Male HQ

Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

On last week end at about 10pm, I saw a young lean fit shirtless guy doing his warm up in the park. The park has quite a number of people, it seems that he is not shy being shirtless in front of the people, he do his warm up for about 10 min then he walk to the main road and start his jogging. 

Always see this young guy jog shirtless, never ever see him jog with shirt on, 

I think not all guys are shy to show off their bods.

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

On last week end at about 10pm, I saw a young lean fit shirtless guy doing his warm up in the park. The park has quite a number of people, it seems that he is not shy being shirtless in front of the people, he do his warm up for about 10 min then he walk to the main road and start his jogging. 

which park?

15 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

My area also have one young fit lean guy default run topless whenever spotted him running along the pcn. Also never see him run with a shirt on before and he always like to run around 3-4pm where the sun is the hotest and can see his fit bod drenched with his hot sweat, super hot and droolsome!

But noticed if guys who are not shy to show off their bods infront of many people, usually are those who have nice bod. Like saw before those guys who dare to jog topless in town area. Their bod surely lean and fit. You cant find guys who are skinny or fat run topless at crowded area.

On 25 July 2016 at 1:34 PM, jcho said:

Went to Temasek Club last week and saw many hot guys running topless along Rifle Range Road.

A good place to run.

Rifle range road is a good place to run but one thing no good about that place is you might encountered swamp of monkeys along the road, which is very scary.

19 hours ago, Guest park said:

which park?

I saw him a few time doing his warm up exercise in the small fitness park very near the Telok Blangah way.

Once while I am waiting at the bus stop opposite Vivo City, I saw this same shirtless guy jogging pass the long and crowed bus stop.

I admired his courage to jog shirtless pass this crowed bus stop.

23 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I saw him a few time doing his warm up exercise in the small fitness park very near the Telok Blangah way.

Once while I am waiting at the bus stop opposite Vivo City, I saw this same shirtless guy jogging pass the long and crowed bus stop.

If i have a fit lean bod, i also dare to jog shirtless pass this crowded bus stop. Even ask me to jog shirtless at mbs area i also dare.

25 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

What time and which day he usually jog?

Guest skinny
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I like to jog topless but too bad my body is skinny and i cannot go topless.

How come skinny cannot go top less? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jt_bandit

My dad is an avid bodybuilder and runner. I guess that's how I myself got into the activities. My father used to have a bench and weights from when he used to have before he got married and put it in one of the rooms.

Starting in sec school, he used to train my brother and I about 5 times a week in this weights room and we would go after for a run. We would only wear shorts when we trained so dad thought it was pointless to wear a shirt to run outside so we did it shirtless.

It helped that we were close by to ecp so there were other shirtless runners. It felt awkward at first but you got used to it after a while. Even until now I continue to run shirtless around my estate after my weights session. 

My brother is married now and also has a weights room/gym in his house. My dad does work out but not as much as last time and compared to other guys his age he's in pretty good shape.

Sometimes I don't understand the modern type of running attire the guys wear now. Honestly all u need is a pair of running shorts and shoes. No shirt necessary. 

Guest Spectacled topless runner
On 8/28/2016 at 8:45 AM, Guest Jt_bandit said:

My dad is an avid bodybuilder and runner. I guess that's how I myself got into the activities. My father used to have a bench and weights from when he used to have before he got married and put it in one of the rooms.

Starting in sec school, he used to train my brother and I about 5 times a week in this weights room and we would go after for a run. We would only wear shorts when we trained so dad thought it was pointless to wear a shirt to run outside so we did it shirtless.

It helped that we were close by to ecp so there were other shirtless runners. It felt awkward at first but you got used to it after a while. Even until now I continue to run shirtless around my estate after my weights session. 

My brother is married now and also has a weights room/gym in his house. My dad does work out but not as much as last time and compared to other guys his age he's in pretty good shape.

Sometimes I don't understand the modern type of running attire the guys wear now. Honestly all u need is a pair of running shorts and shoes. No shirt necessary. 

Agree with you bro, no shirt is necessary when we run.

I have tried running with T-shirt, singlet and topless. I get the best running experience when I go topless; most comfortable and best running result. Topless should be the best and standard running attire for us guys.

To be frank, I am not macho or muscular. I am just a slim built studious looking guy wearing glasses.

It takes me quite a long time before I overcome my fear and shyness  to default run topless

Besides the usual running short and shoes, I wear glasses for all my run. I can't see properly without my glasses.

The image of a slim built topless guy wearing glasses going for run does not fit well with the norm that guys running topless must be macho and muscular.

