Male HQ

Attracted / Infatuated / Crush / Love / Sex With My Colleague or Boss + Confused / Curious about colleague(Compiled)

Buaya

Guest Guest

u already found out that he's interested in men so why bother about what his colleague tell u and get confused? of cos he denies being gay if he is still in the closet.

3 reasons i can think of as to why he looks at u as well:

1) he's interested in you.

2) he is cockteasing you.

3) natural reaction - i will look at someone if he's looking at me as well.

Oh, the wonderful thrill of infatuation :-)

Just find an excuse to start a chat, next time you see him. If its near the coffee machine, ask him if he likes coffee. If its near the bus stop, ask which bus he' taking. All you need to do is break the ice!

Looking at you doesn't mean he is interested in you.

People stare at each other with don't know whats going on in their head.

Unless you are a powerful mind reader, then you will know whats going on in his mind.

Your workplace is your ricebowl. Unless you don't need this job or plan to leave, then go ahead.

No doubt, althought sexual attraction for another person is pretty common in a workplace, it is still a jungle of politics on the other.

A hungry leopard may eye on his antelope, but he must also watch where the lions are, from the corners of his eyes

I rather I try and get rejected then keep thinking of "what if"

Haha it's like the feeling of 阴魂不散 (something that kept following u like a ghost)... until you do something about it.

Will you be my valentine's? :D

STARE and SMILE at him but don't say a word! Just stare and smile :)

Haha, gd idea. If he stares at u, so u just stare back at him lor.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Guest

go to the loo with him, stand next to the urinal & see if he's still staring at you or something else.

To stop him from staring at you , go to the loo & do your big business in one of the stall without closing the door.

Show him how you make your 'delicious' chocolate sausage. That should stop him from staring at you - forever :)

both of us have been working in the same company for quite some time... im 23 and he is 1 year older than me. okay so there is this guy. we didnt really bother about each other before... but since the start of this year, we have been seeing each other by chance quite often. the first time was when i noticed him walking by.. and he know that im looking at him so he turned and smiled (slightly but noticable). after this incident, i dunt know why... we keep bumping into each other by chance... everytime he would look at me and hold his eyes for quite long (not really glancing). i remember there was this awkward moment when i was waiting for a fellow colleague of mine to go for a dinner together, and he was just beside (no idea why he was there, maybe waiting for someone also?).. he looked at me throughout like around 5 to 10 mins? well, i m nervous in front of guys that im attracted to. so i didnt really smile back or talk to him (we dunt know each other btw). so days went by and he still look at me whenever we walk pass each other. but i do realise that he isnt looking at me as much as before already.

usually i would look at a hot guy and forget about them almost instantly becos i know that they are straight... but why does this guy look at me all the time... so i got curious and search for him online. i found that he is interested in men... but i also heard from my colleague that he denied being gay when he was asked about it... so im super confused... cos he look manly and straight... and is he trying to tell me something? what message is he trying to tell me? why he look at me and never approach or talk to me? or am i the one thinking too much? any advice on wad to do? btw, this is my first time trying out a post. hope to get some good advices thks! :)

What you've described is so cute! SInce you like him, best of luck to you!

Guest hiimne

i took out my courage and made the first step ytd night. but so far nothing from him yet... guess im the one thinking too much after all :clap:

• 1 month later...

Okay.I joined this company 3 days ago and there's a colleague i suspected that he's AJ but we are from different department.

So i have been suspecting he stealing glances at me , once i caught him staring at me from far when i caught him he quickly left. So the 3rd day.. My computer spoil , so i went over his cubicle and use a spare computer near him . So i purposely put my phone and left the screen on and put it on my table , the main screen able to see the apps " Grindr " I Somehow suspect that he saw my phone and about 20 mins or so , he approach me pass me a sweet so i say Thanks with a smile . And after that i proceed to do my work , and he strike a conversation with me . Not only i suspect he's a aj, 3 of my colleagues also suspected .

Or maybe i'm too over sensitive ?

Kinda interested in him but i've no idea how to find out if he's gay or not.

Guest Sam 6 4

I mean, this is only your 3rd day in a new work place and you are already suspecting who in another department is AJ and knowing that others are also suspecting him! Wonder if you are totally familiar with you own work duties, or perhaps you are the department head.

Guest GayGow (Act Smart)

Strike a conversation with him e.g.

1. F1 is coming soon. Do you know this year's ChinGAY was held there?

2. Go lunch with him. Pass some bean sprouts into his plate and say: "Eat more DaoGAY, they are good."

3. Ask for direction: Do you know which is the nearest mrt station to GAYlang serai?

another more to add?

Guest Sam 6 4

Quarterone ≡ if your Department Head knows he or she has hired such a wonderful staff, he would be so glad. Should make you Chief Information Officer.

str8 guys know grindr too lah... or at least the more street-wise ones...

and I don't think it was mentioned that the colleague talked abt grindr.

have a chat w him and see if he knows every madonna/lady gaga (depending on which era he comes from) song ever written?

if he does, double confirm!

no wrong. if he is straight, then he wouldn't know what is grindr in the first place.

Serious? So by asking him lady gaga songs ?

Sorry lame joke.

On a more serious note, if you really wanna know, just have a chat w him and I'm sure u will be able to find some signs.

Finding signs if he is gay or bi is easy, but depending on how closeted he is, getting him to admit it to you willbe the difficult part.

Guest Blaidd_drwg

I mean, this is only your 3rd day in a new work place and you are already suspecting who in another department is AJ and knowing that others are also suspecting him! Wonder if you are totally familiar with you own work duties, or perhaps you are the department head.

Sam has a point. You are there to work, and worse of all, you are new, your third day only. Please be professional. If I, your upper found out about your hanky pankies, I will not hesitate to sack you. I did not hire you to sniff out AJs. I did not hire you to start office romances.

Your duty for now is being a diligent worker.

Why get so worked up quaterone when ppl commended on your topic.. It is true that you should just move on and let nature take its course rather than be so bitchy as to find out whether he is AJ or not..

You are just 3 days into your new enviro..You still have a long way to go in your new job, why take the risk being exposed by being so kaypoh and trying to find out..It will do you no good if your work place is not AJ friendly.

Guest faynic

To me, I don't think it's wise to proceed deeper. Do note that curiousity always kills a cat.

Gay or not gay, so what? Even if he is a gay, doesn't mean he is interested in u or he is interested to expose himself. If he is not and knows abt u, it may make the things worst.

There are so many men outside, don't shit in ur own company. If really both of u happened to like each other, r/s in office will always be weird and there will nv be professionalism.

My 2 cents worth of comments, dun get worked up if it offened u

Guest Guest

Okay.I joined this company 3 days ago and there's a colleague i suspected that he's AJ but we are from different department.

So i have been suspecting he stealing glances at me , once i caught him staring at me from far when i caught him he quickly left. So the 3rd day.. My computer spoil , so i went over his cubicle and use a spare computer near him . So i purposely put my phone and left the screen on and put it on my table , the main screen able to see the apps " Grindr " I Somehow suspect that he saw my phone and about 20 mins or so , he approach me pass me a sweet so i say Thanks with a smile . And after that i proceed to do my work , and he strike a conversation with me . Not only i suspect he's a aj, 3 of my colleagues also suspected .

Or maybe i'm too over sensitive ?

Kinda interested in him but i've no idea how to find out if he's gay or not.

Get a life....and not hoping to sleep with your fellow colleague....sorry for being so blunt!

2. Go lunch with him. Pass some bean sprouts into his plate and say: "Eat more DaoGAY, they are good."

3. Ask for direction: Do you know which is the nearest mrt station to GAYlang serai?

another more to add?

This is so creative n funni! :clap:

So when TS purposely left his phone on the table and show Grindr app, still cldnt find out whether his colleague is aj or not?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

no wrong. if he is straight, then he wouldn't know what is grindr in the first place.

Even u r aj also doesnt mean u know wht is Grindr, or being str8 also doesnt 100% mean he doesnt know wht is Grindr.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Sam has a point. You are there to work, and worse of all, you are new, your third day only. Please be professional. If I, your upper found out about your hanky pankies, I will not hesitate to sack you. I did not hire you to sniff out AJs. I did not hire you to start office romances.

I feel the same too! work comes first... u will have time finding out more abt him after work...

Guest woffles woof

If I, your upper found out about your hanky pankies, I will not hesitate to sack you. I did not hire you to sniff out AJs. I did not hire you to start office romances.

He can work in Airport Cargo center to sniff out drugs ! ;):lol:

another more to add?

Also ask him, any good impression about a GayGow guy?

Once I ever thought a guy is gay starting from people keep suspecting and saying that he is gay then later on I became interested in him to the extend that I really thought he is (probably because I am so interested in him aldy so even if he is not, I just think he is gay) and later on I actually keep finding an opportunity to ask him but in the end he told me he is straight. (spare the embarrassment as in between got many things happened, atleast I got the ans after he keep avoiding me for several days)

I would say just be friend with him and see how it goes. Just continue to think he is straight.

And you really should not care so much about whether any of your colleagues is gay, just focus on your job aldy.

Edited by innocense

LOL Say that to me if you're my superior :)

If not then i would suggest you to mind your own business.

Besides that i'm not working for you ? LOL

One word to describe the TS: Immature.

He's probably just a kid with hardly any real working experience.

Ha ha ? Why do you even care ?

Let me guess you're a jobless ? Did FT snatch your job ? Aww i hope so .

Since you have so much free time commenting on people , why not get a life and contribute to the society ?!

fags

Guest Father

Lol. Look at the kind of irrelevant nonsense you're coming out with in your defensive rage. Really, you're only proving to me you're just a kid. Only kids will react in such a self centered prideful manner. Part of growing up is to learn to accept opinions that you don't like but are nonetheless true. After all, the truth hurts (:

LOL Say that to me if you're my superior :)

If not then i would suggest you to mind your own business.

Besides that i'm not working for you ? LOL

you're posting in an open forum, anyone are free to air their views, no point getting so worked up.

anyway I have to i agree with Blaidd, you should be professional at work. Your duty should be your first priority, not others being AJ or not.

its good to know, but you're still new and i highly doubt you are even familiar with the culture there.

i don't recommend risking your job or giving others a bad impression over your quest to find out others' sexual orientation.

• 4 months later...
Guest miserably_miserable

I have a crush on my colleague. It was only a year later after we have sat in the same aisle. I grew to like him when I started to notice him talking to colleagues. The way he speaks and carry himself is pretty well and (in a way) matured. He is self-motivated and resourceful. He spends a lot time in the internet; that's probably his world (at least this is what I see). He can surprise you with some unexpected (cute) responses. He is 25 (chubby) and I'm 36 (lean).

Few incidents brought me closer to him. First, his wallet was stolen. He texted me for help as he was out of cash. I was on my way for lunch and then a movie. So I met him in Orchard. I bought some buns as lunch, and gave him one. We walked to the nearby police station to make a report. I left him when my movie was almost starting. We met again after my movie. He wanted to check out a particular spectacles brand. This led to another journey of weeks of spectacles hunting. I initiated these outings 95% of the time. I also made calls to some of the optical shops in Malaysia to compare the prices. When I was in Spain for business meetings, I also spent an evening to run through some optical shops (I have printed the location maps of these known optical shops who carry the brand). In the end, it looked as though I was the one who needed the spectacles! :(

Next incident - we were watching movie. As we left the cinema, he couldn't find his home keys. It must has dropped somewhere. It was about 10pm then. We walked for less than 2hrs to all the routes that he walked past (between home, office and cinema). But to no avail. It was almost 12 midnight. His landlord was overseas and there was no way for him to get into the house. I offered him to sleep in my rented room after I got the permission from my landlady. I let him to sleep on the mattress, while me on the floor with a thin (long) cushion pad. The next morning, we went for breakfast and he contacted his landlord (somehow he misplaced his landlord number; he had to ask from the neighbour). Fortunately, the landlord's mother was staying nearby and we walked to her place to get the keys. We went to make duplicates before we went back to my place to pack his stuffs.

After that he had a work assignment in Malaysia. I asked him to arrange his trip so that he has a weekend there. I joined him that weekend, and drove him around for food. This was the closest moment I had with him but nothing intimate/sexual.

When he was back from the work assignment, he needed to undergo an operation. The doctor asked him to find someone to accompany him during the discharge. I volunteered. He said he wanted to see some good food when he woke up. I bought him the Secret Recipe's meatball spaghetti but unfortunately he couldn't have such heavy meals yet! So I finally sent him home. I went down to the neighbourhood grocery shop to get some the stuffs he needed. For the next 2-3 days, I walked to his nearby area to pack him lunch and again for dinner. That weekend I'm out of Singapore and I couldnt do that. Eventually he had to start to buy food on his own. But I had all the necessities stuffs prepared for him. When I was back in Singapore, I met him for dinners. As usual, I was the one who made the moves.

When he was back in the office, we had a relayout ie. we are no longer sitting in the same aisle. To me, I would see it as a relief as I think I shld no longer be involved with him. It has been about a month now that I keep our interactions to only work-related matters. I don't ping him anymore on IMs and when he does, my reply is always short and formal.

I wanted to pull myself away as I don't feel he appreciates the things that I did. 95% of the outings were initiated by me though in most cases he would come along. I think we also have limited topics for conversation, likely due to our age gap!

The thing is, the more I ignore him, the more my heart aches. I feel that I shldn't taken better care of him, but I didn't. If I get near to him, I believe my heart will also ache. Neither seems is right to me. I was once a truly happy go lucky guy, but now it can only be at the "outer" layer of me.

Where did I do wrong? What could I have done? Miserable....

• G_M changed the title to Attracted / Infatuated / Crush / Love / Sex With My Colleague or Boss + Confused / Curious about colleague(Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, unlocked, unlocked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.