Male HQ

Discussion On Ippt / Ipt & Rt For All Reservist (Compiled)

Guest Erotictales

Got gold during active years. Now long time no get gold. Anyone silver standard training for gold?

me. :wacko:

stucked at silver and either missed by a few points or/and cant get 2.4 gold timing.

i need to train to 'maintain' my other static stations as well and with so many other commitments, there is hardly any extra time to train to 'break the barrier'. ;)

Guest stbrianud

stucked at silver and either missed by a few points or/and cant get 2.4 gold timing.

i need to train to 'maintain' my other static stations as well and with so many other commitments, there is hardly any extra time to train to 'break the barrier'. ;)

Yea i totally get that.. for me it's teh damn 2.4 timing! i can't ever hit 9.30! zzz always 9.45-10... faster i ran was 9.30 and apparently my officers didn't count that as a gold. "we strive for commando standards" oh screw that... I feel like i'm due for the perfect score for months...

Well... i'm still working hard. hoping i'll hit gold during my ippt next month.

hard to arrange with guest ppl

• 9 months later...
Guest ahbinge

SAF thinking of scrapping SBJ,

include push ups

and increase 2.4 to 3.2

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/saf-soldiers-ippt-likely-change-next-year-20131023

SAF soldiers' IPPT likely to change from next year

ST_20131023_JCIPPT23_3891901e.jpg

Every soldier, airman and sailor may have to undergo a new physical fitness test from next year.

The Singapore Armed Forces is looking to change the Individual Physical Proficiency Test, or IPPT, for the first time since 1982.

Key changes are expected to include the scrapping of the standing broad jump station and adding push-ups as a testing criterion, The Straits Times has learnt.

Servicemen will also have to run 3.2km instead of the current 2.4km to test endurance over longer distances.

The changes could kick in as early as next April.

The current IPPT has five stations: the chin-up, standing broad jump, 4x10m shuttle, sit-up and the 2.4km run.

The army's assistant chief of the general staff (training) Ng Ying Thong declined to confirm the changes, other than to say the SAF "constantly reviews its training system to stay relevant".

"The current IPPT remains the test protocol for individual physical fitness in the SAF," he said.

Sources say military top brass is finalising the changes, though senior SAF ground commanders have been told of likely tweaks.

Asked yesterday if changes are in the offing, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen said they are an "operational requirement", adding: "It is not a political dictate and I defer to my SAF generals to tell me whether the system for getting people fit, for helping them to maintain fitness, is appropriate or not."

About 116,000 people a year take the IPPT but the Defence Ministry did not reveal pass rates.

Many servicemen will breathe a sigh of relief if the broad jump is axed.

Failing it, as plenty have, means the soldier has to undergo remedial training.

Mindef and the SAF have insisted the IPPT serves as a "baseline measure of physical fitness".

Servicemen and women must achieve IPPT standards set according to their gender and age.

The test, launched in 1979, initially included half-knee bends and required regulars and national servicemen to take the test in army t-shirts, slacks and boots.

Both components were removed.

The latest IPPT revision will put the SAF test in line with its Australian and US counterparts.

Dr Teh Kong Chuan, senior consultant at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital's Sports Medicine Centre, said running longer distances may not be more intense if the time required to do it is lengthened.

But he added: "A longer run will be a good test of cardiovascular fitness and muscular endurance."

Personal trainer Chris Chew, who trains people to help them pass the IPPT, said push-ups will better test upper body strength and welcomed the removal of the standing broad jump.

He said: "It is about rhythm, which is not relevant on a battlefield and not very effective in strengthening the lower limbs."

The jump has seen NSman and accountant Norman Ng fail the IPPT most of the times he has taken it.

The 29-year-old, who is due to take his IPPT next August, said: "Hopefully I can do a lot better and pass with a silver to qualify for the monetary reward."

Because of stupid sbj, i din get my gold and had to attend remedial lesson.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

One man's meat is another man's poison. 

Truth be spoken, SBJ is my forte and 2.4km is my weakest station. I would say SBJ is like a "sure score" station for me. Now that they're scrapping this off, I'm a little disheartened. I even have problem running 2.4km, let alone the new 3.2km.

Oh god why.

this is stupid

now SAF said its error by ST

https://www.facebook.com/oursingaporearmy

"The Singapore Army wish to clarify the report on "SAF soldiers' IPPT likely to change" (ST 23 Oct 13).

There has not been any decision to change our IPPT system.

The SAF constantly review our training system, including physical training regimes and physical fitness tests, to ensure that they are relevant and effective, and continue to meet our operational requirements.

We have been examining the physical training regimes in other established militaries to learn about the latest training and testing methodology. The SAF will continue to improve the effectiveness of our physical training system to enhance the physical fitness of our soldiers.

The current IPPT continues to be valid and serves as a baseline measure of physical fitness.

We wish to reiterate that there have been no decision to change the current IPPT system."

Adding pushup to the ippt? Quite funny leh. 2.4km become 3.2km? Quite siong for some pple! But saf now say mistake for the report? And no change on the ippt system yet.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Adding pushup to the ippt? Quite funny leh. 2.4km become 3.2km? Quite siong for some pple! But saf now say mistake for the report? And no change on the ippt system yet.

but alot of guys cannot do standard push ups. do half fuck later not counted lol

You are crazy.lol

You want to conform by all mean go ahead. I won't.

??

i think you are the crazy one. can pass ippt gt money dun want, wanna do rt instead?? conform to what?

Guest Raiden Alpha

??

i think you are the crazy one. can pass ippt gt money dun want, wanna do rt instead?? conform to what?

Using physical labour to earn a few hundred bucks and disruptive force to hinder people career and precious time is not my cup of tea.

Go ahead and embrace saf reservists,ippt,rt and mobilisations if you are really that hard for cash.

I blow hundreds in a night on a frequent basis. Saf should stop harassing civilian after they give two of their best year in life to them already.

Edited by Raiden Alpha

Using physical labour to earn a few hundred bucks and disruptive force to hinder people career and precious time is not my cup of tea.

Go ahead and embrace saf reservists,ippt,rt and mobilisations if you are really that hard for cash.

I blow hundreds in a night on a frequent basis. Saf should stop harassing civilian after they give two of their best year in life to them already.

you rather go RT rather than go take ippt just 1 time?

oh.....are you foreigner?

Guest Raiden Alpha

you rather go RT rather than go take ippt just 1 time?

oh.....are you foreigner?

I don't want to say u are dense but you really need people to spell out everything for you huh :(

Ippt and rt are basically interlink and one of the same thing. When people fail ippt they will be call up for rt. When I made my first post here it mean I hate ippt and subsequently the rt that follow as well because these activities cause me great monetary loss. Get it? Hiazzzzzzz

I don't want to say u are dense but you really need people to spell out everything for you huh :(

Ippt and rt are basically interlink and one of the same thing. When people fail ippt they will be call up for rt. When I made my first post here it mean I hate ippt and subsequently the rt that follow as well because these activities cause me great monetary loss. Get it? Hiazzzzzzz

thats why i say just pass ippt once and for all (just 1 session) instead of going to many sessions of rt. which is more waste time? you train up, ippt will be a breeze and a fitter body make you more healthy too.

i was browsing the forum and see many people dun like you, now i know why. bye

I have zero experience doing ippt.

I am excused.

However I have gay and straight friends who are not fans of ippt.. they are body beautiful guys who cant jump or run/jog.

their upper body is strong....looks good but lower body has zero power...

so 3.2 km is quite a stretch... but on the flip side, perhaps can see more topless guys running.jogging around....

However I have gay and straight friends who are not fans of ippt.. they are body beautiful guys who cant jump or run/jog.

their upper body is strong....looks good but lower body has zero power...

Like tt whats the use sia?

But true tt alot of gays train just for aesthetics and to attract sex partners

Whereas most straight guys wanna be strong physically in addition to looking good

You are crazy.lol

You want to conform by all mean go ahead. I won't.

whats wrong w keeping urself FIT??

u r gay, no kids, so no excuse to be a slot....gays have plenty of time to exercise if they want to. 

69dy.jpg

THIS IS WHY SBJ SLD BE SCRAPPED FOR MY BENEFIT!

Haha! I agree! I have almost the same results as you (my 2.4km is usually 2-3 secs short of 5 points due to the fact that they use stadium ground instead of pavement type of roads. Mal-adjustment on my side)

It sucks to have close to full marks for everything and 2 points for SBJ.

And honestly, I can't see how SBJ will measure overall physical proficiency either. It feels like sit and reach. No practical combat applications. No?

Noooo I got the highest sbj (300cm)in my bn, dun take that away!!

300cm for ur sbj!!! U very sure? I think if ur score is ard 240cm already super gd liao.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest renoma88

This will be my 3rd year taking ippt. 1st year, I passed after multiple tries. 2nd year, I never take fined $50. This year is the 3rd year. I dont think I can pass ippt. Any tips or recommendation if I should go for ippt, ipt or rt? Thank you sexy guys.

Guest Raiden Alpha

Only two options unless you downgrade or migrate.

1- Train and build up your fitness level on a regular basis.

2- Save up some money and donate to saf when they charge you.

Ps.Tell your sir when you get charge Jobs for foreigners and ns for locals.

Harassing and bullying citizens is what they excel in.

Edited by Raiden Alpha

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.