Just give yourself some courage and time to over your fear and shyness. When you have successfully default run topless, you will agreed that no shirt is necessary, all you need is your running short and shoes, and with glasses for me. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Guest Spectacled topless runner said:

I have tried running with T-shirt, singlet and topless. I get the best running experience when I go topless; most comfortable and best running result. Topless should be the best and standard running attire for us guys.

To be frank, I am not macho or muscular. I am just a slim built studious looking guy wearing glasses.

It takes me quite a long time before I overcome my fear and shyness  to default run topless

Besides the usual running short and shoes, I wear glasses for all my run. I can't see properly without my glasses.

The image of a slim built topless guy wearing glasses going for run does not fit well with the norm that guys running topless must be macho and muscular.

Just give yourself some courage and time to over your fear and shyness. When you have successfully default run topless, you will agreed that no shirt is necessary, all you need is your running short and shoes, and with glasses for me. :lol:

I enjoy seeing nerdy guy running topless but hardly see any.  

I'm a fit middle aged uncle. I have to admit that though I'm still muscular but my muscles are not as hard as before especially my chest's two big head lamps are firm and bouncy.  When I go jogging bare top, my friends say my 2 papayas jiggle and bounce like jelly.

When I sweat, my smooth body shines like mirrors. Sometimes people stare at my 2 papayas like tikopek. People say middle age sure start to bloat but my 2 papayas bloat more than the rest of my body.

29 minutes ago, Guest midy said:

I'm a fit middle aged uncle. I have to admit that though I'm still muscular but my muscles are not as hard as before especially my chest's two big head lamps are firm and bouncy.  When I go jogging bare top, my friends say my 2 papayas jiggle and bounce like jelly.

When I sweat, my smooth body shines like mirrors. Sometimes people stare at my 2 papayas like tikopek. People say middle age sure start to bloat but my 2 papayas bloat more than the rest of my body.

Got papaya milk?

Guest Jt_bandit
14 hours ago, Guest Spectacled topless runner said:

Hey bro, nice to see other guys share the same thoughts.

I have been wearing glasses since I was 12. Even during Ns, I would wear contacts occasionally but most of the time its glasses. Even now when I go exercise I sometimes wear glasses. So don't feel like ur the only one bro.

Just yesterday I went for a run after doing weights at home. I saw 3 guys running topless. One was extremely muscular with firm big pecs and big veiny arms. Overall had a body that most people would gawk at. Another guy was slim and lean. With muscular frame but more like a regular guy while the last one was slightly overweight but still had a nice frame and built.

I think what's most important is confidence. What ur body looks like is secondary. So guys should get over the shyness and just go shirtless. Once u start exercising ur body will get stronger and more built so it's only a matter of time.

Even when I'm not exercising I hate wea ring a shirt because I get a lot of sweat especially near the collar area and my armpits and stomach and back. This happens with button down shirts or tshirt.  So I usually prefer singlet or better shirtless. 

Even before I start work sometimes when it's too hot I will have to dry my shirt with the hand dryer before wearing it because I sweat. I guess shirts and me don't agree. Haha.

Guys we just need to make the first move. Next time ur going to exercise leave the shirt at home. This way thereso no chickening out or turning back. Just go shirtless.  Be a role model for other guys who want to go shirtless but don't have the courage to do so. Start the trend!

Guest Jt_bandit
3 hours ago, Guest midy said:

I have a big chest too. I think it's more than 40 inches around and quite noticeable. When I go shirtless, I do get stares and have even gotten a few comments from colleagues n friends on how big it is.

I think it's from my bodybuilder days. Now I have slimmed down but I still maintain my c cup. Lol.

Good for u to maintain a good body even in middle age. Fitness is for life bro. Keep it up!

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Got papaya milk?

Haha, funny that you are as tikopek as most gays I know. They really suck my papayas like babies looking for milk. I'm not kidding.

Guest Nipple
5 hours ago, Guest Jt_bandit said:

I have a big chest too. I think it's more than 40 inches around and quite noticeable. When I go shirtless, I do get stares and have even gotten a few comments from colleagues n friends on how big it is.

I think it's from my bodybuilder days. Now I have slimmed down but I still maintain my c cup. Lol.

Good for u to maintain a good body even in middle age. Fitness is for life bro. Keep it up!

It's not good to have a big chest when other part of the body had slimmed down, especially when it is not firmed.  A bodybuilder chest need not be so big till the nipples are pointing down.  

Guest Spectacled topless runner
9 hours ago, Guest Jt_bandit said:

Hey bro, nice to see other guys share the same thoughts.

I have been wearing glasses since I was 12. Even during Ns, I would wear contacts occasionally but most of the time its glasses. Even now when I go exercise I sometimes wear glasses. So don't feel like ur the only one bro.

Just yesterday I went for a run after doing weights at home. I saw 3 guys running topless. One was extremely muscular with firm big pecs and big veiny arms. Overall had a body that most people would gawk at. Another guy was slim and lean. With muscular frame but more like a regular guy while the last one was slightly overweight but still had a nice frame and built.

I think what's most important is confidence. What ur body looks like is secondary. So guys should get over the shyness and just go shirtless. Once u start exercising ur body will get stronger and more built so it's only a matter of time.

Even when I'm not exercising I hate wea ring a shirt because I get a lot of sweat especially near the collar area and my armpits and stomach and back. This happens with button down shirts or tshirt.  So I usually prefer singlet or better shirtless. 

Even before I start work sometimes when it's too hot I will have to dry my shirt with the hand dryer before wearing it because I sweat. I guess shirts and me don't agree. Haha.

Guys we just need to make the first move. Next time ur going to exercise leave the shirt at home. This way thereso no chickening out or turning back. Just go shirtless.  Be a role model for other guys who want to go shirtless but don't have the courage to do so. Start the trend!

Hi bro, I am very happy to get your reply and advice, It make me relief that I am not the only topless runner wearing glasses.:lol:

Just trying hard to make myself look more sporty whenever I go for topless run. But when put on glasses, it give some discount to the sporty look I am trying hard to achieve, I looks more like a study guy doing sports rather than a sporty guy. May consider getting contacts and wear it whenever I go for run. Hopefully this can help to boost up my preferred sporty look. ^_^

Also happy to learn that you prefer to wear singlet when not exercising. Singlet is my usual going out casual wear. I feel that I look good when I wear singlet with glasses on when compared to topless.

Guest Jt_bandit
6 hours ago, Guest Nipple said:

It's not good to have a big chest when other part of the body had slimmed down, especially when it is not firmed.  A bodybuilder chest need not be so big till the nipples are pointing down.  

I'm not quite sure what you mean by nipples pointing down. I have a big chest but my nipples don't point down. Im naturally bigger built with wider shoulders and back and so i don't think my chest looks too overly big.

3 hours ago, Guest Spectacled topless runner said:

Hi bro, I am very happy to get your reply and advice, It make me relief that I am not the only topless runner wearing glasses.:lol:

Just trying hard to make myself look more sporty whenever I go for topless run. But when put on glasses, it give some discount to the sporty look I am trying hard to achieve, I looks more like a study guy doing sports rather than a sporty guy. May consider getting contacts and wear it whenever I go for run. Hopefully this can help to boost up my preferred sporty look. ^_^

Also happy to learn that you prefer to wear singlet when not exercising. Singlet is my usual going out casual wear. I feel that I look good when I wear singlet with glasses on when compared to topless.

yea. sometimes wearing contact lenses for long hours can be very drying and so after i come back home i take them off and switch to glasses. i usually run at night so end up a lot of times wearing glasses to run. only drawback is that i get very sweaty and sweat can drip over the glasses. plus got no shirt to wipe on. hahaha. can be irritating so thats why i wear contacts sometimes. but the guys who dont perspire a lot can wear glasses.

i think studious guy who works out can also look sporty. don't worry so much bro. just continue to train your body.

my preferred attire is shirtless but yes, if i have to wear a shirt, it's usually a singlet. my friends sometimes say i dress like a old man. because im always wearing singlet with shorts. sometimes the singlet is so old that its almost see through. hahaha. but i find it very comfortable. 

So you guys who run shirtless is leave your home without wearing your shirt? Or hold your shirt while you run shirtless? I have a long long time never see any shirtless guys running at my estate, feel that many guys are shy to go shirtless. Even i am hardly see guys playing basketball shirtless at basketball court also. Most guys play with their shirt on.

Guest Shirtless jog

I used to leave my home without a safety shirt for my jogs, but lately there's cctvs all over my estate and now it feels a little weird. now I usually wear a shirt but take it off just before I start running, I'm ok with going back shirtless still though.

9 hours ago, Guest Spectacled topless runner said:

I also wear glasses when jogging. Contact lense i wear for around 2 years and cannot stand the waste of time wearing it any more. I think many of my friends who wear glasses also jog with them. It is very uncomfortable to be partially blind.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Who is going for this run?

Me and many of my aj running group is going for this run.

Guest Jt_bandit
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So you guys who run shirtless is leave your home without wearing your shirt? Or hold your shirt while you run shirtless? I have a long long time never see any shirtless guys running at my estate, feel that many guys are shy to go shirtless. Even i am hardly see guys playing basketball shirtless at basketball court also. Most guys play with their shirt on.

I usually just go for my run shirtless. I don't wear a shirt at home so I find it a bit pointless to wear a shirt to run but eventually take it off halfway during the run.

U r right. The majority of guys wear a shirt when they exercise. But I think it has to do with acceptance. If more guys run shirtless or play sports shirtless it would motivate more guys to be less shy and to finally shed the shirt.

Majority of guys who run shirtless usually have a shirt with them but there are a few that start the run shirtless. I just feel since most guys in Singapore are usually shirtless at home why bother wearing a shirt to run especially if the play u run at is nearby. 

5 hours ago, Guest Shirtless jog said:

I used to leave my home without a safety shirt for my jogs, but lately there's cctvs all over my estate and now it feels a little weird. now I usually wear a shirt but take it off just before I start running, I'm ok with going back shirtless still though.

Why are you concerned about the cctv? Those are they to capture any kind of crime and you being shirtless isn't a crime bro.

I think you should not think too much about it. If u want to run shirtless, then just leave the shirt at home. Just like ripping a band-aid. Don't think too much. Fast and painless.

1 hour ago, Guest Jt_bandit said:

I usually just go for my run shirtless. I don't wear a shirt at home so I find it a bit pointless to wear a shirt to run but eventually take it off halfway during the run.

U r right. The majority of guys wear a shirt when they exercise. But I think it has to do with acceptance. If more guys run shirtless or play sports shirtless it would motivate more guys to be less shy and to finally shed the shirt.

Majority of guys who run shirtless usually have a shirt with them but there are a few that start the run shirtless. I just feel since most guys in Singapore are usually shirtless at home why bother wearing a shirt to run especially if the play u run at is nearby. 

Why are you concerned about the cctv? Those are they to capture any kind of crime and you being shirtless isn't a crime bro.

I think you should not think too much about it. If u want to run shirtless, then just leave the shirt at home. Just like ripping a band-aid. Don't think too much. Fast and painless.

Yeah maybe let me try that one of these days. Its true I shouldn't let it bother me too much 

Anyway I'm glad the Pokemon go craze has slowed down. It's caused the usual jogging places to be so crowded and there have been fewer shirtless runners and guys working out at the fitness corners.

3 hours ago, Guest Jt_bandit said:

Many years ago still can see many guys exercise shirtless, usually many of them play basketball shirtless. But recent years seems like shirtless is not common, as rarely can see guys exercise shirtless in public. Don't know what had happened now? If you run or exercise shirtless, you will be treated like some prevert guy who like to expose yourself.

Guest Sporty
18 hours ago, Guest Spectacled topless runner said:

Buy a sport running glasses, it make you look cool and sporty.

Guest Nipples
14 hours ago, Guest Jt_bandit said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by nipples pointing down. I have a big chest but my nipples don't point down. Im naturally bigger built with wider shoulders and back and so i don't think my chest looks too overly big.

When the upper chest is oversized and more developed than the lower chest, your nipples is sort of hidden and pointing down.  Saw so many bodybuilders like this. 

Guest Jt_bandit
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Many years ago still can see many guys exercise shirtless, usually many of them play basketball shirtless. But recent years seems like shirtless is not common, as rarely can see guys exercise shirtless in public. Don't know what had happened now? If you run or exercise shirtless, you will be treated like some prevert guy who like to expose yourself.

Yes. you're right. seeing lesser guys exercising shirtless in public. but i guess must be the area as well. more shirtless running and exercising in the ecp area or near reservoir parks. but it's okay, let's start by being a role model for the rest. if we confidently exercise shirtless, they might be motivated too.

i don't think you're pervert if you take off your shirt in public. however, you're a pervert if you take off your pants in public. :)

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yeah maybe let me try that one of these days. Its true I shouldn't let it bother me too much 

Anyway I'm glad the Pokemon go craze has slowed down. It's caused the usual jogging places to be so crowded and there have been fewer shirtless runners and guys working out at the fitness corners.

yes, bro. just go for it. leaving your house shirtless and going to exercise in public shirtless is one of the most liberating feelings. 

i'm glad the craze has died down too. 

8 hours ago, Guest Nipples said:

When the upper chest is oversized and more developed than the lower chest, your nipples is sort of hidden and pointing down.  Saw so many bodybuilders like this. 

never had that problem when i was bodybuilding and even when i trimmed down. i guess its about getting the right amount of muscular development. have to train consistently to get a more aesthetically pleasing physique.

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Many years ago in the army, there is no doors in the shower area and everybody is able to see each other naked but now many doors are being built in cubicles. So last time we train up to be a thick skin man and now being train to be a shy ku niang lol

11 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

Many years ago in the army, there is no doors in the shower area and everybody is able to see each other naked but now many doors are being built in cubicles. So last time we train up to be a thick skin man and now being train to be a shy ku niang lol

This could be the reason why leseer and lesser guys shirtless when exercise. Now all shower area comes with door, be it swimming pool or army camp. So guys are grow up to be more shy to show off their body to strangers. 

I remember during the 80/90s, you can even see guys shirtless going to nearby coffeshop and market to buy things. As i have one neighbor back then, the guy should be in secondary, always saw him shirtless went to the eatery nearby to buy food.

Guest Jt_bandit
7 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

After bmt I was still in combat and sent to one of the older camps in sg. It had been renovated now but when I was there quite some time back, the toilets had the open concept shower. 

It was usually just one big area with several shower heads attached to the wall. So if you went to shower and there are other guys, basically it's free show for all. 

But I never minded because we are all guys and shouldnt have to be shy in front of each other. One big difference then and now I've seen is body hair. In army most of the guys keep their body hair natural. unshaven armpits pubes chests stomach but now I see guys shave almost everything even their legs and arms. Quite interesting.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

This could be the reason why leseer and lesser guys shirtless when exercise. Now all shower area comes with door, be it swimming pool or army camp. So guys are grow up to be more shy to show off their body to strangers. 

I remember during the 80/90s, you can even see guys shirtless going to nearby coffeshop and market to buy things. As i have one neighbor back then, the guy should be in secondary, always saw him shirtless went to the eatery nearby to buy food.

At my old house, it used to be more common. I even had a neighbour, married man with 3 kids, who practically never wears a shirt. I saw him once coming back from the shop nearby wearing bemudas shorts with belt and pager attached but completely shirtless.

He's not muscle man. He's average guy with a slight stomach but he was so confident. It looked like it didn't bother him at all that he wasnt wearing a shirt. I think all of us should aspire to be like that. 

A lot of incidents near my old house but after moving to the new estate I'll admit I see less guys shirtless in public. But what I don't understand is a lot of guys wear shirts even at home. If they get warm, they switch on aircon instead of removing their shirt. It's worrying if you ask me.

Why worrying when guys at home wear shirt and switch on aircon when get warm?

Although i prefer to be shirtless when i am jogging, but I don't like to be shirtless when i am at home. Maybe if i am not sweating, i would prefer to wear something on my body.

got inspired by you guys and left my top at home for my run. Yeah after a while the Pokemon guys stopped bothering me as they were all staring at their phones. And at last I wasn't the only shirtless guy, this guy I ran past once took off his shirt eventually and I saw him shirtless when I ran past him again

Guest Jt_bandit
On 01/09/2016 at 10:53 AM, Guest Guest said:

Why worrying when guys at home wear shirt and switch on aircon when get warm?

Although i prefer to be shirtless when i am jogging, but I don't like to be shirtless when i am at home. Maybe if i am not sweating, i would prefer to wear something on my body.

Its worrying be coz we have become so dependent on aircon till we can't function without it. The minute the ac is a little low in the office you have people who will complain and ask the facilities dept to do something. 

Most homes didn't have ac till the 2000s. We managed to survive without it for so long but now it has become part of our lives. Worst part is that it's not even good for our health. When we cant escape it in offices, malls etc I think we should avoid using ac in the home.

This way we can encourage the younger generation to be not so dependent on ac.

I know what you mean. Sometimes when youre sweaty and sit on a sofa it's a bit gross. But I realize I don't perspire as much at home. Only happens when I'm out of the house. 

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

got inspired by you guys and left my top at home for my run. Yeah after a while the Pokemon guys stopped bothering me as they were all staring at their phones. And at last I wasn't the only shirtless guy, this guy I ran past once took off his shirt eventually and I saw him shirtless when I ran past him again

Good job buddy. How was the feeling? Did you feel free? 

Honestly I just ignore the pokemon players entirely and just do my exercise. There were bunch of them near my place fitness corner one night but continued my body weight training. Didn't really care if they looked or not. 

It's always nice to have shirtless company while exercising. It makes you feel like you're not alone. But nevertheless even if everyone else is wearing a shirt you shouldn't feel pressured to wear one. Just do what's comfortable for you mate.

23 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Skinny or fat is relative comparison. 

Be comfortable in your own skin. 

Many times even i am comfortable in my own skin, but still can't live in my own world without care for people around me.

• G_M changed the title to Discussion of Going Topless / Shirtless In Public + Ideas Or Reasons For Doing It? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic