Male HQ

Foreign / Overseas LGBT News - Gay News Outside Singapore (Compiled)

ruffx2sg

Sometimes people support a movement with some hidden agenda (I am not accusing Brad Pitt for that, just a general comment). Like the election, sometimes they choose a woman, or candidate of certain belief or ethnical group simply because this particular profile will enable them to win votes from a certain community which they at the moment fail to capture........

So in this case, you think Brad may be one of us...

He may just divorce AJ (Angelina Jolie) and marry a real AJ (PLU), :lol:

BTW, I agree with your comment (especially when politics is concerned).

But in this case, I think Brad is real.... if he wants publicity (which he don't really need as he is already getting a lot), he can just donate to help the AIDS victim, which he already is doing. He donated US$2m.

Brad Pitt on why he donated:

"Because no one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America, my vote will be for equality and against Proposition 8"

WEDDING VOWS @ http://www.georgetakei.com/

What George Takei and Brad Altman vowed to each other during their wedding ceremony

at the Democracy Forum of the Japanese American National Museum

in Los Angeles on September 14, 2008.

Brad Altman's Vows

Over the more than 21 years we have been together, I have called you many things.

Some of the things I have called you I can repeat here.

I have called you:

--my life partner,

--my significant other,

--my longtime companion,

--my lover.

Now the California Supreme Court says our Golden State has marriage equality. Beginning today, a dream comes true for me.

I can add "my husband" to the list of things I call you.

George, I pledge to love you in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad times.

I vow to love you always as my lawfully wedded husband.

George Takei's Vows

Brad, I first saw you about twenty-five years ago at a Frontrunner's run around Silver Lake reservoir. I thought you were drop-dead gorgeous! Then I saw that you were the best runner in the club to boot. Later, I learned that you had already run two marathons. I decided you were going to train me for my first marathon. And you did. You did a good job because I finished that 26.2 mile run. Since then, we've been running the marathon of life together for the last 21 years.

In those years, we've come to know each others' strengths, shortcomings, and where we complement each other. Brad, you are an organized, detail obsessed, punctuality driven control freak. I'm easy-going with details. So we're a perfect fit. We've worked together, achieved together, and enjoyed the fruits of our achievements together.

When my mother became ill and no longer could take care of herself, we moved her in with us. And you helped me care for her with the devotion and affection of a true son. So my vow to you is also a tribute to you.

As we bind our love with this wedding ceremony, in this forum of democracy, in this September of my life, I vow to care for you as you've cared for me, cherish you with all my heart, and love you as my husband and the only man in my life. I love you very much.

• 1 month later...

Gay sex parties broken up, 70 nabbed

By ANN TAN

GEORGE TOWN: Police busted four male sex parties in progress on Saturday, rounding up more than 70 customers and male sex workers.

Some of them could not put on their clothing in time when police stormed the various premises during the 5.30pm incident.

Used condoms were found strewn all over the floor of the premises.

Police also seized some pxxnography DVDs, gay magazines, lubrication jelly and boxes of condoms at the scene.

A team from the anti-vice, gaming and secret societies division (D7) conducted the raids at four separate locations -- two on the mainland as well as a traditional massage parlour and a fitness centre on the island.

George Town Deputy OCPD Supt Gan Kong Meng said 28 local men and a man from China, in their 20s to 40s, were arrested at the scene. Some of the customers were from Europe and the United States.

“The case had been classified as an act of gross indecency under Section 377D of the Penal Code,” he said.

Deputy state CID chief Supt Nashir Ya said owners of the premises would be charged under Section 292 of the Penal Code for being involved in vice.

Gay sex parties broken up, 70 nabbed

By ANN TAN

GEORGE TOWN: Police busted four male sex parties in progress on Saturday, rounding up more than 70 customers and male sex workers.

Some of them could not put on their clothing in time when police stormed the various premises during the 5.30pm incident.

Used condoms were found strewn all over the floor of the premises.

Police also seized some pxxnography DVDs, gay magazines, lubrication jelly and boxes of condoms at the scene.

A team from the anti-vice, gaming and secret societies division (D7) conducted the raids at four separate locations -- two on the mainland as well as a traditional massage parlour and a fitness centre on the island.

George Town Deputy OCPD Supt Gan Kong Meng said 28 local men and a man from China, in their 20s to 40s, were arrested at the scene. Some of the customers were from Europe and the United States.

“The case had been classified as an act of gross indecency under Section 377D of the Penal Code,” he said.

Deputy state CID chief Supt Nashir Ya said owners of the premises would be charged under Section 292 of the Penal Code for being involved in vice.

OMG......

i bet they will be shamed and it happen in malaysia where homosexuals are reali reali banned....sigh....hope the best for all our brothers there...

The Star , Malaysia

Monday November 3, 2008

70 nabbed in police raids on gay parties

GEORGE TOWN: Police broke up four gay parties and nabbed 70 people, some of whom were literally caught with their pants down. Those detained included locals, Americans, Europeans and a Chinese national.

Police, in a blitz to weed out vice activities here and in Seberang Jaya on Saturday, stumbled upon the parties specially organised for the men.

In the three-hour raids that started at 5.30pm, police stormed into a traditional massage parlour and a fitness centre in Midlands Park and two other fitness centres in Seberang Jaya.

The raiding party seized used condoms, pxxnography DVDs, gay magazines, lubrication jelly and boxes of condoms found in the four premises.

Police said the organisers had used legitimate businesses as their front to conduct the illicit activities to hoodwink the authorities.

George Town Deputy OCPD Supt Gan Kong Meng said they arrested 29 men, including a Chinese national, at the massage parlour and fitness centre here during the 8.30pm raid.

Rounded up: The party-goers at Midlands Park being led to the police truck before being taken to the state contingent police headquarters for questioning on Saturday.

Many of them were found naked when police walked into the joints, he said.

The men, aged between 20 and 40, were arrested and questioned at the state police headquarters in Penang Road and were later released on bail, he added.

“Those caught will be charged with gross indecency,” said Supt Gan, adding that police had raided the massage parlour and fitness centre five times in the past.

In Seberang Jaya, the police conducted the raid following public tip-offs and caught 41 suspects, including the Westerners.

The suspects were taken to the Seberang Jaya district police headquarters and had their statements recorded before being released on police bail.

Police are also looking for the owners of the two premises to prosecute them for allowing their premises to be used as vice dens.

---> Could be in KL and Johor next !...

• 1 month later...

Woman taunted for being a lesbian, gang raped in San Francisco

Tuesday 23rd December, 06:18 PM JST

SAN FRANCISCO —

A woman was taunted for being a lesbian, repeatedly raped by four men and left naked outside an abandoned apartment building, authorities said Monday.

Detectives say the 28-year-old victim was attacked Dec 13 after she got out of her car in Richmond, in the San Francisco Bay area.

“It just pushes it beyond fathomable,” said Richmond police Lt Mark Gagan on Monday. “The level of trauma—physical and emotional—this victim has suffered is extreme.”

Authorities are characterizing the attack as a hate crime. Gagan said the victim lived openly with a female partner and had a rainbow flag sticker on her car.

The 45-minute attack began when one of the men approached the woman as she crossed the street, struck her with a blunt object, ordered her to undress and sexually assaulted her with the help of the other men.

When the group saw another person approaching, they forced the victim back into her car and took her to a burned-out apartment building, where she was raped again inside and outside the vehicle. The assailants took her wallet and drove off in her car. Officers found the car abandoned two days later.

Gay rights advocates note that hate crimes based on sexual orientation have increased nationwide. There were 1,415 such crimes in 2006 and 1,460 in 2007, both times making up about 16 percent of the total, according to the FBI.

Avy Skolnik, a coordinator with the New York-based National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs, noted that gay, lesbian and transgender crime victims may be more reluctant than heterosexual victims to contact police.

He also said the group plans to analyze hate crime data to see whether fluctuations may be related to the gay marriage bans that appeared on ballots this year in California, Arizona and Florida.

“Any time there is an anti-LGBT initiative, we tend to see spikes both in the numbers and the severity of attacks,” he said. “People feel this extra entitlement to act out their prejudice.”

___

Associated Press writer Haven Daley in Richmond contributed to this report

• 2 weeks later...

After the Santika Pub caught fire during the New Year Countdown. Another buildling in Bangkok caught fire yesterday.

For those who go to the bangkok chinatown sanua will be familiar with this building. The paper reported a man killed on the 7th floor, whereby the sanua is situated.

Those who go to thailand, beware about the building fire escape route. The best is to avoid over crowded places and old old building with poor fire precautions.

Take extra precaution while in bangkok.

Bingo

here is newpapers reporting

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/01/05...al_30092416.php

1 killed, 47 injured in massive fire at shopping, residential building

Rescuers took hours to rescue some 50 people from the Sua Pa Plaza building in Pomprab district.

The body of Sanguan Saenkaew, 45, was found on the seventh floor after the blaze was put out.

The fire broke out at 8:30 pm. The blaze, which caused thick smokes, quickly spread to other floors, causing panic among shoppers and residents of the building. Many of them rushed to the rooftop to wait for help.

The building's 4th-6th floor are residential area of 50 rooms to each floor while the 7th to 9th floors provided sauna service.

About 60 fire engines were deployed to fight the blaze, causing traffic congestion on the Sua Pa road.

By 9:15 pm, fire fighters managed to control the blaze but could not put it out completely as thick smokes still filled inside the building.

Initially, 19 people were rescued from the rooftop using a ladder of a fire engine.

Fire fighters also went inside the building and rescued some 10 other people from the first to fourth floors.

Later on, 30 more people fled to the rooftop and were rescued by a helicopter which landed on the roof of adjacent building. The stranded people were directed through a stairway to the adjacent building and were lifted to safety by the helicopter late at night.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Suchart Muenkaew said about 100 people live inside the building and at least 50 of them were rescued.

Firefighters continued to douse the building with water but smokes still billowed out of the building late Sunday night, causing fear that the building would collapse.

The Erawan Emergency Centre reported that 32 people were rushed to the Central Hospital, 6 Hua Chiew Hospital, 4 to Vajira Hospital, 3 to Lerdsin Hospital, 1 to Rajvithi Hospital and another to the Ramathibodi Hospital.

sad to know abt this...

BTW been to GSM, the design was really horrible, plenty of staircase leading no where, very steep staircase, too many twist and turns. I would imagine in the event of a fire, getting out is not an easy task.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

sad to know abt this...

BTW been to GSM, the design was really horrible, plenty of staircase leading no where, very steep staircase, too many twist and turns. I would imagine in the event of a fire, getting out is not an easy task.

Especially with all the chubbies rushing out!

我有煙但係邊個有火。。。

Guest el_teacher

I am a regular at the GSM sauna... I was in the sauna when the fire broke out... by the time we realized there was a fire, there was no way down the stairs and out of the building.... believe me, there was only one way out- at the end of a staircase that NOBODY uses... thank god the fire man found us, and rescued us. (after being inside the smoky building with no lights for two hours!!!!) we were all taken to the roof of the adjacent building, where we either climbed down a ladder (as I did) and out the fire escape of the building, or we were taken by helicopter.

Honestly thought I was going to die. There are many staircases, and yes- it is quite hard to get around with thick smoke everywhere... it's quite humiliating to be in the streets of bangkok in a towel- especially if you're a foreigner!!!!

there was no fire on the 5+ floors- so all of the sauna was not burned- but lots of things were broken in the panic, etc- the building, however is in such bad shape- don't think they'll be able to use it again.

Goodness, it must been a big scare for you. Thank god you are alive. Yes, GSM building is kinda claustrophobic. You get into the sauna by that tidy lift. I really dont know whether the other exits are honestly.

I remember once downstair waiting for the lift to come down. I kept hearing loud sparks coming from the handphone shops nearby. Dont know what they were repairing and there were electrical socket hanging loose everywhere... etc...

Sad that this has to happen. Btw, did you go back and retreive your belonging, el teacher???

I am a regular at the GSM sauna... I was in the sauna when the fire broke out... by the time we realized there was a fire, there was no way down the stairs and out of the building.... believe me, there was only one way out- at the end of a staircase that NOBODY uses... thank god the fire man found us, and rescued us. (after being inside the smoky building with no lights for two hours!!!!) we were all taken to the roof of the adjacent building, where we either climbed down a ladder (as I did) and out the fire escape of the building, or we were taken by helicopter.

Honestly thought I was going to die. There are many staircases, and yes- it is quite hard to get around with thick smoke everywhere... it's quite humiliating to be in the streets of bangkok in a towel- especially if you're a foreigner!!!!

there was no fire on the 5+ floors- so all of the sauna was not burned- but lots of things were broken in the panic, etc- the building, however is in such bad shape- don't think they'll be able to use it again.

Wow, I am glad to know that you made it out alive. I am sorry to hear that! I am glad that you made it out! I always wonder about other gay venues as well; what if there is a fire and how am I going to grab my clothes and not humiliate myself! At the same time, in such a panic state, I think clothings are optional!

Guest ImLovingIt

El-teacher, Glad to hear that you've safely evacuated from the fire scene.

Its so alarming to hear that most of the gay locations are not fire safe. So, all brothers and sisters here will make no (or less) BKK trips?

PS: some of my Sisters have switched to exploring KL. Hmmmmmm

Guest ciidiichaser

Thanks for the info, err.... with jus a towel? in the dark did u not grab some dick instead? Oops ... sorry to be insensitive. Haha. Glad no one else got hurt.

Hope they get back in operation soon. My chubby friend needs to have his regular hangout for his fixes.

\\@\/@//

Guest el_teacher

well, if you had been in the situation you would not make any jokes. Not even one that you apologize for and still post anyway- especially in light of someone losing their life there, knowing that it could have easily been you. Even i thought before this event that it "always happens to someone else"- well, guess what???

Yes, the next day all of us were able to go in 2 by 2 with a fire man and retrieve our things from the lockers..

I hope they do not open again, frankly- or if they do the entire building must be brought up to fire codes. Otherwise, I won't be going. And I think my friends there feel the same. and one thing that the public should know... as we were all breathing in lethal levels of CO2- we desperately needed some water. Well, strangely enough, we went to the refrigerator to take a bottle of water (complimentary, of course, paid for with our lives-) and the REFRIGERATOR HAD BEEN CHAIN LOCKED!!!! Now, what kind of sad human being in that situation worries more about losing a few thousand baht on drinks when human lives are potentially at stake??? and in a fire, the staff had time to lock the doors with a chain??? strange.... we all had to drink aquarium water, just for relief.

Does anyone have any updated news on the cause of the fire, etc? i heard a rumor that they are investigating the owner of the sauna, as he had insured the sauna for around 200 Million baht.... i keep searching on the net, but I haven't seen anything else other than the initial reports...

if you know of anything, please post the link here...

thanks again for your kind words, and even the jokes... I know you mean well, but the trauma just hasn't worn off yet...

love to all of my gay brothers and sisters....

Guest el_teacher

and yes, you are correct... after getting rescued from a burning building after two hours, the last thing you care about is your clothes... I could have been stark naked and I wouldn't have cared- I was just glad to be out of that building and ALIVE!!!!! and also knowing there are about 150 more people running around in towels too makes it a little easier...

Infact, besides Babylon and Chakran, most of the saunas are situated in high rise buildings. Seldom we will remind ourselves to check for emergency exists once we got in, especially with many cute guys around. Places like Mania, Ferros etc are places with potential fire hazards too. Hmm...How about one seven and absolute, are the emergency exists easily accessible too ? :unsure:

el_teacher

If you click to the address below, you may find text from Thai newspaper.

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000008166

Btw, after you escaped from te roof top, clad in towels, how did you managed to get back to your hotel. Pease enlighten me. This has been one great fear in me. I have been a rgeular to GSM sauna, in fact in 2008, I visited that place four times. And always on the back of my mind, I was afraid of a fire breaking out.

Glad you made it. You will live to be over a hundred!

Guest el_teacher

well, after we escaped, the ambulance took me to the hospital, and they gave me some clothes... afterwards, I returned back to the scene of the fire and tried to help some of the others from the fire, but I think i just spent most of my time crying... what a shock-

there were many other people on the street who were really awesome trying to help everybody- giving us food, drinks, clothes, and even money, etc... and of course the insensitive gawkers taking pictures with their mobile phones!!! (one person's misfortune is their entertainment, I suppose)

i ran into some friends from the sauna ( i am a regular there, I have some close friends from there)... only one of us had keys to get into our homes, so all three of us ended up crashing at his house together. the next day, we were able to get back into the building and get our things... and of course, then I had all my belongings back so I could go home...

Thanks for your conclusive story. Am I correctthen to assume tha you are a Thai ?

I really to take my vacations in Bangkok. And of cause I will be making a trip there again this year. I always stay at the Asia Hotel because of the esay access to the skytrain. I also go to GG but alsways find it diddicult to get there. Perhaps we can meet up ?

Guest ciidiichaser
well, if you had been in the situation you would not make any jokes. Not even one that you apologize for and still post anyway- especially in light of someone losing their life there, knowing that it could have easily been you. Even i thought before this event that it "always happens to someone else"- well, guess what?? ............

......... love to all of my gay brothers and sisters....

Dear el_teacher - I am sorry I made the insensitive comment. It is to mask my shame and fear. As it was to hide my inner 'guilt'. On that fateful Sunday I had left GSM at 7pm. Returned to my room and later my roommate came back at about 11 pm and asked if I had been to GSM. Surprised at his tone I said yes and wanted to know why? and what? I thought he was joking when he mentioned about fire. I was THAT close to being there myself. Reading through your post, I can imagine being there myself. I am glad you braved the situation and here to tell us about it. We all need to know, choose and decide before going places for safety reason, but I doubt peoples' perceptions may change much. Which is the main reason I did not go out for New Years Eve.

Yes - love to all, and care in loving.

\\@\/@//

Guest ciidiichaser
Any good soul can guide me to GG? i lost my way there a few times after alighting from samsen station...thanks

It is not an easy place to find, especially for farang (foreigner). Here is an online map:

http://www.aboutg.net/ggclub/images/gallery/map.jpg

Please note that the Railway station on map is not directly opposite as seen, it is further to the left (like 50 m). The small triangle junction is a good indicator where there is the Railway Restaurant (think it may have changed its name, but something Railway related still) which is your best clue at the corner. Walk up the small lane (20m or so). GG is actually a bungalow with a carpark area, prob fits about 10 cars. Lookout for a small block of apartment painted deep yellow opposite, about 5 floors high. The painted GG logo on the gate pillar has faded, easy to miss.

Around the area, it is kinda quiet and low traffic. The kindergarten on map is deserted (huge n rundown).

Once u find it, you will feel silly wondering how you missed it first time around. And I am sure you will return. Clientele age range 40 to 50, large size. However, there are usually some 30 y.o. around, maybe a stocky muscular, hairy, some bellies, some bald, some cute, a handful of chasers to whet your appetite.

The place inside is not too clean, the toilets are inadequate. Broken pipes. Steam room is huge, but feels slimy in the corners. Despite that - I still go as the atmosphere is friendly. They play g-a-y-pxxn too, and chub pxxn if u are lucky (not chub , but a big size Japanese boy being 'tortured', saw it once only).

Errmm.... am I saying too much already?

\\@\/@//

hank you for the map. But my problemis getting to Samsen RailStation. Can you please tellme what is the nam of the underground train to get off in order to walk to Samsen Rail Station. Thanks.

Guest el_teacher

No offense taken, and I am glad that you were NOT there... i guess i'm still shaken up... (and maybe will be for a long time!!!) maybe that's why I was so grinchy.... hehehhehehehe

and no, I am not thai... but "guest" if you want to meet up, it would be my pleasure.... I am moving back west this year... so let me know....

hugs to all

Guest ciidiichaser
hank you for the map. But my problemis getting to Samsen RailStation. Can you please tellme what is the name of the underground train to get off in order to walk to Samsen Rail Station. Thanks.

Sorry for diversion of topic.

There is no underground / skytrain to Samsen. What I normally do is go to Victory Monument, exit station at the roundabout with left turn (9 o'clock). Take a mini bus (green color) #14. Say "Pai (go to) samsen, stop". It is just about turns right , then left and you are almost there. It is just about 3 km away. Stop at the Satsanguan W school , kindergrten (deserted) road and make your way with the railway line as guide. First right turn, you will see the Railway Restaurant, go straight for about 50 m.

My first few times , I took taxi , but most drivers do not know the area except for Samsen Railway Station. Try getting there it is worth it!

\\@\/@//

• 2 months later...

Full Article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090318/ap_on_...bama_gay_rights

Extract

The Obama administration will endorse a U.N. declaration calling for the worldwide decriminalization of homosexuality that then-President George W. Bush had refused to sign, The Associated Press has learned.

U.S. officials said Tuesday they had notified the declaration's French sponsors that the administration wants to be added as a supporter. The Bush administration was criticized in December when it was the only western government that refused to sign on.

When it was voted on in December, 66 of the U.N.'s 192 member countries signed the declaration — which backers called a historic step to push the General Assembly to deal more forthrightly with anti-gay discrimination.

But 70 U.N. members outlaw homosexuality — and in several, homosexual acts can be punished by execution. More than 50 nations, including members of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, opposed the declaration.

Some Islamic countries said at the time that protecting sexual orientation could lead to "the social normalization and possibly the legalization of deplorable acts" such as pedophilia and incest. The declaration was also opposed by the Vatican.

Is our gahmen part of the 66 or the 70 countries?

Sad to know that until now, there are bigots that thinks whatever we are doing is similiar to "deplorable acts such as pedophilia and incest. "

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Full Article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090318/ap_on_...bama_gay_rights

Extract

Is our gahmen part of the 66 or the 70 countries?

Sad to know that until now, there are bigots that thinks whatever we are doing is similiar to "deplorable acts such as pedophilia and incest. "

192 members

66 endorsed

70 outlaw it

50 opposed

balance - 6 (undecided and see-how-first)

The answer is one of the 6

Guest Dannybear

It seems strange that the laws we have about sex and gays is left over from British Colonial rule,

Rules that Britain itself has changed I wonder why we have not.

Isn't it obvious that the good-for-nothing people are afraid to rock the boat? When there are issues that may affect their votes, they hide behind something known as values. But, if there are issues that would earn $, they dump values into the garbage bin.

While the signing of the UN gay rights declaration is a symbolic move, i doubt if the effect would be far reaching. Well, at least it won't change the opinions of bigots here. That, i can almost guarantee.

• G_M changed the title to Foreign / Overseas LGBT News - Gay News Outside Singapore (Compiled)
  • fab changed the title to Tokyo just made history by being the largest city in Japan to recognise same-sex partnerships!
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.