Male HQ

Where To Buy Record Players Or Turntables In Singapore?

Guest victor

I had to give up my vinyl LPs for the want one of finding a turntable or record player. And even if I do manage to procure one, there's the headache of getting replacement for the stylus or needle.

Does any one know how to convert one remaining LP I have to CD, i.e. remastering?

It costs US$50 to get it done in USA and that's excluding shipment costs.

Guest dazzled

Was in the same situation as you. Did some research online. You can either buy a brand new turntable from Hin Huat at Sim Lim Sq. Some even have USB to connect to PC for music conversion.

http://www.hinhuatdj.com

As for me. I managed to source out a use Panasonic SL-1210MK that was in excellent condition at Memory Lane in Adelphi. You can check with the owner there named Adrian - he has some used turntables too. Was not only able to play all my old vinyl but also digitalise them to feed into my iPod. If you want the service to just convert the music, he can do for you too.

Was in the same situation as you. Did some research online. You can either buy a brand new turntable from Hin Huat at Sim Lim Sq. Some even have USB to connect to PC for music conversion.

http://www.hinhuatdj.com

As for me. I managed to source out a use Panasonic SL-1210MK that was in excellent condition at Memory Lane in Adelphi. You can check with the owner there named Adrian - he has some used turntables too. Was not only able to play all my old vinyl but also digitalise them to feed into my iPod. If you want the service to just convert the music, he can do for you too.

Wow, that's great... Can you be more specific to the exact location of Memory Lane in Adelphi. Where is this place? Is it Adelphi Hotel? Is the road called Memory Lane? How to find the owner, Adrian? What shop does he own? Name of shop and location? Any contact no?

I am really very keen to get myself one of these record players or even the turntables...do not know how much it cost..do u know?

thanks a lot.

Wow, that's great... Can you be more specific to the exact location of Memory Lane in Adelphi. Where is this place? Is it Adelphi Hotel? Is the road called Memory Lane? How to find the owner, Adrian? What shop does he own? Name of shop and location? Any contact no?

I am really very keen to get myself one of these record players or even the turntables...do not know how much it cost..do u know?

thanks a lot.

i'm still playing my turntables till today. Check out tis place. Blk 3021 Ubi Ave 2 #04-193. Call first, in case he oredy move. Charlie low 67441010.

can buy 2nd haand record at sungai road or brand new at gramophone.

I had to give up my vinyl LPs for the want one of finding a turntable or record player. And even if I do manage to procure one, there's the headache of getting replacement for the stylus or needle.

Does any one know how to convert one remaining LP I have to CD, i.e. remastering?

It costs US$50 to get it done in USA and that's excluding shipment costs.

1)I converted mine using old model'creative' MP3 player with 'line in' function. U play the record and connect the MP3 player to the headphone jack. It will store into ur MP3. Once in, u can transfer to cd. Its time consuming tho..cos u cant play/ record at hi speed.

2) when u buy turntable, take note of the stylus model and number. Then u can buy it online. Or at sim lim sq for inferior quality. ( i bot from there n regret)

thanks a lot.

The Adelphi is opp peninsula plaza..somewhere there. Mostly high end audio. All specialty shops. Check it out..

Hi,

Do anyone here know if it is possible to buy the record player to play old records? I checked the net, it seems there's the turntables which can play the old records, is this true? Do we have such turntables for sale in singapore?

thanks...

Thanks for starting this tread, we're a niche group..we share info's but not our stuff..(our rare collection i mean)

Guest dazzled

thanks a lot.

There is no Adelphi Hotel dear..haha! It's as Imran said, opposite Peninsula Hotel or rather Funan IT Mall. "Memory Lane" is the name of the shop lah! It's in Basement 1, corner near staircase. I do not have a contact number.

Also can share with you guys info on this huge Vinyl Warehouse that is only open on weekends.

Red Point

80 Playfair Road

Kapo Factory Building Block B

#06-11

Tel: 63833955 H/P 9066 6799

Sat 10am to 8pm

Sun 10am to 4pm

They also have used turntables there.

Prices for turntable ranges on it's condition but it's best to get one that spare parts still readily available like the Technics SL-1210MK. (new one is $1200+ but I got mine at $400+ fm Memory Lane)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Do anyone here know if it is possible to buy the record player to play old records? I checked the net, it seems there's the turntables which can play the old records, is this true? Do we have such turntables for sale in singapore?

thanks...

Hi,

thanks...

I play VINYL every Sunday at the Prince of Wales (Little India) from 4pm through to 7.30pm (often later). We purchased decks and mixer several week ago from a place in Little India.

• 9 months later...

I play VINYL every Sunday at the Prince of Wales (Little India) from 4pm through to 7.30pm (often later). We purchased decks and mixer several week ago from a place in Little India.

I bought this very affordable record player, selling at S$199 by Tronifer Pte Ltd. It can also convert LPs into MP3 files and record directly to USB or SD card. Quite cool~

The guy I contacted is Bernard. Phone: 68484771

I bought this very affordable record player, selling at S$199 by Tronifer Pte Ltd. It can also convert LPs into MP3 files and record directly to USB or SD card. Quite cool~

The guy I contacted is Bernard. Phone: 68484771

Anyone knows where is a good place to get gramaphones fixed. Mainly, it is fixing the stylus..

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, I'm from Sri Lanka and hope to visit Singapore soon, and when there, would like to purchase a new hi-fi turntable with attached CD Recorder. Could anyone, from anywhere, please help me with details of available Suppliers therefor, in Singapore. Please respond soon, to - curios4@yahoo.com - ( postal / web addresses would all, be welcome )Thank you. Hugh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Vanessa

Hello! I recently bought a Fisher Price record player #825. Unfortunately the fuse blew while playing a record halfway. I would really like to fix this, could someone kindly let me know where can I go to fix record players?? Thanks!!

Guest Bernard
There is an antique shop on level 2 at the new Kallang Leisure Drome near the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Saw some old 60s and 70s stuff there. You can try there. Good luck! :thumb:

What's the name of the shop?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Stephen

Actually the Adelphi has quite a few shops (around 5) which sells both used and new vinyl. Yes, you can still find newly pressed records and they sound absolutely incredible. Blows away CDs, and most high res downloads. In fact, records sound better than digital, period. Its really not that hard to find replacement styli too... most cartridges last a long time as long as you take care of them and clean them before playing each record using a stylus cleaning brush (a few dollars for a basic model). You will not believe the quality of the sound coming from this "old" technology. And please forget about digitising the records. If you have a turntable just make sure you plug it to the hi fi or sound system. If your amplifier does not have specific "phono'" input you may need to get a separate phono stage but that's it.

Guest Stephen

Hello! I recently bought a Fisher Price record player #825. Unfortunately the fuse blew while playing a record halfway. I would really like to fix this, could someone kindly let me know where can I go to fix record players?? Thanks!!

You can try Adrian at Memory Lane (basement of Adelphi, next to a massage joint).

• 5 months later...

Actually the Adelphi has quite a few shops (around 5) which sells both used and new vinyl. Yes, you can still find newly pressed records and they sound absolutely incredible. Blows away CDs, and most high res downloads. In fact, records sound better than digital, period. Its really not that hard to find replacement styli too... most cartridges last a long time as long as you take care of them and clean them before playing each record using a stylus cleaning brush (a few dollars for a basic model). You will not believe the quality of the sound coming from this "old" technology. And please forget about digitising the records. If you have a turntable just make sure you plug it to the hi fi or sound system. If your amplifier does not have specific "phono'" input you may need to get a separate phono stage but that's it.

Hi

how much for buying a separate phono stage, thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Jordan Johari Rais

Vinyl Records for Sale.

Hello everyone, happy records store day..

I have abt 400-500 vinyl records comprising of rock, jazz, blues, folk, rare finds, classic and contemporary artists.. All of them have to go cause im relocating.. Should anyone is interested to have a look at my collection, you're most welcome to come on down to my place. Contact me at 94236834 for queries. Also have some players, stanton audiophile head stylus, a vintage pre-amp all have to go...

Thank u & good day!

Jordan

• 1 month later...
Guest Jolin

Vinyl Records for Sale.

Hello everyone, happy records store day..

I have abt 400-500 vinyl records comprising of rock, jazz, blues, folk, rare finds, classic and contemporary artists.. All of them have to go cause im relocating.. Should anyone is interested to have a look at my collection, you're most welcome to come on down to my place. Contact me at 94236834 for queries. Also have some players, stanton audiophile head stylus, a vintage pre-amp all have to go...

Thank u & good day!

Jordan

Question is do you have a record player up for sale as well? And frank sinatra records, and some beatles as well? 

• 6 years later...
Guest Guest Bird

Private person. Call 90718293 if keen to buy old/antique gramophones,  different models includng a tiny one, old vinyl records and needles.

On Whats App so can send pics.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.