Male HQ

Which Airline Have Best On Flight Meal?

Guest Smooth-as-Silk

Guest Smooth-as-Silk

wheather you are a frequent flyer or once in a blue moon flyer,

the on flight food is really an added Plus if is Tasty & Appetising,

that will really make your on flight journey so pleasant !

i like TG Thai International, the food has got more varities than other Airline,

Sea food and veg are fresh and not over heated in the oven! and Spicy Aroi !

worst on flight meal i ever have is the China Airline, the veg is not green but yellowish,

SQ varies, at time got nice meal, at times are worst than cheap Airlines!

you can mention business class or economoy class, see the $$$$ you paid is worth or not!

which Airline you have your best momorable tasty food experience?

Guest wateverwillbe

wheather you are a frequent flyer or once in a blue moon flyer,

the on flight food is really an added Plus if is Tasty & Appetising,

that will really make your on flight journey so pleasant !

i like TG Thai International, the food has got more varities than other Airline,

Sea food and veg are fresh and not over heated in the oven! and Spicy Aroi !

worst on flight meal i ever have is the China Airline, the veg is not green but yellowish,

SQ varies, at time got nice meal, at times are worst than cheap Airlines!

you can mention business class or economoy class, see the $$$$ you paid is worth or not!

which Airline you have your best momorable tasty food experience?

I've tried Emirates before, they are pretty good. As for entertainment, no airlines can beat Emirates cos they have won the best in flight entertainment system for the 5 consecutive years...

maybe you can check this website

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards-2010/ife2010.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I love SQ business class food! I had the chicken rice the last time and the chili was actually authentic. Maybe it was just because I was coming back from US after 2 years... not sure. ANA's pretty good too, as far as I can remember.

TG economy - fine i guess, but nth to rave about. By the time they got to me, my choice was already gone. UA's not that great either.

I am SQ frequent flyer and find that recently their meals change accordingly to destinations and quite nice. Many colleagues of mine got shocked also :D. Few years before, it was terrible, always same (curry fish with rice or chicken with mashed potatoes) and uneatable ...

Thai used to good but not special anymore.

Emirates is easy to eat.

I don't like MH meals.

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

• 2 months later...

Some of the full paying airlines should take a look at Air Asia - even though you have to pay for the meal........it has the "shiok" factor. The nasi lemak is delicious. In fact, all their asian options are delicious! Usually travel SQ otherwise - their food on economy can be boring and alot depends on destination.

Always up for some fun!

Well the best food is still in business class lol .... and so many extras to choose from :P

My preference goes to SQ and CX.

I will never forget the meals on various domestic airlines in China..... if you seat behind, u may end up not being able to choose what u will get lol...... but the reverse is if you are on a low peak flight, u can ask for several servings lol......

Edited by SKMan

I just want to help my didi. Shall remain silent

and they ALL come from the same kitchen in singapore... they just make the order, and specs. and CIAS catering makes it for them...

a friend of mine is a 'cook' in there preparing the in-flight meals... all done by the same hands... just packaging different, and for biz class, of course add more ingredients...

Almost exclusively on SQ for SIN-BKK for the last few months. Dinner menu did not change for as long as I started. Roast Chicken with Potatoes or Stir fried pork with steam rice!!! I was so sick and tired of it that I have started to request for special meals... :swear:

With ANA once to Hawaii.. i was pleasantly surprised. Hot green tea is a great alternative to Lipton.

Best experience was SQ first class to US, started with Dom Perignon, main was Lobster Thermidor with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc... Even the instant noodles were served in a bowl, garnished with vegetables and red cut chili on the side. :clap:

Almost exclusively on SQ for SIN-BKK for the last few months. Dinner menu did not change for as long as I started. Roast Chicken with Potatoes or Stir fried pork with steam rice!!! I was so sick and tired of it that I have started to request for special meals... :swear:

With ANA once to Hawaii.. i was pleasantly surprised. Hot green tea is a great alternative to Lipton.

Best experience was SQ first class to US, started with Dom Perignon, main was Lobster Thermidor with Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc... Even the instant noodles were served in a bowl, garnished with vegetables and red cut chili on the side. :clap:

in paying FIRST CLASS ticket prices be it corporate or personal expense, I'd be pretty pissed if they served INSTANT NOODLES all dressed up... btw you DO know how much price difference between Y class economy vs FIRST class right?

apart from more room to toss and turn and better food... and perhaps better courtesy etc to make you feel important, same plane... if it crash... all still die... choy choy choy of course... but that's the point... does the price difference justify the food? maybe i'm too pleabian to know the difference... :) usually i just have a beer and go to sleep... and being 'army' and SBS trained... i can pretty much sleep in any position much to the envy and disgust of other passengers as i snore merrily away for the full 16 hour flight waking up only for meals...

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried Emirates before, they are pretty good. As for entertainment, no airlines can beat Emirates cos they have won the best in flight entertainment system for the 5 consecutive years...

maybe you can check this website

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards-2010/ife2010.htm

Then I must be cursed with donkey ass' luck. For the several times I travelled with Emirates, none of the food was above average.

PS : I agree regarding their inflight entertainment, which is varied and updated.

Edited by tic-toc

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

• 2 years later...

All the people posting in this thread are so atas and high class.

Fancy debating about highest class inflight food?? Aiyo...

Go get a life instead of digging up old threads to vent your pathetic anger.

Have been flying with SQ Econ recently to shanghai and mutliple times to hong kong.. Have to agree their food has improved significantly. Love the haagen daz ice cream they serve on the hong kong flights. Hahaha always ask for extras :). Flew with JAL to japan before.. food was bad and service was soo bloody slow....

Guest IamPineapple

I personally like British Airways and Qantas... Took a 6 - 8 hrs flight to Melbourne that time on Qantas and the experience was good ! there is enough space to toss and turn too, all in economy class.

Have been flying with SQ Econ recently to shanghai and mutliple times to hong kong.. Have to agree their food has improved significantly. Love the haagen daz ice cream they serve on the hong kong flights. Hahaha always ask for extras :). Flew with JAL to japan before.. food was bad and service was soo bloody slow....

Agree. SQ's food is good now, recently flew to Seoul :) got a nice lunch :9

Some of the full paying airlines should take a look at Air Asia - even though you have to pay for the meal........it has the "shiok" factor. The nasi lemak is delicious. In fact, all their asian options are delicious! Usually travel SQ otherwise - their food on economy can be boring and alot depends on destination.

I agree with this. Business class food will always be business class food, so of course it's great. As for me, I have no qualms with flying on any kind of class and it depends on where I go. I generally don't like doing transfers (waste of time) and for short haul flights, like to KL, BKK, JKT, etc I prefer taking budget airlines since it's only 2 hours. Air Asia comes up tops on its food, and yes, it's Nasi Lemak is pretty amazing!

I agree with this. Business class food will always be business class food, so of course it's great. As for me, I have no qualms with flying on any kind of class and it depends on where I go. I generally don't like doing transfers (waste of time) and for short haul flights, like to KL, BKK, JKT, etc I prefer taking budget airlines since it's only 2 hours. Air Asia comes up tops on its food, and yes, it's Nasi Lemak is pretty amazing!

Agree! Heard a lot of flyers talking about the nasi lemak and it has become the trademark dish of the carrier. But so far, I should admit that Qatar Airways has won my heart. Not only for the flawless service but also the refurbished business class seat, entertainment and of course the endless savory cuisine that keeps on coming. These combination always make each of my flight enjoyable, be it short or long haul and it really proves the company slogan that you are flying on a world star airline. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

or maybe the question should be... which port of origin prepares the best meal ?

sometimes you might get a good meal on the way to your destination and bad on the way back 

just like what @Baloo said, each airport only has one or two kitchens so all airlines would be sourcing it from the same kitchen(s)

Guest Traveller

My vote for best airline food

Biz class 1 - Asiana, 2 - Thai

Econ 1 - Turkish, 2 - Malaysian

Singapore airlines so-so. No consistency. Sometimes really good, sometimes really bad.

Swiss has some decent meals in Economy.

SQ is okay, it's good, no big surprises. I'm happy with it. That's for Eco.

SQ in business class is just yummy, especially if you book the cook.

CX and MI are ok in Eco but it's good in Business.

TG, KE, OZ, KL, MH, AF, OS, NH, CI, VN, BA, IB, 9W are ok in Eco.

Worse: AA, UA, LH, DL, US

Still have to try those Middel East airlines... never flew them before.

Edited by Enelym1978

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had a couple of good opportunities to fly first on redemption for sq. ever since taken their meals and liquors from the private room to the plane services, I endeavour to chalk up my miles for annual flights on first. business is nothing compared to first, seriously!

Swiss has some decent meals in Economy.

SQ is okay, it's good, no big surprises. I'm happy with it. That's for Eco.

SQ in business class is just yummy, especially if you book the cook.

CX and MI are ok in Eco but it's good in Business.

TG, KE, OZ, KL, MH, AF, OS, NH, CI, VN, BA, IB, 9W are ok in Eco.

Worse: AA, UA, LH, DL, US

Still have to try those Middel East airlines... never flew them before.

yes.. have to agree.. .AA is worse, including the service.

MH had (has?) good satay in J. lol. Never flew SQ's J, it's persistently priced too much for leisure.

I have to say their Y affair is just average food placed in above average china, though.

DL and BA Y are actually decent (free bubbly helps), VX (Virgin America) has really good bites on premium econ, too.

LH is damn cmi actually on all fronts. Wonder why they still have a rep asides from the German punctuality.

I agree if u want local food, Air Asia is the best.

Otherwise, Emirates

Actually food is not what I look forward to.... usually those Economy seat meals are blend and boring... I like the ice cream though haha.

I always order a special meal: low fat most of the time.

I get the meal first: good for shorter flights, gives you enough time to finish it without rushing. Good for long haul so that you can eat up and go on to watching a movie or sleep  :)

Actually food is not what I look forward to.... usually those Economy seat meals are blend and boring... I like the ice cream though haha.

I always order a special meal: low fat most of the time.

I get the meal first: good for shorter flights, gives you enough time to finish it without rushing. Good for long haul so that you can eat up and go on to watching a movie or sleep  :)

Low fat meal sounds interesting. I hope it's not the same as vegetarian.

You get your fish, chicken or beef but with either no sauce or less sauce.

You also get some kind of salad.

Only negative point sometimes.... no dessert lol

Gonna try it one day. No desert is fine. I always skip their cakes. Too much sugar in my blood makes me restless on the flight. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.