Male HQ

Hair Thinning / Hair Loss Problems / Hair Treatment & Hair Products Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Trust the hands
On 2/25/2022 at 11:50 PM, justin21 said:

Any good salons or barbers to recommend? It is hard to find a good hairdresser who can advise on neat hairstyles for thinning hair

Unless you have long hair that needs to be dressed,  no point going for expensive hairdresser.  Try the malay or indian barber shop and tell them not to over trim the part where hair is thinning.   Most of them are quite compassionate about your situation because some barbers themselves have similar dilemma like you.

• 1 month later...
Guest whywhy

Although I'm not blading yet, I do notice thinning of hair at the crown.

I have been going for hair treatment and putting serum for the past 15 years but hair thinning still happens.

What else could I do?  

Guest Nature
On 4/3/2022 at 3:37 PM, Guest whywhy said:

Although I'm not blading yet, I do notice thinning of hair at the crown.

I have been going for hair treatment and putting serum for the past 15 years but hair thinning still happens.

What else could I do?  

Alopecia is not curable.  It is part of aging.  Minoxidil can help hair regrowth but only on certain area of your head but it will stop growing because it is topical medicine.   Unless you do topical minoxidil together with oral Finasteride, to ensure thicker hair growth.  It is a permanent medication, like taking high blood pressure medication and you should not stop. Otherwise your hair will recede again.  As for side effect,  Finasteride may cause low blood pressure and impotency.  Check with your doctor.

More expensive alternative is hair transplant.  

Best is to embrace the cause of nature and accept your baldness.  Less money spend, less worry.  Eventually, you may want to consider shaving botak and start wearing a nice cap to look cool and which also bring out the charm of some not so good looking guy. 

Can try shampoos which helps reduce hair loss. I have tried few brands, actually most do help to certain extent.

The best so far is Grafen Zero Dirty, cleans your scalp thoroughly after massaging for 30s or more. been using for abt 6 months, I find my hair loss has reduced significantly, and the amount becomes not noticeable, maybe a few strands on some days after shower. I don’t use treatments (home or saloon) cos of laziness and don’t like staining my pillows 😅

try for at about 2 weeks or half a bottle to determine if it helps, unless it gives adverse effects. Best part, not expensive at all compared to most hair treatments cost.

Hope you’ll be able to find a product that works for you too 😉

Guest My take
On 4/4/2022 at 11:27 PM, mansoar said:

Can try shampoos which helps reduce hair loss. I have tried few brands, actually most do help to certain extent.

The best so far is Grafen Zero Dirty, cleans your scalp thoroughly after massaging for 30s or more. been using for abt 6 months, I find my hair loss has reduced significantly, and the amount becomes not noticeable, maybe a few strands on some days after shower.😅

Shampoo helps to puff up your hair to visually look thicker. But it does not help to thicken your hair from it's root. The only benefit is the massage part during shampooing. It helps to circulate blood to your scalp, hoping to nourish the dying follicles and rid the dead hairs. Thus, you u see less hair falling after a few wash. 

Did you read the article in ST yesterday or the day before about male pheremones (is this spelt right?); that invisible odourless chemical that give men that extra sexy appeal? The main source of male pheremones is the armpits, that's why there is so much hair there...to increase surface area and help in the dispersal of the pheremones. I think the pubic hair to has that role too.

• 1 month later...

i decided to try mirconeedling for scalp + applying Minoxidil, first session today. I just hoped that my hair loss condition will improve. i learned to embrace it since my father relative side all got balding problems (genetics), but sometimes you will still feel insecure especially when i'm still in my 20 plus going 30..... so i decided give it a go....

Try Biotin, can get on iherb (Natrol, 10,000mcg). Consider starting with 2 pills a day for first bottle and subsequently 1 pill a day as per recommended dose.

Don't get low strength ones, you need to have min. amount to see the effect (google studies on biotin intake).

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2022 at 10:26 PM, jack21992 said:

i decided to try mirconeedling for scalp + applying Minoxidil, first session today. I just hoped that my hair loss condition will improve. i learned to embrace it since my father relative side all got balding problems (genetics), but sometimes you will still feel insecure especially when i'm still in my 20 plus going 30..... so i decided give it a go....

