Male HQ

Kallang Basin Swimming Pool

hlkang79

54 minutes ago, JYAG-sim said:

It's been more than 3 months since my last visit in June, and I'm glad I managed to swim 30 laps yesterday evening. It was pretty quiet and the water was a little tepid. I was hoping for a jolt to the body with cold water, considering the heat. 

Strangely, I find swimming here less "turbulent", compared to SAFRA Tampines.

And the best part: there're no more restrictions to operation hours (except full closure on Wednesdays), including weekends!

Agree. It's still one of my favourite pool.

1 hour ago, JYAG-sim said:

It's been more than 3 months since my last visit in June, and I'm glad I managed to swim 30 laps yesterday evening. It was pretty quiet and the water was a little tepid. I was hoping for a jolt to the body with cold water, considering the heat. 

Strangely, I find swimming here less "turbulent", compared to SAFRA Tampines.

And the best part: there're no more restrictions to operation hours (except full closure on Wednesdays), including weekends!

Ooo so 8am - 9.30pm everyday except for Wednesdays? 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Swimboy87 said:

Enjoyed a good swim and tan this morning. It’s nice that the lifeguards leave those wearing skimpy trunks alone. Love tanning there.

On the way out of the showers, there was a guy in yellow ribbon singlet and yellow trunks just started his swim. Very nice tan and nice shaved tool. 

Hi There! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Chaos at the teaching pool this morning.

With the water polo team taking almost 2/3 of the pool, the remaining 1/3 is opened to public but swim breath wise.

Likewise at the teaching pool, users are encouraged to swim breath wise. However this morning, there are one ignorant/self-entitled (whatever you call him) uncle who swam length wise. There was not many people around. Just 2 kids playing at one end, 2 swimmers swimming breath wise and this uncle came in and swim length wise. 

Then 2 more guys came in; one uncle and another younger chap. They too swim breath wise. Then another young chap came in, he swam breath wise. Chaotic sial. 🤪

2 lifeguards seating at each side of the pool watching but say nothing, do nothing.

Gave up, I move to the big pool to try my luck there. At least, I know everyone there swims breath wise. The only thing to watch out for is zig-zag swimmer. 😅

After my swim, i went back to collect my bag at the training pool. That 3 guys who swam length wise had left. Everyone there was swimming breath wise again. 

Law and order return to status quo.😄

• 1 month later...

Firstly, Happy 2024 KBSC folks.

This year marks the 14th anniversary of this thread in September. Keep it alive.

1st day of 2024, and a drizzling morning.

The pool has no big crowd. There were about 5 swimmers in the big pool, including me. 

There were a few strong swimmers, and they were all uncle/aunty status. Kudos.

Peaceful as always without the kids and prank 'swimmers' in the big pool.

However, there was an uncle who stayed in the shower room for more than 1hr. I saw him in the shower room talking to another uncle when I arrived, and he was still there when I returned to the shower room after my swim. I did not see him in the pool.

At the entrance of the pool, the new pool rooster for Jan 2024 is out. There will be booking of the big pool during daytime of the weekdays. Do prepared to see the pool segregated into 3 portion on weekdays' day time. That kinda sucks. 😒

On 1/6/2024 at 12:21 PM, ejszaka said:

It's been a long time since I last swam at a public pool on weekends. Decided to try this morning at KBSC, and got the shock of my life.

The pool was super busy... like a zoo/tourist attraction. I thought by going early I would be able to have a proper swim, and boy was I so wrong. It was already thronging with kids and their parents/guardians. The adult pool was divided in three and got kids swimming the breadth and presumably learning how tread water. No lap swimming. Many many elder folks as well. Since when do they cut the pool up by the breadths? It was a nightmare - the first and last time I am going to KBSC on a weekend morning.

I got desperate and went to do my laps at the learning pool while it was still relatively empty. But it was so shallow each time I do a stroke, my fingers hit the floor. Finally pushed through my 20 laps, quickly got out, and was leaving when this time I saw 12 or so teenagers seated together waiting for some course to start. Plastic folders were being distributed.

Have we reached a point where we are trying to do too much at a swimming pool, that everyone is cheek by jowl at the risk of kicking each other's faces in the water?

Made a dash for the showers, and the final straw as I was leaving was this SportSg notice saying... we have to change in the cubicle in the men's shower cos of decency issues. Which man is offended by a dangling cock in a men's shower room? It's not like I am playing with my kkj!  Duh!

To skip the crowds you will need to swim on a weekday or go on weekend nights.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:21 PM, ejszaka said:

It's been a long time since I last swam at a public pool on weekends. Decided to try this morning at KBSC, and got the shock of my life.

The pool was super busy... like a zoo/tourist attraction. I thought by going early I would be able to have a proper swim, and boy was I so wrong. It was already thronging with kids and their parents/guardians. The adult pool was divided in three and got kids swimming the breadth and presumably learning how tread water. No lap swimming. Many many elder folks as well. Since when do they cut the pool up by the breadths? It was a nightmare - the first and last time I am going to KBSC on a weekend morning.

I got desperate and went to do my laps at the learning pool while it was still relatively empty. But it was so shallow each time I do a stroke, my fingers hit the floor. Finally pushed through my 20 laps, quickly got out, and was leaving when this time I saw 12 or so teenagers seated together waiting for some course to start. Plastic folders were being distributed.

Have we reached a point where we are trying to do too much at a swimming pool, that everyone is cheek by jowl at the risk of kicking each other's faces in the water?

Made a dash for the showers, and the final straw as I was leaving was this SportSg notice saying... we have to change in the cubicle in the men's shower cos of decency issues. Which man is offended by a dangling cock in a men's shower room? It's not like I am playing with my kkj!  Duh!

Must be too many activities gg on that's why need to change in cubi…

I'm looking for two guys 

1 who met me when I younger and he had a big cock. We always pretend to pee (use to be the old urinal kind) and he would make me suck his dick.

2nd, the guy w smaller cock but was the first and only guy that entered me from behind. We sat at the park.

If u r here pls contact me. :))

Date: 2 Feb 2024

Annoying pool users who have ZERO swim etiquette and zero civic consciousness.

1. Chao char bor dressed in full sleeves swim attire w pink cap. Swam breaststroke starting from lane2 and ended up at lane3. Indeed of swimming above black line that will help her to swim straight, she chose to swim in between the line and ended up taking 2 lanes. 

2. At the far right hand side of the pool where everyone swam above the pool black tile. This chubby had 2 empty lanes to choose from but die die he must choose the space between the 2 black lines where there were swimmers there. Wide body, swam breaststroke and yet can’t keep in straight line. Hovering between the 2 black lines causing swimmers had to ‘Siam’ him. 

WTF, right? If you insist if swimming between the black lines, make sure you don’t sway from one line to another, taking up 2 lanes! 😤

On 2/2/2024 at 3:41 PM, bluerunner said:

Date: 2 Feb 2024

Annoying pool users who have ZERO swim etiquette and zero civic consciousness.

1. Chao char bor dressed in full sleeves swim attire w pink cap. Swam breaststroke starting from lane2 and ended up at lane3. Indeed of swimming above black line that will help her to swim straight, she chose to swim in between the line and ended up taking 2 lanes. 

2. At the far right hand side of the pool where everyone swam above the pool black tile. This chubby had 2 empty lanes to choose from but die die he must choose the space between the 2 black lines where there were swimmers there. Wide body, swam breaststroke and yet can’t keep in straight line. Hovering between the 2 black lines causing swimmers had to ‘Siam’ him. 

WTF, right? If you insist if swimming between the black lines, make sure you don’t sway from one line to another, taking up 2 lanes! 😤

And those cow brains lifeguards.... free until beat flies.... no cow sense to regulate traffic. Actually I shouldn't be making all these references to cows. Cows are prob more intelligent creatures who serve a better purpose.

I need to digress ...... please enlighten me. Nowadays, they split pool in half... one half classes, the other half free for all, swim width, swim length, swim in circles (or figure of 8), nobody gives a shit ha? So lap swimmers no priority whatsoever?

21 minutes ago, ejszaka said:

And those cow brains lifeguards.... free until beat flies.... no cow sense to regulate traffic. Actually I shouldn't be making all these references to cows. Cows are prob more intelligent creatures who serve a better purpose.

I need to digress ...... please enlighten me. Nowadays, they split pool in half... one half classes, the other half free for all, swim width, swim length, swim in circles (or figure of 8), nobody gives a shit ha? So lap swimmers no priority whatsoever?

Sad but true that many regulars have moved away from KBSC. 
Do check out the pool timetable from the notice board near the turnstile. Some timings on weekdays are ok for swim. Weekends wise, only evening. I’m not sure how’s the crowd though. 

45 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Bald lean uncle in green/forest print swimwear yesterday (9 Feb 2024, Friday at about 12 noon) - Chill, and need to let loose a bit la. It's ok that other ppl bump into you when you are naked. Not everyone is looking at you de. The more you try to hide, the more it stirs up other's curiosity.

Happy Chinese New Year, fellow KBSC folks. Huat ah!

I think I encounter that uncle also. I left the shower door half open becos my belongings are outside. He purposely walk past my cubicle waving his index finger, 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️thinking that I am waiting for him to strip! Just ignore him. Anyway I didn’t do anything wrong. 🙄🙄🙄😤😤😤

4 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Bald lean uncle in green/forest print swimwear yesterday (9 Feb 2024, Friday at about 12 noon) - Chill, and need to let loose a bit la. It's ok that other ppl bump into you when you are naked. Not everyone is looking at you de. The more you try to hide, the more it stirs up other's curiosity.

Happy Chinese New Year, fellow KBSC folks. Huat ah!

This behaviour is most probably stemmed from a bad experience (or repeated times)  he had with other annoying gay patrons. I think people won't behave this way without any rhyme or reason. 

When it comes to Guest accounts in BW, it is always best to take their words with a pinch of salt or to ignore them. 

5 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Probably I have caused some misunderstanding towards that uncle. He did not behave repulsively or what. Just like some gay men and hyper sensitive straight men, he feels people are looking at him and a bit "buay song".

Well....I must say this, if you are wearing that kind of swimwear like the one he is wearing, relatively lean fit bod, vivid tanline, and clean shaven, it's almost inevitable NOT to attract any attention; be it good stare or dirty stare.

IMO, if you are so sensitive to any kind of stares, just wrapped up and/or lock yourself at home. Otherwise, you are at the swimming pool and using public shower room. We are NOT blind you know. You cannot control other's behavior BUT you have full control of what you want to do in public spaces.

Afterall, we only spend limited time on earth. Why so petty. Look on the positive side, be grateful that people still look at you at your current age. Like I say earlier, it could all be your own interpretation, you know. Others may not even looking. We are often our biggest devil advocate.

Enough said. Pool is reopening tomorrow albeit a shorter opening hour. 

Enjoy the pool, cherish each of your swim time. Huat ah!

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Exactly! That’s exactly how I felt! First, why u wear until like tat. Next, too bad face n bod don’t match. Worse, u wear till like that walk up and down from sink to showers, walk past my cubicle give me that “you don’t come n beow me ah, gay!” look waving that finger! I am like, “u think u very handsome or young ah?”

Gay also have taste de hor! 🙄🙄🙄

😤😤😤

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Joseph Tan said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Exactly! That’s exactly how I felt! First, why u wear until like tat. Next, too bad face n bod don’t match. Worse, u wear till like that walk up and down from sink to showers, walk past my cubicle give me that “you don’t come n beow me ah, gay!” look waving that finger! I am like, “u think u very handsome or young ah?”

Gay also have taste de hor! 🙄🙄🙄

😤😤😤

🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

I think we could be talking about 2 different person. 
That person I saw was not behaving badly. He did not do anything bad. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 10:58 AM, Joseph Tan said:

I think I encounter that uncle also. I left the shower door half open becos my belongings are outside. He purposely walk past my cubicle waving his index finger, 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️thinking that I am waiting for him to strip! Just ignore him. Anyway I didn’t do anything wrong. 🙄🙄🙄😤😤😤

I cannot imagine someone waving his index finger at another stranger, that is both weird and comical at the same time, maybe he was doing some Tik Tok dance moves lol...