Male HQ

Questions About Military / Police / Ns - Enlistment / Medical Checkup & Ord Checkup Ffi (Compiled)

Guest Dane

Hey guys, just curious to know, what underwear do you all wear during NS other than freeballing of course. Are sheer / sexy underwear common or no one cares? Thanks!

A sensible dark coloured underwear.

With all the potential eye candy...

Very embarrassing if you have to stand around in your underwear with stains on your white underwear.

"Kinsey says everyone has homosexual tendencies in various degree. YOU'RE ALL GAY!!!" ~ from some kid I overheard in a KFC.

Hey guys, just curious to know, what underwear do you all wear during NS other than freeballing of course. Are sheer / sexy underwear common or no one cares? Thanks!

no one really care what underwear u wear.

Not so much Mindef, but society itself that is still immature about it.

Sometimes, being sensible and discreet about it serves you better in the long term. Declaring and then showing off your gay nature serves no good, where NS is concerned, regardless of where you serve (SAF/SPF/SCDF). Much of society is still quite homophobic.

Better to just enlist, serve and enjoy the process. Imagining that declaring means you'll gain is foolish. Records do not have to be official to stay with you for life. Other people talk too, and word-of-mouth can do a lot of harm.

Hope this helps pre-enlistees think before they jump the gun.

Society does not have to know everything. MINDEF does not report you to society.

MINDEF however reports you to the gov and there after, you can expect your life to be pigeon-holed.

What will happen if you could have won a gov scholarship?

Can you be allowed to teach?

If you ever become a civil servant, will you be sure the black mark will not be following you forever.

Society does not do this, governments perpetuate this in society.

"Kinsey says everyone has homosexual tendencies in various degree. YOU'RE ALL GAY!!!" ~ from some kid I overheard in a KFC.

Guest 35 year old dude

ask you all. were any of you checked in a group during your pre-enlistment medical checkup by MO? I was checked individually (the pull down the underwear part) but some of my JC friends were checked in groups.

ask you all. were any of you checked in a group during your pre-enlistment medical checkup by MO? I was checked individually (the pull down the underwear part) but some of my JC friends were checked in groups.

Depends on the date and time i guess.

If it's almost lunch or closing time, i bet they would process in groups to clear everyone out quickly.

I was waiting around in a group but we were all checked individually.

Guest Guest

so u got to see each other's didis? :P

He's a prick. Enough said. :)

The moderator has set up this ...... positively with a view to

give guidance and support to our younger guys facing NS soon

- Great job , Thumbs up !

To those who just have a thrill of making cheap comments,

...certainly not welcomed !

Have your fun somewhere else please.

Guest alien

Don't worry. You'll be too preoccupied thinking about when the tests will be over.....or feeling depressed that you're going to enlist soon. My dick getting hard cause of hot naked guys was the least of my worries back then.

Agreed, when u are in tht situation, dun think u still have the mood to get hard. Even when u enlisted into the army, even though u get to see many guys in the army, but dun think u will have hardon even u see them, Cos u will be too tired and stress to get horny and hard after all those tough training. Maybe u will get hard when u are back for reservist, cos u will be less stressful and tiring.

psycho feel good show to distract you from the fact that you will be wasting 2 years of your life and end up less employable than others who interview for the same job but 2 years younger.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Hi I'm looking for somewhere where I can voice my concerns and I found this site. I hope I'm in the right place. I declared I'm not gay during my army medical checkup. I heard if I declare I'm gay my parents will find out. I lived my whole life closeted, nt a single soul knows I'm gay. If it gets out, my whole life wil changed and I may lose everything and i am not ready for that. Anyways I hope someone can help me with my worries. Wil I be able to get thru army without pple finding out I'm gay? I do get boner very frequently seeing guys. How can I stop myself or hide it? I do not want to get found out by sergeant and be charge in military court. But I want to stay closeted. What should I do? Sorry it may seem like a stupid qns but it's been bothering me.