Could you share your experience with the treatment? Am curious about the effectiveness of micro-needling with minoxidil. I'm currently using Mantou Shampoo and serum which has helped to calm my over sensitive / oily scalp and visibly reduce my hair-fall. I do believe the earlier treatment starts, the more hair saved.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Got google
2 hours ago, kidster said:

Does anyone know which brand of shampoo and conditioner do not contain formaldehyde ?

got google meh? If so, why do you always come here with your questions? Or you think gay uncles know better? 

4 hours ago, Guest Got google said:

got google meh? If so, why do you always come here with your questions? Or you think gay uncles know better? 

Yes, of course I know how to Google.

I'm asking for advice from people who have been there done that. 

The contents from Google are either sponsored write-ups or with hidden objectives.

Hope I answer your doubt. 

Edited by kidster

Guest Got google
8 hours ago, kidster said:

Yes, of course I know how to Google.

I'm asking for advice from people who have been there done that. 

The contents from Google are either sponsored write-ups or with hidden objectives.

Hope I answer your doubt. 

😂 

Try this hair care i recomend it to my colleague and cousin they say is good can see the hair start to be thicker. The brand is Nioxin you can try the starter kit is about $75 for the starter kit. It consist of shampoo, conditioner and scalp serum. My cousin used it with 2mth pkus his hair looked fuller and thicker. Partly is ia also your diet.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest
6 hours ago, tyan said:

Hi. Any recommendation for hair stylist with creative idea for guys with serious crown thinning problem?? 

8E80194C-4DCC-429B-BD6A-396BDF1D7BD2.jpeg

u post at massage forum which i cant reply, so reply u here..

i know ask abt hair stylist, but hv u try minoxidil 5%?

https://www.pharmacy.nhg.com.sg/productCatalogue/productDetails.aspx?productId=3208&subsubcatid=12

if u try alrdy but no work, then i rec my hair salon : mystique at nex, they hv a range of products n led light thingy of cos aso more expensive la

https://www.facebook.com/mystiquehubinternational/

i doing both to b more eff. lol

22 hours ago, Guest guest said:

u post at massage forum which i cant reply, so reply u here..

i know ask abt hair stylist, but hv u try minoxidil 5%?

https://www.pharmacy.nhg.com.sg/productCatalogue/productDetails.aspx?productId=3208&subsubcatid=12

if u try alrdy but no work, then i rec my hair salon : mystique at nex, they hv a range of products n led light thingy of cos aso more expensive la

https://www.facebook.com/mystiquehubinternational/

i doing both to b more eff. lol

Thanks. Any recommendation on which hair stylist to look for?

On 1/29/2023 at 6:31 PM, fetish72 said:

Try this hair care i recomend it to my colleague and cousin they say is good can see the hair start to be thicker. The brand is Nioxin you can try the starter kit is about $75 for the starter kit. It consist of shampoo, conditioner and scalp serum. My cousin used it with 2mth pkus his hair looked fuller and thicker. Partly is ia also your diet.

I have used before. No result. 

Guest guest
On 3/14/2023 at 6:18 PM, tyan said:

Thanks. Any recommendation on which hair stylist to look for?

u can try jason, see his bio - manager at mystique

https://www.facebook.com/jason.lim.568?comment_id=Y29tbWVudDozNDY0NzQ0OTY5NDM5MDhfMzQ3MDkyNTUzNTQ4NzY5

u jus say ppl intro him to u, no need to say me de, i discreet ma, lol

u say u heard e salon can help wif hair loss prob.

but hor i see ur condition like many yrs liao, better ask if they can still help-like assess ur condition 1st b4 spending on their treatment, all e best to u!

My neighbour's son, shaved his hair completely,  He was in his 20s when he did that.  Reason, stress was the motive behind his decision to shave botak.  Thus, giving him one less problem to think about hair issue.   It is easier for guy to shave off their hair, but girls do not have such luxury lest people thought you are sick or something.

Edited by Why?

• 2 months later...
Guest Me think
15 minutes ago, appboy said:

Unless orally taken, anything thing that is topically applied (including Minoxidil) won't work.  It only stopped hair shedding thus appears to look "full" on your head.   However, finasteride might be very effective for some people but there is side effect of lowering your blood pressure and caused your cock to become flacid, me think.

Alternatively, let nature do its own work by sleeping well (7 hours under complete dark room), eat more protein food (hair needs protein),  relax your mood 90% of the time during the day  (possible?), and consume more vitiamin D.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.