Male HQ

Kallang Basin Swimming Pool

hlkang79

On 12/17/2017 at 6:00 PM, bluerunner said:

Today is a good day to swim. Not as many ppl as yesterday. Dunno why there was so many people at the pool yesterday 

because the past week was so rainy, a lot of ppl took the first chance they got to get to the pool.

same for last thurs, suddenly the weather was good, saw a lot of fresh faces even 2 white guys. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

36 minutes ago, tomcat said:

because the past week was so rainy, a lot of ppl took the first chance they got to get to the pool.

same for last thurs, suddenly the weather was good, saw a lot of fresh faces even 2 white guys. 

Few weeks back, I saw a Caucasian lady and a Caucasian man too. They came for 2-3weeks and they are gone again. 

At least, there isn’t many kids in Dec due to school holiday. Hoping for good weather this weekend and on Xmas day. 

Swim, swim, swim! :P

8 Jan 17 @ 1245pm

Cute bespectacled guy.... perhaps in his 30s.. small build yellow undies if I recall.. you changed into your trunks and walked out of the changing room still wearing your tee.. gave me a few looks as you walked past.

i’m the guy in the black Pump! jock

1 minute ago, tomcat said:

http://maximarkcarl.tumblr.com/post/168485968991/itsalekz-thomas-price-and-byron-pang-in

its a shame no more open showers in pools these days.

kallang basin all cubicles, although sometimes got uncles who exhibit, lol

i get a vibe from one of the lifeguards there, cute guy

Bedok was one of the most open pool showers ever 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, so KB pool has finally opened after renovation works. I went there last Friday afternoon and was surprised to see that it was relatively quiet. There was only one elderly man swimming besides me. Then the rain came pouring down and I had to stop for about 30 minutes before the 'all-clear' signal was given (really freaky weather nowadays). So what has changed?

1) There are new diving platforms for all 8 lanes.

2) The wall facing the bus stop (bus services 23 and 966) has been changed to part concrete and part mesh fence, so people walking past can see into the complex.

3) The cubicle tiles (shower and toilet) have been given a new coat of paint (it's blue!) and new fans have been installed. There are new shower heads too. Unfortunately, the floor tiles of the shower cubicles remain in a terrible condition.

I left to shower at about 5pm, which is the time when the swimming crowd thickens. Any time before 5pm is good if you like your swim serene and uninterrupted (like me haha).

I rather disappointed that they did not do anything to the toilet floor. I feel that the toilet floor needed the renovation more than changing fan or changing the starting block or applying a fresh layer of paint to the toilet wall. 

Talking about the toilet wall, on the second day of opening,  there was shit stain on the wall at the urinal. :frustrated:

I go swimming at kallang basin evening when it open and renovation. Male toilet look more ugly colour as blue and toilet floor with small titles broken never rid in shower after renovation. Lifeguards are new after old lifeguards failed to watch kid who drown in adult pool

1 hour ago, hairychinese said:

Lifeguards are new after old lifeguards failed to watch kid who drown in adult pool

Oh dear. I hope the old lifeguard does not lose his job because of the kid drowning incident. 

I would like to comment of kids/adults swimming in the deep pool. 

If it’s a kid swimming in the deep pool, parents must be the 1st line of prevention. Parents cannot rely on lifeguards. Lifeguard is your only 2nd life line. The pool can be crowded at times. 

If it’s an adult in the deep pool,  my advise is DO NOT be gung ho and use the deep pool by yourself. Go to the teaching pool. Otherwise, inform the lifeguard that you need special attention while you swim and please get the lane nearest to the side of the pool. 

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

Oh dear. I hope the old lifeguard does not lose his job because of the kid drowning incident. 

I would like to comment of kids/adults swimming in the deep pool. 

If it’s a kid swimming in the deep pool, parents must be the 1st line of prevention. Parents cannot rely on lifeguards. Lifeguard is your only 2nd life line. The pool can be crowded at times. 

If it’s an adult in the deep pool,  my advise is DO NOT be gung ho and use the deep pool by yourself. Go to the teaching pool. Otherwise, inform the lifeguard that you need special attention while you swim and please get the lane nearest to the side of the pool. 

Thanks for yr concern. They need more lifeguard like you.