Male HQ

Cost Of Hiv Drugs In Singapore

Guest needing your help

Guest needing your help

I was wondering if anyone can help and give me a idea of the cost of HIV drugs in Singapore and if it is best to go to some were like Thailand and buy them there cheaper as i have heard that a lot of fake drugs have been found to be sold there

Thank you

Fake drugs in Thailand? Yes or No thing. It is depending where you bought the drugs.

In Thailand there are many big drug store/pharma i.e boots or maybe you could get your prescribe thru the local hospital.

If you refering to HIV medication, I think there's only one cocktail tablet. Its known as Z 250. I have bought several bottles in Bangkok (on behalf of my friends). The reputable pharmacies may be found along Rama IV or, Boots pharmacies all over Bangkok. But please do not try to self medicate yourself. There are side effects to the drugs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was wondering if anyone can help and give me a idea of the cost of HIV drugs in Singapore and if it is best to go to some were like Thailand and buy them there cheaper as i have heard that a lot of fake drugs have been found to be sold there

Thank you

Recently, I just had a friend return from Bangkok on a HIV medication shopping spree thinking it's cheaper. But it turned out that it's still cheaper to get it here in Singapore, so the trip was wasted and he ended up having a lot of massages instead. There are no fake HIV drugs unless if you buy them from unreliable sources, but if you have a prescription they can only sell you genuine medication. Only difference price wise I can tell you is between the generic or original drugs. For example original can cost $1000 while generic can cost only $100. Hope this helps.

Only to lie like this between the bombs, dreaming away and not alone, because time was very short.

• 1 year later...
Guest Gerald

21/07/2012

Hi All,

Can anyone advise the best place to buy Truvada and Stocorin in Bkk ?

what is the current price of Truvada and Stocorin now in Bkk?

any address of reliable pharmacy in bkk ?

what about online usa / ca pharmacies, are they safe to buy and delivers real drugs ?

Guest Maniputra

Recently, I just had a friend return from Bangkok on a HIV medication shopping spree thinking it's cheaper. But it turned out that it's still cheaper to get it here in Singapore, so the trip was wasted and he ended up having a lot of massages instead. There are no fake HIV drugs unless if you buy them from unreliable sources, but if you have a prescription they can only sell you genuine medication. Only difference price wise I can tell you is between the generic or original drugs. For example original can cost $1000 while generic can cost only $100. Hope this helps.

I heard it is cheaper than Singapore.

But if wants to add costs or entertainment, massages and money boys etc, of cos, it is stupid to compare prices based on acrrued spendings.

can anyone advise latest prices in BKK for HIV drugss?

Guest Social Worker

I wonder will the costs of HIV drugs inflates, as the stupid news and mediacorp keeps reporting that it can be used to fight HIV, so many may rush to buy, thus inflating the prices. anyone can comments ?

• 2 weeks later...
21/07/2012 Hi All, Can anyone advise the best place to buy Truvada and Stocorin in Bkk ? what is the current price of Truvada and Stocorin now in Bkk? any address of reliable pharmacy in bkk ? what about online usa / ca pharmacies, are they safe to buy and delivers real drugs ?
I heard it is cheaper than Singapore. But if wants to add costs or entertainment, massages and money boys etc, of cos, it is stupid to compare prices based on acrrued spendings. can anyone advise latest prices in BKK for HIV drugss?

I'm buying Stocrin and the generic version of Truvada from BKK Red Cross. You need a prescription to get the medication though. I don't have the breakdown of the cost of each type, but each month's worth of medication cost less than 2000 baht, which is less than 80 SGD.

For those who are contemplating getting medication without proper diagnosis, I would seriously advise against as improper medication and lack of proper medical supervision may lead to other potentially serious medical conditions. Hope this help.

Guest 26mths HIV+

Hi Walking Dead! Its been quite sometimes, i am glad that you are doing well and coping fine with life.

I am not sure if you still remember me, "18mths HIV+" where we chat on IRC when you are so worried that time... :)

Time flies, i am now 26mths HIV+... Btw, i am still taking Stocrin but I have replace Truvada with another brand name Ricovir-em (Same ingredient).

Ricovir-em is so much cheaper than Truvada by i think SGD50 different. My doctor approved me to take it since it saves money. Stretch that $$.

The difference is one made in India and the latest Ricovir-em is from Germany.

Still i think BKK Red Cross is the cheapest! :)

Jiayou and live on with hope! Help advise those in need like i used to help you! Wish You ALL THE BEST! :)

Hi Walking Dead! Its been quite sometimes, i am glad that you are doing well and coping fine with life.

I am not sure if you still remember me, "18mths HIV+" where we chat on IRC when you are so worried that time... :)

Time flies, i am now 26mths HIV+... Btw, i am still taking Stocrin but I have replace Truvada with another brand name Ricovir-em (Same ingredient).

Ricovir-em is so much cheaper than Truvada by i think SGD50 different. My doctor approved me to take it since it saves money. Stretch that $$.

The difference is one made in India and the latest Ricovir-em is from Germany.

Still i think BKK Red Cross is the cheapest! :)

Jiayou and live on with hope! Help advise those in need like i used to help you! Wish You ALL THE BEST! :)

Hey 26 mths :)

Yep of course I remember you. Been always wanting to thank you for the advice earlier on. Yeah actually to clarify I an also taking Ricovir (the generic Truvada I was referring to since it's essentially the same chemical composition, just that I didn't remember the brand name when I typed my post) it's really cheap to get it from BBK Red Cross. Do drop me a line if you've gotten an account and want to chat ya ?

All the best and take care. I hope to see you eventually post as 260 mths and beyond :D:D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Leanfitboyish87

Hello all,

I was googling on the drug ricovir em and chanced upon this website and am glad that I did because I didn't know there's such a pretty active forum talking about HIV drugs in sg.

I got tested early this year and am on truvada and efavirenz for about 3months. My doc issued me a 6mpnths prescription recently and I just came back from Thai red cross last night. However, instead of getting truvada, I bought ricovir em instead because it is way cheaper and the worker told me its exactly the same. I read that both are made up of the same components but I'm still a little worried. Will call up my social worker tomorrow to check with her.

I have the price of truvada, ricovir em and stocrin(efavirenz) by red cross. If anyone needs to check, let me know :) and yes red cross needs prescription from the doctor and they only dispense up to 6months of medication each time. That's the latest update I have. :)

There are many reasons why HIV drugs/treatment fail and some of them have been listed above.

I'm working with AfA and I can vouch there there are no such "licensed" drug dealers who can offer to go buy drugs for you from Thailand.

We do not, and have never offered any licenses to anyone for this. HSA and MOH will shut us down!

Taking HIV drugs without follow up and a prescription is dangerous and potentially lethal, not scaring you here, but that's just how it is.

With any long term medication, the key is to have frequent follow up and monitoring of how your body takes to it.

Liver, kidney, blood, cholesterol and other long-term side effect can put undue stress onto your body.

HIV can be managed, and with recent research showing that with the right treatment it prolong life for anywhere between 30-50 years.

My suggestion is, call the coordinators at AfA (62540212) or email me at avin.tan@afa.org.sg

Find out more and how we can help to:

1) seek treatment in Singapore (which is often cheaper)

2) access to quality generic medication

3) access to counselling and follow up

4) application of medical subsidies to lower your cost of treatment

Seeking treatment in Singapore has many benefits and often prove to be cheaper then going oversees.

Once you get the prescription from NUH, SGH or CDC (TTSH), you can start buying drugs with your medisave/medifunds or through us. It should cost between $80 to $160 for the usual prescribed line. Consultation and blood test fees cost anywhere between $100 - $300. you are also able to access your doctor if emergencies arise.

Your doctors in Thailand or JB will not be able to respond to you quick enough if you ever need help.

Service quality in the above hospitals are comparable to those in Thailand and have improved so much as compared to those in the early 1990s.

Things are different and we have many clients who seek treatment in Singapore, without ever letting anyone know.

They take pride in keeping your information confidential, and only your doctors know. No one, even your employees can call in and request for information.

Take care and give us a call alright?

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I was googling on the drug ricovir em and chanced upon this website and am glad that I did because I didn't know there's such a pretty active forum talking about HIV drugs in sg.

I got tested early this year and am on truvada and efavirenz for about 3months. My doc issued me a 6mpnths prescription recently and I just came back from Thai red cross last night. However, instead of getting truvada, I bought ricovir em instead because it is way cheaper and the worker told me its exactly the same. I read that both are made up of the same components but I'm still a little worried. Will call up my social worker tomorrow to check with her.

I have the price of truvada, ricovir em and stocrin(efavirenz) by red cross. If anyone needs to check, let me know :) and yes red cross needs prescription from the doctor and they only dispense up to 6months of medication each time. That's the latest update I have. :)

Hello all,

Hi, was wondering is it alright to bring in 6 months of medication back through the customs.? No problems so far?

Been pondering about making a trip to BKK ...anyone going soon...?

Guest survivor

Im thinking of going to BKK mid Oct to buy meds. I've not bought from BKK before. Is Raltegravir(Issentress) available at the Red Cross?

Guest Leanfitboyish87

Hello JusD,

I am making a trip to BKK in mid Oct to get my medication. What medication are you on? Maybe you should set up an account here so we can communicate through messaging =)

Hello -survivor-,

I am not too sure about that. Are you currently on medication? You bought it locally?

Whether it's locally or overseas, maintain a consistent, lengthy health report with one health provider is the best course of action. This is because only through long term health care, will the doctor be able to tell you if the medication is doing it's job.

Remember, HAART itself can also be very toxic. So, not only must you take care of the chronic illness, you must also take care of the side effects e.g elevated liver ezymes. And please, take your medication consistently. Stay alive. It won't be long before a generic form of "One pill a day" solution is found. Sooner or later, I suppose once-a-month medication is also possible.

Maybe, even once-a-year.

Whatever the case, take care of your health by taking your medication on time and consistently. You really do not want to develop a virus that is difficult to treat. Best of health and wealth to one and all.

Guest Stefan

Hello all,

I was in BKK beginning of last month and I bought some (6) bottles of Ricovir-EM. It is chaper (1020 Bath at the Thai Red Cross, a little bit more in the hospital) than Truvada (about 2400 Bath). I got a receipe from the Christian Bangkok Hospital. They wanted to sell me Truvada, but I said I wanted to buy it outside. Then they said, that they won't give you a receipe but at least I got one and bought the drugs at the Thai Red Cross. I didn't know, that the numbers of tablets are limited, but at least you can go twice (better go to different doctors) to get the drugs.

Guest Leanfitboyish87

Hello Stefan,

My doctor dont allow me to take ricovir-em! So I have 6 bottles of them lying in my cupboard now. Anyone here take ricovir-em and dont mind buying it from me?

Guest Stefan

Hello Stefan,

My doctor dont allow me to take ricovir-em! So I have 6 bottles of them lying in my cupboard now. Anyone here take ricovir-em and dont mind buying it from me?

Hello Stefan,

Hello Newbie,

So do you know, why your doctor told you, not to take Ricovir-EM. It contains the same ingediences like Truvada and the same dosis. I am afraid, I am too far away from you (Germany), Otherwise I would come over. All the best for you. :thumb:

Guest Stefan

Hello Leanfitboy,

Maybe your doctor doesn't trust the Thai medicaments, because he fears they might be fake. But if you bye it at the Thai Red Cross or a big hospital, they might be real.

Guest Stefan

I heard it is cheaper than Singapore.

But if wants to add costs or entertainment, massages and money boys etc, of cos, it is stupid to compare prices based on acrrued spendings.

can anyone advise latest prices in BKK for HIV drugss?

Hello Maniputry

1 Lamivudine 150 mg (3TC) LAMIVIR --- Price 360.00 (60 tab)

2 Lamivudine 300 mg (3TC) LAMIVIR--- Price 360.00 (30 tab)

3 Efavirenze 600 mg (EFV) STOCRIN--- Price 810.00 (30 tab)

4 Zidovudine 100 mg (AZT) ANTIVIR --- Price 450.00 (100 tab)

5 Tenofovir 300 mg (TDF) Viread Price 1,350.00 (30 tab)

6 Stavudine 30 mg (d4T) STAVIR Price 240.00 (60 tab)

7 Nevirapine 200 mg (NVP) NERAVIR Price540.00 (60 tab)

8 Lopinavir/Ritronavir 133.3/33.3 (LPV/r) Kaletra

Price5,400.00 (180 tab)

9 Lopinavir/Ritronavir 100/25 (LPV/r)Aluvia

Price 1,440.00 (60 tab)

10 Didanosine 250 mg (ddI) VIDEX*EC 250

Price2,430.00 (30 tab)

11 Didanosine 400 mg (ddI) VIDEX* Price3,750.00 (30 tab)

12 Abacavir 300 mg (ABC) Ziagenavir Price8,520.00 (60 tab)

13 Ritonavir 100 mg (RTV) Norvir Price 3,024.00 (84 tab)

14 Darunavir 300 mg (DRV) PREZISTA Price 12,000.00 (120 tab)

15 Indinavir 400 mg (IDV) CRIXIVAN Price 2,160.00 (180 tab)

16 Atazanavir 200 mg (ATV) REYATAZ Price 9,750.00 (60 tab)

17 Atazanavir 300 mg (ATV) REYATAZ Price 8,640.00 (30 tab)

18 Saquinavir 500 mg (SQV) Invirase Price 9,600.00 (120 tab)

19 AZT 300 mg+3TC 150 mg Zilavir Price 930.00 (60 tab)

20 3TC 150 mg+NVP 200 mg+d4T 30 mg GPO-VIR S30

Price 750.00 (60 tab)

