Male HQ

Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

I used to run along Marina waterfront before Covid19 and when my gym was nearby. 
Since pandemic, I have not been running there. 
I happened to be at that area last evening; around 7:30pm. I saw a handful of runner running topless  I don’t remember seeing so many the last time I was running there. 
Perhaps, they were drenched by the rain so they took off their tops. Running w a wet top can be uncomfortable and feeling heavy. 

Guest guest
5 hours ago, bluerunner said:

I used to run along Marina waterfront before Covid19 and when my gym was nearby. 
Since pandemic, I have not been running there. 
I happened to be at that area last evening; around 7:30pm. I saw a handful of runner running topless  I don’t remember seeing so many the last time I was running there. 
Perhaps, they were drenched by the rain so they took off their tops. Running w a wet top can be uncomfortable and feeling heavy. 

Marina waterfront that area not difficult to find guys running topless. I only find heartlander not easy to see topless guys.

Guest guest
2 hours ago, abc_sg said:

Encountered walked by a topless runner and felt his sweat landing onto me. Kinda gross though

He must be ugly, that's why you feel gross. 😅

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

He must be ugly, that's why you feel gross. 😅

Not at all. Most of the guys who run topless have good body though. But still, i don’t think it’s a good feeling when they sweat that much and spread that on others passing by. 

Guest guest
36 minutes ago, abc_sg said:

Not at all. Most of the guys who run topless have good body though. But still, i don’t think it’s a good feeling when they sweat that much and spread that on others passing by. 

I think even the guy is not topless, if he is sweating a lot and run pass people, still can have chance to spread his sweat on others.

Anyway, guys who will run topless, usually should have a not bad body, if not don't think the guy would go topless running. I would not go topless if i do not have a nice bod, even the surrounding no people. 

11 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I think even the guy is not topless, if he is sweating a lot and run pass people, still can have chance to spread his sweat on others.

Anyway, guys who will run topless, usually should have a not bad body, if not don't think the guy would go topless running. I would not go topless if i do not have a nice bod, even the surrounding no people. 

i have seen big belly guy jog topless too. 

Guest guest
11 hours ago, quanjishou said:

i have seen big belly guy jog topless too. 

I think big belly still better than skin and bones. 😅

Guest guest
11 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Agree. Just run topless if you wish. The definition of a ‘fit’ body varies from person to person. For the record, you DO NOT need a fit body to run topless. 

But seems like most people who run topless at least have an average body, not too skinny or too fat. Even body not say is muscular toned, but still meaty.

Guest guest
59 minutes ago, mate69 said:

run at night

Run at night not as hot as in the day, so might not have the urge to go topless. Usually it is the sun that give me the urge want to go topless.

Guest Lifeiswhatyoumakeit

i usually run in the early morning. Start around 4.30-4.45 and end off by 6am. I usually go shirtless in running shorts or tights. its the most comfortable for me as it's quite dark then and lesser people around.

My working hours are a bit more flexible, so sometimes i can get time in the late mornings around 11 plus 12. so i will go for runs as well as do calisthenics. good excuse to get some sun so im usually shirtless then too. i see quite a number of guys run shirtless during this timing as well. maybe because it's lunch time and some people use it to go for runs. 

i have a small gym corner set up in my spare room. that's quite sufficient for me. however, i have also signed up for a gym for some time now which i go to in the late night, after 11. lesser people around. during this time, i do see a lot of guys workout shirtless. the trainers are around but they don't seem to mind. 

besides working out and running, im usually shirtless at home. my attire is mostly boxer shorts or running shorts. if i need to go get lunch or run errands, will wear a singlet with my running shorts. since im not in corporate line, i don't have a lot of clothes. just the essentials. i think got 3X more underwear than shirts or pants. :D 

Guest Jonathan
7 hours ago, Guest Lifeiswhatyoumakeit said:

i usually run in the early morning. Start around 4.30-4.45 and end off by 6am. I usually go shirtless in running shorts or tights. its the most comfortable for me as it's quite dark then and lesser people around.

My working hours are a bit more flexible, so sometimes i can get time in the late mornings around 11 plus 12. so i will go for runs as well as do calisthenics. good excuse to get some sun so im usually shirtless then too. i see quite a number of guys run shirtless during this timing as well. maybe because it's lunch time and some people use it to go for runs. 

i have a small gym corner set up in my spare room. that's quite sufficient for me. however, i have also signed up for a gym for some time now which i go to in the late night, after 11. lesser people around. during this time, i do see a lot of guys workout shirtless. the trainers are around but they don't seem to mind. 

besides working out and running, im usually shirtless at home. my attire is mostly boxer shorts or running shorts. if i need to go get lunch or run errands, will wear a singlet with my running shorts. since im not in corporate line, i don't have a lot of clothes. just the essentials. i think got 3X more underwear than shirts or pants. :D 

You must have an awesome body. I would love to have your confidence to run around and workout shirtless in the public as well, but my body is still at 18% body fat.

Perhaps if we were still in the 90s where shirtless is acceptable in kopitiam, you could live out your life shirtless 24/7 🤣

8 hours ago, Guest Lifeiswhatyoumakeit said:

Edited by Sg Army Boy
Nice, looking for a buddy?

Guest Lifeiswhatyoumakeit
54 minutes ago, Guest Jonathan said:

You must have an awesome body. I would love to have your confidence to run around and workout shirtless in the public as well, but my body is still at 18% body fat.

Perhaps if we were still in the 90s where shirtless is acceptable in kopitiam, you could live out your life shirtless 24/7 🤣

My body is far from awesome but I am comfortable with it. I used to be able to maintain a 10% body fat throughout my 20s but now in my 30s its often around 16-17% which is very close to yours.

Yes my muscle mass has increased and I'm not as lean and defined as I used to be but it's ok. I think we should just learn to love and accept our body and treat it the best we can.

I'm sure your body looks great brother. So don't be shy and stop yourself from doing what is so natural to us men. Being confident is far more important than having the perfect body.

I do remember that in the 90s its very normal for guys to hang out in public shirtless. I remember coming back from school and changing into some shorts and go play soccer with the other neighbourhood kids.

My dad and neighbor uncles would even go to the shops which were a 10 min walk away shirtless in just shorts. Even in the public gyms the majority of guys would workout shirtless. It's very rare to see boys and men wear a shirt at home. Good times.

Now we have just become so self conscious about our bodies and obsessed about getting the perfect bodies.

I try to be shirtless as much as I can. Mostly in exercise and at home. Since my work hours are more flexible it's a little easier.

I think starting to be shirtless in public is like ripping a bandaid. Just do it quick and fast and don't overthink. Just do it, brother.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2023 at 9:10 PM, Guest guest said:

Run at night not as hot as in the day, so might not have the urge to go topless. Usually it is the sun that give me the urge want to go topless.

I alway jog shirtless at night at bedok reservoir during my jobless period last year. I do some body stretching and some body exericse to warm up my body. When i feel a bit sweatly. I remove my shirt and continued shirtless. Then when i done warming up i jog shirtless. As long as you are jogging. You eventually will feel your body is heating up and been shirtless make the jogging feeling better this way.

Edited by Andrew240577

On 4/9/2023 at 1:18 PM, Guest Guest said:

Past few days weather so hot. Wanted to go topless while running but no encourage to do it. 😅

Find a topless running partner to up your courage than.

Guest guest
9 hours ago, quanjishou said:

That day at bishan coffeeshop, the one near the interchange, saw a guy eating topless there. Can see at background.0C22FDE8-2AD5-4E1F-B1FA-53844ABE46D3_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.edb4ab6beca784acc8d2628a731ff49b.jpeg

Looks like those middle age uncle? I think youngsters would not do such thing,

On 6/11/2023 at 1:25 AM, quanjishou said:

That day at bishan coffeeshop, the one near the interchange, saw a guy eating topless there. Can see at background.0C22FDE8-2AD5-4E1F-B1FA-53844ABE46D3_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.edb4ab6beca784acc8d2628a731ff49b.jpeg

The uncle so daring. I think most of us if we run topless, we will put our singlets back on once we are back in the housing estates away from running routes 😅

Guest guest
5 hours ago, jljh88 said:

The uncle so daring. I think most of us if we run topless, we will put our singlets back on once we are back in the housing estates away from running routes 😅

Have to put back your singlet, if not residents might 'complain' indecent exposure. 😅 Not everyone is ok with a topless guy.

1 hour ago, radiusulnar said:

surprised that the coffee shop staff did not tell him to put his shirt on. if he was perspiring, i pity the next customer.

no one ask him to put on in fact it was very crowded but no one bothered by his topless.  Actually when he stand up he is quite fit, well he is quite old with some sagging skin however can see some muscle one ok. he is not sweaty.

even as he stand up i did not see him put on a shirt and if i remember correctly i do not see him carry a shirt.

just to add on there is a gym nearby at times i do see some muscular young chaps eating there. how i wish they see this uncle and follow him going topless hahaha

Edited by quanjishou

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Was at Jurong Lake Park at the activesg pool side area yesterday evening, saw many cuties jogging there and also 1-2 topless fit muscular guys running.

Guest Cave
43 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Was at Jurong Lake Park at the activesg pool side area yesterday evening, saw many cuties jogging there and also 1-2 topless fit muscular guys running.

like that u posted it here ?? u just came out from a cave is it 

Guest Guest
52 minutes ago, Guest Cave said:

like that u posted it here ?? u just came out from a cave is it 

I don't go to Jurong Lake Park, just happened to go there yesterday.

Guest Guest

I used see whole group of commandos run shirtless every morning outside their camp when they were at Changi. Was an amazing sight seeing hundreds of hunky shirtless guys run pass you. Dun see that anymore. Or anyone know any camp the boys run outside shirtless 😁

Guest Jason
2 hours ago, Guest Tim said:

Didn’t see any shirtless guys at ecp. 😓 what time they run? 

About 9.30am on Fridays

Guest guest
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I used see whole group of commandos run shirtless every morning outside their camp when they were at Changi. Was an amazing sight seeing hundreds of hunky shirtless guys run pass you. Dun see that anymore. Or anyone know any camp the boys run outside shirtless 😁

Did the commando camp shifted to other place, that's why you don't see that anymore? Last time when i stay near to a army camp in the west area, also can see army bois run topless in group during evening outside their camp.

Guest Giraffe

I always go jogging topless. Leave my flat topless, just shorts and sneakers, take the lift down, warm up at the playground downstairs, walk and cross the busy junction and jog at the nearby park. There is always a group of topless guys working out at the exercise corner, esp weekend mornings. 

After jogging, walk back and sometimes stop by at the estate provision shop to buy things. People at my estate have seen me topless and are used to it already. 

Guest Lion

I used to take off my top mid-way through my run. Now I just go topless right from the start of my run and leave my shirt in the car. The shirt is a non exercise kind of shirt so I got no choice but to strip. 😁 Good thing is when other guys see me topless, they also start to go topless. It is like a domino effect. Good to see young guys around college age running shirtless too. Dun see them carrying a shirt so they must have started their run shirtless too. The recent hot weather must have made them abandon their shirts …lol 

Guest guest

During hot weather, it is really better to run topless, even wearing a tank top to run i also find it uncomfortable when i sweat. But i see some people even their tank top or shirt is drenched totally with sweat, they still would not go topless. So it really depends on if you are comfortable to show your topless bod in the public.

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, Guest Runtopless said:

At ECP this evening and I saw at least 10 hot topless dudes running! Some are so fit and muscular too 😝

ECP always got topless guys. Something about that place that makes hunks want to run topless 🤣

I have been running topless as partly I don't like it when the singlet starts to stick to my skin as I sweat a lot also i like the breeze run thru my body. Usually, I just wear my fbt curve or full length compression tigh freeballing pair it with my thick silicone just love to feel my bulge bouncing around as it get wet drenched with sweat you could see the pvl. I know some will looked I just ignore and do my run while listen to my fav dance club radio channel gaydar. I will park my car to Fort rd. and I get grab to sailing club and run down to end fort rd. Since I taking a grab I will put on my compression t-shirt once i alight at at  the sailing club i will do some stretching and warm once I'm done I removed hang on my tigh the waist area.

Guest GUEST
6 hours ago, fetish69 said:

I have been running topless as partly I don't like it when the singlet starts to stick to my skin as I sweat a lot also i like the breeze run thru my body. Usually, I just wear my fbt curve or full length compression tigh freeballing pair it with my thick silicone just love to feel my bulge bouncing around as it get wet drenched with sweat you could see the pvl. I know some will looked I just ignore and do my run while listen to my fav dance club radio channel gaydar. I will park my car to Fort rd. and I get grab to sailing club and run down to end fort rd. Since I taking a grab I will put on my compression t-shirt once i alight at at  the sailing club i will do some stretching and warm once I'm done I removed hang on my tigh the waist area.

What is the distance from sailing club to fort rd?

On 7/11/2023 at 12:45 PM, radiusulnar said:

West coast park not so happening

Wonder why. Thought NUS nearby, the hunks fr the hostels will go run topless there 😁 

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Ran said:

Wonder why. Thought NUS nearby, the hunks fr the hostels will go run topless there 😁 

Yeah. Thought they are well trained in ns to run topless 🤣 What turns me on the most is seeing fit young hunks run around town area or busy roads topless with no shirt in hand. So 🔥 

Guest Guest
19 minutes ago, Guest Ran said:

NUS students should run inside their campus.

Guest guest
16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Yeah. Thought they are well trained in ns to run topless 🤣 What turns me on the most is seeing fit young hunks run around town area or busy roads topless with no shirt in hand. So 🔥 

Likely those fit young hunks who run around town area or busy roads topless is to flaunt their bod to people to see lah. 😂

• G_M locked this topic