Male HQ

Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

When I first visited krabi 10  years ago, I m fascinated seeing both asian and western tourists walking in their swim wear freely on street around the beach area (men topless in either square/ triangle swimming trunk or shorts and women in their bikini wear). They were either buying things from shops by the streets or sitting at cafe eating and nobody bother what they wear. 

Yes,  I followed (maybe still young and gym fit 6 packs). I remember walking freely on street in only a grey color square cut trunk with a drawstring bag on my back after returning to shore from an island trip. My friends were all also topless in only army shorts or board shorts. We even went into pizza hut to eat in this manner. 

3 years ago before the pandemic, I visted Sanya Hainan. Went to a beach near the city center where majority local like to hang out and swim (just like our ECP).  Guess what... I saw their local men in just swimming trunk, carrying their bags walking to the main road to get a taxi and yes, they hop into the taxi in just their swimming trunk. 

Nowadays in SG, topless men can only be seen at beach or pool and only a few daring one at PCN jogging. 

We suppose to be in an open minded era but seems that people now are conservative than during the 80s/90s. 

On 1/28/2022 at 11:56 AM, Guest Guest said:

When I first visited krabi 10  years ago, I m fascinated seeing both asian and western tourists walking in their swim wear freely on street around the beach area (men topless in either square/ triangle swimming trunk or shorts and women in their bikini wear). They were either buying things from shops by the streets or sitting at cafe eating and nobody bother what they wear. 

Yes,  I followed (maybe still young and gym fit 6 packs). I remember walking freely on street in only a grey color square cut trunk with a drawstring bag on my back after returning to shore from an island trip. My friends were all also topless in only army shorts or board shorts. We even went into pizza hut to eat in this manner. 

3 years ago before the pandemic, I visted Sanya Hainan. Went to a beach near the city center where majority local like to hang out and swim (just like our ECP).  Guess what... I saw their local men in just swimming trunk, carrying their bags walking to the main road to get a taxi and yes, they hop into the taxi in just their swimming trunk. 

Nowadays in SG, topless men can only be seen at beach or pool and only a few daring one at PCN jogging. 

We suppose to be in an open minded era but seems that people now are conservative than during the 80s/90s. 

Nowadays really men in sg are conservative. Even you do not see workers working outside topless now, unlike last time in the 80s/90s.

I feel this is true even in my own experience! Last time used to be topless during school PE and then in camp during NS without second thoughts, but nowadays too shy already..

Who else experience shirtless PE during school days?

On 1/29/2022 at 1:33 AM, quanjishou said:

a bit off topic but related to your comments.  i ever in a shopping mall in tshirt and “underwear” haha

You didn't get stomped or arrested?

On 1/28/2022 at 8:22 PM, Guest guest said:

I feel this is true even in my own experience! Last time used to be topless during school PE and then in camp during NS without second thoughts, but nowadays too shy already..

Common to see guys topless during school PE, also always see guys playing basketball topless after school at the court during the 90s. But now don't think can see such scene anymore in school?

Forgot to post using my nick, @alien!

On 1/30/2022 at 11:02 PM, Guest GUEST said:

Common to see guys topless during school PE, also always see guys playing basketball topless after school at the court during the 90s. But now don't think can see such scene anymore in school?

Forgot to post using my nick, @alien!

Seem doubtful these days. Unless maybe boys school, but even then I think there would be complaints. Yet reverse is true for ns! These days now, alot of the training is topless by default but during my time it's quite rare to see

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest guest

Recently weather super hot, spotted many guys running topless. Just saw one guy running topless at mcnair estate at 7.30pm plus with a red running shorts, super hot sweaty muscular bod.

Guest guest towner
On 6/1/2022 at 9:34 PM, Guest guest said:

Recently weather super hot, spotted many guys running topless. Just saw one guy running topless at mcnair estate at 7.30pm plus with a red running shorts, super hot sweaty muscular bod.

wow i stay nearby and sometimes run close to mcnair area tho but mostly later at night. 😅 most of the time i dont take my top off tho. scared later see my neighbours/those living in my same block haha (even tho my physique is pretty good huhu)

Guest guest
On 6/1/2022 at 10:18 PM, Guest guest towner said:

wow i stay nearby and sometimes run close to mcnair area tho but mostly later at night. 😅 most of the time i dont take my top off tho. scared later see my neighbours/those living in my same block haha (even tho my physique is pretty good huhu)

Thought you are that guy who run topless since that guy also has pretty good bod. 😂  Since you have nice bod, don't be stingy to flaunt it and run topless lar.

Guest Guest1234

The hot weather is making more people running shirtless these days. Just saw two young guys running shirtless yesterday along the upper section of the Singapore River. They were stopping at the junction outside Great World City waiting to cross the road towards Zion Road Food Centre. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
On 6/6/2022 at 1:21 AM, Guest Guest1234 said:

The hot weather is making more people running shirtless these days. Just saw two young guys running shirtless yesterday along the upper section of the Singapore River. They were stopping at the junction outside Great World City waiting to cross the road towards Zion Road Food Centre. 👍

Indeed many guys running topless recently. Quite an eye candy.

Guest Guest

Now that alot of the stadiums and sports fields have opened up again, I seen a lot more young guys working out topless at these places. Recently passed by and saw a whole of group of secondary school or maybe JC guys playing basketball and chilling topless like damn, good for them wish I was that confident at that age or even now LOL

Guest guest
On 6/17/2022 at 1:06 AM, Guest Guest said:

Now that alot of the stadiums and sports fields have opened up again, I seen a lot more young guys working out topless at these places. Recently passed by and saw a whole of group of secondary school or maybe JC guys playing basketball and chilling topless like damn, good for them wish I was that confident at that age or even now LOL

Thought young generation seldom goes topless while exercising and playing basketball now? Everytime when i walk past basketball court, seldom see guys playing basketball topless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, Guest guest said:

Thought young generation seldom goes topless while exercising and playing basketball now? Everytime when i walk past basketball court, seldom see guys playing basketball topless.

Such a waste for not showing their youthful bodies~ They can be shirtless and no one will say something about it. Being young is good. 

Guest Guest
On 6/26/2022 at 5:51 PM, Okashii said:

Such a waste for not showing their youthful bodies~ They can be shirtless and no one will say something about it. Being young is good. 

Perhaps the younger generation is more mindful of going topless in public places now?

Guest Guest

I remember got 3 fit muscular young men who always bare their upper body selling fishes at a stall in Chinatown wet market. Their stall really attract a lot of housewives. I wonder if they are still there. 

Guest Fruitguan
On 6/28/2022 at 9:47 PM, Guest Guest said:

I remember got 3 fit muscular young men who always bare their upper body selling fishes at a stall in Chinatown wet market. Their stall really attract a lot of housewives. I wonder if they are still there. 

Which wet market?

• 1 month later...

I run topless otherwise the clammy feeling when the wet singlet against my body gave me chills <-- this was back when I run long distance. So it became a habit.

I met someone who said he do pull up topless, so won't have sweat on it, then can save washing a shirt. Wow, this really is thoughtful of his house expenditure...

Yesterday I was at a hotel function, this guy (not that buff), he unbuttoned the first 2 buttons of his long sleeve shirt throughout. Feel it's inappropriate given the venue, but he wasn't that buff after all.

Me! Woah, but the feeling wasnt great, i didnt have a good bod back then.

In my sec school, boys who forgot their PE attire would be made to do PE shirtless. 

Also experienced shirtless PE during games like football and basketball where one team have to take off their shirts (skins vs shirts). Always tried to be on the shirts team. 

Living well is the best revenge.

On 8/16/2022 at 2:36 PM, Dionysos said:

In my sec school, boys who forgot their PE attire would be made to do PE shirtless. 

Also experienced shirtless PE during games like football and basketball where one team have to take off their shirts (skins vs shirts). Always tried to be on the shirts team. 

So you are same era as me. During my sec sch days also same for both. Still remember if forgot to bring PE attire would be asked to do PE shirtless. So we borrow PE attire from others class if forgot to bring. Imagine the attire was wet with sweat from our classmate when we wear it.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:49 AM, lean n mean said:

If yr body is good, please lose the top. If not, keep it on. The former is eye candy ; the latter is sexual harrassment 😆

Have good bod sure must show, but even don’t have nice bod still can go topless, just run during off peak timing when no people around lah.

Guest Show off lp
On 8/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, Copper2b said:

If I am a muscular hunk I really don’t mind strip off everything for everyone to enjoy.

Yeah my neighbourhood got a guy who loves to run topless. 

Like during peak hours run pass mrt where the traffic light is crowded... To show off his bouncing pecs. 

People run topless why? Don't want to sweat ah? Wind in the top? Hot? 

Don't want to wash extra shirt? 

But you never see a fat shapeless Bobby run topless with his bouncing man boobs

On 8/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, Copper2b said:

If I am a muscular hunk I really don’t mind strip off everything for everyone to enjoy.

I don't really like a guy with too muscular body, would prefer a lean toned fit bod.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:44 PM, Guest Show off lp said:

Like during peak hours run pass mrt where the traffic light is crowded... To show off his bouncing pecs. 

Running topless esp during peak hours or with many people around, at least the bod must be a bit toned or meaty and yet not fat. If you bod is fat shapeless or skin and bone, don't think would run topless at such timing. 

On 8/19/2022 at 12:44 PM, Guest Show off lp said:

Some people default like to run topless regardless where and when. Last time in army i also have one camp mate default always run topless during all running training, even whole platoon no one was topless.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, Guest Guest said:

Running topless esp during peak hours or with many people around, at least the bod must be a bit toned or meaty and yet not fat. If you bod is fat shapeless or skin and bone, don't think would run topless at such timing. 

i agree. that is why i dare not run topless in case people vomit or laugh and i envy those who can

On 8/21/2022 at 5:02 PM, radiusulnar said:

i agree. that is why i dare not run topless in case people vomit or laugh and i envy those who can

Can train your bod nice nice, so that you can also run topless anytime/anywhere you want. No need to envy them. 😂

Guest Friend

I have a friend with a nice hot body who likes (addicted?) to go topless recently.

When we go jogging he usually wear shirts and only take it off to cool down for awhile, when driving back will put it back on.

Then last week when we go jogging he just went shirtless, with just his running shorts. I asked him why he was shirtless he just said weather very hot. Just go jogging only go shirtless can save laundry😂

Then he just drive to the park just in shorts, seatbelt between his bare chiseled chest. After jog, he had to go home shirtless too since he didn't bring any... Never thought of driving shirtless can be so sexy... First time see someone doing..lol

I do sometimes go to the fitness corner and do some exercises without a shirt on because I don’t really like the feeling of my t shirt getting stuck to my back. Usually barely anyone walks by so it doesn’t feel too weird!

I’m neglecting cardio though so might start jogging soon to get rid of the stubborn fat! There will be way more people around though probably so it’ll be different 😅 might have to go shopping for a comfortable tank top.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, Guest Friend said:

I have a friend with a nice hot body who likes (addicted?) to go topless recently.

When we go jogging he usually wear shirts and only take it off to cool down for awhile, when driving back will put it back on.

Then last week when we go jogging he just went shirtless, with just his running shorts. I asked him why he was shirtless he just said weather very hot. Just go jogging only go shirtless can save laundry😂

Then he just drive to the park just in shorts, seatbelt between his bare chiseled chest. After jog, he had to go home shirtless too since he didn't bring any... Never thought of driving shirtless can be so sexy... First time see someone doing..lol

I also drive home shirtless after workout in the park...just lay a towel on the car seat ...it's not illegal to drive shirtless.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, Guest Friend said:

I would not drive shirtless, cause don't want to dirty the seatbelt with the sweat. So usually i would drive to the place i want to jog, then take off my shirt and left it inside the car and then go for my jogging.

Guest Shihunream

New colleague join my office 2 months ago. The very proper good boy type. Didn't interact much until we worked on a project together.

Then I found out that this is his first job after graduation. Also he stays very close by to me. We both like running so I asked him if he wanted to run in the morning before work. He was a bit shocked to know I exercise at 430am but said he can make it. 

I usually don't wear a shirt to go run so I think he was a bit surprised to see me half naked. 

"Wah bro u exercise shirtless? Your body fit so ok la."

"Not fit la. Ok only."

We exercised for about an hour. Run and calisthenics. After that went home. We later met at work. He said it was good workout and don't mind doing again. I told him we can go the day after.

Was waiting for him at the park connector when I see the fella walking towards me shirtless! He was damn fit. clothes can really hide how someone looks. My turn to be surprised.

"You got influenced by me is it?"

"No la. I usually run shirtless but I thought u didn't so I wore a shirt. But now no need."

We laughed a bit and then went for our exercise. Looks like I found my shirtless partner in crime. 😁

On 8/29/2022 at 3:14 PM, Guest Shihunream said:

He was damn fit. clothes can really hide how someone looks

yes. during office family day at sentosa. all the crouching tiger, hidden dragon appeared. some you already can tell because the usual exec wear is tight fitting, V taper. friday causal tight short sleeves. but those that usually wear shapeless clothing, wow. the surprise waiting for you!

Edited by radiusulnar

New colleague join my office 2 months ago. The very proper good boy type. Didn't interact much until we worked on a project together.

Then I found out that this is his first job after graduation. Also he stays very close by to me. We both like running so I asked him if he wanted to run in the morning before work. He was a bit shocked to know I exercise at 430am but said he can make it. 

I usually don't wear a shirt to go run so I think he was a bit surprised to see me half naked. 

"Not fit la. Ok only."

We exercised for about an hour. Run and calisthenics. After that went home. We later met at work. He said it was good workout and don't mind doing again. I told him we can go the day after.

Was waiting for him at the park connector when I see the fella walking towards me shirtless! He was damn fit. clothes can really hide how someone looks. My turn to be surprised.

"No la. I usually run shirtless but I thought u didn't so I wore a shirt. But now no need."

We laughed a bit and then went for our exercise. Looks like I found my shirtless partner in crime. 😁

So hot, two guys with nice bod run shirtless together.

Guest Question

Any experience on converting friends / people around you to adapt shirtless lifestyle? Like they were very shy before, but are now willing to be shirtless more often under your influence.

"Not fit la. Ok only."

So hott

• G_M locked this topic