21 3TC 150 mg+NVP 200 mg+AZT 250 mg GPO-VIR Z250

Price 870.00 (60 tab)

22 TDF 300 mg+FTC 200 mg Truvada Price 2,100.00 (30 tab)

23 Etraverine 200 mg Intelence Price 10,200.00 (120 tab)

24 Tenofovir 300 Tenofovir (India) Price 810.00 (30 tab)

25 Raltegravir 400 ISENTRESS Price 16,680.00 (60 tab)

Urine Therapy

For the HIV+ and those with AIDS or those fearing they may have caught it, may I suggest you Google " HIV and Urine Therapy" and similar searches.

From what I have read, your own urine contains a cocktail of antibodies, antigen and body substances that may boost your own immunity. And there have been testimonials of improvements in HIV, AIDs condition.

I am not advocating not going to see a doctor or not taking HIV medication. I am just sharing what I think is another avenue for information. I have been using UT for years and am in good health.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Just join this fantastic forum. My doc is writing prescription for me to get medicine in BKK. If anyone going to travel to BKK around this week. Please PM me, need some guidance or advice when purchasing the medicine, kind advice is needed.

Thanks guys!

Guest Topman

Hi All,

Do Thai Red Cross and other Thai hospitals accept prescription from foreign doctor/hospital, or they only accept prescription from Thai docs? (mean I need to see doc in Thailand first?). How many months of medication can you buy at a time? Because I want to go study overseas and will want to buy at least 1 year of medication.

Hi guys,

Just join this fantastic forum. My doc is writing prescription for me to get medicine in BKK. If anyone going to travel to BKK around this week. Please PM me, need some guidance or advice when purchasing the medicine, kind advice is needed.

Thanks guys!

Make your way to Rama IV. The address is 942/25, Chula Bhesaj.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alone n Afraid

Hi all I have reasons to suspect I might have HIV/AIDS. I want to find out the answer and get treatment soonest but am worried about registering this status with the government. Any advise for me? Thanks in advance.

Dear Alone n Afraid,

If you suspect that you may have HIV/AIDS, get yourself check. There is a lot of stigma over the issue of a person who is HIV/AIDS in Singapore still. But please think over this - if you seek treatment in Singapore, you will have to be registered with MOH. But it will be confidential. If you seek treatment overseas, think of the time and cost of travelling overseas to seek treatment. You have to think of the long run. Talk to AFA if you are in doubt. They are there to help. :)

Think over it carefully.

Dear Alone n Afraid,

If you suspect that you may have HIV/AIDS, get yourself check. There is a lot of stigma over the issue of a person who is HIV/AIDS in Singapore still. But please think over this - if you seek treatment in Singapore, you will have to be registered with MOH. But it will be confidential. If you seek treatment overseas, think of the time and cost of travelling overseas to seek treatment. You have to think of the long run. Talk to AFA if you are in doubt. They are there to help. :)

Think over it carefully.

Guest Jerucho

In Singapore, for anonymous test centers, they don't register you. You are tagged by numbers, so it's safe. :)

This is true. I just did my test for the first time at a registered clinic. No identification/registration required. You are issued a number, fill up a very short and simple questionnaire and that's it. The number flashed to take test and get results -both inside doctors room - Is just like when your number is flashed at a normal clinic. No one knows yr name.

Guest Alone n Afraid

i know the testing is anonymous. but once a person tests positive, the next step is to automatically follow-up with consultation, then it is no longer anonymous. how do i get anonymous consultations, check-ups & prescriptions? thailand? i just want to get the right treatment and live my life undisturbed should i be positive. many thanks for your replies!

i know the testing is anonymous. but once a person tests positive, the next step is to automatically follow-up with consultation, then it is no longer anonymous. how do i get anonymous consultations, check-ups & prescriptions? thailand? i just want to get the right treatment and live my life undisturbed should i be positive. many thanks for your replies!

You can go for the anonymous test and choose to follow up or not I believe.

How sure are you that you are infected? Did you have unprotected sex?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic