Male HQ

Discussion on Good / Bad Landlord & Tenant - Story & Real Life Case (Compiled)

Guest guest

18 minutes ago, Agoenk_pku said:

I am the other way. 

I am landlord but my one of my tenant Indian mix Portuguese is side gay. One day I was sleeping on the sofa in my living room, he suddenly come and try to snuggle in with me in a very squeezing sofa

how u know he is side gay? :ph34r:

When it comes to renting, there is an inherent risk, be it the landlord or the tenant.

If the landlord is not living with the tenant, the landlord runs the risk of the tenant thrashing his place.  The cost of repairs can possibly run up to a few times that of the monthly rental.  Meanwhile, the tenant risks early termination (depending on the tenancy agreement) and having to look for alternative living arrangements.

If the landlord is live-in, then both parties have to compromise on privacy, and have to take the risk of facing a crazy tenant or landlord. 

While we often hear of crazy landlords/tenants, the percentage is not that high.  Such news become headlines because "dog bites man is not news, man bites dog is news".  Of course, if you are the victim, then is it not fun at all, whether you are the landlord or the tenant.  

Living with a stranger is not easy. There are always challenges that you could not anticipate until you have moved in and stay w another person.

Difference in live style and habits like how you dressed, what you dressed that both parties are comfortable with, etc.

Landlord and tenant both face the similar challenges. Thus, getting a "good" landlord or tenant is really a blessing. Cherish it!

On the same note, people always think if you have an extra house or room that you can rent it out, it's a good choice. To me, that's not really what I want. There are always challenges being landlord, regardless you live it or live out. Just my 2 cents 😆

12 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Living with a stranger is not easy. There are always challenges that you could not anticipate until you have moved in and stay w another person.

Difference in live style and habits like how you dressed, what you dressed that both parties are comfortable with, etc.

Landlord and tenant both face the similar challenges. Thus, getting a "good" landlord or tenant is really a blessing. Cherish it!

On the same note, people always think if you have an extra house or room that you can rent it out, it's a good choice. To me, that's not really what I want. There are always challenges being landlord, regardless you live it or live out. Just my 2 cents 😆

Agreed, not easy to stay with a stranger. Even stay with someone you know sometimes also not easy and can have conflict. So staying with a complete stranger definitely difficult, esp if the person not an easy person. Usually those who can live with a stranger, they are normally bo chap type.

This is why, if can, avoid becoming a landlord or tenant. Best is to stay in your own house yourself. 

Actually if you are a foreigner who come here to work and need to rent, it is unavoidable and have no choice. But i don't understand for locals, why would a person want to go for rental and get into risk of bumping onto weird and prevert landlord? Worst case is waste lots on rental.

7 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Actually if you are a foreigner who come here to work and need to rent, it is unavoidable and have no choice. But i don't understand for locals, why would a person want to go for rental and get into risk of bumping onto weird and prevert landlord? Worst case is waste lots on rental.

Everyone has their own reason or stories. Not all can afford a shelter on their own or lucky to have relatives be it parents or siblings to share their shelters. So, that doesn't mean landlord should be cruel or nuisance.  Be kind n understanding as karma is a bitch. In short, give and take when we are alive n not cry on one's funeral. Thank you.

Edited by cutejack

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.