Male HQ

Looking For Room To Rent (Compiled)

I'm looking for a room only for 1 week from 5 feb - 12 feb 2017. Location preferably along the yellow line or purple line towards the east side (serangoon is perfect location). Budget less than 40sgd per night  I think it's quite hard to find but maybe there's someone who knows. Thank you :)

Guest Rydz Wan

Room(s) available for rental at Bukit Batok West. 10min walk to MRT. Nearby amenities. Owner is me, staying alone & no other family members.

Common room 1:

Fit for single person. Immediate move in. 

Common room 2:

Much more spacious. Fit for single or sharing. Only available after 19th Feb.

Rental rates varies between both room and are negotiable. Pm to discuss further.

Ps: Sorry, both rooms are non A/C. ....will add some photos later.

Hi, I'm looking for a small room / share room with a budget of $500 per month, inclusive of wifi and pub starting on 1 April. The room should ideally be air conditioned, clean and walking distance to nearby amenities and AF. Cooking (no deep fried) should be allowed as well. For more details about me can pm me. Thanks!

On 1/12/2017 at 8:58 PM, jolima said:

(NEW PRICE!!!)

The Nautical @ Sembawang

Super single bedframe
be the first to use the room!
common toilet for own use
free gym / pool access
light cooking OK
rental 650 per month
1/3 of utility to be paid, 2/3 borne by landlord who don't live there often
1 year lease
free shuttle bus to Sembawang MRT

SMS 8608 6398 for viewing!

2015-12-13_21.48.18.jpg

IMG-20151206-WA0007.jpg

BUMP!

Edited by jolima

Hi all.... I'm looking for a room to rent. I don't mind if it's a very small room, or shared with 1 person. Aircon and utilities incl. My budget is $500/month, and I need something urgently near Paya Lebar/Geylang (that's where I work). Need to move out of here by end of the month. Kinda desperate now... :(

I need an update of the RENT (room) market..

Is $500 the current going rate for a room with air-conditioning and utilities included?  

I was actually thinking of "pushing" my spare room but after seeing these requests, I am withdrawing it as the rate (at least for me) for a standard room in a HDB flat is way too low to offset the inconvenience incurred.  I would rather leave it vacant and unoccupied than to allow a complete stranger in the flat for a token fee.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/renting-out-a-flat-room/renting-out-your-flat/subletting-regulations

8 minutes ago, abang said:

Is $500 the current going rate for a room with air-conditioning and utilities included?  

I was actually thinking of "pushing" my spare room but after seeing these requests, I am withdrawing it as the rate (at least for me) for a standard room in a HDB flat is way too low to offset the inconvenience incurred.  I would rather leave it vacant and unoccupied than to allow a complete stranger in the flat for a token fee.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/renting-out-a-flat-room/renting-out-your-flat/subletting-regulations

You can get $500 very small condo rooms (private) that incl utilities and A/C. The rate is dependent on the current market value (still low at the moment), not one's personal valuation of his property based on his/her financial status.

Really air-conditioned room in condo going at SGD500?

That must be really desperate of the owner to scoop so low for a room..

OR

Is it room sharing at SGD 500 per person and the tenants are packed together within the room?

Can any REAL real estate agent throw in some light and not some-to-be tenants, please?

1 hour ago, M_G said:

You can get $500 very small condo rooms (private) that incl utilities and A/C. The rate is dependent on the current market value (still low at the moment), not one's personal valuation of his property based on his/her financial status.

10 minutes ago, abang said:

Really air-conditioned room in condo going at SGD500?

That must be really desperate of the owner to scoop so low for a room..

OR

Is it room sharing at SGD 500 per person and the tenants are packed together within the room?

Can any REAL real estate agent throw in some light and not some-to-be tenants, please?

Hey! I'm a licensed property salesperson with MANY data who spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on every year. Is it that low? No. Condo Utility rooms - illegally rented out easily cost between S$300-S$400. Those rooms are tiny, typically at the back of the kitchen typically and definitely do not have AC. Most owners use it as a maid's sleeping area.

HDB rooms really depend on the area - convenience as well as how equipped the property is. Common rooms with A/C typically cost between S$600-S$800 (usually on the lower side), depending if it's no cooking, light cooking or heavy cooking. Naturally, you should also have a washing machine and wifi. Wifi is extremely important - it makes or break the case. For room share, we typically look at S$200-S$300 per pax depending on the room size, conditions and number of people in the room.

For owners who want a proper tenant, usually we look for a single person or a couple (Pays slightly more - utilities and toilet hogging) for the room. For owners who want to get back their money ASAP, we rent out as room share (3-4 tenants per room) up to a maximum of 7 for 3 room HDB and 9 for 4 or 5 room HDB (legal max capacity - including owners).

Those who are looking to rent, buy or sell, please don't hesitate to contact me :D I will fight for your rights especially in the T&Cs of the agreements. 

Right... So the morality of this topic is based on a overly expectant landlord and a property agent who makes more money from jacking up rental fees? Am I the only rational person in this topic, or is anyone else screaming their lungs out? Both the landlord and agent tend to benefit from this scenario, so OF COURSE you would agree with each other.

As for legislature, I'm NOT REFERRING TO MAID'S ROOMS. Instead, I'm referring to small rooms, like study rooms etc. In some cases double the size of a Maid's Room, and they often have A/C (portable/widow units). Even if it were a Maid's Room, there's NO law against renting it out. I'd suggest that ZEROSUM do check our AGC's website http://statutes.agc.gov.sg for legislative reference. Yes, I work in the legal sector.

Utterly offended, and I feel so cheated by the previous comments. All of which were selfish and illegal to say the least. Even more offended that BW doesn't step in to protect the interests of its users. These people posts unwarranted, unjust claims, and BW doesn't step in? I accidentally posted something twice, and I got a effing warning for that? WTF BW?!

1 hour ago, M_G said:

Right... So the morality of this topic is based on a overly expectant landlord and a property agent who makes more money from jacking up rental fees? Am I the only rational person in this topic, or is anyone else screaming their lungs out? Both the landlord and agent tend to benefit from this scenario, so OF COURSE you would agree with each other.

As for legislature, I'm NOT REFERRING TO MAID'S ROOMS. Instead, I'm referring to small rooms, like study rooms etc. In some cases double the size of a Maid's Room, and they often have A/C (portable/widow units). Even if it were a Maid's Room, there's NO law against renting it out. I'd suggest that ZEROSUM do check our AGC's website http://statutes.agc.gov.sg for legislative reference. Yes, I work in the legal sector.

Utterly offended, and I feel so cheated by the previous comments. All of which were selfish and illegal to say the least. Even more offended that BW doesn't step in to protect the interests of its users. These people posts unwarranted, unjust claims, and BW doesn't step in? I accidentally posted something twice, and I got a effing warning for that? WTF BW?!

"a property agent who makes more money from jacking up rental fees" This statement is very unfair to me since it makes it seem as if I'm reporting estimates that are grossly overestimated to the benefits of landlords. It also calls into question my integrity and professionalism in this sector. I would urge you to retract it unless you have data to show that my estimates are grossly wrong for the current market situation or misleading.

A licensed agent's interests lie in the interests of his client, that said it can be the landlord or the tenant. I act for whoever who engages me, subject to a code of conduct and ethics. That includes being honest and not providing false figures to others even it would be to my client's benefit.

HDB's Rental Guidelines state that owners can sublet the bedrooms ORIGINALLY built by HDB subject to a set of terms and conditions. Owners are not allowed to partition the rooms or other living spaces for subletting. This meant that any other rooms not labelled as such were not meant for subletting for residential usage - this includes the utility room or study rooms built later on under the upgrading programs.

URA's Rental Guidelines state that owners can sublet residential properties or the rooms BUT each occupant should have at least 10sqm of space with the maximum number of occupants set at 8 - regardless the size of the property. Utility rooms are tiny usually about 3-8sqm only.

4 hours ago, M_G said:

Hi all.... I'm looking for a room to rent. I don't mind if it's a very small room, or shared with 1 person. Aircon and utilities incl. My budget is $500/month, and I need something urgently near Paya Lebar/Geylang (that's where I work). Need to move out of here by end of the month. Kinda desperate now... :(

Last but not least, IF THE MARKET RATE FOR A CONDO ROOM WITH A/C is at S$500 (as you said), would you really be desperately looking for a S$500 ROOM (quoting you - don't mind if it's a very small room, or shared with 1 person.). You should have plenty of HDB rooms way below your S$500 budget as well as good number of condo rooms at around S$500 FOR CHERRY PICKING. You have more than 21 days to the end of the month. If you are able to pay market rate you have more than sufficient time, you wouldn't be desperate but taking your own sweet time to view multiple properties in the area before deciding.

2 hours ago, Zerosum said:

"a property agent who makes more money from jacking up rental fees" This statement is very unfair to me since it makes it seem as if I'm reporting estimates that are grossly overestimated to the benefits of landlords. It also calls into question my integrity and professionalism in this sector. I would urge you to retract it unless you have data to show that my estimates are grossly wrong for the current market situation or misleading.

A licensed agent's interests lie in the interests of his client, that said it can be the landlord or the tenant. I act for whoever who engages me, subject to a code of conduct and ethics. That includes being honest and not providing false figures to others even it would be to my client's benefit.

HDB's Rental Guidelines state that owners can sublet the bedrooms ORIGINALLY built by HDB subject to a set of terms and conditions. Owners are not allowed to partition the rooms or other living spaces for subletting. This meant that any other rooms not labelled as such were not meant for subletting for residential usage - this includes the utility room or study rooms built later on under the upgrading programs.

URA's Rental Guidelines state that owners can sublet residential properties or the rooms BUT each occupant should have at least 10sqm of space with the maximum number of occupants set at 8 - regardless the size of the property. Utility rooms are tiny usually about 3-8sqm only.

Last but not least, IF THE MARKET RATE FOR A CONDO ROOM WITH A/C is at S$500 (as you said), would you really be desperately looking for a S$500 ROOM (quoting you - don't mind if it's a very small room, or shared with 1 person.). You should have plenty of HDB rooms way below your S$500 budget as well as good number of condo rooms at around S$500 FOR CHERRY PICKING. You have more than 21 days to the end of the month. If you are able to pay market rate you have more than sufficient time, you wouldn't be desperate but taking your own sweet time to view multiple properties in the area before deciding.

You failed to address all of my concerns, including that of legislation. So tell me, if you're not doing this (working as an agent) for money, what are you doing this for? Charity? The higher the rent, the higher your commission. That's an incentive - might wanna Google that terminology. As for the part where I'm "desperately" looking for a room, those are your words. Not mine. I'm urgently looking for one IN GEYLANG, near my workplace. Anyone can validate my claims by looking at the multitude of listings at the market price that I claim them to be. Also the current unit I'm in, where I'm paying $500/month (condo with AC) is too far from my workplace (Pandan Gardens). So, what the gibberish are you talking about man? :P

Curious, mind sharing the legislative references to your claims? By the way, NO maid rooms in HDBs. So, use a proper reference alright buddy? The "confuse and convince" tactics don't seem to work very well on me. ;)

Your last paragraph confuses me. You first seemed against my notion, then immediately played a different tune and validated my claims with factual information even. Contradicting to say the least. Again, not desperate, just urgently looking for a place around my office. Else, I can choose the ones I've already viewed in *** and ******** - all 4 of which are SMALL CONDO COMMON ROOMS with AC. I'm not gonna give you the links to the profile, cos I'd rather have them to myself. Don't wanna lose them to other seeking tenants - every man for himself really.

Anyway, stop wasting my time and please go cheat other people. F**king salespersons... I just can't stand the depths they'd lower themselves to, just for mere commissions. Psst... --__--

One last thing... It must really suck that the market is such where you'd earn much less than before, and you prolly have to work harder for your dues. But isn't that the case for any industry? So, why would agents cheat paying tenants, just to mark up for landlords so they can earn more? Playing with the market/system is fine, but at the expense of paying tenants? If that's not cruel and heartless, I don't know what is.

Edited by M_G

Your views are obviously biased and show such bitterness. There have been utility rooms built for 3room flats in Bedok and Ang Mo Kio for example. Yes, you said urgently but you ended off with "Kinda desperate now".  If you had noticed, I have mentioned right from the start that the illegally rented out rooms are usually utility rooms.

As to finding condo rooms with a budget of S$500, I didn't say it is impossible. It just isn't the market rate. No, you don't have to give me the links. Anyway can simply go propertyguru or whatever other sites and hundreds of such listings will come out. Even if you had given me the listings, it is pointless for me since I cannot market without the owners permission nor do I have existing clients for that area.

Jacking up the rental prices for money implies cheating and profiting. It is different from asking for commission after providing a service. It is the same for lawyers. You provide a service, you charge for it. It could be 1 hour of consultation and they charge a few hundred dollars. However, if you say that the lawyer purposely encourage arguing couples to divorce, that's a separate issue all together. To think you claim to work in the legal sector. Cleaning the toilets for the lawyers?

21 hours ago, M_G said:

One last thing... It must really suck that the market is such where you'd earn much less than before, and you prolly have to work harder for your dues. But isn't that the case for any industry? So, why would agents cheat paying tenants, just to mark up for landlords so they can earn more? Playing with the market/system is fine, but at the expense of paying tenants? If that's not cruel and heartless, I don't know what is.

1. I got my license when the market was at it's worst. About 1 year after the cooling measures was introduced. Market crashed at that point of time. So now? Definitely earning more than when I entered the market. Thank you.

2. My company have been enjoying higher and higher absolute commission collected. I dont have all the figures but this is what I've found from past publications.

2007 - >$10m

2008 - >$13m

2009 - >$28m

2010 - >$38m

2011 - >$41m

2012 - >$53m

2013 - >$65m

2015 -> S$85m

3. If you use your brains a little, you would realise that property agents would rather 

> Market 10 properties whose owners accepts price below or at market price (esp in a buyers market like now) than to market 100 properties whose owner expects prices above market price. My commission is only received AFTER I close deal. How many people are willing to keep incurring marketing costs knowing that it is difficult or unlikely to reap benefits (difficult to find suitable/willing tenants/buyers).

4. When market's transaction volume slows down, agents will leave - therefore less competition. Additionally, developers increase commission paid to agents. When market transaction volume increases, our commission likewise will reduce and more agents come into the market. Does it matter if the market transaction is fast or slow? No.

What matters is the number of clients who come to know me, become satisfied with my service and professionalism and willing to open their minds to see how I can transform their capital asset portfolio.

Last but not least, no matter much Singapore's property market slow by...The transaction volume is still sooooooo much larger than most other countries.

You can think what you like but you are upset with the market and biased against the brokers. What you said makes little sense. If you really are in the legal sector, you should have learnt from the lawyers not to talk unless you are able to substantiate yourself.

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 0:11 PM, abang said:

$500 for single occupant, no air con, no cooking, unfurnished (only utilities & WiFi included), I would say yes.

And probably not near to city

I really did not expect my innocent question became a battle of words here.  As a HDB owner, I have to abide by the rules.  As much as I want to receive "passive" income through renting the room, I am definitely "NOT DESPERATE".  And to assure all readers, I do NOT know ZEROSUM personally nor had I made any arrangements with him.  So we are two independent users of this forum.

If potential tenants are that quarrelsome on this board, then super-sorry, we won't be able to enjoy the harmonious lifestyle together.  The tenant is of the opinion that the agent and I, the landlord wants to "milk" as much as possible from the tenant.  But as a owner living in the unit myself, my primary concern is that "kimochi" with the tenant.  Rental fees become very secondary.

Cheap is SELDOM good and ANGST is never an antidote for any displeasure and unhappiness. ... I don't think anyone with the right frame of mind wants to return from a long day of work to see chaos in the living room, over-crowding and long waits to use the toilet, noisy co-tenants..oops, the long list go on...

On 2/8/2017 at 1:54 PM, Damontan said:

I agree with you. Sometimes it is important that we take the time to find the right tenants whom we can build a rapport and maintain a harmonious relationship with rather than somebody who wants to bargain down the price of the room quoting many reasons.

Even now my mum is also renting her common room and there have been so many offers brought by agents, some offers were even rather high but she's turned down all of them because she felt she could not get along with any of them. For example, there is 1 lady who offered $800 and it was just a common HDB room (used to be my room for many many year, heh) that my mum is renting out, but she demanded for immediate moving in on the day itself, refused to provide documentation proof of her identity and insisted that she will provide it after settling in. So suspicious and even though she is pushing the cash deposit to my mum to take it I have advised her not to.

Not advisable to rent out to such tenants! If she don't provide documentation later or if her documentation are not valid, the landlord will get into a lot of trouble! Always check their IDs (esp work permit) for validity. Even if she have a valid working pass, she cannot sign or invite another person to stay (even if she pays you more) as they might not have the valid work permit to reside in Singapore. 

Looking for 1 filipino male tenant along Clementi Ave 2 (Room sharing)
- 2 tenants in one room ( 1 bedspace available)
-Common room with AC
-Can do light cooking and laundry
-435SGD per month inclusive of PUB and wifi
- Near 24hrs NTUC and 5mins walk to Clementi MRT and Clementi Complex

Available: March 17, 2017 onwards
For inquiries PM me. Thanks!

Edited by wericks45

On 30/01/2017 at 4:09 AM, Rydz Wan said:

Room(s) available for rental at Bukit Batok West. 10min walk to MRT. Nearby amenities. Owner is me, staying alone & no other family members.

Common room 1:

Fit for single person. Immediate move in. 

Common room 2:

Much more spacious. Fit for single or sharing. Only available after 19th Feb.

Rental rates varies between both room and are negotiable. Pm to discuss further.

Ps: Sorry, both rooms are non A/C. ....will add some photos later.

Hello! Can I take go down and take a look?

On 1/12/2017 at 8:58 PM, jolima said:

The Nautical @ Sembawang

Super single bedframe
be the first to use the room!
common toilet for own use
free gym / pool access
light cooking OK
rental 700 per month
1/3 of utility to be paid, 2/3 borne by landlord who don't live there often
1 year lease
free shuttle bus to Sembawang MRT

SMS 8608 6398 for viewing!

2015-12-13_21.48.18.jpg

IMG-20151206-WA0007.jpg

bump!

Hi all,
I have a room to rent at Boon Lay Drive near to Jurong Point. 
Two bus stop from Boon Lay MRT and bus Interchange.
Common room with air conditioner, wardrobe and bed .
Wifi available.
Light cooking allowed.
5 minutes to Boon Lay MRT, bus interchange,Jurong Point. NTUC Foodfare ,Boon Lay Shopping centre wet market and food village.

line id: ojomani 
Pm me 

Have a wonderful day....

Yours Indian love sucking cock...

Wechat id : ojomani

Hey there seeking a room/ room share in pair ris/ tampines- AC, WiFi, clean bed, desk to work from. Short term: 3mths  (tue-fri) 

Sporean Working professional- in the area of L&D, would pretty much be back to use the bed- to sleep. Weekday occupant. Happy to explore options. Pm me thanks! 

Common Rooms in Clementi for Rent

Details: Recently renovated rooms with new air-condition and wi-fi; rooms are currently now furnished with cabinets only and can move in immediately; can be partially/fully furnished if need to; equip with washing machine and dryer (usage: once a week); Place is currenly only occupied by me only.

Amenities: Walking distance to NTUC, 321 Clementi and Clementi Mall with many coffeeshops and food options around to choose from

PM me to discuss more. Serious tenants please. Couples welcomed too.

Room-1.jpg

Room-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Make NParks your backgarden @ Eco Sanctuary (no agent fees!)

Virtual tour --> https://quik.gopro.com/v/W18ppq1jXK/

99.co post --> https://www.99.co/property/g4SekT9CxT3tQJZ5oDDfig

Brand new Eco Sanctuary condo
Spacious, bright and windy unit for immediate occupancy!

1 master bedroom, 
2 common rooms, 
2 bathrooms,
Fully enclosed kitchen, huge living room and dining room!

Partially furnished with AC. Basic interior can be customised to suit tenant's needs!

Coffee shops and amenities within 5min radius!
Free shuttle bus service to LRT and MRT stations!

Any nationalities welcomed!

Asking $2.8k per month (negotiable). 

Call / text Johan 86086398 for viewing!
CEA Registration R056055G

Screenshot_20170218-003533.jpg

Screenshot_20170218-003545.jpg

Screenshot_20170218-003606.jpg

Screenshot_20170218-003619.jpg

Screenshot_20170218-003632.jpg

Screenshot_20170218-003701.jpg

Screenshot_20170218-003709.jpg

Screenshot_20170218-003717.jpg

Edited by jolima

I'm looking for a room for rent in the east.
Budget: $900 +/- (depending on location, room condition)
Deal breaker: Must be within walking distance to MRT
Air-cond: yes
Cooking: Preferably light cooking i.e. salad, juice, poaching (no frying)
Furnishing: Queen size bed, wardrobe, study table

I'm also open to co-rent with other tenants for whole unit

Whatsapp me: 91520248

Edited by tag123

Brand New Furnished Condo Room for Rental, 3mins walk from MRT

- Brand new condo room available for rental.
- Looking for Single Male Profession Tenant
- 3mins walk from Bartley MRT Station (1 Stop away from Major Shopping Mall @ NEX Serangoon)
- Owner is a single male professional occupying the master bedroom
- Light cooking is allowed (Instant noodle, boiling, etc)
- Usage of washing machine, Wifi & aircon
- Full access to Condo facilities including Gym, Swimming Pool, Underground Carpark, Jacuzzi, Function Rooms.
- Available immediately
- No Agent Fees

Room Features
- Single Bed with Mattress will be provided. Desk & Chair can be provided upon request.
- Adjoining toilet to the room
- TV point available in room
- Built in closet

PM me for more details, photos and contact.

Room1.jpg         Room2.jpg

14718815_10154379383650432_6829638660715697781_n.jpg

Edited by Ray_34

• 2 weeks later...

A 26 yrs old student, looking for a small private room/ common room for rent in the east. Prefer near Bedok, Paya Lebar, Eunos or Kembangan station. My budget is around S$500 to S$550. No AC is fine. I can only move in either early August or end June. Anyone who has the spare room, please PM me for details.