Male HQ

Discussion On Compression Sport Tights / Shorts, Etc. Where & Which To Buy? (Compiled)

Malexpoly

Guest Nina Khong
22 minutes ago, 4evaboring said:

I have a pair of 2xu, it for running and can wear it by itself. Infact all 2xu can wear by itself

Wow those are nice and very sexy!

I own several pairs. Personally, I think i like the 3/4 length best. I wear them mostly for working out, but will wear them sometimes for running errands on my way or after gym. I prefer darker colours, as sometimes the brighter colours tend to be a little sheer, i.e. I have a pair from Nike that looks ok when on the shelf but when you wear them, because the fabric stretches, it becomes a little see through, and you can see the colour of my jock strap.  Maybe that's why guys wear shorts over them. 

Love. 

8 hours ago, doncoin said:

I own several pairs. Personally, I think i like the 3/4 length best. I wear them mostly for working out, but will wear them sometimes for running errands on my way or after gym. I prefer darker colours, as sometimes the brighter colours tend to be a little sheer, i.e. I have a pair from Nike that looks ok when on the shelf but when you wear them, because the fabric stretches, it becomes a little see through, and you can see the colour of my jock strap.  Maybe that's why guys wear shorts over them. 

Sorry I newbie to this.

I always thought we wear tights without underwear...or is it just personal preference only?

Yeah i looking for those knee cap length types. Prefer to let the skin "breathe"....

21 minutes ago, dreamerSG said:

Sorry I newbie to this.

I always thought we wear tights without underwear...or is it just personal preference only?

Yeah i looking for those knee cap length types. Prefer to let the skin "breathe"....

You can go without underwear if you want, personally, I feel better with them under. 

Love. 

Guest Triple layer clothings

In singapore weather, it is impossible to wear underwear, compression tights AND shorts together. 3 layers is going to be too warm for our hot and humid tropical climate!

i would like to hear from guys who will do that! 

I run long distance and often cover 30-35km every Sunday to train for marathons and longer distances.

I wear full length tights for distances above 21km and short ones for distances up to 21km.

And I swear by Skins.

I wear the tights by themselves and dont wear shorts over them.

I mainly wear compression tights to prevent chafing that one tends to get if one wears normal shorts when running long distance.

A combination of sweat and the elastic bits in the inner lining of normal shorts tend to cause chafing.

Also, to me, compression tights reduce movement when one runs

Because of this, I feel less sore after a long run since wearing them.

Imho, invest in a good pair only if you run long distance of 21km and above.

I just wear normal shorts when I run my daily 15km. :)

7 minutes ago, dreamerSG said:

hope you guys can help me out with one more question.

my waist around 35 inch. Not sure if a M or S is more suitable.

Just want to get feedback from you folks who uses them.

Thanks again!

Technically, 35" is a large. However, you should always looks at the manufacturer's website for sizing guide. Some tights tend to run a bit smaller. So check before you buy. I.e. I personally find Nike runs a bit smaller, but Reebok fits just nice for me. 

Love. 

20 hours ago, dreamerSG said:

hope you guys can help me out with one more question.

my waist around 35 inch. Not sure if a M or S is more suitable.

Just want to get feedback from you folks who uses them.

Thanks again!

With a waist of 35 inch, S is too small! Maybe M or L. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

nike pro is supposed to be underwear. Why some peeps wear them on outside ??!!

For running should get this 642822-010back.png

It comes with reflective stripes on the rear for running at night.

there is also a small key pocket.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, carrot said:

Everyone's wearing UA these days. herd mentality maybe

2XU for me.  triathlon is those whole suit type. u can just choose the shorts types if you just want to do weights/run

2XU shorts are also compression or just loose fitting shorts? I don't recall seeing them in regular stores though, where is it available?

I wear compression tights for running. I use two brands  - Skins and 2XU.

I wear a pair to mainly prevent chafing.

Chafing sucks when you do long distance cos you will find it extremely hard to continue even though you havent hit the wall yet.

Wounds caused by chafing can bleed and they HURT like really bad.

For distances to 21km, I wear the ones that end above the knee.

For distances above 21km, I wear full length ones. Since wearing them, my calves don't hurt as much any more after my full marathons.

I wear S sized compression tights.

Am not a big guy - my waist is 28 inches. Heh.

13 hours ago, carrot said:

Everyone's wearing UA these days. herd mentality maybe

2XU for me.  triathlon is those whole suit type. u can just choose the shorts types if you just want to do weights/run

UA got many different bright colour to choose from while other brand almost same black dull colour. I believe thats the reason why most people like UA like a fashion show and at least this is the reason for me

had tried zoot, ok brand,,,,

current using under armour, cheaper and size fits,,,,,

compression supposedly helps to recover better, prevent abrasion,,,,,

2XU has triathalon n normal running versions, but more expensive

can buy at keysports at novena square, velocity or the new 2XU store akan datang

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently discovered Polo Sports, and there is definitely a difference in quality, even from Nike. PS has nice designs, but what stood out was better fabric, and stitching, which makes them more durable. Their fabric also stretches better than Nike. 

polo-ralph-lauren-polo-black-quick-wick-

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

On 17/11/2016 at 8:50 AM, Terence74 said:

Any one into compression tights fetish?

Me too

On 21/12/2016 at 10:10 PM, victorp said:

Will it be a good time around now to organize a tights fetish gathering? Previous tries were failures...

mmmmmmm....sounds kinky....heheheheh

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, outernet said:

Some gym goers wear compression pants and wear shorts over it. why? cover the cock shape is it?

How many of u still wear underwear underneath your compression pants?

i think if there are other people, esp the other gender around, gym goers will generally wear shorts over the "exposing" compression wear

dun think it's recommended to wear anything underneath right? super squeezy for ur balls man

3 hours ago, Joker2016 said:

i think if there are other people, esp the other gender around, gym goers will generally wear shorts over the "exposing" compression wear

dun think it's recommended to wear anything underneath right? super squeezy for ur balls man

I am wearing 2XU, for my long runs and marathons.

I still wear my underwear underneath my compression tights. Reason being, I tried without and I don't like the feeling of it. But not wearing shorts over it, that I find it weird.

Do note if you perspire alot and your compression is of a lighter shade, it maybe more obvious on your package, when is wet. Alternatively, get a top that covers the package area. :P

I use 2XU. Seems to fit the term "compression" shorts. Can't recall what the model is called.  The slightly more expensive one at $149.00. Meant to give support so you recover faster.  Although more expensive, they seem to last longer and retain the compression longer.  

I have tried Nike and adidas. Not as "compressed".  Haven't tried UA yet as I haven't come across them yet.

• G_M changed the title to Didn't realised my tights ripped after doing squads
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.