Male HQ

Kallang Basin Swimming Pool

hlkang79

On 9/3/2022 at 2:06 PM, bluerunner said:

Recently there has been quite a bit of pool closing either for 2hrs duration or longer for the big pool. Dunno what’s wrong. 

Yeah, especially on weekends. It was closed 4.30 to 7 p.m. this evening (I arrived at 5.05 p.m.) and will be closed 11.30 a.m. to 7 p.m. tomorrow.  Looks like the best times to swim are weekdays and before 1 p.m. and after 7 p.m. on weekends...

On 9/3/2022 at 10:45 PM, JYAG-sim said:

Yeah, especially on weekends. It was closed 4.30 to 7 p.m. this evening (I arrived at 5.05 p.m.) and will be closed 11.30 a.m. to 7 p.m. tomorrow.  Looks like the best times to swim are weekdays and before 1 p.m. and after 7 p.m. on weekends...

IKR. Today’s weather also cui. Sigh. 

Here's my humble attempt at surmising my observations based on the past few swimming sessions, including this afternoon:

• Lessons by the no-nonsense European female instructor will take up the lane closest to the spectator stand, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday afternoons. You can swim in that lane but watch out for the children.
  • The first 2 lanes closest to the expressway were closed for swimming lessons today, from 5 p.m.
  • On weekday evenings (starting 7 p.m.), I've noticed a couple of swimming lessons / dragonboating training session in the 2 lanes closest to the expressway.

The crowd demographic also changes at different time periods: the younger crowd usually appear at lunchtime, elderly men and women come in at 4 p.m., and in the evenings, it's a mix of after office crowd. 

The lifeguards weren't very alert when enforcing the correct swim direction in the continuous lap lane. It was only until there were 5 to 6 swimmers in rojak directions that one lifeguard stepped in to remind the 'offenders' of the correct direction. I was like, "Hello?? Be more alert can?" 🤦‍♂️

Edited by JYAG-sim

It sucks to have a rainy Friday. However, not all is bad. At least the pool isn’t crowded and there are lots of unoccupied lanes. No cruisers too. 
Thank to the other 2-3 swimmers who shared the big pool and shower room with me (don’t think dirty yeah…. We shared the same shower room but not the same shower cube!) 😝

Happy (wet) Friday. TGIF 

On 9/5/2022 at 8:57 PM, JYAG-sim said:

Here's my humble attempt at surmising my observations based on the past few swimming sessions, including this afternoon:

• Lessons by the no-nonsense European female instructor will take up the lane closest to the spectator stand, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday afternoons. You can swim in that lane but watch out for the children.
  • The first 2 lanes closest to the expressway were closed for swimming lessons today, from 5 p.m.
  • On weekday evenings (starting 7 p.m.), I've noticed a couple of swimming lessons / dragonboating training session in the 2 lanes closest to the expressway.

The crowd demographic also changes at different time periods: the younger crowd usually appear at lunchtime, elderly men and women come in at 4 p.m., and in the evenings, it's a mix of after office crowd. 

The lifeguards weren't very alert when enforcing the correct swim direction in the continuous lap lane. It was only until there were 5 to 6 swimmers in rojak directions that one lifeguard stepped in to remind the 'offenders' of the correct direction. I was like, "Hello?? Be more alert can?" 🤦‍♂️

Good summary 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was there just now and managed to swim 10laps despite the thunder booms. after the swim i saw a guy in red shorts but cos he was really cute i just kept eyeing him. after that i got a good look of his bod and gun... fantastic cutie in specs. trunks were of those normal though.

i also swam with a funsized fit guy who did some butterfly and freestyle laps and he came to bathe too though he didn't strip.

lastly i must applaud the auntie in the outer lanes  she could swim very consistent freestyle laps.

i was at kb for a swim 135 to 2 before it poured.

saw a short hunk
He was in blue trunks and changed into pale yellow undies

Saw another guy slim tall fair im black trunks with tattoo. He swam 4laps with me and then dunno went where. After I finished 10th the raindrops started to fall so I went to change and noticed he was already bathing. Wonder why he didn't mind sitting butt naked on the bench while drying his leg or something. After that he changed into grey undies.

then FML i had to run through the rain as i needed to return to work

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, firefight said:

i was at kb for a swim 135 to  before it poured.

saw a short hunk
He was in blue trunks and changed into pale yellow undies

Saw another guy slim tall fair im black trunks with tattoo. He swam 4laps with me and then dunno went where. After I finished 10th the raindrops started to fall so I went to change and noticed he was already bathing. Wonder why he didn't mind sitting butt naked on the bench while drying his leg or something. After that he changed into grey undies.

then FML i had to run through the rain as i needed to return to work

Shout out to the fit dude who was tanning until 1240 in grey trunks that had a ring for hooking at the rear side. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...