Male HQ

Cantonese 80'S Old Series Songs

jason

Leslie Cheung & Anita Mui were among the best Cantonese singers in the 80s.
It is very sad that both have died in 2003 and a great loss to the music industry.
Enjoy the following nostalgia MVs:

Edited by jcho

Song series theme songs has been sung by different singers and the effect is also different.

For example the theme song from TVB series 啼笑因緣 (Lovers Destiny) is orginally sung by 仙杜拉 (Sandra Lang). This song has also been performed by 甄妮 (Jenny Tseng) and 梅艷芳(Anita Mui).

All 3 singers are veteran Canto singers and each has their own unique style, which one do you prefer ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhYKTCTc1I

Guest Alan Tam's Fan

another oldie but goodie from the turbulent decade by hk legend alan tam:

This song recalls my oldie days. I download the MP3 song from baidu immediately. Still playing the song repetitively till now, till I go to bed.

• 1 month later...
Guest passerby

Any bros here knows if I can cut songs from YOUTUBE into CD so that I can play in CD player ?

Can write down step by step guide pls as I am not IT savy

oiyoh thought most songs in mp3 format can be found online liao, why need to rip from youtube leh?

Anyway if you really need to, firebox or google chrome have extensions that will enable you to extract the audio files from youtube.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest anita mui fan

No other HK female singers can be compared to her. They can either sing or act or dance or host, but Anita can do ALL. And her song genre ranges from pop to opera, which till now HK has not found anyone as talented.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esd25rvj7uE

Just to watch tons of Cantonese stuff with my Cantonese nanny from HKG when I was a kid.

Just love the way she swears and bitches in Cantonese !!!

Her unforgettable bitch line when she saw two effeminate guys once, she said ( in direct translation )

"See those two bloody jinx face, if not flower , then must be vegetable !! "

For those who can understand Cantonese, you know how bitchy that sounds directly

This song is for that old bitch who took care of me for 8 years, died 9 years ago in her sleep at the age of 82, who smoked two packets a day, drank 4 glass of hard liquor everyday, taught me mahjong and gave me my first cigarette at 6.

Miss you.

This has to be my all time favourite!!!! I just rewatched the entire series haha

• 1 month later...

Found 1985 Hong Kong Year End Top Hits Awards.

The opening was a medley. It's a trip down memory lane. All the singers like Leslie, Anita, Alan Tam, George Lam and Sam Hui in their heydays. There's even Jacky Cheung before he was 歌神.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UDkQb28mHQ

Edited by glowingember

After all, tomorrow is another day. ~ S O'Hara

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

I've just returned from HK and listened to some classic song there but couldnt figure out its name. The only thing i can remember is the video, where a guy with a black bird or something like that sang on stage. As long as I remember the guy wore bright (white) clothes. Seemed to be very popular among the KTV singers there. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Hi all,

I've just returned from HK and listened to some classic song there but couldnt figure out its name. The only thing i can remember is the video, where a guy with a black bird or something like that sang on stage. As long as I remember the guy wore bright (white) clothes. Seemed to be very popular among the KTV singers there. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

you can't rem a line or two ?

The song was sung by a guy. Unfortunately I can only speak Mandarin, thats why I can't remember any of the lyrics. Seemed to be a pretty blue and emotional song.

• 6 months later...

There is a new tvb program on classic oldies. Hosted by Liza Wang & Adam Cheng. The theme for episode 1 is classic wuxia tv series theme songs.

由汪明荃(Liza姐)、鄭少秋(秋官)、林曉峰主持的經典金曲節目《Sunday靚聲王》,廣邀不同年代的靚聲歌手,配合每集主題演繹經典歌曲,將「那些年」的國語金曲、歐西流行曲、經典情歌、合唱歌、民歌等一一放送,首首耳熟能詳、令人聽出耳油!而兼為樂壇唱將的Liza姐與秋官,自然也會親自上陣送歌!一小時的節目時間中,我們不妨放鬆心情,隨着靚聲的牽引回到過去,重溫美好時光!

No offence but NO!
NOT 陈慧娴 !
Don't like 口水歌 churning whore.

傻女
Original: Maria Conchita Alonso - La Loca
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fxe9zy_sNU

夜机
Original: Nicole - So viele Lieder sind in mir
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvecD1s8fjE

飘雪
Original: 原由子 - 花咲く旅路
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA7ClXi9jf4

归来吧
Original: 陳小霞 - 傀儡尪仔
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsb41kvexBc

千千闕歌
Original: 近藤真彦 - 夕焼けの歌
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fy4IkW9OE

红茶馆
Original: 平浩二 - Bus Stop
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnOf0-I1dR0

No offence but NO!

NOT 陈慧娴 !

Don't like 口水歌 churning whore.

Thank you for posting.  I did not realise so many of the songs she sang were cover versions. 

It was thougthful of you to post the links to the (I am sure were the) originals.  I would have never been able to find these on youtube.  

• Guest locked this topic