advertisements, scam, main stream media, were some mutated genes controlled by political “Monsters”, who knows no boundary and have people turned into walking or working zombies. Once they set foot in your life, it took forever to rid them and nobody will come to your rescue unlike in a movie. Hero and Cinderella is an illusion in real world

INTO THE MOVIE

As year end approaches, Owl has decided to sign up for a short term assignment job, to accumulate some bird seeds for the winter after.  Short term exhaustion is good, like a role in horrific movie.  You won’t get hurt from the Meg, Predator, T-Rex and other freaking people and still get paid for acting. 

Once the contract has ended, just like any short movie, Owl will dust away the debris from my feather and than grin in the backdrop of a beautiful. Sunset.  As such, Owl will soon be flying off to gather some bird foods before returning to the farm barn in spring next year.

*Hoot* 

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 1 month later...

A month ago, Owl landed in the field of the kings after taking a long flight to look for some bird foods.  The war of the kings has ended just before Owl arrived and there was a lioness guarding the land for the kings.

The Lioness, who has never seen an Owl before, was happy to welcome Owl into her territory.  She even helped Owl find some delicious foods, while also proudly fed Owl with stories of their Warlords and its legend, with her involvements in them.  Though their turbulence period didn’t interest Owl much, they didn’t come as a surprise in Owl’s all too familiar memories – their Great War sucks, as much as the world we are facing today. 

Anyway, this nightly story is not about the lioness and her boring days sucking the kings’ dick.  Every week, before Owl began my nightly hunt for prey, the lioness has already surprised Owl with basket full of nuts, berries, frogs and even fresh squirrel, such that she can grab Owl’s time to her usual “JK Rowling’s” story again. No one, including Owl, would have thought such was Owl’s short term assignment – eat and do nothing, or probably until such time Owl’s service may be needed, which Owl probably won’t give a hoot about, on the first sign of spring arrival.

As mentioned in Owl’s previous post, once a movie is over, the actor is paid and should simply leave the stage instead of playing Hero or a pampered Cinderella.  A delusional parrot died a week ago, as a result of staying comfortably long and a raven, who tried to save the parrot, was shot down by the kings too.   Favouritism doesn’t last long in the human realm without first offering your ass.  Thus Owl is no fool to be their Harry potter; magic is only for the dreamer.

Paying oblivion to the above happening is like taking my own sweet time dressing up a little display box, to its winterish Christmassy mood. There is no rush, no busy shopping and no madness, and that is called real magic.

XwdKFmqLGcLr3EPQTFemQ3vCfLFHTzFxMf1-sH5K-5TaeQk5JW38ZZ9EtYYV0KN32iawANDF4yS0WdEk9n5rCJJ-LwvKazmWtvb8pAn6sA2XhlcyRXcP2WNhtVpE9pMY1Tf9e_lopcLJwfDnpcz1Ld3xH0pu1Dnla4s0ZtNomJw9VgLIat3bmICah9cGUPriRLXW0cR1Zz8zqu0PRKJtC1JnnM3F-f0oSMpYb7kRoqkhzCGX_Nj7rOCigaonfbFqqw3guhYJjFK_2B3wu5BfSZL6J751ayIVhzEJ5BJkhbMzQjsXAPKJsbPqFyN82Ea5k907d0k88TKBz23_lpGcAvIhNbDMTbSqkababU0T8UHPKWTEnJ4xwyit4_kv2224qkpYLUkBdsSR3YaxXefR745mMMeVzx092c8PBt30pZ0YuceSI7j7loJFCGTijOugoR2CveHxdGzmV3Lu6f1nh_q338rDBYP7-Pjp279nr_xbB0_QWl-KZWGcS-g_HPZ5EO22D7c33Qx2s_sDLtZ9DgYR1ce_7kQS5xBN08XvQODsXzsWOf_Z1Inbqt4BB22MBtvdqP7zTD_Mhp5LneNYZ4_u501JhzJQ-9vtT4zs2ZuOkJRTIGyuX4zDtNtR9JbjqItSnPjD7IORd0l-vkyEZOBjZbUg056NKsXTjO7Ao5n5XD2xlKaF9RM=w946-h709-no

Merry Magical Christmas!

*hoot*

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 5 weeks later...

Time flies with a blink of an eye.  In previous CNY, Owl was complaining about an uninvited nosey relative visiting. Now the Red festive season is around the corner again.   There is also a common understanding between labourers and businesses that inflation is a norm, except your salary,  for the season.  Everything from underwear to upper wear will be pricey. If logo is to be included, be it a frog, crocodile or a donkey, it portrays “value” of sort. Further understanding is not necessary for the sake of wearing new and getting rid of the old.  In brief, show off.   Same goes with purchasing exotic dried sea creatures and high-end hotel pastries.

Luckily, such stupidity is absence in Owl and the farmer’s world.     I missed our 7 years in the park together, during Chinese New Year, with no unwelcomed visitors.  The farmer will be sitting at the park with his legs wide opened and smiling, while Owl perching on the tree with my legs crossed and hooting.  Our mutual presence is all that is needed, with no stress of having to wear brand or follow any red tradition. 

Owl is not willing to waste money on new shirt simply because it is a new year and not out of necessity.  It is just a shirt, mass produced in China and than priced through our nose for helping to carry other people’s name.  These businesses can go kiss Owl’s @$$!

The postman has been here again, and was packed with the farmer’s mail and nearly broke the barn’s mail box, choke full of unclaimed mails.   Owl was curious what those mails were about, since the farmer has disappeared for more than a year now.  Who will contact him, will he return to collect those regular mails if they were urgent at all?  There were many unanswered questions and the landlord was nowhere to be seen either 

Thus, the farm barn is extremely quiet and empty, except an Owl doing its nightly thing.  If someday the farmer shall return, and I hope he does, Owl is going to made him a shirt weaved out of the Country farm barn, bearing our own logo, and just for the two of us…..

wo-mhZlF7-vQN4aQywXfnHSz7PJbRL6JYXI4Si2PYe0bSOGcfVLev6thPDzMj2Tl6mAUYL8hzPKXWwCmCwy-Ssp-iMbWx2Gi102Vi7nLoeEL3hg1vvx-sPeQU9ZZxacEI3dEVqpTXApWpqIl0zECkC8gGXnooHtWlEQLqz_f7nCipGv1Z_lg2E2nMRv4SMLeSK7pFqIjFOs5xFgsMjgveSaMt04Wa7uKFIRG6ahwRXc1LyICPSwt4JygsrpY-nSp_ED-8ytXBvpSpH74a-ssmU7c-_Stv600g58Iue8kS_z6VJ9v6tKIllNsvf1sNUtb-jXiH7JT2_suWYG1ZVZx6q5m7w4VIjmZqrMGWJn4zzfUSg4oDlB2RPpaYpCei7DZXrrRfl48HC_yT__TzjaxCRdozRKz8i6HCw9gPoflgQ3BYdVX8NHEvyLIPga0Oi8cW4RvoatueYZpjb9ZtaaNFjaJyZ1a1eNa29iiyFmmyfUe4Y1HWuLWx7VlqMigW7WaeeduEQpiG-9yI3fQJQXyts2kJ9umZWYhblU7x4ngSOkTlYxngySeWL3MsWTjapxQBchxfY1Ejqe73ZJ4aeGfbP3MDKduKresrrWuL-OsInpGIuv7AdOCV19MYHgOSgkxE0BwFbZbP5LaRXYEn6Rmm6X0DPOkoqLJHaa4Nok9bGDiR8bS08Mcnuc=w848-h709-no

u59A7QcwGaRzBwJ12aR64ICfRuPN3USMVwoYYDTMddvKagoWG7DpdVtwrA2H5l35jGPnZiBb4ozLYpOPrrQfDmCSPdmzH9NtnJjqtV_X0c_fKdJmjNp1JCDNfFXaSlgvVPBDycIss1Od6y42Kej0sPSB9SR9MkSdDeNk9MuiCW8Lick5NCeAZy0O98eEZ_SbedTZC3-tbjvzunf2LeWBTVA8_SWpm0jSsLxHYrfFQQJ5P1IH2xpTlHC4gvkG8WnTA5bomrZpicWgua_EA_48S6CjMl8-yeZOPtGTTaWOO9lN2rm3QeBk9ETcJW9mi2M1WDfKXrNhwxoiyEC1CUVlcNRymaYpVn-nsemsfZCoJOk3oIoVpFXeeUyBsqMUtAUIxg5waZyPmB8ykyr6krdb4qyHALOirAPabt43pxOuJvFS9JCfFCXeoqZ3CWox0eNXtZrrJs1GqyPesq4xAIOIDrmmyWWrcYzdpjJ6ZWbbNkO2SSTYp_wCpqItZ11fVyenBmIDHA8dM7cz7_bC4_K_yKW_E4Wm1lKOWTDZgmfLCA_KW1-5arsgt5Gt8ogcfiv_R9jn3ALgb_9s6HwemZ34h26kOHqS2S1205WOENVUq49Svi4hvqD_YOwnkvMuCvFaWn_5wmR_l2jlHKVRD_mjpMYAiMz-_ZXvqyZHCqYXMjBRtGGtDUIHIEg=w509-h709-no

HOOT!!

Edited by Midnight Owl

4 minutes ago, Midnight Owl said:

Time flies with a blink of an eye.  In previous CNY, Owl was complaining about an uninvited nosey relative visiting. Now the Red festive season is around the corner again.   There is also a common understanding between labourers and businesses that inflation is a norm, except your salary,  for the season.  Everything from underwear to upper wear will be pricey. If logo is to be included, be it a frog, crocodile or a donkey, it portrays “value” of sort. Further understanding is not necessary for the sake of wearing new and getting rid of the old.  In brief, show off.   Same goes with purchasing exotic dried sea creatures and high-end hotel pastries.

Luckily, such stupidity is absence in Owl and the farmer’s world.     I missed our 7 years in the park together, during Chinese New Year, with no unwelcomed visitors.  The farmer will be sitting at the park with his legs wide opened and smiling, while Owl perching on the tree with my legs crossed and hooting.  Our mutual presence is all that is needed, with no stress of having to wear brand or follow any red tradition. 

Owl is not willing to waste money on new shirt simply because it is a new year and not out of necessity.  It is just a shirt, mass produced in China and than priced through our nose for helping to carry other people’s name.  These businesses can go kiss Owl’s @$$!

The postman has been here again, and was packed with the farmer’s mail and nearly broke the barn’s mail box, choke full of unclaimed mails.   Owl was curious what those mails were about, since the farmer has disappeared for more than a year now.  Who will contact him, will he return to collect those regular mails if they were urgent at all?  There were many unanswered questions and the landlord was nowhere to be seen either 

Thus, the farm barn is extremely quiet and empty, except an Owl doing its nightly thing.  If someday the farmer shall return, and I hope he does, Owl is going to made him a shirt weaved out of the Country farm barn, bearing our own logo, and just for the two of us…..

2ns290h.jpg

and exclusively for pinkdot too..

a3d1zd.jpg

HOOT!!

哥......意思?:blink:

Guest Maverick

Sounds like a typical old single gay lamenting abt loss of youth, missed opportunities blah blah. Pls go get a life, life is short and stop wasting time writing abt the past. 

• 1 month later...

Spring was like an unbearable summer in Singapore, and Owl is still in wintry X’masy mood which helps to cool down my temperature, after being exposed to news of late…..

The same hyper ego inflated leader who preached efficiency and integrity, remains an understated mediocre shat, whose qualities was conspicuously lacked.  Salary is no longer a true measurement of talent; numerous awards do not prove a saint. 

Let’s be honest, cronies have not done anything of importance or much proud to our country story books, other than being a lackeys and hangers-on and investor’s children who had been taken on as a favour to somebody.

Unchecked nepotism being rationalised “as assets of trust”, conflicting interest became a deep-rooted problems and no one dare to utter a word, lest you were charged with spreading fake news. Thus, corruptions and complacency took years to come to light, even then, no one apologised and is deemed no need to, and depending on which side of the camp you belong.

As election draws near, budget is just a symbolic exercise in sadism.  Incentivising citizens are like one-night transactional fuck and miss the source of recurring diseases in this society.  With free condom thrown in, people are likely to act blind and vote for the fucker. Metaphorically speaking, will the gay ever find love again?

In place of creating jobs, we have tall buildings developed and land sold in every other day, squeezing out all precious spaces of peace and oxygen.  In summer, the heat from those buildings became unbearable, adding overcrowded population and haze into the picture, there are certainly not enough hospital beds to meet the dying needs, no pun intended, and people need to wake up, will they? 

Since Owl is used to being judged with "names" which I am mostly blind to,  does sleeping upside down make a bat less of an animal?  Time to ponder about Owl’s upside down rants in my quiet barn. 

Did Owl mention I am already back in my farm barn this Spring?

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 3 weeks later...

A POLITICIAN, THE KINGAROO AND THE BIRDS

A green pigeon has paid Owl an unexpected visit, and sought Owl to consider returning to the land of kings.  Owl was reluctant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late last year, Owl flew to its land and met a Lioness guarding its gate. She loves making new friend, at first sight, and took pride in gossips to create a false marvel of herself.  As such, Owl’s brief assignment became a non-event, except to lend her my ears for a 3 full months, before the kings started to kill and shoot down birds as pastime hobby.  As mentioned in previous post, a parrot which stayed too long was shot dead. A black raven, which tried to save the parrot, was brushed by an arrow.

The Green pigeon was a late comer though, and the kings didn’t like them much. One night, Owl overheard they were planning to roast a pigeon.  Owl quietly dug a hole in the jungle and invited the pigeon for a hunting trip before he fell into the secret hole by “accident”, to avoid being a meal that day.   Owl hated the lioness for not defending those harmless birds, as she often painted herself as guardian of the land, advisor to the kings and protector of humanity.  Soon Owl discovered something unsettling which contradicted her fabulous tales…

The kings would visit the Lioness lair regularly, and she started to curl up and meow like a vulnerable kitten ready to be patted and loved. It was no ordinary noise she has tried to impress, but an exhibition of lameness of the highest order. Let Owl attempt to put those words mildly:- In the face of the kings, the 50yo Lioness spoke softly like a toddler, needy to a whimper and suddenly snigger to an almost sinister degree, down to a silent whisper almost sexual over nothing, followed by a stream of intermittent Tee Hee-ing to the point of ridiculousness.  She was desperately seeking to be approved by the kings, with her over exaggerated feminine weirdness.  Favouritism makes people do crazy stuffs and the Lioness swiftly presented the kings with gift of surprise, a crate of stolen bird eggs which were readily accepted.  Owl recoiled in horror. Who’s fault to enable such a system in our midst? 

People, who thought they could easily delude others, often wore two faces with glee. Deaths of several birds were inevitable in such places, with obscure people, which then prompted Owl to do a quick google search, and found several past victims penned in their negative experiences about the toxic management there. 

At the first sign of spring coming, Owl took a long flight to my barn. Then in my place; the Lioness found new favour with Green Pigeon, offered him citizenship and repeated her obfuscating heroic tales to him.  It is called fake news.   

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, the Green Pigeon felt Owl was being very negative and flew off with disappointment.

Learning to let go is good – dinosaurs disappeared for humanity to thrive,  baby have to leave the womb in order to grow, the old for the young,  the dead for the living,  the poor for the rich and the rich kisses the ass of the richer and know when to pull out after an ejaculation.  There is no one place to stay on forever, but certainly there is freedom for everything and Owl just seized it…..

SDGfKwnMvwoAJfAg2_cP9_AS7VXG8RtasX4_jm7b

and felt so liberated and happy!

*hoot*

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 2 months later...

A STUDENT, AN OWL AND ALL DEVILS IN-BETWEEN

It has been a while since Owl last ranted.  Mainly, there is nothing much to rant about because the world is very much what it already is: Baffling.

At the bus station this morning, Owl saw a well dressed, middle-aged Indian placing his hand on the lap of a 16yo student. He tried to strike a conversation with the boy.  Owl thought they were probably gay or old acquaintance.  My suspicion arose when the teenage boy took out 2 dollars cash for the Indian man.  

Their conversation continues with both being very chatty, out of Owl’s audible range.  Than, the boy stood up and browsed through the nearby bus directory, seemingly to figure a location he was being asked by the indian man, before he approached Owl for a direction:-

Teenager:  Mr Owl is there a bus here going to Buroki Hospital?

Owl:   You need to be very careful.

Teenager:  What, what was it about?

Owl:  That Indian, I saw you giving him 2 dollars notes.

Teenager:  It doesn’t matter, only a small amount.

Owl:  He may ask for more.

Teenager:  I don’t think so.  Do you know how to get to Buroki Hospital from here?

Owl:  You still didn’t get it; there is no hospital in Singapore by that name. 

Instead of heeding Owl’s advice, and of all the vacant seats available to distance himself from a pesky stranger, the student returned to sit next to the middle-aged Indian again.  Owl inched closer with all ears:

Teenager:  Sir, I am sorry; I have no clue which bus you should take.

Indian Man:  Tell you what, I’ve better take a cab since I am having stroke.  Do you have enough cash…..?

Immediately, the student jumped to his feet, “I HAVE NO MONEY” before rushing to the next available bus that docked in front of us.  At the boarding entrance, the boy looked over his shoulder and smiled at Owl, nodding his head with thanks.  

Owl admires the boy for being compassionate and willing to help a stranger in need, without questioning, but something was obviously missing from his books. 

I see the same child as Owl was my younger self. The fear to question, the guilt to even doubt, obey life’s specific code of conducts to achieve greater things, inquisitiveness is a sin, rely on one media for every holy answer, to be a book smart and otherwise you can never become right.

Owl has wished, in the past, which someone could tell me those school of thoughts were crap, before a young Owl first stepped into the society, to prepare myself,  as witness to several fail bosses and petty middle managers who devoted their life to nitpicking and anhedonia, against Owl’s logical sense, and to what end?

Fortunately, Owl has already board the first bus out of the system, away from undesirable individuals and companies, to save my ass.  Unlike the teenage boy, there is nobody Owl could look over my shoulder to smile at, with thanks, because there is none, except to pamper myself with a dip in the pool, first thing the sun rises and felt good about my future.

*hoot*

Edited by Midnight Owl

Hi there @Midnight Owl Im one of your avid followers here since I joined BW. I am happy that victory is near and I am one of those that would be happy for you ,  waiting on what will happen with you and your “farm”, the missing “farmer”, the previous interviews and your colleagues and middle managers. Are you now leaving the company or migrating to another country? I wish you all the best!

You just made me a subscriber in Youtube, keep on posting.

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

19 hours ago, riverrobles said:

Hi there @Midnight Owl Im one of your avid followers here since I joined BW. I am happy that victory is near and I am one of those that would be happy for you ,  waiting on what will happen with you and your “farm”, the missing “farmer”, the previous interviews and your colleagues and middle managers. Are you now leaving the company or migrating to another country? I wish you all the best!

You just made me a subscriber in Youtube, keep on posting.

I see u are 1 subscriber. I read is post occasionally but......ahhahaa

• 2 months later...

Disclaimer Clause:

Highly provocative.  Parental Guidance is strongly advised, read at your own risk.

Owl's life has been on a quiet and peaceful side, nothing compares to the Chaos of the world today.  In fact, recession is timely like a thunderstorm needed to clear path and exposed coporate's bull.....shits.   It is hard to fathom so many  “Bosses” ,“Professionals” or "Analyst" , always appearing on the Television screen, trying to make sense of the size of America or China presidents’ dick, to save the shrinking balls of our local SMEs,  have completely missed out the virulent corporate asshole who kills everything and everyone on its way..…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DEVIL LOVES CRAYFISH and SILVER FOX’S BETRAYAL

(Chapter 1)

Owl’s first job was corporate client service assistance in a large MNC. My immediate report was a male Corporate Service Manager. However, a female retail  officer (Janein her mid-30, from another department, would boldly devalue a new candidate’s existence, to a trivial, and mainly her scheme to disrupt other people their main line of the report and made herself the ultimate authority. Turnover was high, most people left for a good reason before the end of their probationary period.

When service hour started with customers already forming a long queue outside the main entrance, Jane will appear just in time, with glacier composure, and bossing her way in the midst of a busy OWL serving my clients.   She would opening chide Owl for not re-arranging my stationery, or a chair not properly pushed under the table when it wasn’t blocking her way, or pinpoint on a piece of strayed paper clip seen on the floor.   Jane also assumed her priority over the use of the company copier machine; otherwise, she will hasten other users before her and create unnecessary stress on everyone. When confronted by our manager, Jane would play victim role that her action has the best interest of everyone, including my boss.

Occasionally, Jane would go further to embarrass Owl, as a public display of status to solidify her imaginary authority. She would pick on Owl’s handwriting while the customer looks on, or ridicule Owl for not exerting enough pressure to create a solid imprint on a piece of cheap carbon paper, or that Owl didn’t inform customers to use black ink instead of blue ink, which wasn’t even our company standard policy. Eventually, Jane succeeded in maneuvering her way to become Owl’s unofficial direct report, through her constant bickering and hassles, resulted in the overlapping of her and Owl’s responsibilities.

Usually, lunchtime would be the peak hour for the business, which sometimes eats into Owl’s lunch break.  If Owl wanted to head out for lunch, Jane would direct my eyes to a waiting customer, suggesting that Owl should stay put, even with 2 other assistances sufficiently manning the front counter. She then went on with her break.   The whole episode put a toll on Owl’s well-being, losing appetite either due to overworked or waiting too long for my turn to lunch. Jane would then return at her own sweet pace and insisted the busy us help her with the door, as she lugged a big Styrofoam box full of dead crayfish, a fortnightly dish for her family of 4, disregarding people who have already missed their lunch.

A group of staff collectively wrote to HQ, against Jane’s exploitive nature but was met with deaf ears and an unbelievable verdict that Jane was the victim instead. Nothing has changed to improve staff morale, but Jane’s family continues to love crayfish.

Privately, Owl picked up a job advertisement from NCSS and shortly thereafter, met an elderly interviewer, with thick silver hair, who questioned Owl’s choice for wanting to leave a “fabulous” company to serve in a charitable organization. Owl never heard from that “Silver Fox again, thus buried my hope of leaving an unhappy place.

On a routine day of Owl’s 2nd year in service, Owl was serving a middle-aged Caucasian with  his membership application, with dozen signatures required not out of corporate policy, but Jane’s imposition to make everyone look stupid, especially on our customers. Owl reassured the customer that he didn’t have to wait long for his membership to be approved, but Jane was all out to make the wait anxious for us, despite Owl having to remind her, at every 5 to 10 minutes interval. It wasn’t the first time she did that to Owl, but most customers would just grumble and wait, but not this time…

30 minutes passed, the Caucasian became impatient and demanded to see Owl’s Manager. Jane overheard the commotion and started to move swiftly with her hips swaying, apologized profusely to the customer for Owl’s oversight on the urgency of the matter”.   Bewildered, the customer took his approved membership card and left in a huff but not for long, he returned….

The tall burly Caucasian leaned forward in front of Owl’s counter and  said “Don’t worry. You did a great job, I didn’t like the way you were treated …anyway, take care.” he gave Owl a wink and a thumb up before making a quick exit again.

2 years of shitty life wearing the corporate uniform, with a tag bearing Owl’s name, stained by a bloody bitch, has considerably waned Owl physically and emotionally. If there was any consolation at all, my last customer was right.

A few days after Owl’s resignation, HQ returned Owl’s personal belongings via a messenger, and among other items was Owl’s confidential job application to NCSS. Owl was shocked by Silver Fox’s betrayal…..

*Hoot!!*

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 1 month later...

Caught between a “Rod” and “Hard” place

(Chapter 2)

Owl’s 2nd Job was through brother's friend's recommendation. She was Sophia, who was also Owl’s direct report. Sophia was a corpulent, short looking lady with a face covered with freckles. An hour into my first day, Sophia appears lukewarm in settling Owl comfortably into the organization. Later, Owl found out she was serving her resignation notice, to get married and has spent most of her time chatting with other lady colleagues, concerning their after-marriage sex life instead of handing over her job properly.

After Sophia has left the organization, the customer service manager (Chan) was at his wit's end. He cast his eyes on Owl as his main pillar of support and still couldn’t escape being a regular punch bag of Anthony, founder of the company. Chan being paid SGD3000 a month; had Anthony wanted him to prove he is worth every penny for the company.

Each day, I often heard words screamed at Chan to the tune “WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING? I NEED THIS ASSIGNMENT RIGHT NOW! AS A MANAGER, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO…., THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM WARNING YOU, WHERE IS YOUR SALES NUMBERHAVE YOU TRIED CALLING THE CUSTOMERS, AND I WANT YOUR SALES FORECAST BY TODAY,  DON’T GIVE ME BLOODY EXCUSES,  OR GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS OFFICE!. Understandably, Chan threw in the towel and Owl was left to fend for myself after a mere 4 months into the company. Fending took a new level for Owl and wasn’t quite work-related, in the following months to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony, who was married and had 2 teenage boys, took a weird liking for Owl. He has been observing Owl quietly through his glass window and loving Owl for being a meticulously neat and organized young chap. Subsequently, he trusted Owl with the responsibility to take over confidential payroll from his private secretary, who was  Anthony’s discrete fuck buddy.

During the staff lunch meeting, courtesy of Anthony’s wifey home-cooked meal which nobody dare to reject and often eating in silence, Anthony would approach Owl for a piece of my tissue paper, rejecting others who offered him a box full of paper towel, to wipe off his gravy.  He commented that Owl’s tissue paper has a softer texture, with hints of fragrance, causing Owl to blush when a dozen faces turned toward me.

After Chan left,  Anthony robbed in Jeffrey to lord over Owl. Jeffrey was a veteran Salesman held with high regard by Anthony for being able to bring in businesses on time and target. Jeffrey was well aware of Anthony’s new “favor” and wished he knew why by openly joking about Owl being gay. Owl simply ignored him, since he is now my parachuted new “boss”. 

One day, Jeffrey came  over to my desk, and with  a cheeky grin , asked if Owl do “oral”. Taken aback, Owl pretended not to know his intention. Jeffrey’s sexual innuendo wasn’t regular, but a straight man letting out at time, as a form of self-entertainment, to release occasional work stress. Eventually, Owl became used to Jeffrey’s behaviour, sometimes getting physical suddenly, by “massaging” Owl’s shoulder and then purported that Owl was fond of being sodomized by guy.

One late afternoon, still sweaty after a golf game, Anthony called Owl into his office to discuss salary matters, often him reluctant to pay staff on time. He raised Owl’s prepared spreadsheet over his face, blocking out eyes contact and in a laid back pose, rested his thigh on the arm of his couch, manspreading. Then, I saw his hand drifted to the middle distance, brushed across the front of his white pants, half adjusting and pushing to create a visible semi-hard dick line. There was no 2nd guessing how big Anthony wanted “it” to show, but Owl was already drooling over his solid protruded crotch…

When Owl is finally gotten the pay-checks signed by Anthony, Jeffrey arrived in the office and look tired. Owl followed him into his room to present him his paycheck. He looks at Owl without a word, inhaled deeply, he reached for his zipper and wanted Owl to give him a Quick hands job….

Freshly stunted by Anthony’s sex vibes which Owl has yet to get over it. Now a new offer came from Jeffrey to do him in the privacy of his room. Caught between a “Rod” and “Hard” place, Owl couldn’t find my last streak of dignity and boldly went down to attempt unzipping Jeffrey’s pants, but he was quick to grab my hands away from him, “Now get back to work!”

That same evening, Owl vowed to lay my groundwork for a quick exit, after applying for part-time tertiary education and within 3 months I’d gotten my wish. Thus ended Owl’s one and a half years on my 2nd job.

Thereafter Owl  also began my 1st cruising spree, for at least the next 10 years (fully indulged in pleasurable gay life mentioned in an earlier posting) while the hunt for my 3rd job continues….

*hoot!*

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 2 months later...

Owl has not been writing a bit for the past months, because I treasured having a warm cup of coffee and enjoying the sunset outside my farm barn, not caring what silliness happened to the world outside, nor the stupidity of our leaders fumbling at the backyard.  During the quiet period, a flock of sparrow passed by Owl’s barn and I overhead that the Green Pigeon was skinned and toasted by the lioness, unsurprisingly, but life goes on……

VINCENT vs.  VIVIAN

(Chapter 3)

Owl 3rd Job was nearby to my school campus, a deliberate choice and I was interviewed by a Manager called Vincent.

Vincent was a young chap just like me. During the interview, he spends at length to impress upon Owl the pecking order between us. The Company director, by the name Mr Fong, overheard our conversation and decided to step in and instantly offered Owl the job with a slightly higher Salary Vincent has tried to negotiated downward initially.

On the first day in office, Vincent volunteered to join Owl for lunch which Owl gladly accepted. However, Vincent was not shy to voice out his displeasure instead, and about Owl being offered the job and salary which was undeserving. Taken aback at Vincent’s upfront conversation, Owl became wary of my immediate manager and subsequently chose to lunch alone. Luckily, after six months into my job, Vincent was transferred to a different company and freed Owl from having to constantly watch over my back…

After a year, MINDEF bombarded Owl with letters to prepare me for my 1st ICT. Owl has to attend SAW Weapon course, and then BCTC, IPPT and randomly being called up by MINDEF, as early as 4 am, to report to  selected camp for a briefing. Those were tough year having to balance between School, Work and Army obligations, to the extent Owl was infected with stress virus I wasn’t aware, until an incident happened on my 1st ICT..... (Chapter 4).

As mentioned, Owl’s 2nd year into the Job was not short of madness. Mr Fong (the company director) wanted Owl to look for a helper, through my network of “friends”. Vivian, whom Owl met in my first job, was jobless for a while and she gladly took Owl’s invitation to join the company. 3 months later, Vivian tendered her resignation to Mr Fong and then told Owl she has found better opportunity elsewhere and just that.

Immediately after my 1st ICT, Owl wanted to leave the organisation on personal reason (Chapter 4), but Mr. Fong was reluctant to let me go. He assumed Vivian’s resignation was the reason Owl chose to leave, as she has discretely complained to him about the unfairness of Owl holding a more senior title than her. Such news came as a shocking revelation to Owl and  Mr Fong was quick to opined that most women are emotionally unstable and problematic.  However, Mr Fong wasn’t aware of Owl’s first “wound” came from Vincent (my manager), which placed Vincent and Vivian on equal footings.  Insecurity is blind to either gender, but Owl chose to remain silent as I see no reason to defend Vivian as much as I dislike Vincent

In my 3rd year, before Owl was being transferred to join Vincent in another company, I tendered my resignation...

GSy-YdYagOqH6SgnMFueUfrNG9U7BuAOSAn98x2fmuaTXCjPllu-7PFcaQE-V2QUjrrtZkr7M_49ZRYgTo9CHG86t-9FWhWMXhhs2V_jPX_Nkyc0rhKJpJcfJy9PiKOxmxmZJYEpCGY8nlz8mBUtXgzC4V70ZblmiNqrKmC6ANO7CB5nQRAKit1LSrnu9W09aYQb9JQ2-1TtdeChg1GEPGn8SDa3GTLHeJd3oBHlECZlWCzODpEDDShwp0SBdev1eZodQSm9K2DyiOsHwsCN7aIAh1ikL7l-2EQlmHkHe-5kDbTTvqycYLP9fFolRKNHyEYelxomMwJjcmwDACDPpuVxW2mMmdm5ZeaZ8P7EB6OgUwExhAXubWLroVLZiU0sI4BXybUOKms4I2PTyea_X0nQYJYPkH9yy2zyU8MuPR7PihZ03sDE7c_nDsGxGUqt6XQjI6CUXdG1czAaDFmn7vVGLY00SZ9Qgy1Ujq0sXfeJ3z4zyHpjgNXM1mdoyPFA_K1OttbsSbakVuDt4nshUrY3kyCbzrsOalnSCfqIxfig5HqN78-dF79vAgyajCvfejCrlsYFJ-QXce72r6fLRUoetpixozblltMUuWZiXaHAhEZPQOv69-jLt4mM5F3XxfYuaTWAFIJUR69SF7oDB0uozviB0CeHaUtZAvhjZqZvb_ZVxAhhxS4=w532-h709-no

Sunset outside Owl's Barn

*hoot!*

Edited by Midnight Owl

Oh, Men!!!!

Owl’s barn door was showing signs of worn and tears. Whenever the wind hits the wood and its hinges started to creak. A door repairman was soon engaged, and a rugged China man, lugging Owl's new door on his back, was seen on his way and free-balling beneath his dirt-stained jeans. He fit description of a man likely in his 40s, love drinking strong beer, man-spreading and smiling at every woman that passes by or getting him occasional paid fuck, at some cheap brothels.  He was strong and the huge door was darn heavy, but he shows no sign of relenting, despite having to walk 10 meters to the barn from his truck. 

After the new door was fixed and looks good, his supervisor came for an inspection. He was another bubbly China bear, in his early 30s, with a neat crew cut and fairer skin, and appears dissatisfied with the job done. He smiled at Owl and then summons the rugged Chinaman back to the barn. Screams and shouts ensued from the supervisor and the tension was so great Owl had thought both of them were about to land into a fight, which at that point, Owl began to fantasize them tearing each other shirts  apart and beating themselves unconscious for my eventual feasting, well…nothing happened.  

The rugged Chinaman took the lectures all in, apologised to his supervisor, and gets his “balls” rolling again, while the handsome supervisor looks on. What was the supervisor’s fuss about his worker; Owl does not know, except the needless demonstration of authority.  Regardless, Owl love what I saw – two very handsome China bears making a scene inside the quiet of my barn, and showing the very manly side of what a real Bear was supposed to be, during a solar eclipse....

Solar Eclipse taken outside Owl's Barn

Jv54cXWJU88FT_yFTS9qXj-LexzUffA491U1UsJv9QV-nIcbH-JNqDDKfXxJkwWTYtbFDrkLIbOeEyuRx2xlyiarwbq6bMytd5LEMxwQ-fL6-9kwdJ3MJfSxCi4NVxdIjIhmMdFLF00LfSu38hr9KRhumwRdhZ0T6J3HyeZ79Vv-NeCwrWMo8n3LDwa55-pflF6FQh6j0iBK_SESuzRNoT9GBTjG37cGaIyES1JqFzbxjAqmJgbURAp4AVFneEnLCqzQEojYB2TQ9oYl0rNr0tVtPY82kDifZ-i-QNZcXVpC3m_JQcTVPnat3rkSWRgymN3ZK6sgQzY-e-vEqzWYEkMys1yj4GRqmckE-8jrmPVh0gltIEtaZr-L4adL1qeCnvZqk_dWb5JPazs_HfuwbHS2-Mz2Ph1oNH3U_8jxRzeZnrepdRrLXDg0-uc_3XBK-57dkq2DRTHaX29jkSd8fg96QHRIvHcJCd1KK3mxy3F3s9joC1ZXID10NusiudPtTGH_Mf9-428IBRUo-3TdPf_bSPtZDNqVUsPboQ0Bwq6e_AZr8tmP3Db08HS4UXOaWGVDp5OZCPMox7AyGu9emCOZCwIbt5O9Qx3P5WmJHLyNI0CbRpn7yJkwHMy_p67rqEt2mBik2ZKUQvB4wYzMpMtY3pBpo47VdsuX6QXBfgVhyKcyTtmnwOk=w946-h709-no

What the Fish!!

With the barn’s door in place, the barn needs a little touch of auspicious. Nope, Owl is not a fan of huge red stickers beaming with big words. Owl’s thought, a couple of red swordtails will perform similar visual treat.

Out to the aquarium shop, overwhelmed with desperate customers and extremely short-handed service. Only one young & tanned china hunk was seen busy and running about in the shop, while the owner stood by and simply watch the "torture" taking place. 

This particular fish shop, is not one  that Owl would favour greatly. The fact that its staff turnover was ridiculously high, with several young china hunks being hired and fired at will, over many years, under a petty local boss. These workers worked for so little to bring home, seems to incite in the boss such contempt (out of guilt) to humiliate their workers at every turn, including making them dress like a clown, bearing the shop’s logo. These are the common sight of blue-collar jobs in Singapore. Luckily, having a body that a million gay would kill for, the China hunk still looks fabulous regardless.

Feeling unjust for the worker, Owl took a net and start stirring into an aquarium full of swordtails fish, until they gasped for oxygen and still couldn’t find a male specimen I've wanted. The young China hunk came to offer his help, despite him being busy and multi-tasked alone. With one female swordtail already held in captive  and a net in his, we both inched closer, cheek-to-cheek, in search for that elusive male swordtail and then dwelt in our world despite the whole world was waiting. Yes! Fuck the boss for not rolling up his sleeve in festive time like this. 

China Hunk: I think the male one were sold out, couldn’t find any in there.

Owl: Probably that piece, with a flat stomach, looks like a male one?

China Hunk: That one has a round bottom fins.

Owl: What about the other one? At the bottom right corner, it seems to be chasing around?

China Hunk: hmmm…let me see. Oops! It is gone, probably went hiding behind the filter.

Owl: Let me lift the filter while you catch.

China Hunk: Don’t. It will swim away and mingle with the rest, making “him” impossible to locate.

Owl: He has got to be there somewhere, to pair with my pregnant swordtail here.

China Hunk: Let’s see if we can find him again...

While the China hunk was patiently touching every corner with his net. Owl turned to look at him. He was very young, probably in his early 20s, but constant hustle in life has resulted in him looking like a matured man, behind the shadow of youth. 

China Hunk: Would you like to consider another female specimen instead?

Owl: Why? I need a male one to make the female pregnant.

China Hunk: OK, I will try. Let me look around again,

Owl:  Sorry for taking much of your time. If no luck in there, I will take another female piece then.

China Hunk: Not at all. Female swordtail tends to take on a male role, in the absence of a male fish.

Owl: You think so, like a gay couple?

China Hunk: Absolutely. Here is a huge piece for you. (Thereafter I noticed he was quietly smiling while housing my final purchase into an oxygenated bag).

Simply for a pair of fish, we have taken our longest time ever and watched the customers thin, and dispersed with frustration. Nobody knew for how long the boss have stood behind us and then gave us the “What the heck?” downright stares.   In our defence, the China Hunk returned the Boss with a nonchalant unapologetic gaze, symbol of a dignified man and no more meek-looking employee to be bullied.  Owl like what I saw and felt energised by a new power to be reckoned with.   As such, this new “couple” (each meticulously chosen by Owl & the China Hunk) has brought much smile to the quiet corner inside Owl's barn.

nafZVGsxWFxg6r6i60JygfaNHUka3_Qd-ViemsHOM350rghR6i1WeaUHPPVYxgP4iKoFUlbQdvHH--ETrUB9LDmXK29vxndGoVSpX6S9bJwLbLKSSnWCEyIM1yTMMQaOIYgSBN7j52yLO6LPNQd34Hgnfh1V4TSIZ6ctQIRifJTFx_Jas7YPci7RoIoxmxDBz7zJOkm9KoWBkEGa1AeTIM2CE_IqhhJ3SEnCjcPb8ysUYDRJNTAum6yH29H_61jdJBqCiqsvfupHz0LxPgyqAUF58j-6cH3nsCX6E8iaQoMfrsGB6UABEbKshOF_HE360GVsTyIMvzTEFZvO4pung9LXcNeLd1dPih4BVIGjySCHa81OrQSh67rcoZmp-SOyiwq5RjNqSUGq5DJwN856ee3Vfp07K3G84AtWdMNMXDDjfZS6cN68UkLMgvOc_K1yuCYYq5P3k5qZamm1YVq7oNaTJZH_urqVuW2gxKIbuyT_xlwlgsl3aDy0KYFOsxY6H_l0OBGsgyXAyKdd0luolTwETpFW2Y3HMWDBUcWhmx5N4BWFTrd0Cio2nF6KEIXKPMj0oNRG3m-RNunEnYtoN19XCF8CGNx-Erkb6ubDyx0ByazjvF6bmTKjbr4s5ijgTfovFELXcEY-ADYzGFoL8ARYi8SiQGGhj0PhflHHPPfINBETpotMlhY=w520-h380-no

As the year of the PIG, SWINE and BIG FAT BOSSES/POLITICIANS make to  its closure; Owl  leaned against the new barn’s door  and with a beer in my hand, cheer away the past 12 years of journey,  and happily getting drunk for the first time  ...*hoot!!*

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 4 weeks later...

Owl has to return to the fish shop.  The pair of swordtail was “complaining” over dried bread crumbs and began to look picky.  Owl need to give them proper meals and what better excuse than to visit the China Hunk again?

The aquarium shop was nearly deserted; nobody was seen providing service to their customers. Owl asked the cashier the whereabouts of China hunk and was told he returned to China, shortly after Owl has bought the swordtail fish.  Thereafter, the fish shop was lacking in maintenance, the water was filthy with odour and some fishes were seen struggling, but the boss was hoping his customers will still buy them.  The swordtail fish tank, where Owl and the China Hunk once took our time to net out a pair of healthy swordtail, was replaced by a hungry-looking gar.  

Owl asked the cashier the possibility of China Hunk returning to help and was told that the boss has no intention of bringing him back, because of the Corona Virus, banned or no banned.  Owl took the cheapest fish food available, paid their cashier and then swiftly flew away.

At midnight, a melancholic mood sets in as I watched the two lonely fish happily enjoying over a cheap meal Owl has just bought.   Owl didn’t want any of them to leave the other behind. Life is too cruel to not be in pair or a partner, as Owl brood over the possibility of the China Hunk being quarantined, alone, in his own country.

Just as a pair of swordtail has brought back Owl's brief encounterance with the China Hunk, an unexpected guest  has caught Owl by surprise.......

we have a Nemo!!!

XRWBYCJnN4Ls5a-xE4BcYP0NrVYb3-3xAB-RUQok4XIgfbwnkm-tXgJH8rJiLlyT1rsc2rLMuBaD3btX4eNx9Q1qQo-oWcM8Q3CGDgufweT2iZLChtHJIBkFXu-69HZsBo6H8wUZ3hbSB00vNc_tmXB9DkX_2EyGa95USbWFgqlGqOiDKwum_2230xIjZ4ridovunBat4VmfCzPBRzpsZC6EMVIgteJnuKzv53bcLJdaYhCJQs_5qW5XpCB3aWFYdPqIjvCNkGZXMCOa7xDMKJUBr3BzNnQxtDL_A_NJUmYKv5D3si7ivMqrCA3AkCfFi9Z8wLetP1zp-q6SP-IbEEG5eMXbf9vgv836XBnMDDtekYb4h73vQ4_REeGKN-3ks3shybcykrgVKHcFzx64uxddiiwjE3HxB8r-fUSwZ7s5q8PaX1ECMxwQsbn95mylD5VZAxLjYjhK1-6svsU2UrFo5-mWEBC-9gkhrT9elVXi5fhpUToGqwdr4AML8kq8o2DHzg5rQWpSNTVi0a6fX9G0A23E4aTpquNlIaOiLYMPjrZVIBJDQE1Eetmqj2ofIqMOhTkNyKigiVf-6DYzkHLRlQLNBr9k0kHsG86aXwhZqKarTG0fskNx7G5-AKIquCBBJtgZJH_FSlpU6_iFP6ayNYqLdKhpcQ53THOzjTP1jVLJSafP2Tc=w946-h709-no

*hoot!!!*

• 1 month later...

Owl has been in a quiet celebratory mood, watching an on-going battle  where once upon a time, the eyes do not see what I saw – Capitalism thrives at the expense of health and the latter has now brought everything to its knees….

(Charlie versus Delta)

Chapter 4(1) of (2)

Owl's 1st In-Camp Training (ICT) was rather random.  MINDEF had placed Owl in a Unit where Owl does not belong, at least on paper.  They fucked up, and Owl was arbitrarily thrown into Charlie Company to find my way out of redundancy.  Thus, Owl's name was missing on every foreseeable program schedule, which has to be updated manually to account for my existence in the camp.  

Charlie soldiers; having spent years in hiatus before being called up for their 1st ICT, pursued a kind of dumb relentless persistence towards infantry excellence. As it turns out, their Sergeant behaved like a demigod and treated every lower rank soldier as a boy recruit, to be shitted on; there was no rest to achieve the best.  Unpopular soldiers were shunned upon by others and Owl was forced to adopt any of them, as my nightmarish buddy.

On a field night, an unwanted PIG was assigned to pair with Owl during trench digging exercise.  He slept throughout the night and left Owl to work on the ground alone. By dawn, our trench received a poor assessment of not digging deep enough. Owl's complaint about the sleeping PIG was turned down, like a bad excuse, for failing as a “team”.  As such, Owl and the sleepy PIG was punished and then made to spend another night digging the 2nd trench on a rocky mountain. 

The sleepy PIG promised to co-operate this time, but after making a few superficial surface dents, he went back to his slumberland again.   Reluctantly, Owl picked up the hoe and started to hack every piece of shit out of the rocky land, hoping to "bury" the sleepy PIG alive, but I gave up trying. Even a proper standard trench could not fit him in.  In the middle of the night, Owl sat on the edge of an empty Mandai Hill, feeling like an outcast in the cold of my sweat…

Soon after, the whole battalion was ferried to Palau Tekong, to put our first week of training into the test. We journeyed for about 2 miles, into the thick wood, before someone heard sudden short bursts of gunfire. We were "contacted" and everyone scurried for cover.  Owl, being the least noticeable man at the back of the line, tried to follow tightly behind the running troop, amidst a thunderstorm looming near. When the forest was eventually consumed by heavy downpour and became less visible, Owl has already lost sight of the last man ahead.

Lugging my backpack, a heavy SAW weapon and some extra heavy pieces of stuff which the other team members refused to shoulder,  each uphill movement was a daunting task, not to mention the last remaining energy spend digging two trenches on consecutive nights, has raised its toll on Owl under the extreme weather…. 

Anxious of losing Charlie men, Owl struggled to stand up for a quick dash into the forest, but the drenched heavy backpack has gotten ahead of itself in the wrong direction.  Owl fell backward, tumbled down the slippery forest floor, made worse by torrential flood rushing in, from every direction. What transpired after, was a hazy recollection: Owl landed hard on my head, I threw-up and passed out in the middle of an unabated storm....

• 1 month later...

Owl woke up on IV drips and was given a heavy dosage of antibiotics to bring down a fever. Several X-rays were taken, before Owl was wheeled into an operating theatre. A painful Bronchoscope was carried out, due to suspicious activities found in the lung. Owl gagged and cried from insufficient anesthesia administered, but my discomfort went unheeded….

Facing a group of Military doctors, Owl had hope for a complete discharge from Military service, but the hospital report came back “Negative”. Their final verdict on Owl’s circumstance was Stress and Exhaustion. Nothing Major. Owl was exempted to serve my 2nd ICT.   Before Owl felt fully recuperated, Owl was called up for my 3rd ICT, assigned to a completely different Regiment…

(Charlie versus Delta)

Chapter 4(2) of (2)

Owl's 3rd In-Camp Training (ICT) was no longer random. Registration was swift and Owl was immediately directed to my bunk - Delta Company, Platoon 9, Section 2.

In Charlie, soldiers were nerdy, almost virgin-like, and caring to succeed under pressure.   Delta, on the other hand, comprised slightly matured soldiers of mixed brotherly vibes and gangster characters. It was also under the charge of a very young Company Commander, who loves chatting with his more matured soldiers. As a result, though not completely slack, Delta’s atmosphere was casual.   A curious Seagull came over, sat on an empty bed next to mine.

Seagull:  Hi, we have never seen you before, what is your name?

Owl:   Midnight Owl.

Seagull: Are you married?

Owl:     No

Seagull:  “How old are you?

Owl:     27.

Seagull:  No way! You look so boyish

Seagull was unconvinced and before he fired the next question, a heavy bag was tossed in his direction: “Get your ass off my bed.” Owl turned to see where the object came from, and by the Grace of God, it was Sky Eagle (who needs no further introduction in my early year posts).

Eventually, Delta soldiers warmed up to Owl fairly quickly. I was surprised to see that the diverse group of soldiers got along winningly, some sort of shared amorality which Owl realized, in private, I was just like them.  When Seagull walked around naked in the bunk, it was a common knowledge everyone shared “see no evil, speak no evil”. 

Old rumors were circulating about Lemur (gay guy) being locked inside a toilet cubicle and sodomized by a Hippo. Owl was skeptical at first, but during a training break, Hippo showed everyone a video he took on his smart phone. Kneeling between Hippo’s legs, a tranny was caught working vigorously. The video continued for several minutes until a string of sperms ejaculated and nearly blinded her. If the rumors about Lemur (who mildly denied the scandal) did hold some water, who was Owl to judge? In that year, Owl has had my fair share of gay “activities” in the outside world.  Without being overbearing, Delta soldiers are almost very gay-friendly and easy to forge camaraderie with.

After dinner with Sky Eagle, at the Cookhouse, everyone started to book out except Owl.  Hours later, a group of soldiers returned with various local foods, courtesy of Seagull.  

Sky Hawk:  Owl, we brought you fried noodles (Cha Kway Teow). Come and join us.

Lemur lamented: How come Owl have, I don’t have?

Hippo:  You can suck my cock! (Tossing a bun at Lemur)

Seagull handed Owl a plastic fork and a pack of fried noodles as we huddled together.

Owl:  I am still feeling quite full from dinner. I don't think I can finish all”.

Falcon chipped in: “Owl, you are quite thin, you need to eat more. I heard there will be trench digging tomorrow…..”  

Their kindness was accepted.  However, the thought of trench digging has stirred up Owl’s uncomfortable memories in Charlie

Sky Eagle turned up silently in the late hour, and without switching on the light, he placed a small bag of glutinous rice pastries (Nonya Kueh) on my bedside table and then leaned forward to check if Owl was asleep. When he saw that my eyes were still wide open (after a heavy meal), we both laughed....

Owl: Eagle, who was your previous buddy?

Eagle: A flying fox

Owl: Where is he now?

Eagle: Not too sure. Last year, he mentioned moving to the UK to pursue his studies.

Owl: We will be buddy again, like our recruit days, right?

Eagle: You are now sleeping on the Flying Fox bed.  *hinting*

Under several durian trees, Sky Eagle surveyed the ground.  He then secured a shovel plate into the earth, with his boot and the full force of his weight; a huge chunk of rooted soil came off.  He took off his shirts and continued to work his way without wanting Owl involved in difficult areas. The whole task seems like a piece of cake to him, unlike the lazy piggy who had cost me dearly in Charlie. Owl helped with the sandbags. By midnight, we (he) had completed a proper trench and then lay down on our groundsheet to rest, and listen for signs of falling fruits,

As the days went by, the whole battalion was mobilized. Troops marched along Lim Chu Kang, confronted by endless row of cemeteries along the curbside, to the furthest horizons. The weather did not disappoint, but Owl was unwittingly reaching out for my helmet buckle. A flashback of head injury in Charlie, on a stormy day, still seems like yesterday. 

Owl followed Sky Eagle very closely, almost knocking him accidentally at every turn of the event. Whether we were diving into the sea of razor-sharp towering lalang or filthy river infested with the slug, we constantly maintained our eye contact.  At the end of the day, Delta has executed its warfare exceedingly. 

Since then, Sky Eagle  has accompanied Owl throughout my entire ICTs journey, under the shelter of Delta company.  There was no more storm in my army life.  Owl look much happier and stronger and was completely healed thereafter.

*hoot* 

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 7 months later...

It has been a long while since Owl has written, I was mainly soaking in the wondrous moment of lock-down and early phases of a pandemic.  I couldn't explain how much I have enjoyed my life during that period of peace and uncluttered in our society.  The opening of Phase 3, has now forced Owl to withdraw from public space and start ranting again….

(狸猫换太子)
Traded the Crown Prince for a Raccoon

Chapter 5

Owl's 4th Job was originally intended for an upgrade, away from Admin to something more specialized in the G sector.  Unfortunately, my resume was re-routed to a different department, at the discretion of my interviewer. Simply, they狸猫换太子with my job application and eventually, persuaded Owl to accept lower salary job befitting my past experiences.   SIMON became my new boss….

SIMON was a nice guy, a retired sergeant parachuted to head the admin department, as a redundant role, too sore to be left vacant.   Admin was a small team of 3 hardcore Christian, also long-serving silver serpents, doing practically nothing. One of whom, a sour-faced junior lady, who never failed to throw contemptuous glances in my direction, spewing disrespectful remarks about Owl being a thorn in her eyes. Something in her postures made me think back at the trigger happy religious fundamentalist; arbitrarily pour hate just because someone happens to be gay. Shockingly, no one stood up for Owl after witnessing a new bird being ostracized for no good reason.

SIMON does not have much authority, and the key players are his direct bosses, a group of PAPER TIGERS whom Owl have met  during a small group meeting and with refreshment provided that could easily feed a van full of the orphan.  All the extravagant spending and meetings, were sound and fury signifying nothing useful. A simple assignment completed by Owl, often gets revisited, revised, replayed ad infinitum, for pure pleasure (and food) and then reverted to its original form to be buried in my PC, never to be heard again.  After which, Owl felt mentally insulted and underutilized, with 80% of my free time spent staring at the wall. 

Adding to the woes, SIMON insisted Owl accompany him, at every two-hour interval,  to the under-stocked canteen for his regular fix of coffee breaks, lunch and then after lunch snacks. Shortly thereafter, Owl would struggle to keep me awake for the rest of the day, and stirred momentarily only to check the time, or interrupted from nodded off, by a logistic guy sitting on my desk and asked if I needed a refill of stationery.  Owl pulled out 2 drawers full of overflow office supplies, but the cheerful middle-age man insisted that I should still make a request regardless. Too much-unused fund at hand could jeopardize their KPI or seen as poor budget planning.  

Like all machines, the G functioning depends on repetition, on a regular predictable prescribed movement that does nothing important.  From a macro perspective, it looks busy, from a micro perspective, stagnancy thrives.  If the office was smitten with a meteor from outer space, replacement is not only unnecessary and probably moved at cost-savings, double speed. 

Unsatisfied, unhappy, unfulfilled and unproductive, set Owl on the brink of collapsing, mentally and physically.  When your ass is still their property, you began to question the purpose of your existence. 

Like all living creatures capable of seeking its own course, Owl quitted and was told to seek clearance, with a list of dozen signatories required, from pantry officer who tried to flirt with you,  to the distant top brass passing unflattering remarks over your decision.

At a last-minute effort on my departure, , SIMON wanted Owl to meet the PAPER TIGERS  again, be it a well-meaning goodbye, or an uncovering of more 狸猫 under their sleeves, no longer interest me.  As I walked towards their conference room, a large luminous “EXIT" at the lobby caught my attention and just like all-stars finally aligned for me to flee,  Owl did just that.

*hoot!!*

Edited by Midnight Owl

• 3 months later...

Of seeking Refuge

(Chapter 6)

Having gone through emotional, mental and physical stress in my early careers. Owl has wished to seek “refuge” in Charitable Organisation where presumably all good souls congregated …..

The interview was conducted by an Admin Manager (Susan) and an HR Officer (Jenny), both of whom exuded an aura almost deity-lite, and constantly mouthing politically correct vibes, while observing sensitivity during the conversations, for fear of offending some obscure sensibility or affiliation of  sort. As soon as they found out Owl was mild, I have gotten into my 5th Job instantly.

Owl was formally introduced to the fund manager (Steve), the Marketing Manager and the Project Manager, the trio known as TEAM A.   Thereafter Susan took Owl aside and whispered, just between you and me, we are a team now, to equal the other side of TEAM A.  She wanted Owl to support her in every organisational meeting, now that she has me and Jenny on her side, known as TEAM B. This explains Owl was being recruited smoothly, a number to up her force.

Though Owl report to Susan, all my work involved working closely with TEAM A on an upcoming and huge fundraising project. Susan would often be seen disagreeing with one of TEAM A’s suggestions, and then look in my direction, searching for support.  Eventually, TEAM A also regard Owl in resentment, not for the fabulous work I did but based on who my supervisor was.

On an occasion, Steve elbow one of the committee members and roll his eyes in disappointment, telling the other party,  that the stupid Owl was putting on an act for show and credit. Nearby volunteers were shocked by Steve’s blatant remarks. However, Owl was far less oblivious than Steve thought me, and I bore it all with dignity and resignation, and focus on doing good for the less fortunate.

After 6 months of painstaking effort, internal bickering, co-ordination with sponsors and numerous red tapes with various government departments, the funfair was eventually set up on a Saturday. Crowds and donations would be huge, as compared to other forms of soliciting street sales or school donations. Minister of Shortie (an unpopular guy by any standard) was invited as main focus to glaze the event, just for a couple of minutes.   Large photos of needy folks and poor families were put on public display, but the greater emphasis was on the history of the charity organization.  

Soon after the VIP has left (around noon), the chief told everyone to wrap up and he left with his chauffeur, while the crowd kept pouring in to buy donation tickets and have to be turned away.  Months of hard work and overtimes, with the sole purpose of creating a good cause for humanity , turned out to be VIP glorifying and mere symbolic gesture to gain status recognition for the organization.

Needless to say, the KPI on each category of cash collection failed across the board, from food to games  and other merchandises that day. As much as Owl knew the reason, the finance team was placed in an unenviable position to explain the result. The  committee members were harsh, and.disagreeing with any of them would be counterproductive and deemed ungrateful against their sacrificial of precious times and thus rendering your doubt and views invalid.  I see their power at play and such are the dilemma that ran through certain non profiteering veins, be it religious or not.

Unable to rationalize the whole situation, Owl quitted and was fully supported by Susan, not because she fully understood my issue, but my action indirectly fuelled the ammunition for her to continue throwing TEAM A under the bus. 

After completing my last day in office, Owl walked to the Old national stadium, a stone’s throw away distance. I spend the evening jogging and exercising, in preparation for my 5th ICT, followed by a lengthy shower where I kept the door wide open. Moments later, a young guy locked the door behind us, and it became a refuge Owl has long desired, for the rest of the night…..

*hoot!*

*Hoot!*

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.