Male HQ

I got Body odour & Body odor discussion (compiled)

Guest P

DIY way of preventing body odour without commercial deodorant. See this

A cute guy shows us how to smell better using baking soda and lemon. The combination is a natural deodorant that absorbs moisture and kills odor-causing bacteria.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I tried to click on the link...it took me to Youtube...but then on the screen it say "We're sorry, but this video is no longer available". Is there something wrong with my PC? How can I view it? Sorry - I know this may not be the right place to post....:(

• 1 year later...
Guest Smelly Armpit

Especially after I worked long hour and also the part around my underwear too. Anyone got similar experiences? How to get rid of it without causing embarassment to colleagues?

Guest EastGuy

Especially after I worked long hour and also the part around my underwear too. Anyone got similar experiences? How to get rid of it without causing embarassment to colleagues?

U can go for Botox around the armpit area and groin area. tell the doctor your problem, they should be able to advice. Btw, botox is only temporary...

u can try to buy this mineral stone from pharmacy or chinese medical hall, wet ur armpit and rub the mineral stone on it when shower and rinse it thereafter, it is very effective and will get rid of the smell after few wash

留人间多少爱 迎浮也千变 和有情人做快乐的事 莫问是劫是缘

Let me offer a low cost solution. Get a piece of charcoal. Roll(not rub) over your sweaty area after every shower. In a weeks time , your sweaty area will feel fresh most of the time.

Pls use those deodorants (Dove, Nivea, ...) + Perfume ... it does not only help you but other people also.

There is one Indian PT guy in Cali Orchard, he has same problem as you, I guess. Whenever I pass him or he passes me, oh my god ... almost fainted ... I swear :P ... sorry but it is true :(

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

Pls use those deodorants (Dove, Nivea, ...) + Perfume ... it does not only help you but other people also.

If you have severe BO, DONT ever try to use normal deodorant or perfume to mask; its worst - you'll get perfumed odour.

You should treat the problem the right way like what "aiyah yah" recommended - you have to use formulated deodorant.

And you have to thoroughly wash all your clothes to rid the smell by pre-soaking with household vinegar or lemon juice.

Most of the above suggestions only treat the symptoms but not the root causes.

I'm being presumptuous here and hazard a few guesses.

I presume you don't drink plenty of water or not enough, you don't take enough fruits and vegetables and you smoke?

The above 3 actions will most likely cause a lot of toxin build up in your body and thus cause body odour.

Drink plenty of water, take more servings of fruits and veggies and cut down on smoking if you do.

It'll take a bit of time and you may even smell worse as the detoxification flushes out the toxin.

Do not stop drinking more water and taking fruits.

If you're not what I presume above, then there are other more serious underlying causes. Like someone suggested, consult a doctor.

In the meantime take at least 2 showers a day and use anti-bacterial soap. If you perspire alot, use deodorant.

Diet also causes interesting body odours...

Learnt this from the army - never eat sardines... it will cause your body to smell ...

Curries and Spices will also cause your body to smell... too much garlic... for example. No offence, but many foreign talent from India... after they leave a small meeting room that has no windows... just aircon... their presence will linger for hours...

Dunno how to tell them politely that they OFFEND... big time...

• 10 months later...

Is it really such a troublesome effort to copy and paste the text from the articles to this thread, so people dont have to load another window to another third party website just to read the web?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Dear imchaser

The fact that you also could have, and clearly did not copy and paste that text on to this thread yourself, answers your own question I think. :)

Guest Gay body odor

Underarm odor may send very specific signals to potential mates

10 May 2005

Your nose, whether big or small, male or female, heterosexual or homosexual, may play a big role in selecting your potential mate. According to scientists at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, one person's preference for another person's body odor depends in part upon the gender and sexual orientation of both sender and receiver.

"Our findings support the contention that gender preference has a biological component that is reflected in both the production of different body odors and in the perception of and response to body odors," remarks Monell neuroscientist Charles Wysocki, PhD. Wysocki and Yolanda Martins, PhD co-directed the research effort.

In the study, 82 heterosexual and homosexual men and women were asked to indicate their preference for the odors of underarm sweat collected from 24 odor donors of varied gender and sexual orientation. Subjects made four comparisons, evaluating and chosing between odors from (i) heterosexual males versus gay males, (ii) heterosexual males versus heterosexual females, (iii) heterosexual females versus lesbian females, and (iv) gay males versus lesbian females.

Homosexual men and lesbian women had patterns of body odor preferences that were different from those of heterosexual men and women. In particular, gay men were strikingly different from heterosexual men and women and from lesbian women, both in terms of which body odors gay men preferred and how their own body odors were regarded by the other groups. Gay men preferred odors from gay men and heterosexual women, whereas odors from gay men were the least preferred by heterosexual men and women and by lesbian women.

Overall, odor preference was related to perceptions of odor pleasantness or unpleasantness, but not to odor intensity. Because the perceptual differences were related to odor quality, this suggests that at least some of the chemical attributes that contribute to human body odors are related to an individual's gender and sexual orientation.

Martins comments, "We need to understand how the biological mechanisms responsible for production of body odor differs in these groups of people, who are defined by gender and gender preference. We also need to identify the factors that lead men versus women and heterosexuals versus homosexuals to perceive body odor differently."

The results will be published in the September 2005 issue of Psychological Science. George Preti, PhD, and Christina Crabtree also contributed to the research.

The Monell Chemical Senses Center is a nonprofit basic research institute based in Philadelphia, PA. Scientists at the Monell Center conduct research devoted to understanding the senses of taste, smell, and chemical irritation: how they function and how they affect our lives, from before birth through old age. The Center's approach is multidisciplinary. Scientists from a variety of backgrounds collaborate to address topic areas in sensation and perception, neuroscience and molecular biology, environmental and occupational health, nutrition and appetite, health and well being, and chemical ecology and communication. For more information about Monell, visit the Center's web site at www.monell.org or email inquiries to media@monell.org.

Reference: Yolanda Martins, George Preti, Christina R. Crabtree and Charles J. Wysocki. Preference for Human Body Odors Is Influenced by Gender and Sexual Orientation. Psychological Science, in press, 2005.

wysocki@monell.org

215-898-6666

Monell Chemical Senses Center

http://www.monell.org

Guest alien

I think not only gay men are attracted to body odor from other gay men lor, i think it is also apply to str8 couple as well. Some pple tend to have a pleasant and nice body odor which other pple might like.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

How come everyone walked passed me must cover their nose? I smell myself, nothing wrong leh. Why huh?

I am only smelly when I woke up in the morning, I can smell the light body odor eventhough I have taken showered before I sleep. Anyone know why I am smelly? What is the remedy or was it a norm to be smelly in the morning?

Guest LivingAlone

are you fat?

oh, this is going to piss captain so bad.

You are right...

Fat people perspire more due to their size, and the bacteria reacts with the excess perspiration to produce a greater chance of body odour.

Guest boys-pleasure

aww don't be hard on yourself.

Try going to saunas, hmm drink lots of water, eat healthily. Take at least 2 showers a day.

Try baking soda as an alternative to commercial deodorants. It's much better and it works!

How come everyone walked passed me must cover their nose? I smell myself, nothing wrong leh. Why huh?

I am only smelly when I woke up in the morning, I can smell the light body odor eventhough I have taken showered before I sleep. Anyone know why I am smelly? What is the remedy or was it a norm to be smelly in the morning?

Could you have body odor? If you do, you need to shower more and clean your perspiration more regularly. Must keep your body clean all the time.

speaking of odor and perspiration. how do u get ur body to perspire less? other than temperature being a factor.

i mean some people perspire more some less but for those who perspire a lot is there any way to reduce it? i walk abit perspire already.. very annoying lol. and yeah im slightly overweight =/

Guest rachelle

If the source of the odor is strong armpit and groin cleft odor, you may genetically inclined to have what we chinese call the odor of the fox , wuchou.

Go to the pharmacy and get a product called Perspirex and apply on those odor producing areas after you had a good shower with an antibacterial soap and soap and scrub those areas like armpit and groin and wash for at least four minutes using your finger to sud and scrub the area gently with your short fingernails.

Tha aim of this action is to remove with soap and water the waxy, greasy layer of sebum that is especially discahrged in the groin and armpit area of some people.

I bet you don't scrub your armpit area carefully , or maybe you hands just can't reach the area because you are severely overweight and and your hands can't maneovre to those area because of of layers of fattty flesh getting in the way.

There is one area that is neglected by alot of people when they shower. It is not so serious if you are a muscular twink type of age and also stocky.

But is you are severely fat , the back and shoulder area is a neglected area to clean. You need to go to watson's to buy their sponge or loofah on a stick measuring a about 18 inches , this device allows you to reach hard to reach areas on the back. Remember to wet the sponge when you shower and apply antibacteria soap to create a nice foamy sud and slowly scrub your back to remove the accumulated sweat, dead skin and odor causing sebum that may have accumulated over many years,

Its a fact taht a lot of people seldom use a long handled sponge to scrub their back to reach hard to reach areas. This action is also good for those with a lot of pimples and acne on their back.

Do check your towels too, is your towel a dark , stained color from using it to wipe of unwashed sebum accumulated from back area.

Do invest in a new towel once you start to clean your back regularly. No point trasnsferriing dirty towel smell to your clean scrub body.

Do wash your towels more often, if can use some bleach to disinfect your towels, or use hot water wash if you have a front load machine washer.

Invest in a good washing machine like Samsung or LG front loader which has hot water wash . It will help to remove sebum from your clothes.

If all else fails and you ahev tried to remove all sources of bad body odor , then you maybe born with bad baody odor, but the person who loves your dearly is the person who likes your particular body odor.

Guest Guest

Dear Guests / members,

Please refrain from posting insensitive remarks on particular race or type of people and stick to the topic discussed.

Insensitive people will be given warning point and post removed.

Thank you.

How fair, you only apply this rule to the fat criticisers but not to the Charice bashers?

Erm might be the clothes, when I was in sec sch I was get disturbed by friends cos my uniform smells.. T_T Apparently if u dont dry clothes w the powerr of the Sun, overtime the shirt will harbour some odour..

If not, can always use perfumes/ cologne, ever sicne that sec sch incident, perfume is like.. part of my life. LOL

Sometimes I give my heart away too easily.

If the source of the odor is strong armpit and groin cleft odor, you may genetically inclined to have what we chinese call the odor of the fox , wuchou.

Go to the pharmacy and get a product called Perspirex and apply on those odor producing areas after you had a good shower with an antibacterial soap and soap and scrub those areas like armpit and groin and wash for at least four minutes using your finger to sud and scrub the area gently with your short fingernails.

Tha aim of this action is to remove with soap and water the waxy, greasy layer of sebum that is especially discahrged in the groin and armpit area of some people.

I bet you don't scrub your armpit area carefully , or maybe you hands just can't reach the area because you are severely overweight and and your hands can't maneovre to those area because of of layers of fattty flesh getting in the way.

There is one area that is neglected by alot of people when they shower. It is not so serious if you are a muscular twink type of age and also stocky.

But is you are severely fat , the back and shoulder area is a neglected area to clean. You need to go to watson's to buy their sponge or loofah on a stick measuring a about 18 inches , this device allows you to reach hard to reach areas on the back. Remember to wet the sponge when you shower and apply antibacteria soap to create a nice foamy sud and slowly scrub your back to remove the accumulated sweat, dead skin and odor causing sebum that may have accumulated over many years,

Its a fact taht a lot of people seldom use a long handled sponge to scrub their back to reach hard to reach areas. This action is also good for those with a lot of pimples and acne on their back.

Do check your towels too, is your towel a dark , stained color from using it to wipe of unwashed sebum accumulated from back area.

Do invest in a new towel once you start to clean your back regularly. No point trasnsferriing dirty towel smell to your clean scrub body.

Do wash your towels more often, if can use some bleach to disinfect your towels, or use hot water wash if you have a front load machine washer.

Invest in a good washing machine like Samsung or LG front loader which has hot water wash . It will help to remove sebum from your clothes.

If all else fails and you ahev tried to remove all sources of bad body odor , then you maybe born with bad baody odor, but the person who loves your dearly is the person who likes your particular body odor.

Good advice.... and bathe at least twice a day (cold shower instead of hot baths).

Guest guest

a use to be friend of mine always hang out at macdonals toliet and target for hunks to urinate into the paper cup he place there and drink it after that. when he started talking his mouth is stink until today when u close with him u can smell he is smelly.

May I know what's your race?

I have a friend who has this mild smell on him anytime of the day. I wont consider it body odour but just a not so pleasant smell. When I went to his room, I smell it too. The smell was strongest from his bed.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

it could also be from the clothes, as the smell will linger in certain fabric

1. mix warm water with baking soda, soak the clothes in for an hour before washing.

2. mix hot water (not boiling) with vinegar, soak overnight before washing

3. if possible dry in the sun as sunlight is a natural odor removal

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest Urine Smell

a use to be friend of mine always hang out at macdonals toliet and target for hunks to urinate into the paper cup he place there and drink it after that. when he started talking his mouth is stink until today when u close with him u can smell he is smelly.

Is your friend healthy and strong after this treatments?

Guest guest

not really healthy. but keep moving room to room , every owner give him a month notice to move out .many of his friends dun like to share food with him ,every one say seperate dish.u want to share food with him ? spoon to spoon mouth?he is no other than tan e h.

Don't wear anything that is dark, like black or dark-blue, many people have experienced the smell of such color under heavy perspiration of whatever. Don't believe ask around. :rolleyes:

Dont tell me u've been sniffing around my avatar on your monitor screen. Please, if u want, just beg ask, ill send u a high resolution pic for your wallpaper.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Don't wear anything that is dark, like black or dark-blue, many people have experienced the smell of such color under heavy perspiration of whatever. Don't believe ask around. :rolleyes:

reason being dark colors absorb more heat and thus increase perspiration

There's a condition known as TMAU.

Many people do not know about this condition, and assumes that the sufferer did not bathe or shower. This is not the case.

Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome,is a rare metabolic disorder that causes a defect in the normal production of the enzyme flavin containing monooxygenase 3 (FMO3). When FMO3 is not working correctly or if not enough enzyme is produced, the body loses the ability to properly break down trimethylamine (TMA) from precursor compounds in food digestion into trimethylamine oxide (TMAO) through a process called N-oxygenation. Trimethylamine then builds up and is released in the person's sweat, urine, and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor or strong body odor.
Edited by Allegro

There's a condition known as TMAU.

Many people do not know about this condition, and assumes that the sufferer did not bathe or shower. This is not the case.

:yuk:

But I recognize that it must be very sad for these people!

Any cure?

• G_M changed the title to I got Body odour & Body odor discussion (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.