Guest kapo

Hi I'm looking for somewhere where I can voice my concerns and I found this site. I hope I'm in the right place. I declared I'm not gay during my army medical checkup. I heard if I declare I'm gay my parents will find out. I lived my whole life closeted, nt a single soul knows I'm gay. If it gets out, my whole life wil changed and I may lose everything and i am not ready for that. Anyways I hope someone can help me with my worries. Wil I be able to get thru army without pple finding out I'm gay? I do get boner very frequently seeing guys. How can I stop myself or hide it? I do not want to get found out by sergeant and be charge in military court. But I want to stay closeted. What should I do? Sorry it may seem like a stupid qns but it's been bothering me.

Yes you should be able to survive thru without pple finding out about yr sexuality if you do not do anything improper during the 2 years. Getting boner frequently isnt a big problem, a healthy young man will have that. Unless you do something silly, otherwise there isnt any reason to charge you. Meanwhile just enjoy your ns, you will learn and become stronger man after national service. Cheers

Guest brando

One can be born with a gay orientation but doesn't have to practise gay behaviour.

I think one needs to decide whether he wants to remain gay in his activities and conduct.

If so, he needs to practise discipline and self-denial.

Even in working life, one cannot be exhibiting gay behaviour in the office or with business contacts.

Usually one only does gay things outisde office hours.

I will be enlisting in about 2 months time. Felt exactly how you are feeling right now.

After much thinking, I've decided not to let this lingering thoughts affect my time in NS.

I too didn't declare. On a lighter note, I have a gay friend who also didn't declare but

somehow, his bunkmates got to know of him.The thing is that, all of his bunkmates didn't mind one bit.

It seems that good camaraderie plays an important part. So I say, just relax.

Cheers :thumb:

Prince Charming, where ya hiding ?

1) Don't post any of your face pictures on BW/sgboy/xtube, there are spies/stalkers everywhere.

2) Don't do anything stupid in the army, and you will have a easy and fruitful 2 years :thumb:

3) Never reveal to anyone about your sexuality, you will never know when some noisy fellow decides to open his big mouth.

Unless u r the obvious sissy type, else u will be able to make it through your 2 yrs without being found out.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Yes! Don't worry too much! I survived my 2 years without any trouble. I also didn't declare. But during BMT, I found out my buddy is AJ too haha...So I came out to him too. We supported one another.

If you see some hot dude and get instant boner, just quickly walk to the toilet lor. And as mentioned by other people here, don't do anything stupid.

Guest alien

Unless u r the obvious sissy type, else u will be able to make it through your 2 yrs without being found out.

Agreed, if u r no the obvious sissy type, no need to declare as gay. Just behave normally in the army, trust me when u r in the army, with all the tiring training u wld not have much time to get horny and hard, even ard u are all guys.

Furthermore, now ns only 2 yrs, very easy to make it through. Last time 2.5 yrs also can survive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hi guys , i just went for my medical check up today .. any idea when would i be enlisted ???

Hi Xmen, by convention your enlistment is 6 months after your checkup. It also depends on your PES status etc.

Usually JC students enlist in the first half of the year i.e. Dec (PTP) if not Jan - May.

Poly students take up the second half of the year (Jun - Nov)

Also there are mono intakes where some are posted to the camp straight without going to Tekong, or NS Police or Civil Defense.

I'm from Poly, from what I have noticed, this year we have PTP intakes: Jun and Sep; enhance BMT: Aug and Nov

Pes Bp intake: 23 Aug?

Hope these help :)

Guest passby

On the medical procedures chart, yes, I remember seeing it in my secondary school days when NCC send us to cmpb for medical checkup.

Up till the late 90s, the chart was there, just that the naked NSF model got more modesty, being cover up via black marker ink.

My first time go there checkup got stunned by that procedures chart too. And we went in, in group of 10 plus... I guess back then the mentality was different, even the existing police (I guess cos they wear blue bottom, not the navy or airforce type) NSFs also went in for checkup in group. And you can see their teasing and hear laughters, it was so fun...

Thereafter, every year I volunteer to bring my juniors for medical checkup at cmpb... Somehow just feel thrilling to bring them there and bio the pre-enlistees in undie only... Towards the late 90s, there were barely anymore of the chart. Then by my time (year 200X) for NS medical checkup, the chart was non existence... I guess b'cos they improve on the procedures, having you to stand according to the floor marking etc...

On the jumping part, I never encounter it in the 6/7 times I went there, nor heard anyone with that experience.

Btw, in the past you are suppose to strip to your underwear and walk around to the various stations.... I dun think this is the case anymore right, can someone update / share your recent experience...

I did my check up early this year. There are many sections. First is photo taking with the fake uniform and studious hair style. Then the stations where u still have your clothes on include Urine test, blood test, eye sight & colour blind test, hearing test. Top less for x ray, height and weight and also ECG monogram. No more having to strip to undies and walk around. Lucky! Haha. The least u have is with your shorts on. U only need to remove your shorts in the medical officer's office where they check for hernia and determine your PES status. All the myths of coughing or jumping naked are not true. Checking hernia is just by observing the region above your private part. The naked phase last only few sec and then u can dress up fully for the computer test.

Guest passby

but i still have fetish to be the medical doctor where can see ALL pre enlistee's birds of all shapes and sizes.. even thought of installing hidden camera in the office :P

Haha.....same here....are u regreting not studying hard enuff to be MO

Guest Happylark

medical officers stationed in cmpb, where pre enlistees are checked, are employed by the saf. regulars simply put. unless you intend to sign on and serve as a doctor with the forces, you wont get to fulfill that perverse fantasy.

that said, thank god med school didnt take you in. no prejudice whatsoever.

Guest passby

medical officers stationed in cmpb, where pre enlistees are checked, are employed by the saf. regulars simply put. unless you intend to sign on and serve as a doctor with the forces, you wont get to fulfill that perverse fantasy.

that said, thank god med school didnt take you in. no prejudice whatsoever.

Most MOs "voluntarily" sign on for 6 years anyway...

So aren't u glad that u weren't make to jump naked? :-P. Wahahaaaaa

Guest bedok

what kind of checkup did NCC boys have to go through? same as pre-NS guys?

On the medical procedures chart, yes, I remember seeing it in my secondary school days when NCC send us to cmpb for medical checkup.

Up till the late 90s, the chart was there, just that the naked NSF model got more modesty, being cover up via black marker ink.

My first time go there checkup got stunned by that procedures chart too. And we went in, in group of 10 plus... I guess back then the mentality was different, even the existing police (I guess cos they wear blue bottom, not the navy or airforce type) NSFs also went in for checkup in group. And you can see their teasing and hear laughters, it was so fun...

Thereafter, every year I volunteer to bring my juniors for medical checkup at cmpb... Somehow just feel thrilling to bring them there and bio the pre-enlistees in undie only... Towards the late 90s, there were barely anymore of the chart. Then by my time (year 200X) for NS medical checkup, the chart was non existence... I guess b'cos they improve on the procedures, having you to stand according to the floor marking etc...

On the jumping part, I never encounter it in the 6/7 times I went there, nor heard anyone with that experience.

Btw, in the past you are suppose to strip to your underwear and walk around to the various stations.... I dun think this is the case anymore right, can someone update / share your recent experience...

Guest passby

what kind of checkup did NCC boys have to go through? same as pre-NS guys?

Almost, less computer aptitude test and xray (maybe egc too, cant remember on this)

Guest Happylark

Most MOs "voluntarily" sign on for 6 years anyway...

So aren't u glad that u weren't make to jump naked? :-P. Wahahaaaaa

my seniors didnt, my partner didnt. i certainly dont intend to. so where did you get this "voluntarily" information from?

any idea how much we get in camp vs how much we can get outside of camp?

my seniors didnt, my partner didnt. i certainly dont intend to. so where did you get this "voluntarily" information from?

any idea how much we get in camp vs how much we can get outside of camp?

So what's the pay difference? Most MO I spoke to gave me that idea...

So are u practising in camp or outside?

Guest bedok

then did the ncc boys have to walk around in underwear also? how old were there?

Almost, less computer aptitude test and xray (maybe egc too, cant remember on this)

Guest Dumamay

I will be enlisting in about a week's time, I had so many thoughts of how my NS life will be. How will people see me , will I do well in my training . I am afraid that my sir will give me a hard time or I will just coop myself up in one corner with no friends as I don't socialize alot. I am afraid of the dark and had heard many supernatural stories in Tekong. What if I gave myself away by accident, of my sexuality ? Will my camp mates feel offended and will not befriend me. I tend to think alot and am in a dilemma , what should I do ?

Edited by Dumamay

I will be enlisting in about a week's time, I had so many thoughts of how my NS life will be. How will people see me , will I do well in my training or will my camp mate laugh at me as I am chubby. I am afraid that my sir will give me a hard time or I will just coop myself up in one corner with no friends as I don't socialize alot. I am afraid of the dark and had heard many supernatural stories in Tekong. What if I gave myself away by accident, of my sexuality ? Will my camp mates feel offended and will not befriend me. I tend to think alot and am in a dilemma , what should I do ?

relaxxxxxxxxxxx...

you'll do fine..... :)

I will be enlisting in about a week's time, I had so many thoughts of how my NS life will be. How will people see me , will I do well in my training or will my camp mate laugh at me as I am chubby. I am afraid that my sir will give me a hard time or I will just coop myself up in one corner with no friends as I don't socialize alot. I am afraid of the dark and had heard many supernatural stories in Tekong. What if I gave myself away by accident, of my sexuality ? Will my camp mates feel offended and will not befriend me. I tend to think alot and am in a dilemma , what should I do ?

you'll do fine don't worry.

i was pretty popular during bmt lol and you'll get people offering to help carry your things everywhere, which is pretty cool. i wasn't 302 though.

just remember to mix around with the people there, which isn't too hard since BMT mates are pretty interesting anyway.

no one will ostracize you so just relax.

I will be enlisting in about a week's time, I had so many thoughts of how my NS life will be. How will people see me , will I do well in my training . I am afraid that my sir will give me a hard time or I will just coop myself up in one corner with no friends as I don't socialize alot. I am afraid of the dark and had heard many supernatural stories in Tekong. What if I gave myself away by accident, of my sexuality ? Will my camp mates feel offended and will not befriend me. I tend to think alot and am in a dilemma , what should I do ?

Hi, taking up the citizenship and be a true blue Singaporean son requires you go through a ritual and that is National Service. It shouldn't be as bad as you think. Remember things often may turn out far better than you think. What if you think worst? The truth is, it can only gets better. So fret not.

I presume that people will see you equally as any of your peers. Training according to them(MINDEF) will be progressive but again manageable. If you think again, NS is not a 1 or 2 years thing. It has already exists since Singapore's nationhood and had improved under time. Every year, from the past almost all has successfully passed out from a recruit to privates. Everyone went through the 24km route-march in full battle order before their pass out parade (POP). Yay, pop some champagne! :thumb:

If anyone expect not to experience any hardships during his service or from his superiors, then he ought to be kidding. Let's imagine, if we were to face a real setting at war, will our enemies award us with welfare or get over with torturing us? History has told us that there's only torture in a war. So, to better mimic the situation to real life, 'tekan sessions' and resilience through physical training is one practical simulation.

If you know well of your own weakness(es) then you should make an attempt to challenge and overcome. If you find NS a shitty journey then clearly all your peers are stepping pass that same piece of shit. Instead of walking alone, why not go through it by assisting each other along the way? One for all, all for one. One chopstick breaks easily, one bunch of chopsticks won't necessary be as fragile. Make an attempt to show people the nicest side of you and I'm sure people will reciprocate and mirror your effort. There's a saying in Mandarin: 你怕黑吗?黑有什么好怕?(Are you afraid of the dark? What is so scary about the dark?) :ph34r: Go in with this state of mind. What is so scary about darkness after all? It's just a phase before dawn breaks.

Supernatural as it suggests is super than it is natural. You think, I thought but who confirm? Surely deserted places like abandoned buildings, old hospitals, dense forests will emit that 'artificial aura'. Remember rumors are man-made. It can be biodegradable as well :lol: Resolve all of them! It's all in the mind.

If it helps, make yourself a pseudo-straight guy for 2 years okay? Go in thinking that you admire the female gender actually more than you do. Or just be an asexual. I find that guys are more homophobic in nature. So don't expect them to be so understanding to differences in sexual preferences. This is not another Netherlands yet. With people from all walks of life in your platoon, you will definitely hear insensitive comments about gays and the cynical stereotyping resulting from their ignorance. It's not as thought the word 'I'm gay' is carved on our forehead. Just act normal and people won't realize. Often, it takes one to sport the same. What's common in all humans? We have a brain, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 mouth and nose, a body with 2 hands and 2 legs. Cause 'god' wants us to listen more than we talk. Listen more and talk less to avoid making redundant mistakes.

Being a thinker is an asset in-built in you. Embrace it but don't let it gets over you. It's mind over body. Think carefully, process your information before you say or act. Just go in with an open mind and embrace the diversity you'll be seeing. You might get a culture shock at first but take it as a crash course to the authentic Singapore culture presented to you naked. Nice~

People might be shouting at each other, throwing vulgarities in the different dialects but they mean no harm. Pick up some and start swearing with them? Free language classes :clap: The 'pumping' (push-ups) you received from your superior as 'gifts' will eventually manifest as one. Pump it up pump it up.

Welcome to Singapore. :B) I'll also be going in soon to walk through it with the remaining Singaporean sons.

Training to be solider, fight for our land, once in a life, two years of our time... We want it to be free, to be free. YAY! :whistle:

Guest Wank Cafe

You know something, its your mindset .... take the BMT as BTM (BoTToM). You are going to enjoy it and also the new friends you're going to make (love) with. Where do you find on earth, to have so many men showering together, the bodies, the sweaty smell, the hairy legs and arm pits ... I wish i can go back to ns again. you may also meet your bf in there. You go NS as a Boy and come out as a Man.

There are so many 'what ifs'.. in life. What if I am ...what if I am not...what if..what if..

Well, regardless whatever it is. You still had to serve your 2 yrs. The boat will get straighten up when it reaches the harbour. 传到桥头自然直.

You said you are afraid that you will have a hard time. So long as you follow instructions and do what you are told, you will not have a hard time, except you might just wake up 'hard' every morning.

You said you are not the type that socialize, well, you want friends, then you better start socializing, otherwise, you will fulfill your self fulfilling prophecy of having no friends.

You said you are afraid of the dark. The best thing to do about conquering your fear is the FACE it. There may or may not be supernatural things around, but you should be more fearful of people than something that may or may not be there. Because how you enjoy your 2 yrs is how you interact with the people around you. It can be a holiday or it can be hell. It's just how you live it.

Well, you can control yourself right? How can you give yourself away by accident about your sexuality, unless you purposely wear sexy lacy underwear or g-string, or your purposely walk and talk like some diva or sista or you keep staring at naked guys in the toilet, etc. So long as you keep your sexuality to yourself and not flaunt it and respects yourself and others, your platoon mates will respect you.

Another thing you need to have is POSITIVE Attitude. If you are going to be so negative, I am certain that your life in army would be a torture everyday, regardless if you have good or bad officers/camp mates, etc.

The guys in camp will have to same anxiety as you as you have yours. So just relax and enjoy your 2 yrs and try not to fxxk up.

Agree with Gachi

First you put yourself to zero expectation.

Next - stop imagining how bad it could be.

Third - this is a new experience. Relish it.

If you are so desperate to take a peek, go to youtube and search cyberpioneertv. They have a mini-documentary about BMT from chapter 1 to chapter dunno how many i.e. from prelistment to Passing out Ceremony of a group of Recruits...

a must see for all to oogle at uniforms and cute bods... many there in the background and those who the documentary follow tru thier BMT journey. it is well worth your time to go see it.

put link here. NO.

you go search for it on youtube. i aleady spelt it out for you... the sub-heading is Every Singaporean Son... quite well made

have fun watching.

For those who already served decades ago, look at it again... new pixel uniforms!! new faces... if only can transmit the smell of the sweat, the dirt and the texture of feeling...

damn... hard leow......

===============

Aiyah, the Singapore Sons is at the beginning of this post lah http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=19253&view=findpost&p=171790

Gachi

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.