Male HQ

Dating Ideas - Where do couples go, What to do, Etc. (compiled)

snoppywoof

I saw once at Suntec City, Saturday night I was with my friend hanging around TOY R US there saw 2 guy holding guy and walk pass.. Quite handsome also.. then when leaving I saw them twice again holding each other hand and very close..

that's sweet.

I hope to see more committed gay couples on the street rather than seeing them indulging in stranger sex in some sauna/spa.

Guest Happylark

1) voluntary work at an organisation on sunday mornings.

2) food trail on weekends, where he drives us about singapore to binge like etopia kids.

3) paint ball match with our army mates at bottle tree park

4) fishing

5) cycling / jogging at ECP evenings

6) either of our places, if our parents aint around. and we'll test pit our recipes to see who makes the best meal

7) if either of us are on call, the other person will wait at the hospital's lounge.

8) heritage trail. china town, little india, war memorial grounds etc. snap snap away with dslr.

Guest darkflame

Haven't seen much gay couples around.

But I saw one at Suntec before. He was like rubbing his hand across his boyfriend's back.

I think the cutest couple I seen was when I was at my salon.

There were 2 men in office wear and were getting their hair cut. Both were very good looking and fit.

And since they were acting really like a couple, it doesn't need any effort to sense they were dating or even cohabiting.

1) voluntary work at an organisation on sunday mornings.

2) food trail on weekends, where he drives us about singapore to binge like etopia kids.

3) paint ball match with our army mates at bottle tree park

4) fishing

5) cycling / jogging at ECP evenings

6) either of our places, if our parents aint around. and we'll test pit our recipes to see who makes the best meal

7) if either of us are on call, the other person will wait at the hospital's lounge.

8) heritage trail. china town, little india, war memorial grounds etc. snap snap away with dslr.

Nice dating place and things to do with bf. If i have a bf, i wld also like to do the above things with him.

1.shopping for groceries together @ tampines mall/whitesands

2.take breakfast together @ a coffee shop nearby then go wet market buying some foods and supplies for the week

3.strolling together with our dog at the park nearby in the early morning or late evening

4.going on a road trip to malaysia

5.eating nice & tasty foods at chinatown during weekends and then stand near to 10men club's entrance to check out who's going into the spa :P

6. shopping at orchard road for sexy undergarments and nice clothing during weekends

7. go to work together in the morning

8. go jogging together

9. care for each others at our home (eg. cook and iron clothes for each others, etc)

and many more...

Hi... =)

usually we will begin with lunch, then our usual hangout will either be bugis street, or town area. and yeah we will be holding hands, so if you see two guys holding hands in public say hi, it might be me and my BF. hmm.. watch a movie together or maybe just chill at starbucks.. and if we are out at vivo, then we will usually be at mount faber till the wee hours of the morning just looking at the sky. then if the atmospher is there and neighter of us wan to leave each other, we will just book in a hotel somewhere. =)

usually town luuh, or catch a movie. can just hold hands and not care about the others. but if you are afraid of people judging you, then different story already luuh. =) for me, i dont care what people say. as long as i dont disturb others can alreeady what. =)

• 4 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years. During the courtship stage, it ALWAYS had to be something exciting and memorable like going to the Zoo (for me) or the Science Center (for him), roller blading for me and cycling for him and of course a movie every weekend (he's a movie nut and I just 'go along').

These days, we do our own things but still spend time together. He'll swim and I'll read the papers. I'll roller blade while he reads and naps by the beach. We catch lesser movies (he now knows I don't particularly enjoy being in a dark theater while it's sunny outside). We go to the libraries, toy flea markets, furniture stores, book stores, window shopping ...

I guess, we 'date' but more to the 'married couple' kind of dates ...

• 4 weeks later...

A smoking corner of the food court where he will smoke and drink while I feed the mosquitoes.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

usually we will begin with lunch, then our usual hangout will either be bugis street, or town area. and yeah we will be holding hands, so if you see two guys holding hands in public say hi, it might be me and my BF. hmm.. watch a movie together or maybe just chill at starbucks.. and if we are out at vivo, then we will usually be at mount faber till the wee hours of the morning just looking at the sky. then if the atmospher is there and neighter of us wan to leave each other, we will just book in a hotel somewhere. =)

usually town luuh, or catch a movie. can just hold hands and not care about the others. but if you are afraid of people judging you, then different story already luuh. =) for me, i dont care what people say. as long as i dont disturb others can alreeady what. =)

wahh...so nice haha I usually start with lunch too. Den movies and back to my hse~ Or we'll find some place to sit down and chat till his curfew is up~ Sad! Pity now single le...I always wanted to go ubin cycling with my bf. can go swimming, clubbing. Cook for each other~ Go out with other couples...haha

• 1 year later...

Lets share the places that you go or activities that you do when you go out for dates with ur bf :)

Singapore is a small place so there aren't many places to go even for straight ppl. And I think we have even fewer selection especially for the more discreet guys.

For me, it's always eat and eat and eat. We'll just find new places to eat. No wonder ppl say dating makes you fat. Haha. But it's getting a bit boring.

So lets see if there are any nice ideas to make dating more fun. :)

Ok, since I m currently single, I can only relate my friend's examples. My les friends, they well, besides eating together, they also go runnning, tanning at the beach, exercise together. Sometimes I join them in for a ktv session or two. So yea, I think all those examples are considered dates too haha and plus, exercising helps trim u down make each other look good ;) Oh I also invite them for shisha sessions and drinking/clubbing sessions haha. Ya sad life for me, being a third wheel and wld be good only if I were str8. haha..

Sometimes I give my heart away too easily.

I never really go on dates before. lol

but if i were to then i will want to:

-Go for exhibition and events (like harry potter exhibition. Anime fest. music concerts?)

-Play video games (playnation?) that compete against one another instead of co-op. it's more exciting bitching at one another. haha.

-Like Sepias said, Sports! i shall try ICESKATE BECAUSE OMGZ I NV TRY BEFORE! i shall try even tho i dont have any sports genes. Besides, i wont be sweating like some mad dog. And I suppose it's fun doing things that makes one another looks retarded.

-Go for a Shopping spree together occasionally (can shop together if u need opinion regarding stuff that u wanna buy, Though please, don't be shopping together for underwears or sex toys unless u're fine with people totally identifying u two as gay)

-if you have enough money, book a resort room and enjoy its facilities for a few days xD

Ok. Sorry I ain't some romantic guy ):

but actually i'm quite a home person so doing stuff together at home is kinda more appealing to me. haha :D

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

I think that living in Singapore doesn't permit us much luxury of time, so most of the time, the usual suspects of dining + movie would be sufficient, albeit a bit boring. More to my liking is to visit good outdoor spots where I can show my affections more freely, and just spending time together... talking about anything and everything. It can be beaches, open area where we can lie on each other's legs to see the stars, at the top of a building, or just anywhere with nice views.

Less often (but still common) is to attend events together, or go to shows/exhibitions/concerts. Also find a common interest, e.g. karaoke, arcade, bowling, snorkelling, ice-skating together. If you have extra free time, maybe a visit to musem/science centre/zoo/theme park. If you have even more time, a getaway to nearby countries, e.g. fake honeymoon on a private island is Thailand, maybe a hot air balloon ride in Cambodia, or jungle trekking across mountains in Indonesia. The possibilities are plentiful.

There might even be little gimmicks, such as kissing at the highest spot in Singapore, hopping on a random bus to see where it takes you to, take some courses together (maybe dance?), etc.

And home can be great too. You can always spend time baking things together, or just cuddling each other while watching TV, etc.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I think that living in Singapore doesn't permit us much luxury of time, so most of the time, the usual suspects of dining + movie would be sufficient, albeit a bit boring. More to my liking is to visit good outdoor spots where I can show my affections more freely, and just spending time together... talking about anything and everything. It can be beaches, open area where we can lie on each other's legs to see the stars, at the top of a building, or just anywhere with nice views.

Less often (but still common) is to attend events together, or go to shows/exhibitions/concerts. Also find a common interest, e.g. karaoke, arcade, bowling, snorkelling, ice-skating together. If you have extra free time, maybe a visit to musem/science centre/zoo/theme park. If you have even more time, a getaway to nearby countries, e.g. fake honeymoon on a private island is Thailand, maybe a hot air balloon ride in Cambodia, or jungle trekking across mountains in Indonesia. The possibilities are plentiful.

There might even be little gimmicks, such as kissing at the highest spot in Singapore, hopping on a random bus to see where it takes you to, take some courses together (maybe dance?), etc.

And home can be great too. You can always spend time baking things together, or just cuddling each other while watching TV, etc.

great ideas!

My gfs are usually not local so I will bring them for a picnic and kite flying at marina barrage, or picnic near prive (then u can walk the henderson ridges and it's very scenic). Sometimes we go macritchie for a run too. Or just bring the dogs out to botanic garden for a chill Sunday picnic.

One likes greenery around so I would bring her around gemmil lane/Wessex avenue where there are a lot of old colonial buildings and greenery. Can eat at the nearby colbar then proceed to laurents chocolate bar then just walk around into some of the art enclaves and studios around that area. Or sometimes we like to go to bukit timah saddle club for brunch. Once we even went to kranji to watch horse racing LMAO.

Otherwise usually we go to JB for karaoke and massage. There's really so much u can do in Singapore right? Best is still stay home cook, give your partner a nice massage and watch tv.

Brian Kinney (Queer as Folk) - There's only two kinds of straight people in this world: The ones that hate you to your face... and the ones that hate you behind your back.

Wow. I like the idea of outdoor spots. But cos we are quite discreet. We can't find any quiet spots to do so. Any places to recommend? Haha.

Wow. I like the idea of outdoor spots. But cos we are quite discreet. We can't find any quiet spots to do so. Any places to recommend? Haha.

We have not been v. successful at finding a really quiet outdoor spots too. Fort Canning Park is not so crowded, except for occasional runners who pass by, but it's pretty manageable if you're quick to switch to "friends" mode. Actually, no one will really mind anyway, just as long as there's not too much display of affection. Perhaps some of the area where pink businesses flourish will be more gay-friendly... I haven't tried them myself, but perhaps the Tanjong Pagar / Chinatown area can be good (not too sure if there's even anything to see there, though).

In the end, what we mostly do is just to find places with good scenery, and stay at whatever secluded corner we can find. I have successfully found good spots on East Coast, Singapore River, or area around Harbourfront/Sentosa (PS. cable car can be romantic too). Just hang on to luck, and cope with occassional passer-bys.

Perhaps the more experienced BW users have better ideas! =)

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

I would like to make love to my man somewhere in mexico in some dark apartments in those sleazy hotel on a hot night listening to savage garden's insatiable..

Edited by GIRL

I would like to make love to my man somewhere in mexico in some dark apartments in those sleazy hotel on a hot night listening to savage garden's insatiable..

With the music of a mariachi band behind the garden... ;)

Backpacking while dating is nice... you get to know your guy more....

In the day we explore the country... in the night we make love

In Singapore making love in a sleazy hotel is not really romantic

but overseas in some maybe i should say low budget hotel will be nice....

But its really sweet, wild yet romantic..

that is how i make out of that savage garden song...

This is quite a sweet thread, hope to see more ideas coming in.

May I suggest a theme for each outing as well. Not fanciful ones, but perhaps something that is of common interest to both. It could even be as simple as visiting your schools you have attended and share a bit more of yourself while exploring it with your loved one.

While home seems to be the most ideal place as even preparing for a meal can be a romantic affair, how do you go about tackling the issue of your family knowing if it happens regularly?

I've been thinking about the possibility of playing card/board games together, but not too sure what's good for 2 players kinda thing.

This is quite a sweet thread, hope to see more ideas coming in. May I suggest a theme for each outing as well. Not fanciful ones, but perhaps something that is of common interest to both. It could even be as simple as visiting your schools you have attended and share a bit more of yourself while exploring it with your loved one. While home seems to be the most ideal place as even preparing for a meal can be a romantic affair, how do you go about tackling the issue of your family knowing if it happens regularly?

I think your idea is a good way to learn about each other.

Guess home would be most ideal for those who have come out to their family members, or are living together. Else, play the "best friend" card or do it when there's no one else around?

Some of the things my partner and I have been happily doing since we got to know each other...

• Photo outings, where both of us would just go out and enjoy shooting in each other's company. Its more fun when we have similar tastes in genres (macro, archi, abstracts). Sometimes, he'd join me on my regular outings too.
  • Dinner date, where I cook a simple dinner for both of us when my folks are away.
  • Tea-time dates, where we'd go out for weekend afternoon tea together. Mostly TCC, though we did have a very enjoyable one at St Regis during the weekday he was on leave.
  • After-work desserts - since both of us have sweet tooth, Drips Cafe, Forty Hands, TCC, etc. yummy!
  • Picnic date, the one time both of us just brought bottled water and sandwiches and sat looking out over the Kallang Basin. Peaceful on a weekday evening.
  • Dinner/lunch dates. Lots of places. Nice food, lovely+loving company. There was this weekend buffet where we picked food for each other, and he brought me a place decorated with a cute smiley!
  • Dinner-followed-by. Dinner at hawker centres, followed by a quick purchase of water/drinks from the convenience store and its off to neighbourhood gardens and parks for evening stroll. Exercise+loving company.
  • Meow outings. We go visit caregivers with friendly stray cats and play with the cats together. Its sweet to see how the cats would just recognize that both of us are together sometimes.
  • Hotel stay date. We do this once a quarter. The last one we had came with a jacuzzi bath.... :P
  • Play dates. Since we share the same fetish, it becomes as natural extension for us.... :D
  • Study date. He is studying parttime. When its exam season, he'd study while I help him along. :)

Okay, think I've shared a little more than I'd originally intended. But there, there are lots of things you can do, in Singapore no less. ;)

Instagram @the_meowprince

• 2 months later...

Can anyone recommend me a good, decent, not so sexualized place to find and date PLUs (men) here in SG? I'm both new here in SG and in this site. I'm not into random hook-ups, just not into it but am not judging those who do it. I prefer dating profesionals and who are discreet and not camp. Again, am not judging those who are feminine and all out.

Guest stbrianud

Well welcome to the site I guess...

Anyways, with regard to your topic, I personal thing the place to date has to be something u both like... Hmm...

Let's see.. If u are meeting this person for the first time and have not chatted before, then a decent Restuarant like crystal jade,'pasta mania and swensens would suffice... If u find it too expensive, then jus go somewhere cheap like food court? LOLS. I believe the first time is the most important... So I usually go all out on the first date. But make sure you don't invest too much and don't go over the top like get him flowers or something.. That's just weird haha...

If u have chatted with this person before and for awhile, like u share each others likes and dislikes... The date should reflect that u know what he likes and all... He might go and say.. "anything is fine".. But he is probably just being nice... Haha.

For me and my boyfriend's first date, he came over to my house at 9pm and stayed over. Lol... The next day we chatted and cuddled and after went for lunch and a decent place, xing Wang cafe at white sands.. Then went to KTV at sembawang... Haha... Had dinner at subway then went home... It was really awesome:)

Hope you and ur date goes well too

Hi stbrianud! Thanks and my hugs for welcoming me here. Your comments are helpful. There are times am tempted to look for just hook-ups, well, am only human. But am fervently hoping I could fine the one meant for me here. By the way, I find Chinese men interesting but there are times I don't know how to interact with them. What makes Chinese gay and bi men distinct from other nationalities in the gay dating and relationship scene? In other words, what's the best way to deal with them?

Guest stbrianud

Hi stbrianud! Thanks and my hugs for welcoming me here. Your comments are helpful. There are times am tempted to look for just hook-ups, well, am only human. But am fervently hoping I could fine the one meant for me here. By the way, I find Chinese men interesting but there are times I don't know how to interact with them. What makes Chinese gay and bi men distinct from other nationalities in the gay dating and relationship scene? In other words, what's the best way to deal with them?

Hmm.. Not really sure. Haha... The thing about me is dont care if u are gay straight bi Thai Chinese Indian Malay or even hilter lol. If I get the vibe from u I'll like u... And it's not often I get the vibe from people.. I know it's sounds WEIRDDDD haha.. But that's just me..

From what u say maybe if u find a guy like me you'll like it:) haha... But often these guys come with issues. For example, i have an extreme high sex drive lol...

Guest HappyHari

Hi Guys,

I recently met a guy online and we have got to known each other so well and we like each other so much that we are already like "potential" boyfriends ! :wub:

Just a brief Intro about us: I'm an Indian, employed in Singapore and he is Chinese Singaporean, serving the army now.

We are going to have our first date the coming Sunday :wub: and in planning for it, I'm really spoiled for choice with so many nice places in Singapore.

I'm really puzzled about whether to go to some romantic place like the beach or the botanic gardens or the gardens by the bay or go to somewhere fun like Sentosa or the Universal Studios or so. Though I'm not, he is a foodie and may be a romantic dinner would also be great ! but there is an issue here, I'm a vegetarian and he is not and he likes Chinese food so much. I do not want to take him to some vegetarian restaurant and that might look like a sacrifice he is doing for me eating vegetarian food.

And I'm sorry if I'm boring you guys....in short, KINDLY suggest some nice (romantic) place which would be great for both of us to take things further and where we could also get some great food (he is a foodie and I'm a vegetarian) !

I would very much appreciate your replies and I'm really looking forward to my first date on Sunday ! :wub: :wub: :wub:

(I really want to plan it in the best way possible !)

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Harish :)

• 5 months later...
Guest MeGusta

Hello my dear ajs out there, I'm currently dating this hot guy but we seem to have run out of dating ideas to keep us talking about something in common. Its always about our individual lives. Does anyone have a good dating idea to share to revive the lost connection and bring us closer together? (apart from sex, we've already had tons of it, just that its not good to just be together for sex)

Guest Handsome Guy

I brought my bf to play roller in East Coast Park ;D and it was a wonderful day. We still remember vividly how we fell down together on each other haha... A sweet memory till now ^^

Guest MeGusta

I brought my bf to play roller in East Coast Park ;D and it was a wonderful day. We still remember vividly how we fell down together on each other haha... A sweet memory till now ^^

Wow.. What a sweet memory.

I'd like to add on that he's quite sensitive about being noticed in public because he's very popular in school. any indoor activities to suggest? Much appreciated.

Wow.. What a sweet memory.

I'd like to add on that he's quite sensitive about being noticed in public because he's very popular in school. any indoor activities to suggest? Much appreciated.

Hi -MeGusta-,

How about the following indoor activities?

- Watching videos/movies at home

- Experimenting with new recipes if you're both into cooking

- Making your own furniture / household items like a simple bookshelf, shoe cabinet etc

- Reading together on the couch with a hot beverage on a rainy day

If you have the budget for it, you could consider going for an overseas trip, could be somewhere nearby where the both of you could enjoy quality time together.

Hope this helps! :)

Oogachaga

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

• G_M changed the title to [Walter's thoughts] Dating ideas and Recommendations (compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked and unlocked this topic