Male HQ

Foreign / Overseas LGBT News - Gay News Outside Singapore (Compiled)

ruffx2sg

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Until right now, people are still thinking that the entire issues that the detractors of Joe Biden and/or Pete Buttigieg is all about individual human beings. 

I'm pointing at the moon and you're looking at my finger!

You are pointing at the moon.  OF COURSE!  We already knew that you are a lunatic!  :) 

Until now and forever, the issues in this forum are about individual human beings.

To find otherwise, you have to go to a forum that deals with geology, rock formation, analysis of minerals, etc.  

Guest toothless

Logical = Guest Guest

You have been repeating the same over and over at different threads. 

Repeating doesn't make it to truth.

Why are you so focussed about the US...

Where is the charity or foundation you set up to help poor Singaporeans.

Besides all your whining posts, crocodile tears and complaints we never saw any action from you. 

You seem a toothless tiger. Because there is no achievement by you!

28 minutes ago, Guest toothless said:

Logical = Guest Guest

Besides all your whining posts, crocodile tears and complaints we never saw any action from you. 

Instagram photo by Simple Reminders • May 9, 2016 at 2:14pm UTC |  Acceptance quotes, Loner quotes, Validation quotes

Guest Guest /= Logical
20 minutes ago, Guest toothless said:

Logical = Guest Guest

There seems to be lack of discussion on how compromised Joe Biden administration will be for US and the rest of the world. The obsession has always been about how bad Trump is, how bad his policies are etc. We are getting this so wrong. Trump has always put his citizens front and center of his policies and he has delivered. 

Guest Meanly Preacher
21 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I will take off several points from my compliment because I see that you don't do what you preach. All your latest posts here had nothing to do with Buttigieg, so they are in the wrong thread and ... why are you posting a bunch of material that can poison the atmosphere by revealing MORE misdeeds by the abominable white supremacists that reveal them as smart deceivers and exploiters of privileged opportunities?

You can't possibly be that stupid. I clearly posted those articles and videos in response to the troll post directly above mine. Didn't you write that you want us to fight the firehose of lies unleashed by the trolls? It is not my fault that the troll posted a bunch of lies about Biden in your precious Buttigieg thread. Do you want me to completey ignore the trolls and their lies about Biden when they are inappropriately posted in your precious Buttigieg thread? I was trying to help you by fighting against his lies as you advocated but you apparently do not appreciate the help. Okay. Fine. Deal with the troll factory's firehose of lies all by yourself.

17 minutes ago, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

You can't possibly be that stupid. I clearly posted those articles and videos in response to the troll post directly above mine. Didn't you write that you want us to fight the firehose of lies unleashed by the trolls? It is not my fault that the troll posted a bunch of lies about Biden in your precious Buttigieg thread. Do you want me to completey ignore the trolls and their lies about Biden when they are inappropriately posted in your precious Buttigieg thread? I was trying to help you by fighting against his lies as you advocated but you apparently do not appreciate the help. Okay. Fine. Deal with the troll factory's firehose of lies all by yourself.

No. You were obviously pro-Trump. Thank you very much for your support. 

3 hours ago, Guest Meanly Preacher said:

WOW!  You seem unable to take some criticism without falling completely apart.   All I did was to make you aware that you don't do what you preach.  And this unleashed such a crappy mud slide?  Who is so defensive here ??  :lol:

But hopefully your getting upset will discourage you from being the expert in thread arrangements and authority in what people should post and not post.

11 hours ago, Guest Guest /= Logical said:

There seems to be lack of discussion on how compromised Joe Biden administration will be for US and the rest of the world. The obsession has always been about how bad Trump is, how bad his policies are etc. We are getting this so wrong. Trump has always put his citizens front and center of his policies and he has delivered. 

Trump has always put HIMSELF front and center of his policies and he has delivered for himself.

And now that in three days he will be pushed out of the White House,  instead of a strong kick in the ass like he deserves, he wants "a military parade with a military band, and a red carpet, which will lead to the Air Force 1 plane to take to his Mar-A-Lago paradise.   Hopefully, some cool minds will prevail and instead of the parade and the jet he will get a taxi plus a one-way ticket to Florida, in economy. :) 

On 1/16/2021 at 3:15 PM, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

You just don't get it. After what happened in your country last week -- a deadly insurrection against your government incited by the so-called leader of that same government -- you and many other Americans still don't understand the radicalizing impact of right wing propaganda. By creating multiple threads related to the same topic, The US Election & Its Aftermath, you are giving multiple opportunities to right wing propagandists and malicious trolls to spread their poison on our Singaporean website. That is unacceptable.

I know the US is an important country, and it's good to be able to discuss the political situation there, but Blowing Winds does not need three different threads for that purpose. Look at how many times the right wing propagandists and malicious trolls have brought up the same poisonous arguments in all three threads. Each mention of those insipid ideas is another opportunity to radicalize innocent Singaporean minds and turn our fellow citizens into water carriers for Trumpist White Supremacy. We can't let that happen.

The fact that formerly reasonable posters have been brainwashed to hate a gay man like Pete Buttigieg simply because he is not a Republican is ridiculous. Ditto for their new dislike of a half-Indian woman such as Kamala Harris. They seriously don't realize that if they were Americans, Donald Trump and 90% of the Republican Party would deport them if possible, or otherwise kill them if they thought it was possible to get away with it. Yet they are on Blowing Wind spreading Trumpist poison and perpetuating his lies with glee.

Houston police officer Tham Dinh Pham, who is obviously Vietnamese-American, was somehow radicalized over the years, decided to travel to Washington to take part in the Trump coup attempt, and is now whining that he's losing his $90,000 per year job and begging the public to give his family privacy. Then there is "Stop The Steal" co-organizer Ali Alexander, an Indian-American who spoke at Trump's incitement rally, and is bragging about helping organize the insurrection with three Republican members of Congress.

Just as the minds of those two Americans of Asian descent were radicalized by right wing propaganda, so have the minds of several Singaporean posters on Blowing Wind, and your multiple threads mean this website contains three times as many opportunities for further radicalization, now only now, but for as long as this website exists and its contents are publicly searchable. That is dangerous and needs to be minimized, which is why I would like @Bern, @G_M, @HendryTan, etc. to merge these three threads.

Social media sites like Twitter finally shut down Trump because it became obvious that his ideas had inflamed the public and injected toxic lies into people's minds. They had to finally take responsibility -- even though it was too late -- and try to make amends for helping him perpetuate his poison. By leaving multiple threads on The US Election & Its Aftermath intact, Blowing Wind is also indirectly helping spread Trump's radicalizing lies, because the malicious trolls are repeating those falsehoods again and again and again.

Look at how many times you and Singalion and others have debunked the Dominion lies. Yet they keep ignoring your answers and simply repeating the same question again. The right wing propagandists and malicious trolls can't be reasoned with like normal people, because they aren't even reading your answers, as their only intent is to spread more toxic lies and inject them into the public record. The more threads there are on election related topics, the more opportunities they have to lie, so please stop indulging their mission.

I don't mean to imply that you want to do harm by posting so many threads. But it seems that you don't understand how the right wing propagandists and malicious trolls are using your multiple threads on The US Election & Its Aftermath to further their goal -- radicalizing Singaporean minds to the cause of carrying water for Trumpist White Supremacy and fomenting hatred towards the liberal and progressive half of the US population -- so I once again call upon our moderators to merge the threads and reduce their opportunities.

Understand the point where you are coming from.

However, I m against combining the threads.

Gays should be able to discuss on gay politicians even if there is a danger of trolls to post pure propaganda and untruths. Such different topics should be kept separate.

Like the other Internet media outlets it would be more a task of the Moderators to take action and reduce such interference into a discussion and simply delete such repetitive posts away. Moderators should at the same time clean the threads, like here everything what is not linked to the discussion of Buttigieg should be either moved to the proper thread or deleted away. Guess the Moderators just don't want to spend the time.

I m not against liberty of expression or freedom of expression but if arguments are repeated over and over with no link to previous posts, then I don't mind if such posts are deleted or any such Guest posts prevented from posting again.

On the other hand opposing views are welcome. I don't mind a good debate on a topic.

Unfortunately, I failed to see where two Guests (which appear to me being the same person) repeatedly post the same content again and again

(e.g. dementia, voting machines, rigged vote, water leak).

On the other hand Steve5380 could have started the thread at the Members' Forum. That eliminates a lot of trolling disruption to the discussions.

Other Members did that before on the US election thread but then someone started the same thread at the Main Forum.

Guest Blindbidensupporter
1 hour ago, Guest posts said:

Understand the point where you are coming from.

However, I m against combining the threads.

Gays should be able to discuss on gay politicians even if there is a danger of trolls to post pure propaganda and untruths. Such different topics should be kept separate.

Like the other Internet media outlets it would be more a task of the Moderators to take action and reduce such interference into a discussion and simply delete such repetitive posts away. Moderators should at the same time clean the threads, like here everything what is not linked to the discussion of Buttigieg should be either moved to the proper thread or deleted away. Guess the Moderators just don't want to spend the time.

I m not against liberty of expression or freedom of expression but if arguments are repeated over and over with no link to previous posts, then I don't mind if such posts are deleted or any such Guest posts prevented from posting again.

On the other hand opposing views are welcome. I don't mind a good debate on a topic.

Unfortunately, I failed to see where two Guests (which appear to me being the same person) repeatedly post the same content again and again

(e.g. dementia, voting machines, rigged vote, water leak).

On the other hand Steve5380 could have started the thread at the Members' Forum. That eliminates a lot of trolling disruption to the discussions.

Other Members did that before on the US election thread but then someone started the same thread at the Main Forum.

Yes, I do agree we should reduce the number of individual threads on US politics. It seems like even members here are repeating the variants of the same stuff to smear Trump and do not allow engage in objective and meaningful discussion of how a Biden administration can be a million times worse than Trump and Obama combined. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Blindbidensupporter said:

Yes, I do agree we should reduce the number of individual threads on US politics. It seems like even members here are repeating the variants of the same stuff to smear Trump and do not allow engage in objective and meaningful discussion of how a Biden administration can be a million times worse than Trump and Obama combined. 

Well played.... :clap::clap::clap::clap: 

Well Played Sir GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 1/17/2021 at 2:54 AM, Guest HunterbidenConfession said:

(From an actual report prepared by U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and U.S. Senate Committee on Finance Majority Staff Report. Full report below in link belowhttps://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC_Finance_Report_FINAL.pdf

Don't get fooled.

The report has not been issued or confirmed by the US Senate.

It is a report from the majority representatives of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security, which are the Republican majority members of this committee.

The report is not supported by any Democratic member of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and has not been issued by the US Senate as a whole.

The report has not been approved by the Senate or discussed in the Senate plenum.

Therefore it is just a partisan Republican report and nothing else.

The Chairman  Ron Johnson is a Republican and has been using this position to issue various one sided reports.

In any other country, parliamentary committees would do the prosecutors do an investigation first and not come already with a judgement prior to the prosecutor's investigation being finalised.

Guest Guest Guest's clone
35 minutes ago, Guest Blindbidensupporter said:

19 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Well played.... :clap::clap::clap::clap: 

Wow ! The clone Fan Bing Bing 犯賤冰冰 is back to the scene!

As usual must always support his own earlier posts.....

The US president may change soon, but at BW seems nothing changes for the better...

Guest Hunterbidenconfession
41 minutes ago, singalion said:

Don't get fooled.

The report has not been issued or confirmed by the US Senate.

It is a report from the majority representatives of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security, which are the Republican majority members of this committee.

The report is not supported by any Democratic member of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and has not been issued by the US Senate as a whole.

The report has not been approved by the Senate or discussed in the Senate plenum.

Therefore it is just a partisan Republican report and nothing else.

The Chairman  Ron Johnson is a Republican and has been using this position to issue various one sided reports.

In any other country, parliamentary committees would do the prosecutors do an investigation first and not come already with a judgement prior to the prosecutor's investigation being finalised.

Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impact on U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns
U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
U.S. Senate Committee on Finance Majority Staff Report

The above is the title of the report and it states it is from US Senate Committees. This is direct from US government and not from some postings on social media or AP or CNN or MSNBC etc.

If you say we should not be fooled by articles from AP, CNN or Bloomberg, I can understand as they are highly susceptible to lie to people to achieve an agenda. 

But this report came directly from US government! 

Assuming you are right, would Democrats approve the report since it is damning to one of their own Biden? Why should we believe that the Democrats are truthful, non-partisan and acting in good faith if they were to reject the report? 

This is a lie!

The report is solely written by the Chairman of the Committee of Homeland Security of the US Senate and nobody other and this Chairman's report is based on the Press release of Grassley from the US Senate Committee of Finance.

It are two partisan Republican US Senate committee Chairman reports and nothing else.

This report has never been endorsed, confirmed, approved, ratified or anything by the US Senate. This Ron Johnson is just using his chair as Committee Chairman to release the report and make it look official.

There is no report from the US Government. You confuse a letter from a US Senate Finance Committee to the Government as a Government Report.

Learn to read first. ok.

It says at the report (first point on top): 

The Chairmen’s investigation into potential conflicts of interest began in August 2019,
with Chairman Grassley’s letter to the Department of Treasury regarding potential conflicts of
interest with respect to Obama administration policy relating to the Henniges transaction. 1

footnote 1 says:

1 Press Release, Chairman Charles Grassley, S. Comm. on Fin., Grassley Raises Concerns Over Obama Admin Approval of U.S. Tech Company Joint Sale to Chinese Government and Investment Firm Linked to Biden, Kerry Families (Aug. 15, 2019),
https://www.finance.senate.gov/chairmans-news/grassley-raises-concerns-over-obama-admin-approval-of-us-tech-company-joint-sale-to-chinese-government-and-investment-firm-linked-to-biden-kerry-families.

The whole thing is your usual misleading propaganda.

You have been caught again!

Is Charles Grassley, Chairman of Committee of Homeland Security of US Senate not an official from US government? 

Is he not more trustworthy than media such as AP, CNN, Bloomberg, Forbes who spill lies about the Trump administration. Charles Grassley is nominated and elected by people whereas the media are not. 

So his damning report about Biden is nothing but all the articles pandered by

So his damning report, a report by an elected US official about Biden is nothing but all the articles pandered by the media on lying endlessly about Trump are somehow reliable and non-partisan?

Guest know nothing

check yourself.

And advised to check before you post.

Otherwise just smear campaign...

Since when are Senators goverment officials.

Damn, you really know nothing...

5 hours ago, Guest Hunterbidenconfession said:

So his damning report, a report by an elected US official about Biden is nothing but all the articles pandered by the media on lying endlessly about Trump are somehow reliable and non-partisan?

Any report by an elected republican US official is nothing but lies and deceptions.  This has been proven in a double blind study that detected how blind the trump supporters are to the truth. 

The REAL TRUTH  are all the reports identifying Trump as a liar, a deceiver, a miserable scumbag, a low-life, a slave of Satan who came from the deepest of hell, an evil spirit identified by all the religions of humanity,  a poor abominable slave of his malevolent and infantile feelings.   And this is just the beginning of a long list  :) 

In contrast is Pete Buttigieg,  the first openly Gay cabinet member of the United States,  a model of decency, intelligence, smartness.  One day he will personify the reverse of Trump,  who is the worst US president ever,  and become the best president ever.   Gay is Good  :thumb:

Edited by Steve5380

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Any report by an elected republican US official is nothing but lies and deceptions.  This has been proven in a double blind study that detected how blind the trump supporters are to the truth. 

The REAL TRUTH  are all the reports identifying Trump as a liar, a deceiver, a miserable scumbag, a low-life, a slave of Satan who came from the deepest of hell, an evil spirit identified by all the religions of humanity,  a poor abominable slave of his malevolent and infantile feelings.   And this is just the beginning of a long list  :) 

In contrast is Pete Buttigieg,  the first openly Gay cabinet member of the United States,  a model of decency, intelligence, smartness.  One day he will personify the reverse of Trump,  who is the worst US president ever,  and become the best president ever.   Gay is Good  :thumb:

And this statement "Any report by an elected republican US official is nothing but lies and deceptions" ......

...came just before this statement "This has been proven in a double blind study that detected how blind the trump supporters are to the truth".

And then to add on to the drama, he started preaching on "The "REAL TRUTH " .  Enough said. Hahahahaha ... 

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

And this statement "Any report by an elected republican US official is nothing but lies and deceptions" ......

...came just before this statement "This has been proven in a double blind study that detected how blind the trump supporters are to the truth".

And then to add on to the drama, he started preaching on "The "REAL TRUTH " .  Enough said. Hahahahaha ... 

Yes,  why not describe reality with some happiness?  We should smile at the truth and laugh off the false and deceptive.  :) 

This is different from those who laugh off the truth and embrace with gusto the false and try to make falsity their reality. Sounds familiar?  :lol:  

2 hours ago, Guest Derelict said:

You pick the best candidate for the job. Not hire someone because of sexual orientation.

You rejoice when the one candidate picked because he is the best for the job,  is a fellow GAY full of positive attributes.

Guest Knows nothing too
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

In his version of the world; 

1. Elected Republicans are only capable of lies and deceptions 

2. Non-elected media like CNN, AP, Bloomberg, MSNBC are not capable of telling lies 

3. Democrats are only capable of telling the truth

4. Trump supporters are blind to the truth 

5. Biden won 80+million votes

6. It is super encouraging to give legal status to 11million illegal immigrants when there are still massive unemployment in US. 

If he said so, then so be it. 

You rejoice when the one candidate picked because he is the best for the job,  is a fellow GAY full of positive attributes.

America is really doomed when the person described as "best for the job" now, was described as "inexperienced" by the President-elect himself when both were Presidential candidates. 

9 minutes ago, Guest Knows nothing too said:

6. It is super encouraging to give legal status to 11million illegal immigrants when there are still massive unemployment in US. 

If he said so, then so be it. 

These 11 million illegal immigrants ARE LIVING IN THE US ALREADY.  And they work, since they don't want to die of hunger.   By making them legal, they can continue doing their work but not for some misery payment,  and they will have to pay taxes on their income.  A win-win situation  :)

Yes, I say so, so it is!

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

America is really doomed when the person described as "best for the job" now, was described as "inexperienced" by the President-elect himself when both were Presidential candidates. 

That was over a year ago.  Buttigieg is so smart that he can gain experience in anything in a couple of months :thumb:

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

That was over a year ago.  Buttigieg is so smart that he can gain experience in anything in a couple of months :thumb:

i happened to see an interview he was in, way before he was a cabinet member. It was 2016/2017, he was probably still mayor?

And i was impressed by his insight, candour and also how he positioned himself even back then very openly as gay.

coming from republican Indiana, being a democrat, who happens to be gay, he had a lot against him, but he has humility and honesty.

i like him!

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Knows nothing too
4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

These 11 million illegal immigrants ARE LIVING IN THE US ALREADY.  And they work, since they don't want to die of hunger.   By making them legal, they can continue doing their work but not for some misery payment,  and they will have to pay taxes on their income.  A win-win situation  :)

Yes, I say so, so it is!

Are all 11million illegal immigrants working? Are all 11million of them not felons? Will they put pressure on competition for jobs with Americans and those who are legal immigrants? 

Guest Derelict
7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Sure agree on the rejoicing part. But don't overdo it. 

Too much emphasis on gender, color, sexual orientation. Like First gay Bishop, first woman president, BLACK music. You don't get people going - the FIRST 100% heterosexual MALE whatever. 

It does give the impression that these people are working for ceratin intetest groups, even though it may not be the case. 

I'd rather the person's  ability speak for them.   Don't let these 'labels' overshadow their abilities.

6 hours ago, Guest Knows nothing too said:

Are all 11million illegal immigrants working? Are all 11million of them not felons? Will they put pressure on competition for jobs with Americans and those who are legal immigrants? 

Are the 11 million of them not felons?   Are you a believer and follower of this malevolent individual who stated that Mexicans are mostly criminals, with some decent ones among them?

The Latino immigrants and refugees are not felons, not criminals.  They are good natured, hard working, mostly Catholic believers and family oriented.

The felons, criminals,  are the White Supremacists, KKK's, Neo-Nazis, QAnon terrorists,  all these pro-Trump individuals who assaulted the Capitol the other days.

If the Biden administration follows through with its plans to work on the infrastructure and repatriate industries lost to China,  there will be plenty of jobs in America.

5 hours ago, Guest Derelict said:

Sure agree on the rejoicing part. But don't overdo it. 

Too much emphasis on gender, color, sexual orientation. Like First gay Bishop, first woman president, BLACK music. You don't get people going - the FIRST 100% heterosexual MALE whatever. 

It does give the impression that these people are working for ceratin intetest groups, even though it may not be the case. 

I'd rather the person's  ability speak for them.   Don't let these 'labels' overshadow their abilities.

The 'labels' you refer to are COUNTER-LABELS.  

"Gay",  "LGBTQ"  are labels, very often used in demeaning ways.

By calling strong attention to the bearers of demeaning labels who are outstanding individuals,  we neutralize the evil of the demeaning labels.

Guest Knows nothing too
9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Are the 11 million of them not felons?   Are you a believer and follower of this malevolent individual who stated that Mexicans are mostly criminals, with some decent ones among them?

The Latino immigrants and refugees are not felons, not criminals.  They are good natured, hard working, mostly Catholic believers and family oriented.

The felons, criminals,  are the White Supremacists, KKK's, Neo-Nazis, QAnon terrorists,  all these pro-Trump individuals who assaulted the Capitol the other days.

If the Biden administration follows through with its plans to work on the infrastructure and repatriate industries lost to China,  there will be plenty of jobs in America.

11 million is massive. As US like most countries are still feeling the impact of COVID-19 in their economies, it is foolish to legalise so many illegal immigrants into the country, further intensifying the competition for jobs and jeopardising social security.

We are not talking about pro-Trump or pro-Biden people. These affiliations can change easily. Felons hiding among the 11 million will exploit such reckless policy by Joe Biden to expand their crime enterprises in US. Don’t always link everything bad back to Trump. Media and Politicians have ulterior motive and they will use Trump as the distraction to achieve their motive. 

That said, perhaps the new administration can start off with legalising about 15 out of the 11 million illegal immigrants first and increase by 15 more every 2-3months. 

2 hours ago, Guest Knows nothing too said:

11 million is massive. As US like most countries are still feeling the impact of COVID-19 in their economies, it is foolish to legalise so many illegal immigrants into the country, further intensifying the competition for jobs and jeopardising social security.

That said, perhaps the new administration can start off with legalising about 15 out of the 11 million illegal immigrants first and increase by 15 more every 2-3months. 

With your post, the last thing you care about is "jeopardizing social security" in the US. 

It should start off giving you 15 lashes with the cane first, and increase 15 more every 2-3months, out of the 11 million you deserve for your malevolence.

ANOTHER FIRST

Biden Picks Rachel Levine As Assistant Health Secretary In Historic LGBTQ Moment

Levine is poised to become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

Guest Knows nothing too
On 1/20/2021 at 10:58 AM, Steve5380 said:

ANOTHER FIRST

Biden Picks Rachel Levine As Assistant Health Secretary In Historic LGBTQ Moment

Levine is poised to become the first openly transgender federal official to be confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

Ok. Let’s all pop champagne. Make sure the person performs. 

https://www.conservativejournalreview.com/is-pete-buttigieg-responsible-for-death-of-11-year-old-south-bend-child/

Is Pete Buttigieg Responsible for Death of 11-year-old South Bend Child?

This week, it was announced that Pete Buttigieg, the former mayor of the city of South Bend, Indiana, was going to be appointed as Biden’s Secretary of Transportation.

This generated significant concern by conservatives, who questioned Buttigieg’s resume on this front, as it is virtually non-existent.

Well, I found a report from 2017 that will cause even more concern.

Pete’s Fault?

The city of South Bend has a population hovering around 100,000 people and less than 50 buses that run through the city on a daily basis.

Other than Pete Buttigieg’s “love” for the transportation industry and his ability to somehow interject race into transportation, his mayoral experience is about the only thing we can find on his resume. It is his experience running South Bend that we would obviously like to focus on, with one example we believe to the most relevant to this appointment.

A decision was made to put a bag over traffic lights rather than activate them due to a consultant’s traffic study that said the intersection did not warrant such measures. (This was part of a program that Buttigieg initiated that was called “Smart Streets.”)

Tristian Moore’s parents would probably disagree with that because their 11-year-old boy was struck and killed in that intersection after school.

At the time, Buttigieg put the onus on the children rather than the lack of traffic control measures being put in place.

Buttigieg stated, “We simply don’t know whether it would have made any difference yesterday morning as two children darted across the street, at an angle, and one of them, outside the crosswalk, was struck and killed.”

This was, by the way, an intersection that was a significant cause for concern for residents in the area who all but begged for traffic control in that intersection.

Keep in mind, this is much the same approach that Buttigieg took when a police officer shot and killed a minority while Petey was out on the campaign trail and neglecting his city.

Ladies and gentlemen, your Secretary of Transportation… Pete Buttigieg.

You can read the full report on Moore’s death and Buttigieg’s decision in the South Bend Tribune.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

2 hours ago, upshot said:

https://www.conservativejournalreview.com/is-pete-buttigieg-responsible-for-death-of-11-year-old-south-bend-child/

Is Pete Buttigieg Responsible for Death of 11-year-old South Bend Child?

It is somewhat troubling that @upshot questions the appointment of Buttigieg because a child died in a traffic accident during his term as Mayor,  while @upshotsupported Donald Trump all along , a president whose lies and deceptions and inaction lead to the death of tens of thousands of Americans from Covid-19, and whose "zero tolerance" lead to the forced separation of thousands of children from their parents at the southern border, nearly a thousand of whom may never be reunited back with their parents because his cronies forgot to keep track of them.  And not to talk about the forced deportation of illegals, many who had establish family ties in America, an action that lead many to suicide!

But let's not raise culpabilities.  The ideology of @upshot may be simply a natural consequence of insidious BRAIN WASHING, a hazard that can affect many who don't protect themselves with healthy doses of skepticism and rationale. 

LEAKED AUDIO Reveals Homophobic Campaign Against Alex Morse Continues
https://youtu.be/0q3oFU8lbbM

Democratic Party Reportedly Lied About Involvement in Alex Morse Homophobic Smear Campaign (Back story summary)
https://www.them.us/story/democratic-party-lied-about-involvement-alex-morse-homophobic-smear-campaign

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• G_M unlocked this topic

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN, HAPPENED :thumb:

Pete Buttigieg makes history as 1st openly gay Cabinet member confirmed today by Senate

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pete-buttigieg-makes-history-1st-openly-gay-cabinet/story?id=75633503&cid=clicksource_4380645_10_film_strip_icymi_hed

Guest blown up

Regarding the post: Democratic Party Reportedly Lied About Involvement in Alex Morse Homophobic Smear Campaign

This is nothing uncommon and such bad smear campaigns are surely also seen in the Republican Party.

How often were candidates accused of extra matrimonial affairs within their own party by competitors?

These accusations on moral grounds have been used for long to get rid of political competitors, even in the same party.

We should not blow up all these things.

I m not sure if even the use of the word "homophobic" is appropriate in the context.

The fake complaint letter was talking about misconduct and sexual advances.

We should refrain from using words as "homophobic" if it doesn't fit to the situation.

As usual The Hill blew this up to run a report adding smear on the Democratic Party. It is too obvious.

Maybe The Hill should report and focus on the gay haters and homophobic within the Republican Party?

Further, gays have been fighting for decades for being treated equal to straight people.

Don't cry foul now, if others use the same tactics against gay that they have used against straight people.

Surely, this episode doesn't shine a good light on the Democratic Party, however, I don't think the members of the Republican party stand out as a shining good example. Probably we can dig much more from the Republican Party.

Let's be fair, probably even in the Democratic party there are homophobic or anti gay people and even office holders.

But I feel the amount of anti gay people and anti gay action in and from the Republican Party is much bigger.

If we don't acknowledge this, then we are just plain unrealistic.

Guest blown up

before people take wrong conclusions here:

Surely, I do not condone the behaviour of this Gus Bickford in manufacturing this smear campaign.

He should be expelled from the Democratic Party or resign.

15 minutes ago, Guest blown up said:

before people take wrong conclusions here:

Surely, I do not condone the behaviour of this Gus Bickford in manufacturing this smear campaign.

He should be expelled from the Democratic Party or resign.

Democrats don't put up with homophobia like the republicans do,  who seem to celebrate homophobia.  

But regardless of democrats or republicans,  it is so convenient and cheap to attack someone who is gay.  But here is so amazing the shield Buttigieg has raised to protect himself:  he is OUT,  and even super-out,  eager to mention his HUSBAND as much as he can,  like he did in the process of being confirmed by the Senate.  No politician will dare to call him "faggot" because this has become politically super-incorrect.

Now that Pete Buttigieg is the Secretary of Transportation,  he is aiming high!

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/watch/pete-buttigieg-i-want-the-united-states-to-be-leading-the-world-in-high-speed-rail-100555333554

High speed rail in America!  This seems ideal for the North-east part of the country,  with the South like Texas being too sparsely populated to justify the investment.  Also, high speed rail could make the white supremacist terrorists salivate with opportunities for sabotage.   Maybe Buttigieg would buy into Elon Musk's plans to build underground tunnels to allow for high speed transportation in highly populated areas?

On 2/6/2021 at 11:48 PM, Steve5380 said:

Now that Pete Buttigieg is the Secretary of Transportation,  he is aiming high!

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/watch/pete-buttigieg-i-want-the-united-states-to-be-leading-the-world-in-high-speed-rail-100555333554

High speed rail in America!  This seems ideal for the North-east part of the country,  with the South like Texas being too sparsely populated to justify the investment.  Also, high speed rail could make the white supremacist terrorists salivate with opportunities for sabotage.   Maybe Buttigieg would buy into Elon Musk's plans to build underground tunnels to allow for high speed transportation in highly populated areas?

People like you thinks that money grows on trees. Whatever glorious projects that the Americans do now, will be paid by by the Americans one way or another. Do you really think America has infinite reserves to support all the Covid-19 relief plans and high speed rail projects? Wait till the tax hikes comes in; Wait till the funding for other essentials services such as medical and education gets reduced. Let's see if you will still be applauding the gay Secretary and the senile President then. 

The bill comes due, always.  

1 hour ago, Guest Guests said:

People like you thinks that money grows on trees. Whatever glorious projects that the Americans do now, will be paid by by the Americans one way or another. Do you really think America has infinite reserves to support all the Covid-19 relief plans and high speed rail projects? Wait till the tax hikes comes in; Wait till the funding for other essentials services such as medical and education gets reduced. Let's see if you will still be applauding the gay Secretary and the senile President then. 

The bill comes due, always.  

You have no idea of what I think,  except of what I write about my thinking.  And I never said that I think money grows on trees.  

Biden's Covid-19 relief bill, which is ready to pass,  is a true necessity.  It is not money given away, like a foreign aid, but it is money reinvested in the American economy.  The millions who will receive the money will spend it, and it will also help individuals and businesses that are not receiving it directly.

Buttigieg's rail projects will also give returns for the money spent.  The federal network or highways constructed during the administration of Eisenhower was also a huge spending, yet it did not bankrupt the nation but helped its prosperity.

Biden's Covid-19 relief bill, which is ready to pass,  is a true necessity.  It is not money given away, like a foreign aid, but it is money reinvested in the American economy.  The millions who will receive the money will spend it, and it will also help individuals and businesses that are not receiving it directly.

You mean money given away as foreign aid like this, all $4 billion of it?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-immigration/biden-immigration-plan-includes-more-foreign-aid-no-border-wall-idUSKBN1YF26J?il=0

• fab changed the title to Tokyo just made history by being the largest city in Japan to recognise same-sex partnerships!
  • G_M changed the title to Foreign / Overseas LGBT News - Gay News Outside Singapore (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.