Male HQ

Cantonese 80'S Old Series Songs

jason

I'm starting a thread on cantonese 80's old series songs. Was at the market this morning and it brought back sweet memories of my childhood at grandma's house when I heard some 80's series songs were played at a stall. I can't find other 2 songs of the other 天龙八步 series (recalled there were 4 separate parts) but managed to find only 2. any1 know what's the song names ?

hope brothers who share similar likings can join in. :rolleyes:

京华春梦歌

http://www.mghy.com/music/1406/27132.htm

网中人歌

http://www.56.com/u62/v_MjIzMjUyMTE.html

天龙八步

http://www.aiting.com/musicData/play/3383.html

http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f2589610o1p48.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esd25rvj7uE

Just to watch tons of Cantonese stuff with my Cantonese nanny from HKG when I was a kid.

Just love the way she swears and bitches in Cantonese !!!

Her unforgettable bitch line when she saw two effeminate guys once, she said ( in direct translation )

"See those two bloody jinx face, if not flower , then must be vegetable !! "

For those who can understand Cantonese, you know how bitchy that sounds directly

This song is for that old bitch who took care of me for 8 years, died 9 years ago in her sleep at the age of 82, who smoked two packets a day, drank 4 glass of hard liquor everyday, taught me mahjong and gave me my first cigarette at 6.

Miss you.

Edited by TheVisitors

Thanks to TheVisitors ! YES! this is the other song I'm looking for! think there's still one more song ?

who is the original singer of the version you've posted ?

the version which i posted earlier is a bit spoooky bços it featured a late actress who acted in the serial and committed suicide (forgot the reason which led to her death liao) and it was sooooo sensational at that time ! it was reported that her spirit was restless by HK & local chinese papers eg. WANBAO etc. those were the days before IT :rolleyes:

Edited by jason

王语嫣 & TheVisitors - Thanks to both of you ! Finally found complete set of songs ! Made my day on Deepavali! are you guys in S'pore ? 王语嫣 do u have email ? mine is jason193@hotmail.com :thumb:

brothers who like canto songs, pls feel free to share :clap:

Guest 王语嫣

I dun know 武功, 却熟读各派武学秘笈,能看出各家武功招式 ... When my 表哥慕容复 not in, you can come to 曼陀山庄 to look for me to discuss lar. :lol: :lol: *wink*

王语嫣 & TheVisitors - Thanks to both of you ! Finally found complete set of songs ! Made my day on Deepavali! are you guys in S'pore ? 王语嫣 do u have email ? mine is jason193@hotmail.com :thumb:

brothers who like canto songs, pls feel free to share :clap:

Haha yes we from from SGP. no prob. Heres another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTmGC5RW9sw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljn96C3Z3pY

My fav characters were Mui QiuFong ( Mei ChaoFeng) and Lei Mok Siow (Lee Mo Chou)

Both have very strong character and fascinating

I read the books before.

The books somehow can describe their inner thoughts, fear and suffering.

When these two so called vicious chararcer died, I actually felt very sorry for them, and cried when they met their deaths.

Edited by TheVisitors

Guest dark_jedi

this is so classic!!.. i remember this!!...

that time when the series was being aired, i think the shin min daily news or wanbao was publishing the storyline daily so i was cutting it out and collecting the story haha...

on a side-note, there was an old HK canto-drama featuring leon lai... very longtime ago, about time-travel or something? can't recall clearly... the theme song was quite nice...

I grabbed the canto 80s drama series songs 3CDs in 1 pack for $7 at the market par sa malam stall this morning once I heard all these familiar songs ! else the uncle gone and would regret! good deal!

where can i get old canto songs ? seen chinatown market, there's a HUGE CD shop which sells many chinese, canto operas and songs. any idea available there ?

This is regarding Barbera Yong's death which you maybe interested to know.

This version was told by a HKG friend of mine, who works in the HKG media industry, so what I post here, I do not mean to offend anyone, if you should disagree.

Everyone seems to blame Kent Tong for causing Barbera to commit suicide. Some rumoured that she was the daughter of the HKG famous late actress Ling Feng, who also committed suicide. Rumour has it that Barbera was born out of wedlock.

This was told to me 3 years ago.

It was regarding the news of an ex-convict , who was just released from the prison after serving a 20 years sentence, committing bank robbery.

He apparently went to a Father to confess his sins. The Father told him, that since he had already served 20yeas in jail,his penalty is over.

But the man revealed he committed a sin which he could never forgive himself till today.

Before the robbery, he and a few more other guys were paid and hired by the secret trial group in HKG, to abduct a famous young actress, and gang rape her. It was a prize she had to pay for offending people inside the trial.

Because it was so long ago and were no real concrete evidences to conduct an official investigation, one was quietly conducted behind closed door.

It was discovered, Barbera committed suicide a few days after the confessed paid act. It was said she took her life because of the shame, and the blame was transferred to Kent's account.

Remember the rumour what happened to Carina Lau during that period?

I also have a version regarding what led to her being " abused " but its is not relevant to post here.

A few years ago, after Lydia Sum's death, her ex husband Adam Chen, was slammed by her friends, but he revealed a little, how Lydia was indirectly linked to Barbera's death. But the news was quickly swept under the carpet.

Thus I am merely sharing another version I have heard, and I am not here to raise a debate, whose right or wrong.

But the most important is , we should all hope Barbera's soul is at rest.

It was very sad to lose such a pretty and very talented young actress.

Will always remeber her superb acting when she played Huang Rong.

I'm starting a thread on cantonese 80's old series songs. Was at the market this morning and it brought back sweet memories of my childhood at grandma's house when I heard some 80's series songs were played at a stall. I can't find other 2 songs of the other 天龙八步 series (recalled there were 4 separate parts) but managed to find only 2. any1 know what's the song names ?

hope brothers who share similar likings can join in. :rolleyes:

京华春梦歌

http://www.mghy.com/music/1406/27132.htm

网中人歌

http://www.56.com/u62/v_MjIzMjUyMTE.html

天龙八步

http://www.aiting.com/musicData/play/3383.html

http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f2589610o1p48.html

FYI, just saw in Straits Times today, Night of HK TV Themes Songs will be at held at S'pore Indoor Stadium on Jan 15 2011. Artiste like Adam Cheng, Teresa Cheung, Lawrence Ng, Susan Tse will perform popular HK TV serial theme songs from the 70's & 80's. This gig to mark the 50 anniversary of Crown Records which produces the songs.

FYI, just saw in Straits Times today, Night of HK TV Themes Songs will be at held at S'pore Indoor Stadium on Jan 15 2011. Artiste like Adam Cheng, Teresa Cheung, Lawrence Ng, Susan Tse will perform popular HK TV serial theme songs from the 70's & 80's. This gig to mark the 50 anniversary of Crown Records which produces the songs.

This is serve as a collective reply to a few Pms I have regarding Lydia Sum.

Thr version of this news, may offend people who are still fans of hers.

What I heard and learn internally from HKG friends that, because of her long reputable presence and service in the HKG media, she was somehow a very "Big Sister" in that scene.

However, it was said, she was connected very closely with the Secret Trial Society in Hkg, and thus she was a female Mafia there in that sense.

It was said the any girls inspiring to be famous actress, must go through her for "screening" and contribute some " tips" to her.

Being the Alpha female there, the rest of the female actress were not spared from her laid down rules.

They in turn have to give her some contributions and may have to do her some favours if she wants them to.

Being brought up in England, Barbera Yong had a very different mind set from the local Hkg girls.

It was also said she was charismatic likeable, witty but wilful and rebellious as the Huang Rong character that she played.

This was how they speculated the two ladies crash in character wise, and thus it is not surprising Barbera Yong directly offended the Secret trial back then.

If you could remember, during Lydia's funeral. Adam did brought up her "misdeeds" with Barbera. Adam also explained why he chosed to divorce Lydia, as he could no longer tolerate her natural bossy character and many of her under doings.

The above news I shared, came from friends who worked internally with the Hkg media.

Edited by TheVisitors

I couldn't find the original song track for Li MoChou"s infamous poem...

This version is comparably as good asthe 80s, describing the pain and sadness of the ill fated villain.

But of course the 80s version had this distinct touch of Cantonese favour.

Anyone can find tha version and post it here?

• 1 month later...

revisited this site and tried listening to some of the songs but found some songs have been removed due to copyright issue. YouTube knows whether got people copy their songs meh ?

I particularly like this song 情义真 by 关菊英 which was contributed by TheVisitors but unfortunately it has been removed. Is my spelling of the song 情义真 in chinese correct ? can't locate in YouTube.

Happy New Year brothers ! :rolleyes:

remembered that there's a CD shop at Chinatown 2nd floor above CK which sells alot of chinese operas, hokkien, mandarin and cantonese CDs, DVDs. Since RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES is a classic, do you think they have albumns of the main and sub themes CDs songs ?

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for including the theme songs of my favourite cantonese series which I adored very much. In fact, becos of this series, I began to take note of the two main characters...the male and female lead stars.

Hope to listen to more of these theme songs which reminded me of my fond past...

Anyone keen to form a club to enjoy listening to these songs together...

Hahaha...for old time sake...

cheers :clap:

remembered that there's a CD shop at Chinatown 2nd floor above CK which sells alot of chinese operas, hokkien, mandarin and cantonese CDs, DVDs. Since RETURN OF THE CONDOR HEROES is a classic, do you think they have albumns of the main and sub themes CDs songs ?

You should try to look for this double album - 娛樂經典光芒五十年 (2CD)

CD 1

01. 萬水千山總是情 - 汪明荃

02. 啼笑姻緣 - 仙杜拉

03. 狂潮 - 關菊英

04. 勇敢的中國人 - 汪明荃

05. 用愛將心偷 - 汪明荃

06. 小李飛刀 - 羅文

07. 京華春夢 - 汪明荃

08. 鮮花滿月樓 - 張德蘭

09. 田園春夢 - 關菊英/伍衞國

10. 心事 - 黃綺嘉

11. 家變 - 羅文

12. 願君心記取 - 張德蘭

13. 倚天屠龍記 - 鄭少秋

14. 心有千千結 - 鍾玲玲石修

15. 圓月彎刀 - 羅文/汪明荃

CD 2

01. 乘風破浪 - 楊詩蒂

02. 萊茵河之戀 - 麥潔文

03. 愛在心內暖 - 鄭少秋/李芷玲

04. 無敵是最寂寞 - 鄭少秋

05. 陸小鳳 - 鄭少秋

06. 芸娘 - 華娃

07. 紅豆相思 - 鮑翠薇

08. 像白雲像清風 - 汪明荃

09. 誓要入刀山 - 鄭少秋

10. 輪流轉 - 鄭少秋

11. 歲月留聲 - 陳松齡

12. 一劍鎮神州 - 鄭少秋

13. 雨中康乃馨 - 陳美齡

14. 近代豪俠傳 - 關正傑

15. 沒有你之後 - 溫兆倫

I think you can find it in those bigger CD shop in Chinatown.

Call me a sentimental uncle by all means, but I actually had converted these 70/80s theme songs into MP3 and played in on my iPhone 4. Also grab a copy of the DVD which feature extracts of the concert played the evergreen singers. The concert was held in Aug 2010, in conjunction with 50 years of 娱乐唱片。

Guest Centrino

I'm surprised no one brought this theme song up...

Remember watching the serial in 1980...30 years ago! The young Zhang Guorong, Wan Ziliang...in those days ATV reigned surpreme...things are so different today....

Edited by Centrino

I'm surprised no one brought this theme song up...

Remember watching the serial in 1980...30 years ago! The young Zhang Guorong, Wan Ziliang...in those days ATV reigned surpreme...things are so different today....

ha! another nice show! could only recalled that the wealthy ah peh tycoon ended up very miserable at his sunset years being mistreated by his beloved daugher or mistress (can't recall liao)

Guest Centrino

ha! another nice show! could only recalled that the wealthy ah peh tycoon ended up very miserable at his sunset years being mistreated by his beloved daugher or mistress (can't recall liao)

Haha... anyone who has seen this serial is probably at least in his/her late 30s by now...

He was murdered by his son-in-law, and his daughter became mad after that...

managed to get a copy of the SHEN DIAO XIA NU and SHE DIAO YING XIONG main and sub titles songs plus other HK serials from the CD shop at Chinatown Food and market centre, just above CK fashion. 3 CDs cost only $7.90 and another 1 CD $3. GOOD GRAB!

WISHING ALL BROTHERS HERE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR ! 恭喜恭喜!

Edited by jason

talking of these old kung fu series, i always looked forward seeing those MALE actors appear topless to have their wounds treated after a kung fu fight with another clan members or enemies. at that time still a kid, got gay tendencies liao ! anyone here sama sama ? :lol: :clap:

talking of these old kung fu series, i always looked forward seeing those MALE actors appear topless to have their wounds treated after a kung fu fight with another clan members or enemies. at that time still a kid, got gay tendencies liao ! anyone here sama sama ? :lol: :clap:

Hello Jason I am back. You mean something like these ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9TdoP3_pvM

This is Alexandra Fu Shen in 70s/80s version of She Diao Ying Xiong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZpdOCOwuJU

Or this one. This one makes me laugh bec his weapon is ridiculously ugly clumsy and heavy. Looks like he's fighting with an oversized Academy Oscar award medal. But who cares, just admire their topless hot bods.

• 4 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic